It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

So what do these text mean?

Matthew 7:1

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:37

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged.

First of all, I can see what you are doing, atheist. You are trying to make it appear as though God is contradicting Himself. Well, I happen to know that, since God is perfect, He never, ever contradicts Himself, even if it may appear that way to non-believers. I aim to demonstrate in the explanations below that none of these verses that seem to forbid judging others actually contradict the verses I selected which command us to judge others.

The two verses you have mentioned above (from Matthew and Luke) do not say "don't judge". They say if you judge, then you will also be judged. The implication is, since we are also called upon by God to judge, that He also expects us to be judged, even though it is sometimes embarassing.

ex-minister wrote:
Romans 2:1

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

In this verse He is not condeming all judgments, but those which are made in hypocrisy. The specific cases which God is addressing are those of hypocrites, "for thou doest the same things." God hates hypocrites. That's why I never commit hypocrisy. And you shouldn't either.

ex-minister wrote:
Romans 14:10

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Here, God is not making a command. He is just asking a question. I know you will probably say, "isn't he asking a rhetorical question?" But I say the Bible must be taken literally. God does not use code or try to confuse simple people, like you atheists do with your "reason".

ex-minister wrote:
James 4:12

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Again, God is saying "who are you, kind sir, who judges another?" He is simply being conversational, to engage His readers.

I know that you believe that there are no contradictions in the KJV1611, so I had to see how you reconciled these text like you did with that no one in Christ ever sins. I agree with you on that now. Taking the Bible literally you have to conclude that.

In this case the Bible seems to say judgment is a dangerous thing and God will judge you in the same manner you judge others. So if you go around quickly condemning people He will have no choice but to do the same to you. If you call a man a fool then you will be called a fool and be in danger of hell-fire.  If you say this one is condemned and that one is condemned you risk the same. But going the other direction and looking at what Jesus said, Judge not, that ye be judged, sounds like if don't go around judging you will not be judged. Would it not be better to tread lightly there and not set yourself above others and let God do the judging for you?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Billy Bob

ex-minister wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

So what do these text mean?

Matthew 7:1

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:37

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged.

First of all, I can see what you are doing, atheist. You are trying to make it appear as though God is contradicting Himself. Well, I happen to know that, since God is perfect, He never, ever contradicts Himself, even if it may appear that way to non-believers. I aim to demonstrate in the explanations below that none of these verses that seem to forbid judging others actually contradict the verses I selected which command us to judge others.

The two verses you have mentioned above (from Matthew and Luke) do not say "don't judge". They say if you judge, then you will also be judged. The implication is, since we are also called upon by God to judge, that He also expects us to be judged, even though it is sometimes embarassing.

ex-minister wrote:
Romans 2:1

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

In this verse He is not condeming all judgments, but those which are made in hypocrisy. The specific cases which God is addressing are those of hypocrites, "for thou doest the same things." God hates hypocrites. That's why I never commit hypocrisy. And you shouldn't either.

ex-minister wrote:
Romans 14:10

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Here, God is not making a command. He is just asking a question. I know you will probably say, "isn't he asking a rhetorical question?" But I say the Bible must be taken literally. God does not use code or try to confuse simple people, like you atheists do with your "reason".

ex-minister wrote:
James 4:12

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Again, God is saying "who are you, kind sir, who judges another?" He is simply being conversational, to engage His readers.

I know that you believe that there are no contradictions in the KJV1611, so I had to see how you reconciled these text like you did with that no one in Christ ever sins. I agree with you on that now. Taking the Bible literally you have to conclude that.

In this case the Bible seems to say judgment is a dangerous thing and God will judge you in the same manner you judge others. So if you go around quickly condemning people He will have no choice but to do the same to you. If you call a man a fool then you will be called a fool and be in danger of hell-fire.  If you say this one is condemned and that one is condemned you risk the same. But going the other direction and looking at what Jesus said, Judge not, that ye be judged, sounds like if don't go around judging you will not be judged. Would it not be better to tread lightly there and not set yourself above others and let God do the judging for you?

Matthew 5:22 (King James Version)

22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

God is very specific here. I have never felt the need to say "Raca" or "thou fool" to anybody. He says nothing about saying "idiot," "imbecile," "stupid idiot," or "retard", now does He? You can say any of these things to anybody for any or no reason, as long as you are not angry.

The reason I know that these verses cannot mean "don't judge" is because, as I have already pointed out, of all these other times the Bible commands us to judge, which I will list here again.

Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

Proverbs 31:9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

God would not tell us to judge others in righteousness, and then say, "don't judge at all!" Then it would be impossible to follow the Bible. That would be a cruel joke, wouldn't it?

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
YOU ARE PROOF AND WILL BE PROOF - JCGADFLY

jcgadfly wrote:

Why should I defend a position I don't hold? You claim that there is an absolute moral standard giver called God. I clam that the morals we have come from what is beneficial to the society as a whole i.e. Harming others is a detriment to society so society punishes those who do it. Why do you claim a need for normative grounds when your Bible doesn't have them? I do not mean to ridicule your beliefs but when you sign Jesus to something and then act like you've never read the book that is supposedly his word, I have cause to wonder.

I do not assert that God does not exist. I assert that you can't prove that he does - thus I don't believe. You claim your belief constitutes provable knowledge - let's have it.

JcGadfly,

It's interesting that the position you oppose and the position you defend is the very thing (faith) that pleases God.  Abram "believed God and He counted it as righteousness".  Noah "walked with God".  Enoch "walked with God".  So you - JcGadfly - DON'T believe in God, ridicule that position of faith in God, and demand proof.  But you are proof.

The creation doesn't provide any proof of God's power and glory to you.  The gospel message doesn't move you - it seems foolish to you.  You have read enough of the Bible you have found things (with your unbelief) that you think are worthy of ridicule, so you carry on with some of that.  You are unconcerned about the fact of death and the possibility of judgment if you are wrong in your state of stupor.  And I think you view it as a "hand up" you are giving to those who believe in the LORD and say they KNOW HIM to invite them into your fellowship of unbelief and ridicule of the LORD, Scripture (His Written Word) and the Atoning Death of Jesus and the Resurrection and Seal of the Holy Spirit (the gospel, the grace of God). 

I think you could honestly say there is hatred in you for Christians and therefore hatred for Christ the Son and God the Father they believe in.  But this only fulfills the Scripture, "I will put enmity between your (serpent) seed and the seed (Christ and later those in Christ) of the woman."  You, in your fueled hatred for Christ and His people and your disdain for His Salvation which you deem foolishness are actually a confirmation to believers of the truth of Scripture.  Plus you proclaim to all the world your own state of, well, let's just call it: "vanity of vanities". 

What interests me about this is that you and yours just have this demolition as a common delight and are going at it as if it is an end in itself.  You have no plan except assorted bits and pieces, "I believe in" - "integrity and honesty", "It's such a relief to be": "freed from chains of ignorance", "I'm",  "making decisions on empirical evidence", and "We will", "die with nothing beyond".  So, JcGadfly, you really have nothing to offer beyond your fellowship in trying to throw off what you consider to be the "chains of the Almighty", and the frenzy of it like hyenas on a carcass - they think!   

And, I'll grant you; your trying to tear down the kingdom of God could keep you all occupied your whole life and the lives of all who come after you who share that goal.  You won't get it done.  We have a promise that the "gates of Hell will not prevail against" the LORD's church.  I believe this Scripture.  You don't.  You and yours are destined to fail in your war against Christ and His church.  I believe that.  I know that.  I have no doubts, because God said it.  I believe it without proof.  It's called faith.  But you will prove it's true, JcGadfly - or be changed yourself (could happen).   YOU JCGADLY ARE PART OF THE PROOF OF THE INDESTRUCTIBLE CHRIST AND HIS KINGDOM!!   You have been made for a purpose and you are serving a purpose of one thing or another. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Why should I defend a position I don't hold? You claim that there is an absolute moral standard giver called God. I clam that the morals we have come from what is beneficial to the society as a whole i.e. Harming others is a detriment to society so society punishes those who do it. Why do you claim a need for normative grounds when your Bible doesn't have them? I do not mean to ridicule your beliefs but when you sign Jesus to something and then act like you've never read the book that is supposedly his word, I have cause to wonder.

