It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
"TRUST IN THE TRANSIENT BOB"

BobSpence1 wrote:

No matter how you look at it, things that we have 'in hand', that we can see and touch and test against reality in various ways, are way more certain and worth putting some trust in than things that are merely feelings and ideas, no matter how intensely you feel they 'should be ' believed in. 

Our minds are all but infinitely capable of leading us astray, so it is folly, or perhaps arrogance, to put such faith in your purely internal experiences and feelings. No matter how you twist it, to claim such certainty based on your own personal feelings means you are claiming infallibility in your ability to judge such things - no 'mortal' being can have such ability.

BobSpence1,

Have you seen pictures of the ruins of Ephesus, the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the world, the Parthenon, Petra, the Aqueduct, the Coliseum - all a big deal in their time.  Probably they had more elegant ideas and procedures than you trust in.  That disarray is only a labor pain of the full birth destruction that is to come. This earth will be burned up the sky you've been looking at through your Hubble will be rolled up like a shade on a roll and God will make a new one complete.  My faith sees that I can trust what is said in the Scripture to be right about that as it is on everything.  Wouldn't you want to be checking that out with a scientific eye and with a little (ha) more time to do said checking? 

It is true that our minds are capable of leading us astray.  To trust in such things as you do is a prime example of that. 

You keep wanting to call my faith "feelings" and your faith "reason", yet you know the things you trust in are obviously rusting and rotting.  The things I have faith in will never die but rather grow brighter and brighter until faith becomes sight in full day.  If I am right I'm being reasonable and you're being foolish - right?   If you're right.... no, you're not right.  It's not even remotely possible.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:BobSpence1

Fonzie wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

No matter how you look at it, things that we have 'in hand', that we can see and touch and test against reality in various ways, are way more certain and worth putting some trust in than things that are merely feelings and ideas, no matter how intensely you feel they 'should be ' believed in. 

Our minds are all but infinitely capable of leading us astray, so it is folly, or perhaps arrogance, to put such faith in your purely internal experiences and feelings. No matter how you twist it, to claim such certainty based on your own personal feelings means you are claiming infallibility in your ability to judge such things - no 'mortal' being can have such ability. 

BobSpence1,

Have you seen pictures of the ruins of Ephesus, the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the world, the Parthenon, Petra, the Aqueduct, the Coliseum - all a big deal in their time.  Probably they had more elegant ideas and procedures than you trust in.  That disarray is only a labor pain of the full birth destruction that is to come. This earth will be burned up the sky you've been looking at through your Hubble will be rolled up like a shade on a roll and God will make a new one complete.  My faith sees that I can trust what is said in the Scripture to be right about that as it is on everything.  Wouldn't you want to be checking that out with a scientific eye and with a little (ha) more time to do said checking? 

It is true that our minds are capable of leading us astray.  To trust in such things as you do is a prime example of that. 

You keep wanting to call my faith "feelings" and your faith "reason", yet you know the things you trust in are obviously rusting and rotting.  The things I have faith in will never die but rather grow brighter and brighter until faith becomes sight in full day.  If I am right I'm being reasonable and you're being foolish - right?   If you're right.... no, you're not right.  It's not even remotely possible.

I haven't been to Greece or the region where Petra is located.

But I have entered one of the Pyramids of Gizeh in Egypt. And visited the Valley of the Kings and several of the great Temples along the Nile River.

I have walked along part of the Great Wall of China.

I have visited 1000 year old ruins along the ancient Silk Road in western China.

I am aware that those civilizations have fallen to ruin, along with many of their beliefs, as will your beliefs in turn fade in time.

The Hubble is beyond the sky, utterly beyond the conception of the ignorant writers of the primitive texts you put such trust in.

Followers of your faith have several times predicted the end times, and been wrong each time. Those texts have no credibility left. They have already been shown, over and over, to be based on ignorance.

I know that our current scientific knowledge will continue to refined, some things will be shown to be mistaken.

Your 'knowledge' was already rotten a thousand years ago, and has continued to decay as the more valid and validated approach to knowledge (science) has progressed.

Your pathetic attempts to paint those fairy-tales with some credibility is just making you look ever more sad and pathetic in our eyes.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
And thats when reason walked

And thats when reason walked out, gently closed the door behind it, never to return.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
VANITY OF VANITIES

BobSpence1 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

BobSpence1,

I haven't been to Greece or the region where Petra is located.

But I have entered one of the Pyramids of Gizeh in Egypt. And visited the Valley of the Kings and several of the great Temples along the Nile River.

I have walked along part of the Great Wall of China.

I have visited 1000 year old ruins along the ancient Silk Road in western China.

I am aware that those civilizations have fallen to ruin, along with many of their beliefs, as will your beliefs in turn fade in time.

The Hubble is beyond the sky, utterly beyond the conception of the ignorant writers of the primitive texts you put such trust in.

Followers of your faith have several times predicted the end times, and been wrong each time. Those texts have no credibility left. They have already been shown, over and over, to be based on ignorance.

I know that our current scientific knowledge will continue to refined, some things will be shown to be mistaken.

Your 'knowledge' was already rotten a thousand years ago, and has continued to decay as the more valid and validated approach to knowledge (science) has progressed.

Your pathetic attempts to paint those fairy-tales with some credibility is just making you look ever more sad and pathetic in our eyes.

BobSpence1,

I thought possibly you had traveled extensively - you have seen these things and exercised your mind regularly.  You have eaten their foods and given attention to the exercise of your body.  But you have left out the spirit of man.  What do you think has happened to your spirit? 

We can't measure life by the thread that goes from cradle to the grave - we must measure on to resurrection and eternity.  In order to really live a man must find and continually partake of the Bread of heaven.  Until you find it you are a victim of the wandering of desire.  You have seen and found a lot of things Bob, but you have missed the Fundamental of Fundamentals.  If you had found it you would realize how sad and pathetic your answer for life is, how empty you are to Christ's fullness, how foolish you are to treat the Lamb of God with disdain.  You have searched and yet not honestly evaluated in your heart of hearts to the extent you realize you have not found what you are looking for.  You have settled cheap.  You may have the praise of men and especially yourself but you don't have the approval of God.  That can only be found in Christ, the free Gift of Grace.  You would have to downsize your pride to allow that.  So to that obstacle you will miss life rather than dethrone yourself and your false gods. 

For me to live is Christ, and (only a comma away) to die is gain.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

BobSpence1,

Have you seen pictures of the ruins of Ephesus, the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the world, the Parthenon, Petra, the Aqueduct, the Coliseum - all a big deal in their time.  Probably they had more elegant ideas and procedures than you trust in.  That disarray is only a labor pain of the full birth destruction that is to come.

