It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie, the way you twist

Fonzie, the way you twist and "interpret" the meaning of scripture will be exactly the reason that you go to Hell. You believe that Jesus has suspended the Law so that you can fornicate and pile drive other men in the bedroom. You think Jesus is soft on sin, because you need to believe that to live the sort of lifestyle you live. You are also too chicken to refudiate the sinful lifestyles of other people. Basically, you deny God because you are a weak person. And a weak person like yourself will only find the flames of Hell that much more painful.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 So now we know that fonzie

So now we know that fonzie does indeed read the other threads on this forum, he simply chooses to rarely..I mean never participate in any but this one "I love Jesus" brag thread. Actually I haven't figured out if fonzie *is* Jesus or if he is just riding a fairy tale Jesus penis in his mind. They are probably the same thing though in some odd way.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

@ Fonz

I can only interpret your change of the subject as an admission of defeat. Does this mean that you will stop picking and choosing from the scripture which bits you find acceptable, and get right with the Lord?

The scripture says not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law until all is fulfilled, not until the law is fulfilled. That means not one jot or tittle shall pass until Heaven and Earth pass, and everything in eternity is fulfilled. Otherwise, why did He say "until Heaven and Earth pass"?

I really think you should get your nose in the Good Book instead of all this horsing around on the internets.

Billy Bob Jenkins,

It's really not a change of subject.  I don't see any point in talking to you about Scripture - you didn't show any sound reasoning concerning the Scriptures I supplied that show the old law - such as stoning your son or daughte -  the things you brought up with your "created character" here, have passed away.  I gave the example too of how Jesus "declared all foods clean" - so your answer is just more of what you're all about.  I don't buy your presentation of yourself or your arguments Billy Bob.  

So, until further notice (as in: NEVER), don't stone your kid, try to get your mind off sex, have a bar-b-Q, consider having an honest thought, and stay away from hooch if you want to be a Nazarite.  

Forgive me, but I refuse to repeat myself just because you refuse to comprehend what I say. But please refrain from making the same ignorant comments over and over. I have already refudiated everything you have said.

Fundie fight over already ?

So who won ? Help me out here, Billy & "Fonzie", cuz I can't tell.

Who's the real christian ? Who's just pretending ?

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Fundie

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie is a fake Christian who picks and chooses which Bible verses to believe. He will be spending eternity gargling Satan's steamin' semen. He claims God threw out the whole Old Testament. It says that nowhere in the Bible. Fonzie is damned.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I would question why the

I would question why the old testament is still there if it's not valid. I don't remember seeing a disclaimer about it anywhere.

Oh wait I think I found it, says right here "this old testament is total bs and has passed it's usefulness, mankind has advanced too far to believe any of it's ridiculous, hateful, bigoted, jealous, spiteful, genocidal teachings."

The new testament says "Do not actually read this new testament, instead go to your favorite local church, preferably the one your friends go to and let the preacher pick and choose one bit of scripture and make long drawn out pointless stories about it that are likely taken out of literal context but who cares you probably aren't listening anyway."

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Given jesus is a made up guy

Anonymouse wrote:

and god is a confabulation of the human adulation urge, all christians are fake...of course, some fake christians are are wittier than others.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Amen!!!

Fonzie is a fake Christian. I am the real McCoy.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Fonzie is a fake Christian who picks and chooses which Bible verses to believe. He will be spending eternity gargling Satan's steamin' semen. He claims God threw out the whole Old Testament. It says that nowhere in the Bible. Fonzie is damned.

The old covenant was done away with (hebrews 9). A lot of Christians think that means the Old Testament, which you state correctly the books were not pitched. They begrudging kept them so they could point to it and take some vague references to prove Jesus was the Messiah. Marcion was the first to canonize the Bible in 140 A.D. He didn't even want to include the OT because it was so barbaric.  Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity and found there was much disagreement about which books to put in to what we call the New Testament. He got a bunch of bishops together and they decided on what books to included. 100's were excluded and Christians who loved the books had to hide them. You seem to think the KJV1611 is something magical in how it came to be. Studying how the books were chosen is a very human story and we owe debt to the roots of the Catholic Church for it and also for their suppression of other "inspired" books. But in the past decades some have been discovered providing a richer view of that time period.

http://www.thelostbooks.com/list.htm

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is the Old covenant

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

@ Fonz

I can only interpret your change of the subject as an admission of defeat. Does this mean that you will stop picking and choosing from the scripture which bits you find acceptable, and get right with the Lord?