I do not assert that God does not exist. I assert that you can't prove that he does - thus I don't believe. You claim your belief constitutes provable knowledge - let's have it.

JcGadfly,

It's interesting that the position you oppose and the position you defend is the very thing (faith) that pleases God.  Abram "believed God and He counted it as righteousness".  Noah "walked with God".  Enoch "walked with God".  So you - JcGadfly - DON'T believe in God, ridicule that position of faith in God, and demand proof.  But you are proof.

The creation doesn't provide any proof of God's power and glory to you.  The gospel message doesn't move you - it seems foolish to you.  You have read enough of the Bible you have found things (with your unbelief) that you think are worthy of ridicule, so you carry on with some of that.  You are unconcerned about the fact of death and the possibility of judgment if you are wrong in your state of stupor.  And I think you view it as a "hand up" you are giving to those who believe in the LORD and say they KNOW HIM to invite them into your fellowship of unbelief and ridicule of the LORD, Scripture (His Written Word) and the Atoning Death of Jesus and the Resurrection and Seal of the Holy Spirit (the gospel, the grace of God). 

I think you could honestly say there is hatred in you for Christians and therefore hatred for Christ the Son and God the Father they believe in.  But this only fulfills the Scripture, "I will put enmity between your (serpent) seed and the seed (Christ and later those in Christ) of the woman."  You, in your fueled hatred for Christ and His people and your disdain for His Salvation which you deem foolishness are actually a confirmation to believers of the truth of Scripture.  Plus you proclaim to all the world your own state of, well, let's just call it: "vanity of vanities". 

What interests me about this is that you and yours just have this demolition as a common delight and are going at it as if it is an end in itself.  You have no plan except assorted bits and pieces, "I believe in" - "integrity and honesty", "It's such a relief to be": "freed from chains of ignorance", "I'm",  "making decisions on empirical evidence", and "We will", "die with nothing beyond".  So, JcGadfly, you really have nothing to offer beyond your fellowship in trying to throw off what you consider to be the "chains of the Almighty", and the frenzy of it like hyenas on a carcass - they think!   

And, I'll grant you; your trying to tear down the kingdom of God could keep you all occupied your whole life and the lives of all who come after you who share that goal.  You won't get it done.  We have a promise that the "gates of Hell will not prevail against" the LORD's church.  I believe this Scripture.  You don't.  You and yours are destined to fail in your war against Christ and His church.  I believe that.  I know that.  I have no doubts, because God said it.  I believe it without proof.  It's called faith.  But you will prove it's true, JcGadfly - or be changed yourself (could happen).   YOU JCGADLY ARE PART OF THE PROOF OF THE INDESTRUCTIBLE CHRIST AND HIS KINGDOM!!   You have been made for a purpose and you are serving a purpose of one thing or another. 

Do I hate Christians? No.

Do I hate what they do while trumpeting their faith? That's more likely.

Should I not hate the actions of a pedophile priest who is "helping" an altar boy get to heaven by making the child ride his penis?

Should I not have hated Ted Haggard's bashing of homosexuals while he was smoking meth with a gay prostitute?

Should I not hate your lying about not attacking people's characters?

Should I not hate the way you ignore questions? How about the way you lie about not getting answers to your questions - should I hate that?

Should I not hate the way you damage your health by popping lithium like Mentos without getting blood tests?

Fonzie, the plan you advocate (believing exactly as you do or face eternal damnation from the God who thinks in lockstep with you) is deserving of destruction.

What you have has nothing to do with Jesus and everything to do with Paul (and you still have to lie about that). I'm not interested in worshiping Paul - why can't you admit you are?.

I'd say "Thanks for playing" but you don't understand the rules even though you made them up.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
FONZIE! ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Stop pretending to be a complete retard and direct your attention to the following question posed by ex-minister. Since you claim I am not a True Christian and you are, explain to us what a True Christian is supposed to believe, hm?

ex-minister wrote:

Billy Bob's Answers summarized (how refreshing)

1. Need for an earthly temple with priest and high priests.  REPLACED

2. Need for killing an animal for the forgiveness of sins or being grateful. REPLACED 

3. Not eating unclean meat REPLACED

4. Not cooking a young goat in its mother's milk. NOT REPLACED.

5. Stoning people for sins such as rebellion, being gay or being an adulterer/adulteress. NOT REPLACED.

6. Not having sex with your wife when she is on her period. NOT REPLACED

7. Saved by obeying the law. REPLACED

8. Celebrating the Feast of Unleavened Bread. REPLACED.

9. The ten commandments. NOT REPLACED

10. The first offspring of every animal belongs to God and its neck should be broken as an offering to Him.  REPLACED.

Fonzie answers summarized  

1. Need for an earthly temple with priest and high priests. 

2. Need for killing an animal for the forgiveness of sins or being grateful. 

3. Not eating unclean meat 

4. Not cooking a young goat in its mother's milk

5. Stoning people for sins such as rebellion, being gay or being an adulterer/adulteress.

6. Not having sex with your wife when she is on her period.

7. Saved by obeying the law 

8. Celebrating the Feast of Unleavened Bread 

9. The ten commandments

10. The first offspring of every animal belongs to God and its neck should be broken as an offering to Him. 

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
BELIEVE IN CHRIST

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Stop pretending to be a complete retard and direct your attention to the following question posed by ex-minister. Since you claim I am not a True Christian and you are, explain to us what a True Christian is supposed to believe, hm?

ex-minister wrote:

2. Need for killing an animal for the forgiveness of sins or being grateful. REPLACED 

5. Stoning people for sins such as rebellion, being gay or being an adulterer/adulteress. NOT REPLACED.

10. The first offspring of every animal belongs to God and its neck should be broken as an offering to Him.  REPLACED.

5. Stoning people for sins such as rebellion, being gay or being an adulterer/adulteress.

9. The ten commandments

10. The first offspring of every animal belongs to God and its neck should be broken as an offering to Him. 

Abram was justified by his faith - before he had done any works.  While it's true that a living faith produces works, it isn't a combination of works and faith that justify us.  Faith enables us to "grab hold" of the work of Christ and His Atoning Death, overcoming death in His Resurrection and Indestructible Life.  Faith would have us look outside ourselves to God the Father in Christ.

We are justified - like Abram - through faith in Jesus Christ.  This does not set aside obedience to the Word of God.  This faith is not in itself what justifies us; that would be faith "in faith" or another form of "faith in ourselves". 

The spotlight is on Jesus Christ throughout the whole Bible and we are told several different times and ways Christ is to be our focus.  I'm a poor sinner and nothing at all but Christ is my All in All. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Billy Bob

Fonzie wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

9. The ten commandments

Abram was justified by his faith - before he had done any works.  While it's true that a living faith produces works, it isn't a combination of works and faith that justify us.  Faith enables us to "grab hold" of the work of Christ and His Atoning Death, overcoming death in His Resurrection and Indestructible Life.  Faith would have us look outside ourselves to God the Father in Christ.

We are justified - like Abram - through faith in Jesus Christ.  This does not set aside obedience to the Word of God.  This faith is not in itself what justifies us; that would be faith "in faith" or another form of "faith in ourselves". 

The spotlight is on Jesus Christ throughout the whole Bible and we are told several different times and ways Christ is to be our focus.  I'm a poor sinner and nothing at all but Christ is my All in All. 

Except that the "Jesus Christ" focused on would have offended Jesus the Nazarene. Paul created a mystery cult and made Jesus into a savior god.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
For the 1759th time, I

For the 1759th time, I wonder why "Fonzie" bothers talking to people here, if he has no intention of even noticing their replies.