The knowledge people aquired in those times is still with us today. If you think you can do without it, then I suggest you go live in a cave. I guess you're too comfortable in your hypocrisy to do that, right ?

Fonzie wrote:
This earth will be burned up the sky you've been looking at through your Hubble will be rolled up like a shade on a roll and God will make a new one complete.  My faith sees that I can trust what is said in the Scripture to be right about that as it is on everything.  Wouldn't you want to be checking that out with a scientific eye and with a little (ha) more time to do said checking?

Back to threats again ? That's all you have ? Threats of violence and some pre-emptive gloating ? If that's all you have, then why not just do the polite thing and shut up ?

Fonzie wrote:

Then you are equally lead astray, because you're trusting "such things" right now while you type this.

Fonzie wrote:
You keep wanting to call my faith "feelings" and your faith "reason"

No, he doesn't have to "want" anything. Both simply fit those definitions. The arguments and facts supporting this have been presented to you time and time again for many years now. You happily and smugly managed to ignore this, as if that was enough to magically make it all not true.

The fact that people like Bob are still trying to talk to you is a testament to their incredible patience, and frankly, their kindness and compassion.

Fonzie wrote:
, yet you know the things you trust in are obviously rusting and rotting.

If you were at all interested in what he knows, you would ask him, and you would listen.

Fonzie wrote:
  The things I have faith in will never die but rather grow brighter and brighter until faith becomes sight in full day.

If my stay here has taught me anything, it's that no two christians have faith in exactly the same things (and I'm not even talking about individual contradictions here), so I'm afraid that the things you have faith in will die with you.

Fonzie wrote:
  If I am right I'm being reasonable and you're being foolish - right?

Well, if you're right, then many questions suddenly pop up : Such as, why did you lie ? How come you never have any counter-arguments ? Why can't you answer simple questions ? Why are you so dishonest ? Why do keep threathening people ? And sorry, but I'm going to have to repeat this, cuz it keeps puzzling me, why would you need to lie if you're so right ?

Fonzie wrote:
  If you're right.... no, you're not right.  It's not even remotely possible.

Because you say so ? Well, if that's all the argument you need to make something not true, then why are you even here ? Why not just change our minds, our just vanish us out of existence with the awesome power of your reality-warping denial ?

Go on ! You know you want to.

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:If I am right

Fonzie wrote:

Actually, the reasons for your beliefs are much more important than whether your beliefs happen to turn out to be true or not. Isn't gambling supposed to be a sin or something?

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:BobSpence1, I

Fonzie wrote:
BobSpence1,

I thought possibly you had traveled extensively - you have seen these things and exercised your mind regularly.  You have eaten their foods and given attention to the exercise of your body.

What ?

Fonzie wrote:
But you have left out the spirit of man.  What do you think has happened to your spirit?

Well, he can speak his mind without having to resort to deceit, something you haven't managed yet, so I'd say his "spirit" is in a much healthier condition than yours.

Fonzie wrote:
We can't measure life by the thread that goes from cradle to the grave - we must measure on to resurrection and eternity.  In order to really live a man must find and continually partake of the Bread of heaven.  Until you find it you are a victim of the wandering of desire.  You have seen and found a lot of things Bob, but you have missed the Fundamental of Fundamentals.  If you had found it you would realize how sad and pathetic your answer for life is, how empty you are to Christ's fullness, how foolish you are to treat the Lamb of God with disdain.  You have searched and yet not honestly evaluated in your heart of hearts to the extent you realize you have not found what you are looking for.  You have settled cheap.  You may have the praise of men and especially yourself but you don't have the approval of God.  That can only be found in Christ, the free Gift of Grace.  You would have to downsize your pride to allow that.  So to that obstacle you will miss life rather than dethrone yourself and your false gods.

A whole lot of vague (and not so vague) insults. Again ! What did Bob ever do to you ? You think that if you keep repeating these insults, he's going to lose his patience and respond in kind ?

I would ask you to stop insulting people, but then, of course, you'd have nothing left to say, would you ?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot your lies. Yes, you'd still have those.

Fonzie wrote:
For me to live is Christ, and (only a comma away) to die is gain.

You'd rather be dead ??? Sorry to hear that. I'd get my lithium levels checked if I were you.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
chndlrjhnsn wrote:Fonzie

chndlrjhnsn wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Actually, the reasons for your beliefs are much more important than whether your beliefs happen to turn out to be true or not. Isn't gambling supposed to be a sin or something?

Not when you're a christian. There's a devine excuse for pretty much everything when you're a christian. I used to think murder was a sin. "Fonzie" begs to differ.

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:I used to

Anonymouse wrote:

I used to think murder was a sin. "Fonzie" begs to differ.

Really? Which post is that in? (There's 1,460 of them).

Edit: I guess the only sin is not believing Fonzie.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
chndlrjhnsn wrote:Really?

chndlrjhnsn wrote:
Really? Which post is that in? (There's 1,460 of them).

Oh, there's more. He's had another 1000+ thread full of the same stuff.

In this one, in post 366, I repeated a question I'd asked months ago : "Would you kill an innocent child if god asked you to". It took him untill post 388 to answer yes.

If you're ever extremely bored, check out what it takes to make him answer a yes or no question.

chndlrjhnsn wrote:
Edit: I guess the only sin is not believing Fonzie.

That's his gospel, yeah. You just saved yourself a whole lotta frustration.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie, my 'spirit' is

Fonzie, my 'spirit' is fine.

I nourish it through music, art, pursuit of understanding of 'Life, the Universe, and Everything', the exercise of my skills, discussion and conversation with people who I share many of the same or similar interests, and so on.

It is obviously a waste of time discussing these things with you - has been obvious for many, many pages, actually.

Your ignorance about the nature of life and the Universe is so deep, you are so wedded to your comforting fantasy world, the narrowness of your vision,  you truly are 'lost'....

You clearly have no conception of the wider world I contemplate, where your belief system is just one of many fantasies that Man is prone to falling for, and has, over the whole history since Homo first began to wonder about things beyond the day-to-day battle for survival. Cave paintings and carved figures point to rituals and superstitions that are traceable back 10's of thousands of years ago, and almost certainly began well before that, but have left little or no identifiable and dateable artefacts.

I hope your fantasy really does give you as much bliss as you claim, I just wish you Jesus-addicts wouldn't spend so much time trying to push your mental 'crack' onto people who have found their way out of the pit you are still lost in, or never really fell into it.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay, I'm going to ask

Okay, I'm going to ask Fonzie another simple question (I already asked one twice, and he didn't answer that one).

