It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
PimpingWolfwood's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Hey, hello.

Anonymouse wrote:

Hey, hello. Welcome to the site.

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Give me some more, I'm game for this.

Uhm, yeah...just to give you some idea about why this thread is as long as it is :

Here's an example of the best you can hope for, if you spend a few posts jumping through all his hoops :

Fonzie wrote:
I appreciate you explaining this..I enjoy trying to understand it, and I think I do to some degree

And here's him, a few pages later, talking to the very same guy :

Fonzie wrote:
Your tactic rather than give me your hope and understanding of the origin and purpose of life in this world is just to mis-characterize, attack personally, label as preaching, and throw crap

Now imagine over 1800 posts of this happening over and over and over again. No matter what you say, no matter how many times you answer his questions, he will eventually claim it never happened. (Yes, even if you quote the posts where it did)

I've warned people about this guy before. They usually give him the benefit of the doubt anyway.

Oh well, I tried..

Hahaha. Thanks for the heads-up. I think the willful idiot is a role that lots of religious people assume because they know they can't win a head-on debate. I support whoever said ridicule first, debate later.  ;D

Bridge breeding proves evolution false.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
REALLY?

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Here are my questions to you which I have answered for myself:  What is the meaning of life?  What is the meaning of death?  What is worth putting all your heart, soul, mind and strength into in life?  (notice there is no "a" and "b", you aren't limited to my answers, the space is empty, ready to receive yours):::

Without some divinely defined meaning, the only other meanings we could draw from life are those we assign to it ourselves... And isn't that a liberating thought? Meaning o' death is the ending of life. That one's easy. And whatever I decide I want to put all my heart, soul, mind and strength into is what is worth doing so for.

PimpingWolfwood,

Your approach to life seems like a beer commercial - "live life with gusto!"  The reality of the beer approach observed closely however is different than the commercial played by the ones with the gusto liver's money. 

Aren't you putting all your faith in what you see in your own dimming headlights? 

Another:  Are you really up for more or easily swayed by fear of men? 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
PimpingWolfwood wrote:I

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

I support whoever said ridicule first, debate later.  ;D

Actually, that would be like feeding a gremlin after midnight. This guy craves ridicule like.....oh, crap. Too late.

Fonzie wrote:
PimpingWolfwood,

Your approach to life seems like a beer commercial - "live life with gusto!"  The reality of the beer approach observed closely however is different than the commercial played by the ones with the gusto liver's money. 

Aren't you putting all your faith in what you see in your own dimming headlights? 

Wolfwood, don't go for the bait, please.

Let us finish the conversation we've been trying to have with this guy for over a year now, and then you can jump in, k ? (I still think that reading a few pages of this should show you he's not worth the effort)

As for you, "fonzie": naughty, naughty ! No new atheists for you untill you finish what you started. Reply to our posts, please, so we can finally leave this thread for good.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHERE'S THE BEEF?

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymous,

Fonzie is wondering if that's what Anonymous has been badgering about over and over - "why did you lie?", but, "why did you lie?", yet, "why did you lie?", still, "why did you lie?"   Fonzie has read some of Mephibosheth's posts Anonymous, so there is no lie here. 

You denied it was you, as the quote proves,  so you lied.

Simple as that.

(Even simpler, I could ask you right now if you're the guy who made the "WHAT FAITH YOU" thread, but you wouldn't answer me)

Just avoiding admitting the lie won't make it go away, so you can stop trying to do that.

I just wan't to know why you lied.

(and while you're at it, explain why you're suddenly referring to yourself in the third person )

Fonzie wrote:
Fonzie would like to ask Anonymous, "Anonymous, why did you breathe?"  And Fonzie would venture at least one answer:  Anonymous' mother didn't say, "Anonymous' mother is an atheist and doesn't want to mess with Anonymous right now but instead get on with life, so Anonymouse can breathe". 

Fonzie wants to inform Anonymous that a good apology consists of at the minimum three parts which do not need to necessarily be separated from each other:

• (1) A description of the act for which one is apologizing. 
  • (2) An expression of remorse for that act. 
  • (3) A statement that one will try very hard not to repeat that act.

Okay, I have absolutely no clue what you think you're talking about here, or why you feel the need to start talking to yourself about my mother and apologies.

Look, you asked me to post your lies. I did. Now you're just ignoring them again, so what was the point of asking in the first place ?