The scripture says not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law until all is fulfilled, not until the law is fulfilled. That means not one jot or tittle shall pass until Heaven and Earth pass, and everything in eternity is fulfilled. Otherwise, why did He say "until Heaven and Earth pass"?

I really think you should get your nose in the Good Book instead of all this horsing around on the internets.

Billy Bob Jenkins,

It's really not a change of subject.  I don't see any point in talking to you about Scripture - you didn't show any sound reasoning concerning the Scriptures I supplied that show the old law - such as stoning your son or daughte -  the things you brought up with your "created character" here, have passed away.  I gave the example too of how Jesus "declared all foods clean" - so your answer is just more of what you're all about.  I don't buy your presentation of yourself or your arguments Billy Bob.  

So, until further notice (as in: NEVER), don't stone your kid, try to get your mind off sex, have a bar-b-Q, consider having an honest thought, and stay away from hooch if you want to be a Nazarite.  

Forgive me, but I refuse to repeat myself just because you refuse to comprehend what I say. But please refrain from making the same ignorant comments over and over. I have already refudiated everything you have said.

So I would think you both of you Christian gentlemen would agree the old covenant has been done away with since we no longer do the heathen practice of sacrificing an animal to appease an angry god. Billy Bob will you surprise me here?

Which of these do you believe are old covenant things replaced by the new covenant?

1. Need for an earthly temple with priest and high priests.

2. Need for killing an animal for the forgiveness of sins or being grateful.

3. Not eating unclean meat

4. Not cooking a young goat in its mother's milk

5. Stoning people for sins such as rebellion, being gay or being an adulterer/adulteress.

6. Not having sex with your wife when she is on her period.

7. Saved by obeying the law

8. Celebrating the Feast of Unleavened Bread 

9. The ten commandments

anything else replaced by the new covenant?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 ex-minister wrote: Which

ex-minister wrote:

Which of these do you believe are old covenant things replaced by the new covenant?

1. Need for an earthly temple with priest and high priests.

Jesus tells us that we no longer need priests.

John 14:6 (King James Version) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

ex-minister wrote:
2. Need for killing an animal for the forgiveness of sins or being grateful.
Christ's sacrifice sanctified us in place of lesser sacrifices.

Hebrews 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Hebrews 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

ex-minister wrote:
Mark 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

ex-minister wrote:
Nothing in the New Testament refudiates this law.

ex-minister wrote:
5. Stoning people for sins such as rebellion, being gay or being an adulterer/adulteress.

ex-minister wrote:
6. Not having sex with your wife when she is on her period.

ex-minister wrote:
Nothing in the New Testament refudiates this fact.

1. ex-minister wrote:
    Celebrating the Feast of Unleavened Bread
    Jesus did not care whether or not His disciples kept the feast. Matthew 16:7-8 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

ex-minister wrote:
9. The ten commandments
Nothing in the New Testament refudiates them.

ex-minister wrote:
Nope.

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
@ ex-ministerFonzie should

@ ex-minister

Fonzie should have no trouble answering your questions at all, because as a fake Christian he can just make up whatever answers he pleases.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie ?

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

@ ex-minister

Fonzie should have no trouble answering your questions at all, because as a fake Christian he can just make up whatever answers he pleases.

I wonder if Fonzie will answer. I would like that. I do have some thoughts on your reply. Would like to see Fonzie's thoughts first. I expect him to say the entire list is done away with. Something like we don't need the 10 commandments because we follow the spirit of the law.

Religion Kills !!!

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Billy Bob

ex-minister wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

@ ex-minister

I wonder if Fonzie will answer. I would like that. I do have some thoughts on your reply. Would like to see Fonzie's thoughts first. I expect him to say the entire list is done away with. Something like we don't need the 10 commandments because we follow the spirit of the law.

He's probably busy having sodomy with an unbeliever.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT'S UP DOC

ex-minister wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

@ ex-minister

ex-minister,

It looks like jcgadfly gave up making a fly and instead created a character with (abado, abado) too much camp for me.  Did your caddy tell you you're supposed to take the sock off?  

And now even the created character Billy Bob is trying to act just a little normal plus ex-minister has "got religion" - all to try to make me discuss Scripture with Bugs Bunny. 