Fonzie look here: I'm going to ask you a question containing two parts, the first part is yes or no. I'm not sure if that will make it more or less likely for you to answer, but let's call it an experiment. The first part of the question is one that you have already expressed a "yes" answer to, so I believe that will make it easier for you to answer. My hypothesis, however, is that you will respond in some form, but fail to satisfy part one or two of the question. I put forth this hypothesis having already seen some of your responses. Now, here is the question:

1) Is it true that you would kill an innocent child if God commanded you to?

2) If so, in what form do you believe such a command would come? (e.g. a voice in your head, a voice from the heavens, a voice from a burning bush, a stone tablet... what form?)

I don't think that you would ignore this just to spite me, Fonzie, although you might fail to respond because you thought the question was meant to trick you. If this is the case, you may say so, and I will accept that as a substitute for an answer. However, you may think that my giving you that option was meant to trick you as well, so I don't believe you will take the option.

If you believe there is some other extenuating circumstance that should exempt you from answering the question, please, let me know. I will give your excuse fair consideration. But you have to tell me why you aren't answering it.

You know what, I don't even know why I bothered typing this post. I already know he's not going to answer it.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Fonzie, my

BobSpence1 wrote:

I nourish it through music, art, pursuit of understanding of 'Life, the Universe, and Everything', the exercise of my skills, discussion and conversation with people who I share many of the same or similar interests, and so on.

It is obviously a waste of time discussing these things with you - has been obvious for many, many pages, actually.

Your ignorance about the nature of life and the Universe is so deep, you are so wedded to your comforting fantasy world, the narrowness of your vision,  you truly are 'lost'....

You clearly have no conception of the wider world I contemplate, where your belief system is just one of many fantasies that Man is prone to falling for, and has, over the whole history since Homo first began to wonder about things beyond the day-to-day battle for survival. Cave paintings and carved figures point to rituals and superstitions that are traceable back 10's of thousands of years ago, and almost certainly began well before that, but have left little or no identifiable and dateable artefacts.

I hope your fantasy really does give you as much bliss as you claim, I just wish you Jesus-addicts wouldn't spend so much time trying to push your mental 'crack' onto people who have found their way out of the pit you are still lost in, or never really fell into it.

Something he has apparently not considered. Imagine a room, let's say a pristine white walled jail cell. Food stuffs are pushed through a slot daily. There is a small bed, perhaps a shower and the other basic necessities, along with a bible, or religious scribbling of his choice. His entire world could be played out in this little room. All of his grandest expectations of life could be met..in this little room.

Sad but true. Poor Fonzie, but I don't feel sorry for him, it's self induced. Some people like to cut themselves, it makes them feel better about it all yet it is an illness.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHO WHAT WHY

BobSpence1 wrote:

BobSpence1,

Yeah it looks like you have aced your own test of what's fine and wonderful and you're right I probably wouldn't understand.  You're nourished, full, and he that's stuffed hates honey, but one  who is hungry will surely go for bitter.  And my little brain is not hungry for your wide world of contemplation - as you mention - I'm nourished by the foolishness of God, that Jesus Christ died for my sins and the sins of the whole world - and that He is with me every moment!

You have learned a lot from those cave paintings and carved figures, and I'm sure you've thought a lot about it all and, well, it surely all makes sense.  Oh that I could see the world you see Bob, with the vision and visionaries discussing - iron sharpening iron and Homo history and survival surviving and fantasy busting breakthroughs.  I'm missing all that - and why? (not you Bob)  well, I don't know why, you know I don't know why and I know you know why - I have a little narrow mind that's why I don't know why what happened 10's of thousands of years ago in a cave applies   today - to life, to death, to family, justice, and stuff like that that I don't even see the connection to, Bob, you know - it's above, it's beyond, it's beyond my world, the little world, the little fantasy world.

Plus... I'm too happy to care, and that's a disadvantage too.  Do you cave paint?  Sorry I didn't ask before.  I'm in a fantasy and fantasy is the pits for sure, but I might get bored and paint something someday  so somebody, somewhere somehow will understand someway, contemplate and communicate, understand and know, know and discuss.   Most of the stuff they call paint I've seen only lasts about 8 - 10 years though.  There's something we ought to investigate - what kind of paint did they use!  That would apply!

DarkSam
DarkSam's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie seems to have

Fonzie seems to have concluded this thread well. After all this time I think it has come to an end, unless anyone wants to add anything?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You cannot disprove the existance of God, but you also cannot disprove the existance of an all powerfull, incomprehesible, pink elephant that lives in the boot of my car.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:BobSpence1,

Fonzie wrote:

BobSpence1,

Yeah it looks like you have aced your own test of what's fine and wonderful and you're right I probably wouldn't understand.  You're nourished, full, and he that's stuffed hates honey, but one  who is hungry will surely go for bitter.  And my little brain is not hungry for your wide world of contemplation - as you mention - I'm nourished by the foolishness of God, that Jesus Christ died for my sins and the sins of the whole world - and that He is with me every moment!

You have learned a lot from those cave paintings and carved figures, and I'm sure you've thought a lot about it all and, well, it surely all makes sense.  Oh that I could see the world you see Bob, with the vision and visionaries discussing - iron sharpening iron and Homo history and survival surviving and fantasy busting breakthroughs.  I'm missing all that - and why? (not you Bob)  well, I don't know why, you know I don't know why and I know you know why - I have a little narrow mind that's why I don't know why what happened 10's of thousands of years ago in a cave applies   today - to life, to death, to family, justice, and stuff like that that I don't even see the connection to, Bob, you know - it's above, it's beyond, it's beyond my world, the little world, the little fantasy world.

Plus... I'm too happy to care, and that's a disadvantage too.  Do you cave paint?  Sorry I didn't ask before.  I'm in a fantasy and fantasy is the pits for sure, but I might get bored and paint something someday  so somebody, somewhere somehow will understand someway, contemplate and communicate, understand and know, know and discuss.   Most of the stuff they call paint I've seen only lasts about 8 - 10 years though.  There's something we ought to investigate - what kind of paint did they use!  That would apply!

Wow, sounds like Bob really hit a nerve.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
DarkSam wrote:Fonzie seems

DarkSam wrote:
Fonzie seems to have concluded this thread well. After all this time I think it has come to an end, unless anyone wants to add anything?

You'd think so, but no. He throws a wobbly like this every ten pages or so. Even if we all stop posting here, he'll just start talking to himself untill a new guy comes along who hasn't met him yet.

Still, after all these years of either being preached at, insulted, threathened and lied to, I'm more than willing not to add anything more to this litany of unanswered questions and ignored posts.

So yeah, unless anyone else still harbors the illusion that this is an honest person who seriously wants to talk to us, I suggest we leave him to the company of his own holiness.

*edit*

Okay, I thought about , and I guess it's time to say our goodbyes to "fonzie". This is only gonna work if we all do it, I guess, so I'll check back in a week or so to see if this is still going for reasons of masochism.