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:ex-minister

Fonzie wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

7. Saved by obeying the law REPLACED

9. The ten commandments

So you have answered number seven. That leaves nine more to go, Fonzie.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
SUBSTANCE VERSUS VOIDANCE

Anonymouse wrote:

For the 1759th time, I wonder why "Fonzie" bothers talking to people here, if he has no intention of even noticing their replies.

anonymouse,

The thing that is continuing is the demolition coalition with nothing beyond.  I have described the solid ground my faith is standing on - the Atoning Death of Jesus Christ.  The covenant I have with God is made in the midst of the Sacrifice of Christ.  You are like a buzzard or kite that came to disturb the sacrifice of Abram.  You are easily driven away with a puff of faith.  Another example of a bird of prey is that of turning the doctrines of the Bible into a game show of controversy debate.  This would be both disrespectful and unprofitable.  We who are in Christ KNOW Who we have believed.  Faith blesses us with a clearer view of the Sacrifice.  It's not debating controversy that will bless our souls but the Atoning Death of Jesus Christ. 

You might consider that for the 1759th time you have not given anything of substance to live for or by except your hallucinations of having done so. 

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes it's nice that you have

Yes it's nice that you have a fanstasy to play out and we do not.

Take out the god factor and an atheist is JUST LIKE YOU, for the umpteenth time. No different really we eat the same food watch the same tv play the same sports have a lot of the same hopes -god stuff. How much clearer could it be made? If this does not satisfy, then ask more specific questions because this is the general answer.

You pretend that if there was no god you would just have to self suicide because there is nothing to live for, and you are likely of that ilk if I think on it just a moment. I have noted that religion, as much as I dislike it, is necessary, not all humans are strong enough to accept reality quite yet.

The argument here is really why some people can accept reality and others can't. We should delve into that a bit.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:anonymouse,The

Fonzie wrote:

anonymouse,

The thing that is continuing is the demolition coalition with nothing beyond.

Again, you're disagreeing with yourself. I have quoted you thanking posters in your threads for their contributions, and expressing your understanding of their views. Either you were lying then, or you're lying now.

Fonzie wrote:
I have described the solid ground my faith is standing on - the Atoning Death of Jesus Christ.  The covenant I have with God is made in the midst of the Sacrifice of Christ.

I know what you think you described. And that's exactly what prompted me to ask you why you lied to us. It makes no sense for someone who's "standing on solid ground" to be so consistenly and absurdly dishonest.

You have yet to answer that question, so simply repeating something I never even denied makes no sense at all.

Fonzie wrote:
You are like a buzzard or kite that came to disturb the sacrifice of Abram.

Yeah, well, see, that's another thing..: Insulting people really doesn't help you much. It just makes you look scared and aggressive. It also holds no value as an argument, so unless it somehow makes you happy to call people names, I'd advise you to stop doing that.

(In fact, some of your more recent insults to me have been so incredibly vicious, that comparing me to a bird hardly even registers anymore. Try harder)

Fonzie wrote:
You are easily driven away with a puff of faith.

You are once again conveniently forgetting that what I bring you are your own words. I repeat, your own words.

You want to use your faith to ignore what you yourself have said ? Do I really have to explain why that is not going to work ?

Fonzie wrote:
Another example of a bird of prey is that of turning the doctrines of the Bible into a game show of controversy debate.  This would be both disrespectful and unprofitable.  We who are in Christ KNOW Who we have believed.  Faith blesses us with a clearer view of the Sacrifice.  It's not debating controversy that will bless our souls but the Atoning Death of Jesus Christ.

You have already demonstrated that you have no idea whatsoever about what you believe, so that boat has sailed, I'm afraid.

When someone asks you a question about your faith, and you answer "yes", and then you later call it "a question without an answer", then we're no longer wondering about what you believe, but about wether you even understand english or not.

Fonzie wrote:
You might consider that for the 1759th time you have not given anything of substance to live for or by except your hallucinations of having done so. 

I might do that, sure. But then I would have to ignore the fact that in your first thread, when you asked me about my "product", I answered your question in full.

I'm not so good at ignoring things that are on a screen in front of me as you are, so that might be a problem.

So, why did you lie to us ?

Still wondering...

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

7. Saved by obeying the law REPLACED

9. The ten commandments

So you have answered number seven. That leaves nine more to go, Fonzie.

Fonzie, do you laugh at people who make posts addressed to you, or are you really just oblivious?

P.S. How did you go about getting that Theist Badge? I want one.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:P.S.

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

P.S. How did you go about getting that Theist Badge? I want one.

There's a "do you want a badge thread" around here somewhere. Or just ask one of the mods.

Should be interesting to see if they decide to give you one or not.

("Fonzie" used to have Troll badge as well. If that ever happens to you, just register again under another name, like he did, and you'll be rid of it. Nobody will care)

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I think Billy Bob deserves

I think Billy Bob deserves a theist badge, he seems more well versed than most of his christian kin, though for myself the bible is only a "minigame" to play on. Not necessary to make a call on reality.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nope robj101............

robj101 wrote:

I think Billy Bob deserves a theist badge, he seems more well versed than most of his christian kin, though for myself the bible is only a "minigame" to play on. Not necessary to make a call on reality.

Billy Bob deserves a "Landover Baptist"  badge;  he is a specisl kind of person here.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/   

Give   Fonzie "hell"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Billy Bob.

While we are on this post,   after 36+ pages.  can we move Fonzie and the gang over to a newer postal and start over,  far fewer pages to read through. It only seems rational!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: I think

robj101 wrote:

I think Billy Bob deserves a theist badge, he seems more well versed than most of his christian kin,

These wannabe, halfway Christians are not my kin. They are all going to Hell. They might as well be poop chute pounding presbyterian pill popping pedophiles if they are going to be fake Christians. They all go to the same Hell.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
No....no...no...

Fonzie wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

In fact I believe you so much I encourage you to go join you jesus and his daddy in the  happily life ever lasting as soon as possible.  With your glee and adherence why haven't you committed suicide already?

Like I said I'm enjoying life here with the Spirit of the Living Christ within me so there's no need to hurry (or fear) death.

I did not tell you to hurry,  I asked why you did not already do that. Please pay attention.   And the "living christ" is not a spirit it is not even living, Joshua Bar Yeusuph  NEVER existed,  it is and always will be a FIGMENT of your highly over active imagination.   Good luck with your imaginary friends,  I out grew mine over 50 years ago,  when I was 5.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
FIRST FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT/ ETERNAL FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT

Jeffrick wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

In fact I believe you so much I encourage you to go join you jesus and his daddy in the  happily life ever lasting as soon as possible.  With your glee and adherence why haven't you committed suicide already?

Like I said I'm enjoying life here with the Spirit of the Living Christ within me so there's no need to hurry (or fear) death.

I did not tell you to hurry,  I asked why you did not already do that. Please pay attention.   And the "living christ" is not a spirit it is not even living, Joshua Bar Yeusuph  NEVER existed,  it is and always will be a FIGMENT of your highly over active imagination.   Good luck with your imaginary friends,  I out grew mine over 50 years ago,  when I was 5.

Jeffrick (of atheist gold),

As far as what you tell me and what I reply - if the reply was your desired answer it would be what you already have; in fact, you could apply that to what you have in life already.  "Hope that is seen is not hope - for who hopes for what he sees?  But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."  You have the extent already - you don't belong to Christ by your own admission, you don't have the Spirit of God, you are not led by it.  You live according to the flesh, you set your mind on the things of the flesh which is death, hostile to God, don't submit to God and don't please God.  I have this on sound authority which you do not accept, but which will judge you on the last day.  It could happen that you could be changed however by the quickening of the Spirit of God.