Fonzie wrote:
As far as what you regard as "personal attack" - Fonzie wants to mention that personal attack is in the eye of the beholder.  Nikita Khrushchev said for instance of Americans:  "You spit in their face and they call it dew".   What Fonzie has done is essentially the opposite; Fonzie has brought dew and Anonymous has seen spit.

That first lie wasn't about a "personal attack". You're going to skip that one completely ,are you ? Then why did you ask for it ?

If you mean your habit to shout abuse and threats at people, I'm really not sure what's so "dewy" about telling people they're buzzards and insect, and they should die if they're not going to do what you want.

You might as well re-define lying as "talking".

Anyway, the proof of your lies has been provided. Again.

Stop dancing around it and tell me why you lied to us.

Anonymous,

You would do well to consider that you have nothing to take refuge in except your continued demolition (in your eyes) of the gospel and faith and those who stand fast IN THE LORD.

There is no lie - the thing you have a "baby blanket" fixation on.  "Fonzie HAS read Mephosheth's posts". 

You have continually resisted the invitation to lay out your plan for life, your direction for success, your reason for living.  You are the dancer Anonymouse.  This "fill in the blank" question will make you dance again. 

Another thing.  Just because you break my posts up and make a remark about each part doesn't mean you have answered anything.  It's just your way of showing off what you can do with your limitless impudence. 

As for "personal attacks" from me - is it a personal attack to warn a person to get out of a burning building?  Your view proceeds from your unbelief - which you have a right to I know, but from the viewpoint of faith in Christ warning you is no attack.

Here are my questions to you which I have answered for myself:  What is the meaning of life?  What is the meaning of death?  What is worth putting all your heart, soul, mind and strength into in life?  (notice there is no "a" and "b", you aren't limited to my answers, the space is empty, ready to receive yours):::

We know you've read Meph's posts - did you (as many suspect) write them? That is the question that seems to scare you.

Is it a personal attack to want a person to get out of a burning building? No. Would the building be burning if you or the one you serve hadn't started the fire? Probably not.

There have been cases of arsonists who became firefighters because they got a thrill from saving people from what they caused.

I will once again answer your questions as they are asked.

What is the meaning of life?  The meaning of life is what you put into it.

What is the meaning of death?  Death is the end of life. I bring no other meaning to it and so I have no fear of it.

What is worth putting all your heart, soul, mind and strength into in life? Helping other people, making sure that my friends and family have a better chance at improving themselves than I have had.

Ok, your turn.

You say that Christ is the meaning of your life. Is this decision to borrow a meaning rather than create your own based on comfort, fear or laziness?

You say that through Christ death is the passage to a glorious afterlife. I'm glad that brings you contentment. Does that contentment come from a lack of ability to find it in yourself or a lack of desire to do so?

You say that serving Christ is worth putting all your heart, soul, mind and strength into. Is that because of a love for him or because you want to rack up points to make sure you get to heaven? Could it even be that you want to pad your resume so that you can claim to be better than your fellow believers? What makes serving an all powerful being better than helping the people around you?

I won't waste time with the a/b question. You believe your belief is the truth - again, is that due to comfort, fear or laziness?

JcGadfly,

None of your questions scare me and none of the majesty of God apparently awes you.....(now).  There is a designed order to the universe and by the laws set up by God without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.  But by the mercy of the God of the universe Who is serious about this government there is a Way of escape which you take as a joke like Lot's sons-in-law in Sodom. 

Funny you should mention the traitor firefighters using their skills against their intended purpose - you who have shipwrecked your faith now trying to use your now empty knowledge to try and destroy faith.  But then that door only opens from your side, so I digress.

'The meaning of life is what you put into it'.  Ok, talk about dodging a question.  But notice how your answer is "I", "I", "I".  It all depends on you.  You fancy that it is within you to direct your own steps and effect meaning.  This principle is simply a lie and I am doing you a favor by mentioning the fact.  If it was a McDonald's commercial it would be answered by "where's the beef?"  You don't have what it takes to put any substance into life that has eternal value - within yourself, JcGadfly.  You are a severed branch out by yourself.  You have cut yourself off from the vine.  You have no life in yourself.  Your spirit fits your body - weak and beggardly.  All un-necessarily I might add: because you won't submit yourself to the Righteousness of God in Christ.  The problem you had with that was probably your insistence on adding your own "feeling" to the atoning sacrifice of the Lamb of God and not letting it be complete in itself.