Right, here goes :

Dear Meph,

There's a few people here who's good nature and patience you took advantage of so much, that you really owe them an apology before you leave. That's not the case for me, though. You really helped me see the emptiness behind all religious claims, and I'll always be grateful for that, and I'm sure your threads here will keep doing that long after you are gone.

So I'll just leave you with all my unanswered questions and ignored arguments. You'll spend the rest of your live running from them, but that's a christian's fate, I guess.

The only practical advice I'll repeat for you once again is this : Get your blood tested. Seriously, taking uncontrolled amounts of lithium can either be dangerous or completely useless.

All the best and (hopefully) goodbye !

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO QUESTION

chndlrjhnsn wrote:

Okay, I'm going to ask Fonzie another simple question (I already asked one twice, and he didn't answer that one).

Fonzie look here: I'm going to ask you a question containing two parts, the first part is yes or no. I'm not sure if that will make it more or less likely for you to answer, but let's call it an experiment. The first part of the question is one that you have already expressed a "yes" answer to, so I believe that will make it easier for you to answer. My hypothesis, however, is that you will respond in some form, but fail to satisfy part one or two of the question. I put forth this hypothesis having already seen some of your responses. Now, here is the question:

2) If so, in what form do you believe such a command would come? (e.g. a voice in your head, a voice from the heavens, a voice from a burning bush, a stone tablet... what form?)

I don't think that you would ignore this just to spite me, Fonzie, although you might fail to respond because you thought the question was meant to trick you. If this is the case, you may say so, and I will accept that as a substitute for an answer. However, you may think that my giving you that option was meant to trick you as well, so I don't believe you will take the option.

If you believe there is some other extenuating circumstance that should exempt you from answering the question, please, let me know. I will give your excuse fair consideration. But you have to tell me why you aren't answering it.

You know what, I don't even know why I bothered typing this post. I already know he's not going to answer it.

Chndlrjhnsn,

1) That is what is known as a "false dilemma", a question with no answer because it is a "no question", you probably knew that.  (2) is an extension of the first.  Research is tough remember and you need to get a real question that you honestly want an answer to. 

Further, Chndlrhnsn, there is no agreement between light and darkness, so if you want to discuss, then you will have to be satisfied with disagreement.  Otherwise you can follow the path of least resistance and continue telling each other your "modern charity" - that all and everything and everyone is fine and ok, nothing means anything - except of course for the likes of Christians and faith in Christ. 

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:chndlrjhnsn

Fonzie wrote:

chndlrjhnsn wrote:

Chndlrjhnsn,

1) That is what is known as a "false dilemma", a question with no answer because it is a "no question", you probably knew that.  (2) is an extension of the first.  Research is tough remember and you need to get a real question that you honestly want an answer to. 

Further, Chndlrhnsn, there is no agreement between light and darkness, so if you want to discuss, then you will have to be satisfied with disagreement.  Otherwise you can follow the path of least resistance and continue telling each other your "modern charity" - that all and everything and everyone is fine and ok, nothing means anything - except of course for the likes of Christians and faith in Christ. 

Well, looks like I was right. I was actually kind of hoping that you would answer just to prove me wrong.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: 1) That is

Fonzie wrote:

*deep, deep, deep, DEEP sigh*

I already gave the posts where he answered "yes". The degree of dishonesty he's capable of is simply too much to take anymore.

As for the rest of it, it appears he's descended into total gobbledygook. He's not talking to us, he's talking to the people in his head.

Okay, one more time, who here wants to have a conversation with a guy to whom "yes", doesn't mean "yes", even after you've spent months trying to make him answer one single bloody question ?

Anyone here that much into masochism ?

Not me, not anymore.

I know there are assholes on the net, but to be treated like this, for so many years....

I give up. Dishonesty wins.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Fonzie

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

I already gave the posts where he answered "yes". The degree of dishonesty he's capable of is simply too much to take anymore.

As for the rest of it, it appears he's descended into total gobbledygook. He's not talking to us, he's talking to the people in his head.

Okay, one more time, who here wants to have a conversation with a guy to whom "yes", doesn't mean "yes", even after you've spent months trying to make him answer one single bloody question ?

Not me, not anymore.

I know there are assholes on the net, but to be treated like this, for so many years....

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: Lol, thanks

robj101 wrote:

Lol, thanks Rob.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE EASY WAY OUT HOUSE OF ANONYMOUSE

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Not me, not anymore.

Anonymouse,

You have never produced a product - you just wiggle and stir up filth, lie (it comes natural), deceive, use double meaning, and eat dust.  Where are you and what is your focus?  What is your purpose?  What is the way of life that is right in your eyes?

I'm going to predict you will say, "Oh I answered that a hundred times long long ago".  I guess that supports the theory of evolution which also never happened, huh.  

You come to work with only a crowbar - not to build, just wreck and destroy.  Do you have a plan?  (I'm sure you answered that too, right?)  Does your plan lift up or tear down?  Is there anything beyond atheist excitement of blaspheming God?  I think that excitement is gone with you atheists already, like the crackle of thorns under the pot. 

Consider interrogation of your spiritual state to be a merciful thing - you can't compute a life without considering death and beyond.  What is beyond for you?  What is your answer concerning those for whom "beyond" has come before "behold", an untimely birth. 

If you refuse the gift of God in Christ, the Lamb of God, the atoning Sacrifice for your sins and miss eternity - it would be better for you to have not ever been born. 

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Anonymouse

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Not me, not anymore.

Anonymouse,

You have never produced a product - you just wiggle and stir up filth, lie (it comes natural), deceive, use double meaning, and eat dust.  Where are you and what is your focus?  What is your purpose?  What is the way of life that is right in your eyes?

I'm going to predict you will say, "Oh I answered that a hundred times long long ago".  I guess that supports the theory of evolution which also never happened, huh.  

You come to work with only a crowbar - not to build, just wreck and destroy.  Do you have a plan?  (I'm sure you answered that too, right?)  Does your plan lift up or tear down?  Is there anything beyond atheist excitement of blaspheming God?  I think that excitement is gone with you atheists already, like the crackle of thorns under the pot. 

Consider interrogation of your spiritual state to be a merciful thing - you can't compute a life without considering death and beyond.  What is beyond for you?  What is your answer concerning those for whom "beyond" has come before "behold", an untimely birth. 

If you refuse the gift of God in Christ, the Lamb of God, the atoning Sacrifice for your sins and miss eternity - it would be better for you to have not ever been born. 

Bub you have built a massive wall, it has to be tore down a bit so you can see over the top..of your own self righteousness, thus the "crowbar".

You have 0 capacity to even begin to comprehend a thought outside your own self inflicted delusion.