Atheists with attitude, or is it "altitude".  

Thinking a person can be saved by law is a big mistake, but common.  It's the natural wrong thought - goods received for service rendered.  There's no peace in that pursuit - the only peace is in salvation by faith in Christ Jesus, His atoning sacrifice, His resurrection and indestructible Life.  Christ's perfect Life and terrible death showed how out of reach the price is - except in Him.

Contrary to further false thinking, the result of grace through faith is not sitting on the laurels.  The refreshing results of salvation through faith in the grace of God in Christ is a dynamo of motivation - not for selfish purpose but putting everything into the eternal pursuit of "knowing Christ" like Paul who was beaten, left for dead, then got up and went back into town to preach some more - even hoping to share in Christ's suffering.  Paul was in prison for Christ and rejoicing, teaching a "contentment class" after having gone to "contentment school". 

And while it's true that faith takes all our being - heart, soul, mind, strength - to maintain; faith is in the reach of everybody (everybody who is real, that is...doc)

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:It looks like

Fonzie wrote:
It looks like jcgadfly gave up making a fly and instead created a character

Nah, sorry, they've been online at the same time (unlike you and a certain someone ). You really should pay closer attention.

...but then of course, you'd notice things you'd rather ignore, so yeah...

(Btw, I have to say, you trying to pin your own past sins on someone else, that does show that you might feel a glimmer of shame for lying about your earlier threads. That could be progress. Nice to see I'm not wasting my time)

Fonzie wrote:
with (abado, abado) too much camp for me.  Did your caddy tell you you're supposed to take the sock off?  

And now even the created character Billy Bob is trying to act just a little normal plus ex-minister has "got religion" - all to try to make me discuss Scripture with Bugs Bunny. 

??

Ooookay,...I'm going to have to ask you again to take a bloodtest for the lithium.

Seems like it's really urgent now.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Please help

Fonzie wrote:

The only peace is in salvation by faith in Christ Jesus, His atoning sacrifice, His resurrection and indestructible Life.  Christ's perfect Life and terrible death showed how out of reach the price is - except in Him.

Could some genius please explain to me how it is that that the war god's virgin born son, possessed of what Fonzie describes here as 'indestructible life', ever managed to experience a 'terrible death'?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Thinking a

Fonzie wrote:

Thinking a person can be saved by law is a big mistake, but common. 

It seems I actually misunderstood this question. One must obey the law, but one must also have faith to be saved. When one is saved, one cannot sin. 

1st John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

My mistake.

But the fact of the matter is that True Christians do not sin. Ever. According to the Word of God as I have shown.

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Could

Atheistextremist wrote:

Could some genius please explain to me how it is that that the war god's virgin born son, possessed of what Fonzie describes here as 'indestructible life', ever managed to experience a 'terrible death'?

Fonzie just makes things up. He has no real Biblical knowledge. He believes whatever pleases him with little or no regard for what the Bible actually says.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Could

Atheistextremist wrote:

Oh, I know ! I know ! Pick me !

See, if you think "indestructible life" means "indestructible life", you're actually "mischaracterizing" his words.

Isn't it awesome ?

Higgins
User is offlineOffline
@Billy Bob Jenkins As you

@Billy Bob Jenkins

As you have stated previously you take the Bible literally correct? I am curious to know if you condemn other followers of the same god as you do (such as Muslims and Jews) are their texts not as valid as yours (as both come as a revelation from God)? Furthermore, how do you deal with the books which were not included in the Bible such as other Gnostic gospels (aside from John), and other revelations which would (according to the authors' view come from God)? Wouldn't any other text which detailed the life of Jesus allow for better understanding of the character?

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Fonzie

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
It looks like jcgadfly gave up making a fly and instead created a character

Nah, sorry, they've been online at the same time (unlike you and a certain someone ). You really should pay closer attention.

...but then of course, you'd notice things you'd rather ignore, so yeah...

(Btw, I have to say, you trying to pin your own past sins on someone else, that does show that you might feel a glimmer of shame for lying about your earlier threads. That could be progress. Nice to see I'm not wasting my time)

Fonzie wrote:
with (abado, abado) too much camp for me.  Did your caddy tell you you're supposed to take the sock off?  

??

Ooookay,...I'm going to have to ask you again to take a bloodtest for the lithium.

Seems like it's really urgent now.