To answer your question as to why I do not "already do that" (go ahead and die as you suggest or query); I am in the Spirit now, the Spirit of God lives in me, I belong to Christ - and although my body is dead because of sin my spirit is alive because of Righteousness (not my righteousness, but the Righteousness of God in Christ).  By the Spirit I am putting to death the deeds of the body, I am at war constantly - and can look forward to war until death.  But the war and the sufferings of now aren't worth comparing to the glory that is to be revealed.  Heaven has already started for me - I am enjoying the "first fruits" of the Spirit now.  They are "first fruits" because when I receive the redemption of my body and experience adoption as son before God Himself then I will start enjoying "eternal fruit" of the Spirit.  I hope for what I don't yet see, in faith - you have what you get already, this is it, unless you repent and believe in Jesus.

You may have noticed how the creation has been subjected to decay and futility.  (You just can't stop that rust in its various forms for example)  God has subjected the creation to bondage and to decay - not because the creation wanted said subjection, but as punishment resulting from the first Adam's fall, and our fall in him.  I wait for what I see now through the eyes of faith, the redemption through the atoning work of the second Adam.  The creation will be then set free from its bondage and there will be a glorious liberty the children of God will share.  You may laugh at the ark now but when it starts raining you will want on - but then it will be too late.  The faith that you attack and mock, faith in Christ, is the very thing you need to be justified before God. 

If you came to truly believe in Jesus Christ God would qualify you to be translated from the dominion of darkness to the Kingdom of light - not a republic but a Kingdom with an absolute Monarch in your heart.  This is the world's greatest miracle and you could experience it.  You could be rescued from darkness: gloom, ignorance, sin's stupor, blindness - and translated into God's great Kingdom of Light.  Here's a vexing mystery for you:  some men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil.  How could a man love the spiritual equivalent of solitary confinement in the dark rather than being freed, transferred into the Kingdom of God's Light in Christ? 

Abram believed God and God counted it as righteousness.  Today faith allows us to "grab hold" of the work Christ did for us in His Atoning Death.  So our faith is not in "faith itself" - that would be looking to ourselves, that would be taking some of the glory due God and Christ.  Our faith allows us to look outside ourselves to God in His Sacrifice, the Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world.  This is all foolishness to those being lost.  But this gospel is the power of God to those being saved.  We who have been born into Christ have been united with Him in a death like His.  We will certainly be united with Him in a resurrection like His.  We who have died with Him have been freed from sin, and we who walk in the light in Him are continually washed and maintained.  We walk in new life.  God and Jesus are our Great Reward now and our eventual Dwelling Place. 

This won't get you atheist gold - but you already have that. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
He really likes the word

He really likes the word "mock".

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yesterday faith gave us an

Yesterday faith gave us an explanation and a reason, today faith gives us a blind eye and the right to be stupid.

jonusb2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
A harmony community's life

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Almost appropriate for this

Almost appropriate for this thread

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
A suggestion :

This is just an idea, mind you, but guys...enough already, okay ?

Wether you look at it from "Fonzie"'s point of view or ours, there is no reason to keep this thread going.

Everything has been said and repeated too many times already. I say we let him have the last word and just leave this thread alone. If he wants to participate in an actual discussion in another thread, he can always do so.

There really is nothing more to add, and why would he even want to ? He's confident that anyone reading this thread will be impressed enough with his "faith", to completely ignore anything we've been trying to say, just like he's been doing.

And we're confident (well, hopeful) that people can read.

End of story.

(Like I said, this is just a suggestion. If anyone sane still wants to continue this, I'll be happy to keep contributing, but really, what's there left to say here ?)

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PASS ON YOU BILLY BOB

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

robj101 wrote:

I think Billy Bob deserves a theist badge, he seems more well versed than most of his christian kin,

These wannabe, halfway Christians are not my kin. They are all going to Hell. They might as well be poop chute pounding presbyterian pill popping pedophiles if they are going to be fake Christians. They all go to the same Hell.

Billy Bob - whatever, wherever you are

It's an honor to be one of your rejects.  Totally extinguish yourself in whatever way you can.  Memorize the PASS system for extinguishing:  

P  -  Pull the pin.

A  -  Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire.

S  -  Squeeze the handle.

S  -  Sweep from side to side to cover the entire fire.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Billy Bob

Fonzie wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

robj101 wrote:

It's an honor to be one of your rejects.  Totally extinguish yourself in whatever way you can.  Memorize the PASS system for extinguishing:  

P  -  Pull the pin.

Congrats BB!

You now belong to Fonzie's "People that shattered my arguments so I'll ignore them after insulting/threatening them" group.

As a member of long standing, I welcome you.

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
YOU'RE SAFELY CAPTIVE GADFLY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

robj101 wrote:

P  -  Pull the pin.

Congrats BB!

You now belong to Fonzie's "People that shattered my arguments so I'll ignore them after insulting/threatening them" group.

As a member of long standing, I welcome you.

Pretty funny Jc,

You guys have different roads "mined" and want to railroad down them, then if you can't get your pre-programed desired answer you whine and moan. 

Don't worry, nobody's going to keep you from going to hell - not sure about the hand-basket.  You've got 7 devils guarding you: "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, he passes through waterless places seeking rest, but he finds none.  Then he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.'  And when he comes he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.  Then he goes and brings with him seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first."  So you're making progress.  Plus you have your attitude working for you on that.

Nikodemia
Nikodemia's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sorry to disrupt the flow

Sorry to disrupt the flow of this thread( or not, I didn't check) it's just I have an urgent question that I want anwsered andI can't find it on the search engines (I'm not very dedicated when it comes to google). There is a excerpt from the bible where Ibelieve Jesus says something about to denounce your family/friends if they do not accept him. Now, I could be wrong, but if there is, I'd appreciate the passage because I need it for an arguemnt I'm currently involved in.

"Common sense is not so common"- Voltaire
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."- Mark Twain
"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."-Isaac Asimov

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Nikodemia wrote: Sorry to

Nikodemia wrote:

Sorry to disrupt the flow of this thread( or not, I didn't check) it's just I have an urgent question that I want anwsered andI can't find it on the search engines (I'm not very dedicated when it comes to google). There is a excerpt from the bible where Ibelieve Jesus says something about to denounce your family/friends if they do not accept him. Now, I could be wrong, but if there is, I'd appreciate the passage because I need it for an arguemnt I'm currently involved in.

That's Luke 14:26, isn't it ?  More stuff about denouncing your family in Mark 10: 29-30 and Mark 3: 31-35

(No idea why you're asking that in this thread, though)

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hmm..Okay, let's keep it

Hmm..Okay, let's keep it going for a few more pages then...

Fonzie wrote:
Pretty funny Jc,

Well, you can't really blame him for being amused by your rejection of Billy Bob, who's closer to your way of thinking than you can bring yourself to admit.

Fonzie wrote:
You guys have different roads "mined" and want to railroad down them, then if you can't get your pre-programed desired answer you whine and moan.

He's not getting any answer at all, and he's not the only one. And once again, I have to remind you that insulting people doesn't count as an answer.

Fonzie wrote:
Don't worry, nobody's going to keep you from going to hell - not sure about the hand-basket.  You've got 7 devils guarding you: "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, he passes through waterless places seeking rest, but he finds none.  Then he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.'  And when he comes he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.  Then he goes and brings with him seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first."  So you're making progress.  Plus you have your attitude working for you on that.

Now, what did I just say about insulting people, hmmm ? It's not nice. Neither is lying to people. So if anyone's going to hell....

Nikodemia
Nikodemia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for that. (I know it

Thanks for that.

(I know it doesn't fit, but I was pressed for time so I chose the one with the most recent update. Sorry)

"Common sense is not so common"- Voltaire
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."- Mark Twain
"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."-Isaac Asimov

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
STRIVING MORE IMPORTANT THAN SEEKING

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

It appears your "cookies" automatically reject any input concerning Jesus so I believe you do.  I think also a cult protects its membership list like this, arming them with canned reactions to any ideas that would challenge their perspective.