You prove you are here for nothing but to preach your own little truth, and if by some insane chance you were right, your own petty creator would likely reject you for your own big headedness.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse, 

Fonzie,

It pains me to see you wiggling and stirring in the filth of jesus.  the christcontamination has turned your brain into a sphincter; with festering hypocrisy you accuse others of lies, deception and dust-eating, while you refuse to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, now an infinite + 7 times.  

You come to work only with a bucket of spackle, to clog your ability to think.  

Each time you run from answering direct questions, you prove the "gift of god in christ" is a curse of lies and hypocrisy.  It would be better your ancestors had not ever evolved into Homo sapiens.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie, you might have

Fonzie, you might have forgotten my post on the previous page. So, here's the part that I want you to read again.

butterbattle wrote:
Alright, you still haven't answered my question, so let's back up again and try to start as simple as possible. We'll begin with the simplest question I can think of and see if you can answer it.

Do you have faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no. Surely, you can answer that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:
Anonymouse,

You have never produced a product

I produced a question, which you answered, and then suddenly (About 700 or more posts later) called "a question with no answer". In what universe is that an honest way to talk to people ?

Fonzie wrote:
- you just wiggle and stir up filth, lie (it comes natural), deceive, use double meaning, and eat dust.

I'm not sure what the other insults are about. Maybe it gives you joy to insult people ? But "lie" is straightforward enough. When I accuse you of lying, I provide proof. Kindly do the same, or have the decency to apologise for accusing me of something I didn't do.

Fonzie wrote:
Where are you and what is your focus?  What is your purpose?  What is the way of life that is right in your eyes?

I'm on an atheist forum, asking you several questions, which seems to be a waste of time, since you either ignore them, or when you do answer them, you then later turn around and claim it was a question with no answer, which is simply too dishonest to think about.

My purpose is to make you answer at least one single question honestly, and maybe convince you to get your blood tested.

The way of life that is right in my eyes is honesty, which is why you were so instrumental in destroying my faith.

Oh, FYI, there was another theist on the board here, who did what you did : Open a new account under another name. But when someone pointed out the painfully obvious simularities between his posts and the other account, he simply admitted right away that the account was his as well.

Did you hear that ? It didn't even occur to him to lie !

But it occured to you. I just want to know why ? Why did you lie ?

Fonzie wrote:
I'm going to predict you will say, "Oh I answered that a hundred times long long ago".

So you finally went back and re-read some of my posts. About time. How is that a prediction, though ?

Fonzie wrote:
  I guess that supports the theory of evolution which also never happened, huh. 

That one was explained to you in your first thread. You had no counter-arguments. Not a single one.

Fonzie wrote:
You come to work with only a crowbar - not to build, just wreck and destroy.

I asked you a question, that's all. If a question alone can "wreck and destroy", then you're a very fragile creature indeed.

Fonzie wrote:
  Do you have a plan?  (I'm sure you answered that too, right?)

I probably did, but what's the use of looking it up and giving you the post were it happened ? You'd ignore it anyway.

I have many plans. Which in particular are you interested in ?

Fonzie wrote:
Does your plan lift up or tear down?

Lifts up.

Fonzie wrote:
Is there anything beyond atheist excitement of blaspheming God?

I don't know what "atheist excitement" is, and you can't "blaspheme" something you don't believe exists. Please try to remember that now.

Fonzie wrote:
I think that excitement is gone with you atheists already, like the crackle of thorns under the pot.

Ok.

Fonzie wrote:
Consider interrogation of your spiritual state to be a merciful thing - you can't compute a life without considering death and beyond. 

I'm not sure if a person as dishonest as you should be "interrogating" anyone's "spiritual state". Seriously, my problem with you is not your religion, it's your dishonesty (which you've provided proof for).

And yes, I've considered death and beyond. So ?

Fonzie wrote:
What is beyond for you?

That's where honesty comes in once again, because the answer to that question is : I don't know.

Fonzie wrote:
What is your answer concerning those for whom "beyond" has come before "behold", an untimely birth.

What question are they asking ?

Fonzie wrote:
If you refuse the gift of God in Christ, the Lamb of God, the atoning Sacrifice for your sins and miss eternity -

I'm not refusing anything. I'm asking questions, not getting answers, and I'm being lied to by you. Is that "refusing the gift" ?

Fonzie wrote:
it would be better for you to have not ever been born. 

I beg your pardon ?

Wow, that's the most viscious thing anybody has ever said to me. You're not a very nice person at all, are you ?

Well, as always, you ignored my question and asked a bunch of your own instead.

As always, I answered them all.

So if it's not too much trouble, could you finally please explain why you lied ?

Just wondering.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Wow, that's

Anonymouse wrote:
Wow, that's the most viscious thing anybody has ever said to me. You're not a very nice person at all, are you ?

Kind of true though, isn't it? If you were never born, you wouldn't have to go to hell.  

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Kind of true though, isn't it? If you were never born, you wouldn't have to go to hell.  

Yeah, but that would mean that god aborted me, so to speak, so he would go to hell in my place, if I understand the rules correctly. Gosh, religion sure is fun.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Yeah, but that would mean that god aborted me, so to speak, so he would go to hell in my place, if I understand the rules correctly. Gosh, religion sure is fun.

INORITE?  

Btw, aren't you forgetting miscarriages? It has to be Satan. Or...aborting babies improves the world in the way that we can't comprehend. Maybe all those babies would have grown up to be evil atheists. Perhaps you just aren't evil enough.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like to point out,

I would like to point out, he now has 30 pages of "It works for me!"

From the looks of it, it has been working like a car driving on 4 flats.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I would like

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

Very entertaining, but you guys have still not laid out your reason for living.  Mine is all laid out, and you have done a great job of ridiculing my reason for living and dying - which is Christ. 

But it continues to be an escape from offering your way of life which evidently you think is better.  What is it?  Anybody can throw up a distraction and copy and paste videos, but what is it that puts life together for you? 

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:robj101 wrote:I

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

Very entertaining, but you guys have still not laid out your reason for living.  Mine is all laid out, and you have done a great job of ridiculing my reason for living and dying - which is Christ. 

But it continues to be an escape from offering your way of life which evidently you think is better.  What is it?  Anybody can throw up a distraction and copy and paste videos, but what is it that puts life together for you? 

What makes you believe there is a specific reason? Does everything have a reason? It makes you feel good to think you have a creator holding your hand and it gives you a "reason".

I don't need a reason, I can accept things just the way they are and be happier knowing that I don't know everything and likely never will. The fun is in participating in this game of life. So I am willing to acknowledge it, you apparently are not.

A rich man who has everything he could want is not the happiest. You pretend to be rich in knowledge but in reality you are carrying a sack full of bullshit over your shoulder and calling it a magic sack of answers.