Sorry Fonzie/Meph.

Beating you over the head with your holy book is not so much fun that I'd need to do it twice.

You claim to worship the Creator over the creation - have you started praying to Paul yet?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Fonzie wrote:

Thinking a person can be saved by law is a big mistake, but common.  It's the natural wrong thought - goods received for service rendered.  There's no peace in that pursuit - the only peace is in salvation by faith in Christ Jesus, His atoning sacrifice, His resurrection and indestructible Life.  Christ's perfect Life and terrible death showed how out of reach the price is - except in Him.

Contrary to further false thinking, the result of grace through faith is not sitting on the laurels.  The refreshing results of salvation through faith in the grace of God in Christ is a dynamo of motivation - not for selfish purpose but putting everything into the eternal pursuit of "knowing Christ" like Paul who was beaten, left for dead, then got up and went back into town to preach some more - even hoping to share in Christ's suffering.  Paul was in prison for Christ and rejoicing, teaching a "contentment class" after having gone to "contentment school". 

And while it's true that faith takes all our being - heart, soul, mind, strength - to maintain; faith is in the reach of everybody (everybody who is real, that is...doc)

Fonzie,

It pains me to see that your lithium addiction has so thoroughly depleted your testosterone,  that you lack the manliness to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, now an infinite + 8 times.   In your advanced stage senility, you must have forgotten the question itself:  Which do you value more, the truth (a) or your beliefs (b)? 

Each time you refuse to answer, the cowardice and dishonesty that christianity has infected you with grows clearer.

Paul was actually beaten by a hashish-crazed male prostitute after he refused to pay for services reamed.  He made up the jesus story to protect his already questionable reputation.  Now several years later you are accepting a pervert's fabrications into your lithium-varnished mind, in order to suppress your own masculine deficiencies.  

Hysterectomize these lies and anwer the question; recover your manhood before it's too late.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, Billy Bob.

Higgins wrote:

@Billy Bob Jenkins

As you have stated previously you take the Bible literally correct? I am curious to know if you condemn other followers of the same god as you do (such as Muslims and Jews) are their texts not as valid as yours (as both come as a revelation from God)? Furthermore, how do you deal with the books which were not included in the Bible such as other Gnostic gospels (aside from John), and other revelations which would (according to the authors' view come from God)? Wouldn't any other text which detailed the life of Jesus allow for better understanding of the character?

Higgins has a good point. Do you think the Council of Nicaea was authorised by the lord our father to start editing the bible and dropping important chapters like Thomas, which might include some parts that make it seem like the author has been into the mushrooms, but in other areas seems to endorse and usefully support other books in the NT.

I'm also interested in your literal interpretation of the loading of the ark. We have one indonesian ferry of dubious build quality constructed using timber gnawed into shape by gophers. We have around 1.7 million known species multiplied by 2 for unclean and 7 for clean. Let's say we have about ten million creatures. We have the seven croc ranglers of the Noah-Irwin family and we have 24 hours before the monsoon hits.

What I want to know is how much lanolin was required to lubricate the passage of the 6944 species per second that gushed through the doors and onto the ark.

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:@Billy Bob

Higgins wrote:

@Billy Bob Jenkins

It would appear on the face of it that Muslims and Jews serve God, but things are not always what they seem.

The Jews have collectively betrayed God. They even killed Jesus. The God that Jews worship is actually Satan.

Allah is actually a demon disguising itself poorly as God.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are a plant. The Devil wrote them and hid them in caves for us to find in order to confuse us and lead us away from the Lord. The Apocrypha were inspired by Satan, not God. They mimic the truth in certain places to get our attention, but they are mostly lies.

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Higgins wrote:

@Billy Bob Jenkins

Higgins has a good point. Do you think the Council of Nicaea was authorised by the lord our father to start editing the bible and dropping important chapters like Thomas, which might include some parts that make it seem like the author has been into the mushrooms, but in other areas seems to endorse and usefully support other books in the NT.

I'm also interested in your literal interpretation of the loading of the ark. We have one indonesian ferry of dubious build quality constructed using timber gnawed into shape by gophers. We have around 1.7 million known species multiplied by 2 for unclean and 7 for clean. Let's say we have about ten million creatures. We have the seven croc ranglers of the Noah-Irwin family and we have 24 hours before the monsoon hits.