My friend, your perspective was my perspective for over twenty years of my life.  You perspective presents no challenge to me at all.  My view of Christianity comes from years of immersing myself in that "perspective" as a follower of Christ.

Many of those who are presently atheists were formerly devoted Christians.  Our faith has now departed but we were challenged by your Jesus perspective loooong before you arrived.

ProzacDeathWish,

"Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I (Jesus) tell you will seek to enter and will not be able.  When once the householder has risen up and shut the door, you will begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, 'LORD, open to us.'  He will answer you, 'I do not know where you come from.'  Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.'  But He will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you come from; depart from me, all you workers of iniquity!'  There you will weep and gnash your teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves thrust out.  And men will come from east and west, and from north and south, and sit at table in the kingdom of God.  And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."

To use a sports analogy; there was a false start - so what!?   You can do a re-start and strive harder and run so as to win.  If you ask God He will help and encourage you to re-start. 

At one time we who are in Christ were all spiritually "dead in our sins".  It wasn't a physical death (we were walking around).  It wasn't a mental death (we could think).  It wasn't even a moral death (we sensed some responsibility).  But spiritual things were as foreign to us as calculus to a pig.  We were insensitive to the good news of the gospel and warnings such as the one above.  We put a lot of energy into trying to be freed from the chains of sin - the "dominion of darkness" - on a DIY level which is frustrating or leads to fantasy world (false) because it can't be done DIY.

But all of us who have "received" Christ (received = not purchased because it's a gift) have now experienced being brought from spiritual death to life in Christ.  We have "received" the Gift of God meaning we realize we have the Gift, the Treasure (Christ), and meaning we didn't produce the Gift ourselves.  We have it all in Christ; death (we have been buried with Him in baptism)/ life (our lives are hid with Him)/ resurrection (when He was raised from the dead all His people who are now in Him share in that resurrection)/ comfort (there is nothing more comfortable than resting in Christ Who has paid the price for us). 

There is a "tendency to drift" as you have mentioned as a general problem.  We need to strive constantly to avoid it.  Run, box, wrestle - so as to win.  Christianity is not a sleepy business. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:ProzacDeathWish

Fonzie wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

It appears your "cookies" automatically reject any input concerning Jesus so I believe you do.  I think also a cult protects its membership list like this, arming them with canned reactions to any ideas that would challenge their perspective.

My friend, your perspective was my perspective for over twenty years of my life.  You perspective presents no challenge to me at all.  My view of Christianity comes from years of immersing myself in that "perspective" as a follower of Christ.

Many of those who are presently atheists were formerly devoted Christians.  Our faith has now departed but we were challenged by your Jesus perspective loooong before you arrived.

ProzacDeathWish,.......

......There is a "tendency to drift" as you have mentioned as a general problem.  We need to strive constantly to avoid it.  Run, box, wrestle - so as to win.  Christianity is not a sleepy business. 

First one to find the page where he dug up this post gets a free bible.

I wonder..., has he finally started listening to me, and is he now finally beginning to answer all the posts he ignored up till now ?

Oh boy, this could take a while...

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I googled that quote. It's

I googled that quote.

It's from post # 47 in this thread.

He's answering posts made over 2 years ago.

"Fonzie", you really need to stop. For your own good. Forget the blood test, you need a total check-up.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:To answer your

Fonzie wrote:

To answer your question as to why I do not "already do that" (go ahead and die as you suggest or query); I am in the Spirit now, the Spirit of God lives in me, I belong to Christ - and although my body is dead because of sin my spirit is alive because of Righteousness (not my righteousness, but the Righteousness of God in Christ).  By the Spirit I am putting to death the deeds of the body, I am at war constantly - and can look forward to war until death.  But the war and the sufferings of now aren't worth comparing to the glory that is to be revealed.  Heaven has already started for me - I am enjoying the "first fruits" of the Spirit now.  They are "first fruits" because when I receive the redemption of my body and experience adoption as son before God Himself then I will start enjoying "eternal fruit" of the Spirit.  I hope for what I don't yet see, in faith - you have what you get already, this is it, unless you repent and believe in Jesus.

So, let me get this straight, you are at war and suffering constantly but in your original post profess to be happy. And you are happy because when you die things MIGHT be great? Sounds like a compulsive gambler who is happy losing all his money because he believes the next big bet is going to make him rich.

Fonzie wrote:

You may have noticed how the creation has been subjected to decay and futility.  (You just can't stop that rust in its various forms for example)  God has subjected the creation to bondage and to decay - not because the creation wanted said subjection, but as punishment resulting from the first Adam's fall, and our fall in him. 

Decay is merely a process of life. And why would you want to spend eternity with someone who punishes an entire planet because one person made him mad? What is so great and "righteous" about a being that holds a grudge not only against one person, but everyone else related to that person for thousands of years? Even if your god was real, I certainly wouldn't be thrilled to go live with him for eternity.

I do like your name though. 

"Peter: May the Fonz be with you

Congregation: And also with you

Peter: Let us Ay

Congregation: Aaaaaaaay!!! " -Family Guy 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO COUNTERFEIT PESOS?

latincanuck wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:

What could  be better than religion? Reality.

My understanding of reality is from the Scriptures.  The things that we see will be destroyed.  The unseen spiritual world will remain - along with our souls.  If this is true, the thing that lasts the longest is the real reality - right?

Here is the major problem, there is zero evidence of a unseen spiritual world, there is no evidence of life after death, and there is zero evidence of another reality other than this one that we experience. Scriptures is just another work of fiction, it has it's deities, it has it's hero's, villans, those suffering, vengences and various other literature works that is found throughout the mythology of every civilization. The difference is that you believe this to be true, yet most likely don't believe in the mythology of other cultures, for example, Japanese mythology, or Norse, Egyptian, Greek etc, etc, etc. So you are going on ZERO evidence that any of this is true, living a life of a lie, and would like others to follow your step? (this is part of being a christian spreading the word and saving poor souls.)  Going on the possiblity that it is true, why deny the possiblity of every other religion being false, after all they all have the exact same amount of possiblity of being true, since they all have the same requirement in the end, faith that their religious beliefs are true.

Latincanuk,

True there are counterfeits of valuable things.  I doubt if there are any counterfeit pesos. 

It is also true that there is a great gulf between you and your understanding of what is going on with those who are in Christ, "born anew", justified by faith in Jesus and His Atoning Sacrifice, having the gift of the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.  You have the impression that this is unreal, a lie, no evidence, etc.  This is because you are on the other side of the gulf.  You don't know this, you have this impression, you assume it in your unbelief.  From my side I have every evidence Christ is real - I KNOW Who I have believed.  You don't know what you are saying.  Faith in Christ would qualify you to be translated from the dominion of darkness into the Kingdom of Light.  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:latincanuck

Fonzie wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:

What could  be better than religion? Reality.

My understanding of reality is from the Scriptures.  The things that we see will be destroyed.  The unseen spiritual world will remain - along with our souls.  If this is true, the thing that lasts the longest is the real reality - right?

Here is the major problem, there is zero evidence of a unseen spiritual world, there is no evidence of life after death, and there is zero evidence of another reality other than this one that we experience. Scriptures is just another work of fiction, it has it's deities, it has it's hero's, villans, those suffering, vengences and various other literature works that is found throughout the mythology of every civilization. The difference is that you believe this to be true, yet most likely don't believe in the mythology of other cultures, for example, Japanese mythology, or Norse, Egyptian, Greek etc, etc, etc. So you are going on ZERO evidence that any of this is true, living a life of a lie, and would like others to follow your step? (this is part of being a christian spreading the word and saving poor souls.)  Going on the possiblity that it is true, why deny the possiblity of every other religion being false, after all they all have the exact same amount of possiblity of being true, since they all have the same requirement in the end, faith that their religious beliefs are true.

Latincanuk,

True there are counterfeits of valuable things.  I doubt if there are any counterfeit pesos. 