My sack is not nearly full but everytime I pick up a piece of knowledge to put in my sack it's a moment of fun.

I hope this helps explain my position.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another thing, most theists

Another thing, most theists suffer from big head syndrome. They feel like mankind has got to be so awesome. We are so great that we must have been created by something far greater. Something that cares about us, something that is all powerful blah blah.

But apparently there are some some people who are willing to accept that we are here by chance myself among them, and on the cosmic scale we are less signifigant than that ant bed you kicked when you were a kid. Why am I ok with that and you are not? Why does there HAVE to be a purpose or meaning? When you learn everything is random and chance, you can be happier, if for no other reason that you don;t have to ponder why there are starving children, war and mayhem everyday on this planet. It all begins to make sense.

I don't have to make up lies or suppositions while pondering the actions or non action of a fictional "god", this alone makes things so much better.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Very

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie,

It pains me to see your dishonesty growing like a tumor on steroids.  You demonstrate that your reason for living is to refuse to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, now an infinite + 8 times.  

You demonstrate that lies and hypocrisy put life together for you, as you copy and paste your dishonesty page after page.  

When you will not intelligently defend your false beliefs, better that you had never been a sample of stem cells frozen for government-funded research.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: you guys have

Fonzie wrote:

you guys have still not laid out your reason for living.

Another lie. A real amazingly big one. Read the thread.

Fonzie wrote:
Mine is all laid out, and you have done a great job of ridiculing my reason for living and dying - which is Christ. 

Yours is all laid out ? Then why did you lie ?

What we are poking fun at here is your dishonesty, which you have to admit, is getting way beyond absurd.

And once again, you can't blaspheme/ridicule something you don't believe in. I did ask you to remember, but even that was too much trouble for you.

Fonzie wrote:
But it continues to be an escape from offering your way of life which evidently you think is better.

The entire thread is full to bursting with people explaining their way of life to you. What makes this lie of yours so incredibly weird, is that you sometimes acknowledge that ! "That was a good conversation", "I think I understand", etc... But they might as well not have bothered, because you just decided it never happened !

Now, are you going to admit you were lying, or do I have to start cutting and pasting entire pages of this thread, in the vain hope that you'd read what people have posted a second time around ?

Fonzie wrote:
What is it?

Read the thread !

Fonzie wrote:
Anybody can throw up a distraction and copy and paste videos, but what is it that puts life together for you? 

"Anybody can throw up a distraction" ??? You just skipped my entire post, where I answered all you questions. AGAIN ! You just assigned half of this thread to never-happened-land !

How is this our fault ?

Also, you might recall (although I doubt it) that you called me a liar in your last reply. I ask you, again, to have the simple decency to provide proof for this accusation.

It would seem that you have neither.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO SIDE EFFECTS

robj101 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

What makes you believe there is a specific reason? Does everything have a reason? It makes you feel good to think you have a creator holding your hand and it gives you a "reason".

I don't need a reason, I can accept things just the way they are and be happier knowing that I don't know everything and likely never will. The fun is in participating in this game of life. So I am willing to acknowledge it, you apparently are not.

A rich man who has everything he could want is not the happiest. You pretend to be rich in knowledge but in reality you are carrying a sack full of bullshit over your shoulder and calling it a magic sack of answers.

My sack is not nearly full but everytime I pick up a piece of knowledge to put in my sack it's a moment of fun.

robj101,

As I have said - what makes me believe there is a specific reason is faith in Jesus Christ - what He Said, what He Did, Who He Is and my relationship with Him in the Holy Spirit.  You're right it makes me feel good, but it's far more than a feeling.

You say you are happier not needing a reason for living and life being a game, and - right - I'm not happy with that.  In a moment when you awake in eternity your happiness with emptiness will be gone - no matter what enjoyment you have had in this short life birth to grave. 

You're right that it's obvious riches don't make happiness, but the riches of God are different - no sorrow added.  You can tank up on the riches of God with no bad side effects.

You are mischaracterizing my riches in God as a sack of excrement - I know that's your view to your own dishonor. 

You describe your walk through life as picking up knowledge here and there and enjoying it.  I do that too, but it relates to a Plan - not my Plan.  It's also more than a "moment of fun" - it is a residual joy seeing direction and progress and meaning, getting somewhere and it being where I want to go. 

But I want to thank you for actually answering the question rather than just play the mischaracterization/trick question bait-and-switch game. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:robj101,As I

Fonzie wrote:
robj101,

As I have said - what makes me believe there is a specific reason is faith in Jesus Christ - what He Said, what He Did, Who He Is and my relationship with Him in the Holy Spirit.  You're right it makes me feel good, but it's far more than a feeling.

If that is true, then why did you lie ?

Fonzie wrote:
You say you are happier not needing a reason for living and life being a game, and - right - I'm not happy with that.  In a moment when you awake in eternity your happiness with emptiness will be gone - no matter what enjoyment you have had in this short life birth to grave.

You are asking him to put fantasy above reality. That is not very healthy, to put it mildly.

Fonzie wrote:
You're right that it's obvious riches don't make happiness, but the riches of God are different - no sorrow added.  You can tank up on the riches of God with no bad side effects.

If that is true, then why did you lie and continue to do so ?

Fonzie wrote:
You are mischaracterizing my riches in God as a sack of excrement - I know that's your view to your own dishonor. 

It's a crude comparison, maybe, but it's certainly not inaccurate (apart from the fact that excrement can be used as fertiliser, and is therefore useful. You lies are not). You have given us nothing but lies and insults so far. Calling that "a sack of excrement" is not a mischaracterisation at all. No "dishonor", just your dishonesty, as per usual.

Btw, I think I just figured out why you always refuse to answer these "a" or "b" questions. You can hardly accuse us of "mischaracterizing" the letters "a" or "b", now can you ? That would be too ridiculous even for you. (But only just)

Fonzie wrote:
You describe your walk through life as picking up knowledge here and there and enjoying it. 

Actually, he's been posting here for a while now and has described a lot more than that. Not that you care.

Fonzie wrote:
I do that too, but it relates to a Plan - not my Plan. 

No, you do not. You actively reject knowledge. Even knowledge so basic as the very words that come out of your own mouth.

Fonzie wrote:
It's also more than a "moment of fun" - it is a residual joy seeing direction and progress and meaning, getting somewhere and it being where I want to go. 

If that is true, then why did you lie ?

Fonzie wrote:
But I want to thank you for actually answering the question rather than just play the mischaracterization/trick question bait-and-switch game.

He answered your questions before. Post 1379 and following come to mind. You simply didn't care.

Now cite the post where anyone asked you a trick question, mischaracterized anything you said, played any kind of bait-and-switch game, or apologise for making this unfounded accusation.

And while you're at it, provide proof that I lied to you (as I provided proof for your lies), or apologise for calling me a liar.