What I want to know is how much lanolin was required to lubricate the passage of the 6944 species per second that gushed through the doors and onto the ark.

The council members were inspired by God to select the books that God wanted in the Bible. We know this because they are the books that made it into the Bible. Thomas was inspired by Satan, mimicking the truth in certain places to get our attention, but spouting forth lies everywhere else.

There may actually be fewer than 6944 species. You see, they might only have had wolves or dogs and not both. Once the flood was over, the dogs/wolves gave birth to the other one and then ran off to populate the different parts of Canada, Mexico, and New Zealand and the places where there are dogs, coyotes, dingos, etcetera... The same may be true of horses and zebra, emu and ostriches, etcetera...

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Do you believe in dinosaurs, Billy?

Or are these beings just gigantic scaly clumps of wool satan is pulling over the eyes of the smarmy, soon to be immolated BBQ fodder?

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Oh dinosaurs are real

Oh dinosaurs are real alright. In fact, the Bible gives us an extensive account of dinosaurs, usually referred to as "dragons", sometimes as "behemoth" or "leviathan". You will notice that the elasmosaurus or leviathan actually breathed fire! 

Brachiosaurus Job 40:15-24 (King James Version)

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Elasmosaurus Job 41:1-34 (King James Version)

1Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? 2Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?

3Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?

4Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?

5Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?

6Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

7Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?

8Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.

9Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?

10None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?

11Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine. 12I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.

13Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle? 14Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about.

15His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.

16One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

17They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

18By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

19Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

20Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

22In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.

23The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved. 24His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.

25When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves. 26The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.

27He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood.

28The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble.

29Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.

30Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.

31He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

32He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.

33Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.

34He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

Isaiah 27:1 (King James Version) 1In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Psalm 74:13 (King James Version) 13Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

Isaiah 13:22 22And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Isaiah 34:13 13And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.

Isaiah 35:7 7And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

Isaiah 43:20 20The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

Jeremiah 14:6 6And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.

Jeremiah 51:34 34Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon hath devoured me, he hath crushed me, he hath made me an empty vessel, he hath swallowed me up like a dragon, he hath filled his belly with my delicates, he hath cast me out.

Micah 1:8 (King James Version) 8Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.

Malachi 1:3 (King James Version) 3And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Higgins
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:It

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

It would appear on the face of it that Muslims and Jews serve God, but things are not always what they seem.

The Jews have collectively betrayed God. They even killed Jesus. The God that Jews worship is actually Satan.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are a plant. The Devil wrote them and hid them in caves for us to find in order to confuse us and lead us away from the Lord. The Apocrypha were inspired by Satan, not God. They mimic the truth in certain places to get our attention, but they are mostly lies.

So I am lost the god which gave the Hebrews the commandments, all 613 of them (See Deuteronomy and Leviticus), is Satan, so why do you believe the whole of the Bible to be literal? If the same god gave the books of the Bible to the Hebrews that they currently worship, then why would there be any reason to believe them?

As for Muslims, the term 'Allah' only means 'God' in Arabic, so there are Christians in the Near East that worship 'Allah'.

Also I did not mention the Dead Sea Scrolls, the stories I have been talking about are ones which have been found/referenced by other material such as letters and other writings from the time the Council of Nicaea was.

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:Billy Bob

Higgins wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

So I am lost the god which gave the Hebrews the commandments, all 613 of them (See Deuteronomy and Leviticus), is Satan, so why do you believe the whole of the Bible to be literal? If the same god gave the books of the Bible to the Hebrews that they currently worship, then why would there be any reason to believe them?

As for Muslims, the term 'Allah' only means 'God' in Arabic, so there are Christians in the Near East that worship 'Allah'.

Also I did not mention the Dead Sea Scrolls, the stories I have been talking about are ones which have been found/referenced by other material such as letters and other writings from the time the Council of Nicaea was.

The Jews no longer worship God, who wrote the Bible. They have betrayed God and turned to Satan, as I said. The Jews killed Jesus and started WWII.

Muslims are calling the demon that they worship "Allah", but that doesn't make it a god. It is still just a demon.

The writings from the Council of Nicea are the Apocrypha. I just mentioned the Dead Sea Scrolls because I thought you might be curious.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Higgins wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

The Jews no longer worship God, who wrote the Bible. They have betrayed God and turned to Satan, as I said. The Jews killed Jesus and started WWII.

Muslims are calling the demon that they worship "Allah", but that doesn't make it a god. It is still just a demon.