It is also true that there is a great gulf between you and your understanding of what is going on with those who are in Christ, "born anew", justified by faith in Jesus and His Atoning Sacrifice, having the gift of the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.  You have the impression that this is unreal, a lie, no evidence, etc.  This is because you are on the other side of the gulf.  You don't know this, you have this impression, you assume it in your unbelief.  From my side I have every evidence Christ is real - I KNOW Who I have believed.  You don't know what you are saying.  Faith in Christ would qualify you to be translated from the dominion of darkness into the Kingdom of Light.  

Once again he forgets how many of us were "in Christ" before and believed all this stuff. Then we grew up.

— George Carlin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Uhm...hello ?

Is it just me, or is this getting completely insane now ?

Guys, he's replying to posts made over two years ago ! Not only that, he replied to this the first time it was posted. (Latincanuck posted this in #56, "Fonzie" already replied in #64)

Now I know he's more at ease when people aren't around anymore to react to his nonsense, but this is ridiculous. Do we really have to relive this thread from the start ?

WHY ? In the last three or so pages he ignored over 55 posts, and now he's replying to stuff he already replied to, from people who aren't even following this thread anymore ????

Okay, this has finally gotten too ridiculous for me to deal with.

Can we have a mod in here to close this thread , please ?

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie,

It pains me to see that your ovarian dishonesty still prevents you from answering simple 'a' or 'b' questions, now an infinite + 32 times.  The lithium has apparently shrunken your hypothalamus into irreversible cowardice, as you continue to avoid answering:  Which do you value more, the truth (a) or your beliefs (b)?  Each time you ignore discussion, only to regurgitate anew the cud you've been chewing for over 2 years, you reveal the counterfeit nature of belief in christ. 

Elvis cannot help you if you don't want to help yourself.

You demonstrate the lack of purpose that christianity instills in its flock of hermaphroditic sheep.  For if you refuse to answer direct questions, there is no purpose in your making further posts.

Elvis has decreed that those christians too cowardly to respond should crawl into the tomb with their rotting corpse-god, and close the lid.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
b-b-b-a-a-b-b-bbf-dga-b-a-np-do-be-do

zarathustra wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie,

It pains me to see that your ovarian dishonesty still prevents you from answering simple 'a' or 'b' questions, now an infinite + 32 times.  The lithium has apparently shrunken your hypothalamus into irreversible cowardice, as you continue to avoid answering:  Which do you value more, the truth (a) or your beliefs (b)?  Each time you ignore discussion, only to regurgitate anew the cud you've been chewing for over 2 years, you reveal the counterfeit nature of belief in christ. 

Elvis cannot help you if you don't want to help yourself.

You demonstrate the lack of purpose that christianity instills in its flock of hermaphroditic sheep.  For if you refuse to answer direct questions, there is no purpose in your making further posts.

Elvis has decreed that those christians too cowardly to respond should crawl into the tomb with their rotting corpse-god, and close the lid.

Zarathustra,

That's a good direct question and thanks.  I don't have faith (b) in faith (b).  Faith (b) is the thing that allows me to grab hold of Christ (a)  (the Way, Truth (a), and the Life).  Faith (b) in faith (b) itself is like a belly-button focus (bbf) - it doesn't go anywhere (dga).  Faith (b) enables me to look outside myself to the Salvation of God, to Christ (the Truth (a))

Have no pain (np)  Chewing the cud is good if you part the hoof - that makes cud chewing have practical application. 

As for Elvis, I don't put stock in his decrees or chimney corner scripture, but - remember - a living dog is better than a dead lion - you can take that directly to Graceland. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well, he's back in the

Well, he's back in the present. I was worried there for a bit.

So, care to tell us why you suddenly started on the wrong end of your own thread ?

Fonzie wrote:

Zarathustra,

That's a good direct question and thanks.

Indeed it is. I guess we'd better start counting how many times it had to be repeated before you noticed it. Might save some time in future.

Oh, btw, you didn't answer it. (Nobody asked you if you had "faith in faith" )

I guess we'll have to repeat it a couple more times.

Fonzie wrote:
Have no pain (np)  Chewing the cud is good if you part the hoof - that makes cud chewing have practical application. 

As for Elvis, I don't put stock in his decrees or chimney corner scripture, but - remember - a living dog is better than a dead lion - you can take that directly to Graceland. 

Yeah........

I guess "Fonzie" is done talking. It's just non-stop jibber jabber from here.

I'll let other people decide if this is worth continuing.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:That's a good

Fonzie wrote:

Really? When I asked you this question many pages before, you didn't say that it was a "good direct question." In fact, I know exactly what you said because I can go back and look.

Fonzie from many pages ago wrote:
You remind me of the arrogant hypocrites that came to Jesus trying to trap him concerning the woman caught in the act of adultery.  It was an (a) or (b) limited multiple choice question too - just like yours, what a coincidence.

Above is where you framed the question about Christianity; but ok now you want it to be a) truth or b) evidence, a false dilemma.  But I have a overflowing fountain of truth and evidence (s) within me.  I'll never thirst for truth or evidence.  And you aren't excluded from this either - except by your false view of yourself.

See? When I asked you the same question, you called it a "false dilemma," tried to change the question, and compared me to the people in the Bible that questioned Jesus.

Fonzie wrote:
I don't have faith (b) in faith (b).  Faith (b) is the thing that allows me to grab hold of Christ (a)  (the Way, Truth (a), and the Life).  Faith (b) in faith (b) itself is like a belly-button focus (bbf) - it doesn't go anywhere (dga).  Faith (b) enables me to look outside myself to the Salvation of God, to Christ (the Truth (a))

Well, if it's such a good direct question, then why can't you answer it? In fact, you're trying to change it again, asserting that (b) is faith and (a) is Jesus. NO, (b) is beliefs and (a) is truth. Also, I don't see one (a) or (b). I see three (a)s and six (b)s. I assume that doesn't imply that you pick (b).

I bet you can't answer this question either. Can you conceive of a world where Jesus didn't exist? In other words, can you simply grasp the concept of there not being a Jesus? Yes or no?

Or this one. Can truth exist independent of Christianity? Yes or no?

Or this one? Is it possible that your beliefs about God and Jesus are wrong? Yes or no?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
QUESTIONS FROM E SPACE

butterbattle wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Really? When I asked you this question many pages before, you didn't say that it was a "good direct question." In fact, I know exactly what you said because I can go back and look.

You remind me of the arrogant hypocrites that came to Jesus trying to trap him concerning the woman caught in the act of adultery.  It was an (a) or (b) limited multiple choice question too - just like yours, what a coincidence.

Above is where you framed the question about Christianity; but ok now you want it to be a) truth or b) evidence, a false dilemma.  But I have a overflowing fountain of truth and evidence (s) within me.  I'll never thirst for truth or evidence.  And you aren't excluded from this either - except by your false view of yourself.

See? When I asked you the same question, you called it a "false dilemma," tried to change the question, and compared me to the people in the Bible that questioned Jesus.

Fonzie wrote:
I don't have faith (b) in faith (b).  Faith (b) is the thing that allows me to grab hold of Christ (a)  (the Way, Truth (a), and the Life).  Faith (b) in faith (b) itself is like a belly-button focus (bbf) - it doesn't go anywhere (dga).  Faith (b) enables me to look outside myself to the Salvation of God, to Christ (the Truth (a))

Well, if it's such a good direct question, then why can't you answer it? In fact, you're trying to change it again, asserting that (b) is faith and (a) is Jesus. NO, (b) is beliefs and (a) is truth. Also, I don't see one (a) or (b). I see three (a)s and six (b)s. I assume that doesn't imply that you pick (b).

I bet you can't answer this question either. Can you conceive of a world where Jesus didn't exist? In other words, can you simply grasp the concept of there not being a Jesus? Yes or no?

Or this one. Can truth exist independent of Christianity? Yes or no?

Or this one? Is it possible that your beliefs about God and Jesus are wrong? Yes or no?