Once we've established that minimum of common decency, then we can get back to the questions you still haven't answered.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:robj101

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

robj101,

You describe your walk through life as picking up knowledge here and there and enjoying it.  I do that too, but it relates to a Plan - not my Plan.  It's also more than a "moment of fun" - it is a residual joy seeing direction and progress and meaning, getting somewhere and it being where I want to go. 

That's why you believe there is a specific reason for you. What makes your reason the reason for everyone? I don't necessarily think you actually believe your reason but are simply parroting what your pastor told you.

I and others have told you our reasons for living - mine is to help as many people as possible to the best of my ability without judging them. Ia your sole purpose to fail at bringing people to Jesus by being arrogant and condescending? If so, atheists thank you for helping their cause.

Why don't you take full responsibility (good and bad) for your life instead of passing the buck to God?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea well I'm gonna go play

Yea well I'm gonna go play disc golf and take my little dog with me, she is awesome at the course. She chases the disc and then stands over them like a little hunting dog, "spotting" them for me.

I'll think of Fonzie on his knees worshipping the fantasy while I'm out there... ok so maybe I wont lol.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Yea well I'm

robj101 wrote:

Yea well I'm gonna go play disc golf and take my little dog with me, she is awesome at the course. She chases the disc and then stands over them like a little hunting dog, "spotting" them for me.

I'll think of Fonzie on his knees worshipping the fantasy while I'm out there... ok so maybe I wont lol.

Disc golf - the purpose of my summer.

Where do you play?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:robj101

jcgadfly wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Disc golf - the purpose of my summer.

Where do you play?

Two courses here in town, lucy park and lake wichita. I'm not that great, I just do it for fun and my dog loves it. I scored a 3 over today and thats probably my average, though I am using a new innova "champion groove" disc that seems to want to turn no matter how straight I throw it ><

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
REASON AND OTHER SEARCHES

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

robj101,

That's why you believe there is a specific reason for you. What makes your reason the reason for everyone? I don't necessarily think you actually believe your reason but are simply parroting what your pastor told you.

I and others have told you our reasons for living - mine is to help as many people as possible to the best of my ability without judging them. Ia your sole purpose to fail at bringing people to Jesus by being arrogant and condescending? If so, atheists thank you for helping their cause.

Why don't you take full responsibility (good and bad) for your life instead of passing the buck to God?

JcGadfly,

The approach robj101 gave of just "gathering ideas" here and there without respect to a overall plan is not sound reasoning.  That approach may break the routine on vacation or provide recreation as mentioned but it won't accomplish anything.  That approach may be an interesting college experience but won't produce a degree with a purpose.  Try the "jump around" approach to remodeling a house and before long you will be in the middle of an unending mess. 

It compares to life in general.  To just "jump around" is to assign yourself to a life of picking daisies.  I think most of you are going with a plan; however, not the plan of Scripture, the life of faith in God in Christ.  My guess is you have some form of what you think is your own plan. 

As far as my "passing the buck" to God, you don't really understand the gospel.  Accepting the gospel (the Lamb of God being sacrificed for our sins) begins with taking responsibility for our sins and repenting of them, which is an agony - and this principle (taking responsibility for sins and missing the mark, and agony over them) as well as the battle between light and darkness continues until death.  Until then a guy better keep his sword out of scabbard.

By saying my profession is insincere and something "my pastor told me" you are kind of on a "lofty perch" and driving beyond your headlights aren't you?  You can't really know that.  But I'm not seeking to be justified in your eyes anyway, but rather Gods Who knows the secrets of the heart.  You will do well and have work security examining your own heart in the light that you have.

There has been talk about you and others having told your "reasons for living" in previous posts.  If you find any of those I hope you post them.  Maybe we will find the "big bang" and the first move of evolution nearby. 

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

robj101,

JcGadfly,

The approach robj101 gave of just "gathering ideas" here and there without respect to a overall plan is not sound reasoning.  That approach may break the routine on vacation or provide recreation as mentioned but it won't accomplish anything.  That approach may be an interesting college experience but won't produce a degree with a purpose.  Try the "jump around" approach to remodeling a house and before long you will be in the middle of an unending mess. 

It compares to life in general.  To just "jump around" is to assign yourself to a life of picking daisies.  I think most of you are going with a plan; however, not the plan of Scripture, the life of faith in God in Christ.  My guess is you have some form of what you think is your own plan. 

As far as my "passing the buck" to God, you don't really understand the gospel.  Accepting the gospel (the Lamb of God being sacrificed for our sins) begins with taking responsibility for our sins and repenting of them, which is an agony - and this principle (taking responsibility for sins and missing the mark, and agony over them) as well as the battle between light and darkness continues until death.  Until then a guy better keep his sword out of scabbard.

By saying my profession is insincere and something "my pastor told me" you are kind of on a "lofty perch" and driving beyond your headlights aren't you?  You can't really know that.  But I'm not seeking to be justified in your eyes anyway, but rather Gods Who knows the secrets of the heart.  You will do well and have work security examining your own heart in the light that you have.

There has been talk about you and others having told your "reasons for living" in previous posts.  If you find any of those I hope you post them.  Maybe we will find the "big bang" and the first move of evolution nearby. 

According to you, there is NO option, so why the fuck are you asking? You refuse to accept anything other than the made up bs, you can play like you are worshipping and cradled by a loving "god" but in reality you are just like everyone else. The only difference is your delusion keeps you high on yourself, because as it turns out, your god is just like you want to be, add some magc bs and you are your god.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:JcGadfly, The

Fonzie wrote:
JcGadfly,

Could you just, even for a second, just stop shouting random abuse at people and actually read what they have already posted in your threads ? For pete's sake, I even gave you the number of the posts you apparently didn't even read ! What else can a person do ? Come over there and read it to you ?

"Not sound reasoning", "won't accomplish anything", "won't produce a degree with a purpose", those are all just assertions, not facts. Do you even know the difference ?

Like I said before, he's posted a lot more than you seem to be willing to read. If you really, truly, honestly want to know what he "accomplished", then why won't you read his posts ????

Why do you keep asking questions when you keep ignoring the answers ???

Fonzie wrote:

You just keep rephrazing the same question. What's your "faith" ? How do you live your lives without god ? What's your plan ?

It's all the same question !

Practically every single person registered on this forum has answered that question for you ! And because of your deceit, some of them even had to do it twice !

And you STILL keep repeating it !

What is wrong with you ???

Fonzie wrote:

Oreally ? So do you take responsibility for all the lies you told here ? I highly doubt that, since you don't even have the strength of character to admit to them in the first place, even though you got caught red-handed.