The writings from the Council of Nicea are the Apocrypha. I just mentioned the Dead Sea Scrolls because I thought you might be curious.

Mr. Mel Gibson, welcome to the site. Smiling

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

drichards85
Theist
drichards85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brief Correction on Apocrypha

Billy Bob,

The Apocrypha does not refer to the writings of the Council of Nicea but to the deutercanonical ('second canon') of books written between the time of the Prophet Malachi and the Gospels.  This 'second canon' - which included Sirach, The Wisdom of Solomon, Tobit, the books of the Maccabees, and so forth - was a standard part of the LXX or Septuagint (means 'seventy') version of the Scriptures, a Greek translation of the Hebrew original done by seventy-two (get it?) Jewish translators in Alexandria, Egypt around the time of Alexander the Great, and was used by all Christians until the time of the Reformation in the 17th century.  Those who wrote around the time of the Council of Nicea are the Church Fathers, but they are not Apocryphal writers because they read the Apocryphal authors of the Old Testament.

IC XC

David

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
drichards85 wrote:Billy

drichards85 wrote:

Billy Bob,

The Apocrypha does not refer to the writings of the Council of Nicea but to the deutercanonical ('second canon') of books written between the time of the Prophet Malachi and the Gospels.  This 'second canon' - which included Sirach, The Wisdom of Solomon, Tobit, the books of the Maccabees, and so forth - was a standard part of the LXX or Septuagint (means 'seventy') version of the Scriptures, a Greek translation of the Hebrew original done by seventy-two (get it?) Jewish translators in Alexandria, Egypt around the time of Alexander the Great, and was used by all Christians until the time of the Reformation in the 17th century.  Those who wrote around the time of the Council of Nicea are the Church Fathers, but they are not Apocryphal writers because they read the Apocryphal authors of the Old Testament.

IC XC

David

I thought Apocrypha just meant "lies". In any case, if the Apocrypha aren't in the KJV1611, and they aren't written by Sarah Palin, or her ilk, they're probably written or inspired by Satan.

drichards85
Theist
drichards85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not "Lies"

The word "apocrypha" has a variety of uses, none of which means "lies."  Its most common uses are in reference to the deuterocanonical books of the Old Testament, or to those writings whose authority or authenticity are questionable.  Its original translation would be "that which has been hidden away."  In no case does it refer to the writings of the Church Fathers who lived during the time of the Council of Nicea; as a matter of history it is fact that the Church Fathers wrote the books under their names, so their books are not "inauthentic."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apocrypha

In particular, definition 2a is the standard use of the word "apocrypha," and in any case, it does not nor did it ever mean "lies."

IC XC

David

Edit: I did not know God inspired a specific translation of the Scriptures (that would not happen to be in the Scriptures, would it?), and I wonder why, if He did, He waited as late as 1611 to do so and left all the Christians before then in the dark?  Also, the suggestion that Sarah Palin "or her ilk" are or could be divinely inspired strikes me as a dubious claim at best.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
This thread is long enough

This thread is long enough already, so let's just cut to the chase : David, is Billybob a christian ? Billybob, is David a christian ?

Simple question. Hopefully, a simple answer.

(I'm hoping that when you guys say "yes", it actually means "yes". You don't want to know how long it took to get a "yes" out of "Fonzie", and you really don't want to know what he thinks "yes" means...*sigh*)

drichards85
Theist
drichards85's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's the Point?

Anonymouse,

I have not interacted with Billy Bob much, so I could not say for sure.  From what I can tell he holds to many views with which I would disagree, but there is disagreement among all groups of people under a single banner, even agnostics or atheists.  Since I hold there to be a distinction between "being Christian" and "being saved," not to be the former does not force us to the conclusion that one is not the latter.  What I mean is, if I had to measure what Billy Bob says against the historic definition and practice of Christians, I would say that it is unrecognizable as Christian in that sense.  But if I had to say what will happen to him after he dies, I could not possibly know that because such information has been given.  Cheers.

IC XC

David

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
drichards85

drichards85 wrote:

Anonymouse,

I have not interacted with Billy Bob much, so I could not say for sure.  From what I can tell he holds to many views with which I would disagree, but there is disagreement among all groups of people under a single banner, even agnostics or atheists.  Since I hold there to be a distinction between "being Christian" and "being saved," not to be the former does not force us to the conclusion that one is not the latter.  What I mean is, if I had to measure what Billy Bob says against the historic definition and practice of Christians, I would say that it is unrecognizable as Christian in that sense.  But if I had to say what will happen to him after he dies, I could not possibly know that because such information has been given.  Cheers.