'Death is the end of life, I bring no other meaning to it so I have no fear of it'.  You are in a bubble of ignorance in this JcGadfly.  You are your own god (false god) and assign your own meaning so your ostrich approach and positive pretending DIY created lie is that you have pronounced it the end therefore it is, ha.  Your body will be sown in weakness - you won't even be able to bury yourself, yet you pronounce it to be what you pronounce.  Ok, you have a lot of faith in yourself JcGadfly. 

'What is worth putting all your heart soul mind strength into?: ans: 'Helping other people making sure my friends and family have a better chance at improving themselves than I had'.    I believe you sincerely want that but have fallen for a lie about what help and improvement is.  Is it really help to your friends to promote a lie? 

Next you ask if for me Christ was a decision to borrow rather than create my own meaning of life due to fear, laziness, and did I not have the ability to find contentment within myself.  I think it was a matter of losing faith in myself in the respect that you ask.  You might consider that you can't promise anything to these friends and relatives you say you want to help.   You can't promise you'll be there for them tomorrow or even later today.  You can die any time.  God and Christ's promises however are solid rock - and faith takes hold of them. 

If I am right, then those who have faith in Christ are helped eternally. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:None of your

Fonzie wrote:

None of your questions scare me and none of the majesty of God apparently awes you.....(now). 

Then kindly explain why you still (after over a 1000 posts) still haven't answered it.

Since it's been established that you are a liar (thanks to the proof you generously provided), it's not unreasonable to assume you fear a question that, when answered honestly, would make this fact even more unavoidable.

Fonzie wrote:
There is a designed order to the universe and by the laws set up by God without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.  But by the mercy of the God of the universe Who is serious about this government there is a Way of escape which you take as a joke like Lot's sons-in-law in Sodom. 

Funny you should mention the traitor firefighters using their skills against their intended purpose - you who have shipwrecked your faith now trying to use your now empty knowledge to try and destroy faith.  But then that door only opens from your side, so I digress.

"I digress" : understatement of the century. Well, at least you're aware you're doing it. That's a start.

Fonzie wrote:
'The meaning of life is what you put into it'.  Ok, talk about dodging a question.  But notice how your answer is "I", "I", "I".  It all depends on you....

You don't like his answer so you throw some insults at him ? His life itself, and everything in it, is living proof that all your assumptions about him are wrong. If you had read and remembered any of your earlier conversations with him, you would already know that.

See, this is exactly why I didn't see the use of repeating our answers yet again. We've already read all the posts where you express your contempt for us. We got it the first time. What's the use of doing it over and over and over again ? To get as far away as possible from the question that scares you witless ?

These questions, btw, are rethorical.

This one isn't : Why did you lie ?

Fonzie wrote:
'Death is the end of life, I bring no other meaning to it so I have no fear of it'.  You are in a bubble of ignorance in this JcGadfly.  You are your own god (false god) and assign your own meaning so your ostrich approach and positive pretending DIY created lie is that you have pronounced it the end therefore it is, ha.  Your body will be sown in weakness - you won't even be able to bury yourself, yet you pronounce it to be what you pronounce.  Ok, you have a lot of faith in yourself JcGadfly. 

Again, we already know you don't like our answers. Your insults no longer hold any power to provoke us. This has been going on too long for that to still work.

Fonzie wrote:

'What is worth putting all your heart soul mind strength into?: ans: 'Helping other people making sure my friends and family have a better chance at improving themselves than I had'.    I believe you sincerely want that but have fallen for a lie about what help and improvement is.  Is it really help to your friends to promote a lie? 

Right. So basically, your reply to any answer to your question comes down to "you lie !". The problem there is that that's just wishful thinking.

Anyway, you have your answers, and you've expressed your contempt once again. Hope you enjoyed that.

Can we now talk about things that are actually relevant to this discussion ? Such as wether or not anything you've said here is actually true ?

Because your veracity can actually be tested. It was, and you failed.

So now please answer the question : Why did you lie ?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
INTACT-NESS

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
Another thing.  Just because you break my posts up and make a remark about each part doesn't mean you have answered anything.  It's just your way of showing off what you can do with your limitless impudence. 

Being able to use the quote function doesn't make a person impudent. If you think a solid block of text would be more readable, just say so. Personally, I think this makes my comments more clear, and apparently, less easy to ignore.

Anonymouse,

Yes, please keep my posts intact.  We know you know how to use the quote function to a fault, magnifying your impudence. 

And since you are in a conciliatory mood why don't you let people answer for themselves instead of thrusting yourself in the middle of any and every conversation.  Has it ever occurred to you that people have had conversations long before you even breathed (by the grace and mercy of your probably God-fearing mother) and will continue to have conversation after your ship has drifted over the horizon?  Will wisdom die with you? 