Btw, accusing JC of not knowing the gospel is more than a bit rich, coming from you. Every time he presents you with an argument, you run like hell. Seems his knowledge of the bible leaves you speechless every time.

Fonzie wrote:
By saying my profession is insincere and something "my pastor told me" you are kind of on a "lofty perch" and driving beyond your headlights aren't you?  You can't really know that.

Lol ! LOL ! Oh wow, you are such a glorious hypocrite, it really is amazing.

Read the first paragraph of your own post ! READ IT !

Fonzie wrote:
But I'm not seeking to be justified in your eyes anyway, but rather Gods Who knows the secrets of the heart.

Does that mean you don't care about lying to us ? Cuz that would certainly explain a lot.

Fonzie wrote:
You will do well and have work security examining your own heart in the light that you have. 

Uhm...he already did that.

Oh dear, there I go again, assuming that you'd actually read any of of JC's posts in the past. I keep forgetting you couldn't care less.

Fonzie wrote:
There has been talk about you and others having told your "reasons for living" in previous posts.

"There has been talk" ? There has been literally thousands of posts laying it out for you in every possible way, again and again and again.

And let me repeat the most astonishing fact about this mindbendingly dishonest sentence you just wrote :

You yourself have already acknowledged this : "Thank you for your honest answer", "That was a good conversation", "I think I understand", ect

All your verbatim reactions to the answers to your questions. And yet, here you are, pretending that it never happened.

That's not just dishonesty anymore, that's insanity.

Fonzie wrote:
If you find any of those I hope you post them.

*headdesk*

This is just incredible.

Look, if you're really THAT lazy, then sure, I'll go look up the number of the posts for you. Again. If that's what you want, then just ask.

(Then you can ignore them a second time. Won't that be fun ?)

Fonzie wrote:
Maybe we will find the "big bang" and the first move of evolution nearby.

You were given a severly dumbed down course in biology near the end of your first thread by deludedgod. Seems he might as well not have bothered.

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie, I have an idea. I

Fonzie, I have an idea. I have come up with a deal that I think we both can live with. I am going to ask you the simplest yes or no question that I can think of. If you answer it, correctly or incorrectly, I will become a Christian for a day! I will give it a real shot. I will make myself believe and everything. I will pray to God and force myself to love him no matter what his reputation is. I will push question like "whence evil cometh" as far from my mind as I can, replacing them with thoughts like "Hallelujia! God is great!" So here goes the question:

Fonzie, is it true, that 1+1 =2? Yes or No.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Fonzie

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
JcGadfly,

Could you just, even for a second, just stop shouting random abuse at people and actually read what they have already posted in your threads ? For pete's sake, I even gave you the number of the posts you apparently didn't even read ! What else can a person do ? Come over there and read it to you ?

"Not sound reasoning", "won't accomplish anything", "won't produce a degree with a purpose", those are all just assertions, not facts. Do you even know the difference ?

Like I said before, he's posted a lot more than you seem to be willing to read. If you really, truly, honestly want to know what he "accomplished", then why won't you read his posts ????

Why do you keep asking questions when you keep ignoring the answers ???

Fonzie wrote:

You just keep rephrazing the same question. What's your "faith" ? How do you live your lives without god ? What's your plan ?

It's all the same question !

Practically every single person registered on this forum has answered that question for you ! And because of your deceit, some of them even had to do it twice !

And you STILL keep repeating it !

What is wrong with you ???

Fonzie wrote:

Oreally ? So do you take responsibility for all the lies you told here ? I highly doubt that, since you don't even have the strength of character to admit to them in the first place, even though you got caught red-handed.

Btw, accusing JC of not knowing the gospel is more than a bit rich, coming from you. Every time he presents you with an argument, you run like hell. Seems his knowledge of the bible leaves you speechless every time.

Fonzie wrote:
By saying my profession is insincere and something "my pastor told me" you are kind of on a "lofty perch" and driving beyond your headlights aren't you?  You can't really know that.

Lol ! LOL ! Oh wow, you are such a glorious hypocrite, it really is amazing.

Read the first paragraph of your own post ! READ IT !

Fonzie wrote:
But I'm not seeking to be justified in your eyes anyway, but rather Gods Who knows the secrets of the heart.

Does that mean you don't care about lying to us ? Cuz that would certainly explain a lot.

Fonzie wrote:
You will do well and have work security examining your own heart in the light that you have. 

Uhm...he already did that.

Oh dear, there I go again, assuming that you'd actually read any of of JC's posts in the past. I keep forgetting you couldn't care less.

Fonzie wrote:
There has been talk about you and others having told your "reasons for living" in previous posts.

"There has been talk" ? There has been literally thousands of posts laying it out for you in every possible way, again and again and again.

And let me repeat the most astonishing fact about this mindbendingly dishonest sentence you just wrote :

You yourself have already acknowledged this : "Thank you for your honest answer", "That was a good conversation", "I think I understand", ect

All your verbatim reactions to the answers to your questions. And yet, here you are, pretending that it never happened.

That's not just dishonesty anymore, that's insanity.

Fonzie wrote:
If you find any of those I hope you post them.

*headdesk*

This is just incredible.

Look, if you're really THAT lazy, then sure, I'll go look up the number of the posts for you. Again. If that's what you want, then just ask.

(Then you can ignore them a second time. Won't that be fun ?)

Fonzie wrote:
Maybe we will find the "big bang" and the first move of evolution nearby.

You were given a severly dumbed down course in biology near the end of your first thread by deludedgod. Seems he might as well not have bothered.

He refuses to believe that he is just like us, he just adds some extra bullshit topping to his life.

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Fonzie,If God has

Fonzie,

If God has created everything, there is no reason to live at all.

100% 

StDissonance
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Uh?

Fonzie:  What exactly are you hoping to accomplish here?  The original post is alright, but you've strayed a bit.  I'm going to assume that the "I have purpose" argument isn't going fly around here.  Functional nihilism produces an interesting internal state of perception (some would call psychosis).  

Someone asked if 1+1=2.  Yes, no and why?  You are trapped by the latter.  In my case, 1+1=5 and you can only reframe the parameters of the question to harness that answer.  

100%:  On the last; you have a serious dichotomy problem with the question.  Yes or no forces you into a paradigm shift and forces the theist into a plastic transparent bag.  Not fair, do more work. 

Clearly most of you submit to cultural norms (jobs, cars, traffic laws, sports, etc.) and select one of those constructed norms to blame for the failures of the others.  A pretty shallow, irrational indict.  A claim that fits this thread,  "It works for me" in Fonzie's life satisfies his "gamer of life" and meets most of your paradigms.  Unless you have a vested interest in his well being, or a direct CBA (cost benefit analysis) of his harmful effect on the community--he is no different than you.  

"So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden. Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. Important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. Noah's ark is a problem." River