Butterbattle,

This was direct but the way you ask it was a false dilemma.  It's the way you ask it - I mean the tone of voice you looked with.  Christ (a) is Truth (a).  You don't accept that because you don't believe in Christ (a).  Faith (b) in Christ (a) would change your understanding of my answer (ma). 

Your next false dilemma: can I conceive of a world where Jesus didn't exist?  If I did it would be a false conception. 

The next: Can truth exist independent of Christianity?  And then your two tests of a witch: she sinks: (no) she floats (yes).  Truth cannot exist apart from Christ because Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  You can exist without Christ if you want to, but count me out.

Yet another:  Is it possible that your (meaning my) beliefs about God and Jesus are wrong?  And the required atheist slots: yes or no

You know Butterbattle, it's interesting that you are so intent on nobody telling you what to do but you want to tell me how to answer your questions with one of your answers.  Can you conceive of any other answer except yours to your atheist questions? 

Is it possible that my beliefs are wrong about God an Jesus?  I'm sure that I'm no different than Peter, James and John on that.  I have wrong approaches and concepts about things, but Jesus corrects them with class. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Butterbattle,

This was direct but the way you ask it was a false dilemma.  It's the way you ask it - I mean the tone of voice you looked with.

You had no problem with zarathustra's tone, and he asked exactly the same question, so what are you talking about ?

Fonzie wrote:
Christ (a) is Truth (a).  You don't accept that because you don't believe in Christ (a).  Faith (b) in Christ (a) would change your understanding of my answer (ma).

Actually, I think the reason he might not accept this either is because you changed the question yet again. Try reading what it says for a change : What do you value more, truth or your beliefs ? If you don't distinguish between truth and your beliefs, then just say so.

Fonzie wrote:
Your next false dilemma: can I conceive of a world where Jesus didn't exist?  If I did it would be a false conception.

Actually, you already said you don't have the capacity to conveive of such a world, without being asked, so it would seem you don't consider it a false dilemma at all. You just don't like being made to answer questions.

Fonzie wrote:
The next: Can truth exist independent of Christianity?  And then your two tests of a witch: she sinks: (no) she floats (yes). 

Do try to contain your persecution complex, please.

Fonzie wrote:
Truth cannot exist apart from Christ because Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  You can exist without Christ if you want to, but count me out.

Again : Read the question. Why do you first repeat it verbatim only to change it again in your answer ? Are you even aware that you're doing that ? No ? Then pay close attention now, please : Christ and christianity are two different things. Nobody asked you if truth can exist independent of christ.

Fonzie wrote:
You know Butterbattle, it's interesting that you are so intent on nobody telling you what to do but you want to tell me how to answer your questions with one of your answers.  Can you conceive of any other answer except yours to your atheist questions?

Butterbattle is "intent on nobody telling him what to do" ? I'm sure that'll be news to him. As for "answering your question with one of your answers", it's news to me that he invented the words "yes" and "no". He must be rich.

You seem to have once again conveniently forgotten, why it has become necesarry for us to have you answer yes-or-no questions. Simply put, it's because you can't have your cake and eat it too. Don't know what that means ? Example coming right up :

Fonzie wrote:
Is it possible that my beliefs are wrong about God an Jesus?  I'm sure that I'm no different than Peter, James and John on that.  I have wrong approaches and concepts about things, but Jesus corrects them with class.

So yes, you can be wrong, but no, you can't because jesus corrects you.

You want to have it both ways, and I'm sorry, but you can't. This has nothing to do with "atheist questions" or "atheist answers", it's simply about honesty and common sense.

What we have been assuming here, is that christians are capable of both.

You still seem to disagree.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
CLIMBING THE READING TREE

butterbattle wrote:

butterbattle wrote:
I've found all kinds of atrocities, racism, sexism, rape, slavery, and complete contradictions, but I haven't seen any diamonds. Where are they?

Fonzie wrote:
Rightly seen and in context it is all diamonds and gold to me.  True, the Bible tells it the way it is.

It certainly does. 

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. Exodus 21:20

Say to the Israelites: "A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be cermonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding." Leviticus 12:2-5

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Beloved, let us LOVE one another: for love is of God; and every one who loves is born of God, and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is LOVE. 1 John 4:7-8

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:5-6

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

For all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. Zephaniah 3:8

Anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Leviticus 24:16

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. Exodus 21:20

"Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the Lord in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the Lord's people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. Numbers 31:15-18

butterbattle wrote:
Why do I like so many other books more than the Bible?

Fonzie wrote:
Your books fit the road you're on.

Mark Twain, George Orwell, Ayn Rand, Ernest Hemingway?

Aw, now you're making me depressed. You seem to be an incredibly kind person, and yet, you're throwing insults at me to dispel my question. I can easily imagine how a person might want something to be true so badly that it creates a placebo affect; this almost happened to me.   

From my own experience, I assume you already understand all, or at least most, of the problems associated with your religion. If you're intelligent, the issue is not that you have failed to recognize these logical fallacies, it's just that the wonderful feeling that you receive eventually becomes so powerful that it overwhelms reason. This "faith," this "Holy Ghost," possesses the same affect as alcohol, caffeine or nicotine, you become addicted to it.  

Do you think that a compassionate person can go to heaven without following Jesus?    

butterbattle,

There were laws given by God to Moses written on tablets of stone 50 days after the first Passover with the mountain shaking.  That was the first Pentecost.  You have quoted from some of those laws, and quoted very well. 

The last Pentecost was 50 days after the last Passover, which was when the Lamb of God was slain for the forgiveness of all who believe in Him.  On this Pentecost the Holy Spirit was poured out on the apostles with fire and the sound of a rushing wind.  This time God wrote His Law on the hearts of His people.  He continues to do that to those to whom He gives Life in His Son. 

God has revealed Himself through prophets and many various ways in the past - today He has spoken to us by His Son.  You also quoted accurately from some instructions concerning walking by faith in said Son.   

If you want to pattern your life after the men you mentioned - Hemmingway (how did he die BTW?), Mark Twain, whoever, it's your choice.  I have been entertained by "For Whom the Bell Tolls", "Screwtape Letters" - but I would be bored by those now.  I can see why you're getting depressed if that's your standard fare. 

As far as problems with Christianity - every living thing has problems.  The whole creation is under a curse - not because it wanted to be, but because of the Will of He Who subjected it.  Someday it will be released.  Can you imagine no evil outside you or in you or attacking you or physical evil, pain, sickness.  Also no evil one to attack with his buddies and no flesh to use to tempt us with?  If you can you have a better imagination than me.  That will be great to experience regardless of imagination. 

Do I think that a compassionate person can go to heaven without following Jesus?  You know I am not the gate checker on that.  But I am putting all my trust on the Solid Rock of Jesus' Atoning Death and Resurrection and What He Said and did.  You guys that want to be your own god can decide for yourselves who you think is going up or down.  That's not my thing.

(PS does who's-he-what caddy for you too?) 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:...And he's

Fonzie wrote:

And he's back to the start of the thread. Post #102 this time.

Care to tell everyone why you're doing this ? You already replied to this one too, in #111. So what exactly is the point of this new nonsense ? It wasn't ridiculous enough that you've skipped over 50 posts in the last three pages alone ? (And that's not even counting BillyBob's)

Seriously, wtf ?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:This was direct

Fonzie wrote:
This was direct but the way you ask it was a false dilemma.

I asked the exact same question.

A false dilemma is a logical fallacy where only two possible choices are offered when there are actually more available. What choices do you have other than truth or beliefs?

Fonzie wrote:
I mean the tone of voice you looked with.

There are no voices. We're typing.

Fonzie wrote:
Christ (a) is Truth (a).

No. (a) is only truth. Not Christ. It is merely the concept of truth, whatever is true, regardless of whether that includes your beliefs in Christ or not.

Do you believe that Christ and truth are synonymous? Yes or no? Can you simply conceive of there being such a thing as truth without Christ? Yes or no?