IC XC

David

So are you saying there's no way to know, or do I need to take a course in theology before I can even guess ?

See, that's part of my problem here. If you guys can't even figure it out, then how am I supposed to tell ?

drichards85
Theist
drichards85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why Do I Have to Know?

There is no way for me to know his spiritual status, just as there is no way for me to know your spiritual status.  Those particulars are unrevealed by God Himself and uncomprehended by the limits of the human mind.

I am not sure what that goes to prove, if anything.

IC XC

David

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
drichards85 wrote:There is

drichards85 wrote:

There is no way for me to know his spiritual status, just as there is no way for me to know your spiritual status.  Those particulars are unrevealed by God Himself and uncomprehended by the limits of the human mind.

IC XC

David

I'm not sure what you mean by "prove". I only asked you a question.

I didn't ask about his spiritual status. Would you need to know that to know if he's a christian ? So since you say there's no way to know his or anyone's spiritual state, there's no way to ever really know if anyone's a christian ?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
drichards85 wrote:There is

drichards85 wrote:

IC XC

David

Let's make it simpler - According to your understanding of Scripture, is BB a Christian?

If not, why?

— George Carlin

drichards85
Theist
drichards85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not a simple matter

It would depend on which beliefs he held, and I do not have full access to those unless he wishes to give them.  Also, "spiritual status" and "Christian" are not synonymous.  One can be a Christian yet a indecent person just as one can be not a Christian and a decent person.  If one confesses belief in Christ and in the doctrines of Christ, one is, from the technical point-of-view, a Christian.  But this does not guarantee that said person will always and perfectly adhere to the practical outcome of those doctrines.  So I take "spiritual status" to be a distinct from the religion one accepts.  Correct belief and correct practice go hand-in-hand.

How is this relevant again?

IC XC

David

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
drichards85 wrote:How is

drichards85 wrote:

IC XC

David

If it's impossible to tell if someone's a christian or not, well, that makes the whole "I'm a christian" claim a bit irrelevant.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
drichards85 wrote:It would

drichards85 wrote:

It would depend on which beliefs he held, and I do not have full access to those unless he wishes to give them.  Also, "spiritual status" and "Christian" are not synonymous.  One can be a Christian yet a indecent person just as one can be not a Christian and a decent person.  If one confesses belief in Christ and in the doctrines of Christ, one is, from the technical point-of-view, a Christian.  But this does not guarantee that said person will always and perfectly adhere to the practical outcome of those doctrines.  So I take "spiritual status" to be a distinct from the religion one accepts.  Correct belief and correct practice go hand-in-hand.

IC XC

David

If one's Christianity/spiritual status is solelydependant on one's interpretation then you have no claim on any "absolutes" (that Christians are often accusing atheists of lacking).

— George Carlin

drichards85
Theist
drichards85's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

If one's Christianity/spiritual status is solelydependant on one's interpretation then you have no claim on any "absolutes" (that Christians are often accusing atheists of lacking).

How does this follow?  And I never said it is "solely dependant on one's interpretation," but that the two things are at the very least logically distinct.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
The New Covenant

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

ex-minister wrote:
Mark 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

ex-minister wrote:

ex-minister wrote:
Nothing in the New Testament refudiates this fact.

ex-minister wrote:
8. Celebrating the Feast of Unleavened Bread
Jesus did not care whether or not His disciples kept the feast. Matthew 16:7-8 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

ex-minister wrote:
9. The ten commandments
Nothing in the New Testament refudiates them.

ex-minister wrote:
Nope.

I agree with most of your answers except the following.

I expected you to also use Mark 7:18 to refudiate number 4 in addition to number 3. If I eat goat meat cooked in it's mother's milk it still is something consumed so it would not defile. Why do you make the difference?