Fonzie wrote:
You don't accept that because you don't believe in Christ (a).

That is partly true. Even if I was a Christian, I still wouldn't accept it, because it is incoherent. It’s a semantic farce.

What is true is what conforms to reality. So, Christ can be true in the sense that your beliefs about him are true. Christ cannot be synonymous with truth because the very statement is nonsensical, a category error; Christ is a being while truth is only a concept. Of course, you could simply insist that you are defining Christ to equal truth, but then, you cannot continue carrying the extra baggage of Christ being the son of God, etc. That simply commits the same category error in a more dishonest fashion and begs the question. Certainly, “simply put, it's because you can't have your cake and eat it too.”

Fonzie wrote:
Faith (b) in Christ (a)

No. (b) is only beliefs. Not faith. It is not even specifically your belief in Christ; it is whatever you believe.

Fonzie wrote:
would change your understanding of my answer (ma).

You have yet to provide a clear answer to the question.

Fonzie wrote:
Your next false dilemma: can I conceive of a world where Jesus didn't exist?

Again, a false dilemma is a logical fallacy where only two possible choices are offered when there are actually more available. Are you implying that you have choices other than yes and no?

Fonzie wrote:
If I did it would be a false conception.

I didn’t ask you whether it would be true or false. I’m asking you whether or not you can simply imagine it. I don’t care if it’s true or what the world would be like; I just want to know if you’re at least capable of imagining it. Can you conceive of a world where Jesus didn’t exist? Yes or no?  

Fonzie wrote:
Truth cannot exist apart from Christ because Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Excellent. I think you actually answered the question here. So, your answer to the question is no, truth cannot exist independent of Jesus Christ. Correct?

Fonzie wrote:
You know Butterbattle, it's interesting that you are so intent on nobody telling you what to do

I don’t believe in God because I do not think I have been provided with enough evidence. It has nothing to do with rebelling against authority.

But, I suppose your statement is true to an extent. I have absolutely no respect for authorities simply because they are an authority. All people must earn my respect, no matter who they are.

Fonzie wrote:
but you want to tell me how to answer your questions with one of your answers.

The questions themselves are ‘yes or no’ questions. It’s part of the English language. But, if you can find a way to answer these questions without saying or implying ‘yes or no,’ I’d like to see it. So far, you have not.

Fonzie wrote:
Can you conceive of any other answer except yours to your atheist questions?

No, I cannot conceive of any answer other than ‘yes or no’ (including all synonyms and implied yeses and nos) that answer these questions. I don't consider them to be 'atheist questions' though.

Fonzie wrote:
Is it possible that my beliefs are wrong about God an Jesus?  I'm sure that I'm no different than Peter, James and John on that.

Okay, I think you’re implying yes. Good.

Try this one then. It’s a bit harder. Is it possible that your belief that Jesus exists is incorrect?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow. You quoted something

Wow. You quoted something from over a year ago, I think.

Ugh, I really don't like my response. It's rambling, too emotional, making too many assumptions and kind of immature. Lol, did I change a lot?

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Wow. You

butterbattle wrote:

Wow. You quoted something from over a year ago, I think.

Ugh, I really don't like my response. It's rambling, too emotional, making too many assumptions and kind of immature. Lol, did I change a lot?

Did he ?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALL of WHAT???

butterbattle wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
This was direct but the way you ask it was a false dilemma.

I asked the exact same question.

A false dilemma is a logical fallacy where only two possible choices are offered when there are actually more available. What choices do you have other than truth or beliefs?

Fonzie wrote:
I mean the tone of voice you looked with.

There are no voices. We're typing.

Fonzie wrote:
Christ (a) is Truth (a).

No. (a) is only truth. Not Christ. It is merely the concept of truth, whatever is true, regardless of whether that includes your beliefs in Christ or not.

Do you believe that Christ and truth are synonymous? Yes or no? Can you simply conceive of there being such a thing as truth without Christ? Yes or no?

Fonzie wrote:
You don't accept that because you don't believe in Christ (a).

That is partly true. Even if I was a Christian, I still wouldn't accept it, because it is incoherent. It’s a semantic farce.

What is true is what conforms to reality. So, Christ can be true in the sense that your beliefs about him are true. Christ cannot be synonymous with truth because the very statement is nonsensical, a category error; Christ is a being while truth is only a concept. Of course, you could simply insist that you are defining Christ to equal truth, but then, you cannot continue carrying the extra baggage of Christ being the son of God, etc. That simply commits the same category error in a more dishonest fashion and begs the question. Certainly, “simply put, it's because you can't have your cake and eat it too.”

Fonzie wrote:
Faith (b) in Christ (a)

No. (b) is only beliefs. Not faith. It is not even specifically your belief in Christ; it is whatever you believe.

Fonzie wrote:
would change your understanding of my answer (ma).

You have yet to provide a clear answer to the question.

Fonzie wrote:
Your next false dilemma: can I conceive of a world where Jesus didn't exist?

Again, a false dilemma is a logical fallacy where only two possible choices are offered when there are actually more available. Are you implying that you have choices other than yes and no?

Fonzie wrote:
If I did it would be a false conception.

I didn’t ask you whether it would be true or false. I’m asking you whether or not you can simply imagine it. I don’t care if it’s true or what the world would be like; I just want to know if you’re at least capable of imagining it. Can you conceive of a world where Jesus didn’t exist? Yes or no?  

Fonzie wrote:
Truth cannot exist apart from Christ because Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Excellent. I think you actually answered the question here. So, your answer to the question is no, truth cannot exist independent of Jesus Christ. Correct?

Fonzie wrote:
You know Butterbattle, it's interesting that you are so intent on nobody telling you what to do

I don’t believe in God because I do not think I have been provided with enough evidence. It has nothing to do with rebelling against authority.

But, I suppose your statement is true to an extent. I have absolutely no respect for authorities simply because they are an authority. All people must earn my respect, no matter who they are.

Fonzie wrote:
but you want to tell me how to answer your questions with one of your answers.

The questions themselves are ‘yes or no’ questions. It’s part of the English language. But, if you can find a way to answer these questions without saying or implying ‘yes or no,’ I’d like to see it. So far, you have not.

Fonzie wrote:
Can you conceive of any other answer except yours to your atheist questions?

No, I cannot conceive of any answer other than ‘yes or no’ (including all synonyms and implied yeses and nos) that answer these questions. I don't consider them to be 'atheist questions' though.

Fonzie wrote:
Is it possible that my beliefs are wrong about God an Jesus?  I'm sure that I'm no different than Peter, James and John on that.

Okay, I think you’re implying yes. Good.

Try this one then. It’s a bit harder. Is it possible that your belief that Jesus exists is incorrect?

butterbattle,

You have "questions" and you have all the answers to these questions, huh?  How logical is that?  What is it that you have confidence in that you are right in your all encompassing answers to your own questions?  Is it yourself?  And do you see yourself that you have changed?  Could it be that your almighty perspective on all this is shaky? 

To me, it is not possible whatsoever that Jesus does not exist.  I have zero doubt on that and hope I would gladly die for it (you don't get much practice on that).  No it is not possible that Jesus is not Everything He Says He IS.  He is LORD, He is Living, He is Truth, All Truth.  He is also Unchanging, unlike you and me.  This Unchanging part is one reason Jesus is referred to as the "Anchor" for your ship, the "Foundation" for your house, the "Rock" of your salvation, the "Refuge" from the storms of life.  He is the Commander of the army I am in and the Head of the body I am a part of.  We have the best Head on our shoulders there is BTW.  You have fallen for a lie about Jesus - to your eternal regret unless you "change" again for the better.  This "change" could come about with God's help.  Your arrogant attitude stands in the way of that I think - not the desires of the merciful God.  A lot worse attitudes than yours have changed I bet.  Speaking of which...

(PS - maybe your caddy will tell you what you should think about this and what club for par?)