Number 7. Saved by obeying the law. That is an Old Testament concept. And a few survived death like Elijah and Enoch. Job might be another example of being able to save himself by his own innocence. But what a price he paid for his innocence. Where they able to save themselves by obeying the law and not need Christ. Appears so. But by the NT with Paul writing we all are condemned. The bar kept being raised. Not committing adultery was insufficient. If you entertained sleeping with a hot babe then you committed adultery. So, it moved to mind control. I am sure the hot babe would prefer you to keep in your brain, but Jesus suggests that we might have well just done it. Paul saw a split in the Christian nature. The law was good and there to condemn humans and the only way to be saved was to believe in Jesus. I think in a later post you corrected yourself on this one. Is that right? 

Romans 7:14-25

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Number 8. Matthew 16 has nothing to do with Feast of Unleavened Bread. Please try again.

Got a new one.  Is this old covenant or does it continue?

10. The first offspring of every animal belongs to God and its neck should be broken as an offering to Him.

Religion Kills !!!

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Although I can't tell for

Although I can't tell for sure yet, all of Dave's talk about the Apocrypha and the Deuterocanonical whatever has me wondering if he's not a Mary worshipping ring kisser or maybe even a Jew.

In any case, the Bible is all about determining one's spiritual status and improving it. I don't see how David can deny that. If David has trouble determining who is a True Christian and who is not, it can only be because he lacks knowledge of what a True Christian is and what makes one a True Christian. How could it be that David has made himself into a True Christian, if he doesn't even know what makes someone a True Christian. 

A True Christian is someone who is Saved by Jesus, plain and simple. But there is much more that can be said about Christians. For one, Christians do not sin. I know this because the Bible teaches this doctrine. 

1st John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known him.

Only unsaved trash sin. So one way of identifying a Christian is that they never sin.

I never sin. I haven't sinned since I was a teenager and used to masturbate.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
drichards85 wrote:jcgadfly

drichards85 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

How does this follow?  And I never said it is "solely dependant on one's interpretation," but that the two things are at the very least logically distinct.

No, but you have said it depends on his beliefs and that you may not agree with him but those disagreements don't matter (people can disagree about the Bible and still be Christians).

Sounds like a relativistic religion to me.

— George Carlin

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:ex-minister,It

Fonzie wrote:

ex-minister,

It looks like jcgadfly gave up making a fly and instead created a character with (abado, abado) too much camp for me.  Did your caddy tell you you're supposed to take the sock off?  

Got Religion? No, Had Religion.  It is stuck in my head and hard to shake out. 

But Fonzie, this was slightly better than what I normally read from you. Everything is done away including the 10 commandments, by faith only. But then you do say a lot of mumbo jumbo that I fully expected. Glad you did not write up some lame parable. 

Religion Kills !!!

drichards85
Theist
drichards85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Um, What?

How does it follow from the fact that we might disagree that therefore our beliefs are both wrong, or that Christian belief is false?  I never said disagreements did not matter but that those would not give me insight into his personal spiritual status.  Now atheists have a problem with the answer "I don't know"?  Suppose it is relativism (which it is not); do you have a problem with that?  I simply do not see, as a matter of pure logic, how this amounts to argument against my faith.  Could you state your premises, and how you arrived this conclusion, please?

IC XC

David

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
drichards85 wrote:How

drichards85 wrote:

How does it follow from the fact that we might disagree that therefore our beliefs are both wrong, or that Christian belief is false?  I never said disagreements did not matter but that those would not give me insight into his personal spiritual status.  Now atheists have a problem with the answer "I don't know"?  Suppose it is relativism (which it is not); do you have a problem with that?  I simply do not see, as a matter of pure logic, how this amounts to argument against my faith.  Could you state your premises, and how you arrived this conclusion, please?

IC XC

David

You said that determining one's Christianity is based on interpretation. Your interpretation differs from his - both of you can't be right (but yes both of you can be wrong).

I have no problem with relativism - you're the one who claims to have an absolute God. If how well you follow this absolute God (and his book of absolute rules) depends on an individual interpretation of those rules, doesn't it become cafeteria Christianity?

— George Carlin

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins wrote: I

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

I thought Apocrypha just meant "lies". In any case, if the Apocrypha aren't in the KJV1611, and they aren't written by Sarah Palin, or her ilk, they're probably written or inspired by Satan.

I cannot believe you give divine credence/inspiration to Sarah Palin. She is a pentacostal in the Assembly of God ilk which you have stated elsewhere are deceivers. They believe in speaking in tongues. She was anointed  by an African witch hunter.

Video from her church - speaking in tongues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZD1_fVBuLQ

Religion Kills !!!