It appears you live on this site and for this site, and with such manners displayed I can see it.  You treat the discussion with the respect of current public service announcements.  If you have something sublime to share - why don't you share it?  No, instead of a live broadcast we get a recorded ring-a-ding-ding.  I think your constant insults are intended to mask your lack of mooring.  What have you ever added to the conversation? 

I have stated my purpose here clearly:  Walking with God in Christ through faith works for me.  It's not a mysterious thing - it's real.  I have entered spiritual life in Christ through death in baptism - reborn.  I remember spiritual death and the shallowness of it, the defensiveness of it, the "ring-a-ding-ding" of it, the blindness of it.  It didn't work for me.  It doesn't appear to be working for you.  So I urge what works:  the Righteousness of God in Christ and the Written Word as the Spirit of Christ moved men to write.  It is all One - One LORD, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Yes, please keep my posts intact.  We know you know how to use the quote function to a fault, magnifying your impudence. 

And since you are in a conciliatory mood why don't you let people answer for themselves instead of thrusting yourself in the middle of any and every conversation.  Has it ever occurred to you that people have had conversations long before you even breathed (by the grace and mercy of your probably God-fearing mother) and will continue to have conversation after your ship has drifted over the horizon?  Will wisdom die with you? 

It appears you live on this site and for this site, and with such manners displayed I can see it.  You treat the discussion with the respect of current public service announcements.  If you have something sublime to share - why don't you share it?  No, instead of a live broadcast we get a recorded ring-a-ding-ding.  I think your constant insults are intended to mask your lack of mooring.  What have you ever added to the conversation? 

I have stated my purpose here clearly:  Walking with God in Christ through faith works for me.  It's not a mysterious thing - it's real.  I have entered spiritual life in Christ through death in baptism - reborn.  I remember spiritual death and the shallowness of it, the defensiveness of it, the "ring-a-ding-ding" of it, the blindness of it.  It didn't work for me.  It doesn't appear to be working for you.  So I urge what works:  the Righteousness of God in Christ and the Written Word as the Spirit of Christ moved men to write.  It is all One - One LORD, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all. 

Once again, being able to use the quote function has nothing to do with impudence. It makes a reply easier to read.

But sure, whatever you like.

JC was busy being insulted by yet another christian, so I figured I'd jump in for him. If he minds, he'll let me know. (Btw, why do you keep talking about my mom ?)

As for the rest of your post, well, I'm sorry, but you're taking absurdity to an unheard of level. I answered all your questions, again, so what else do you want from me or anyone else here ?

What have I ever added to the conversation ? Well, there's this question I've been asking for about a year now. It seems to be a very difficult one, as you haven't managed to answer it yet. (You just dodged it again. I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to mention that)

Also, I've pointed out every time your behaviour towards the other posters here was just rude, downright insane, or contradictory to your earlier statements. I can see how that would be annoying to someone who set out to deceive an entire forum.

And now I'll bring something else to the conversation : A warning for those who still think your intention is to have an actual conversation :

Read the "fonzie" quotes I posted in my earlier replies. If you still want to post here after reading those, well, then you'll be knowingly wasting your time.

So why am I still wasting my time here ? Because I want an answer to the only relevant question anyone can ask "fonzie" :

Why did you lie ?

In fact, I think I'll just repost the entire post you just ignored. Give me a sec..

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:None of your

Fonzie wrote:

None of your questions scare me and none of the majesty of God apparently awes you.....(now). 

Then kindly explain why you still (after over a 1000 posts) still haven't answered it.

Since it's been established that you are a liar (thanks to the proof you generously provided), it's not unreasonable to assume you fear a question that, when answered honestly, would make this fact even more unavoidable.

Fonzie wrote:
There is a designed order to the universe and by the laws set up by God without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.  But by the mercy of the God of the universe Who is serious about this government there is a Way of escape which you take as a joke like Lot's sons-in-law in Sodom. 

"I digress" : understatement of the century. Well, at least you're aware you're doing it. That's a start.

Fonzie wrote:
'The meaning of life is what you put into it'.  Ok, talk about dodging a question.  But notice how your answer is "I", "I", "I".  It all depends on you....

You don't like his answer so you throw some insults at him ? His life itself, and everything in it, is living proof that all your assumptions about him are wrong. If you had read and remembered any of your earlier conversations with him, you would already know that.

See, this is exactly why I didn't see the use of repeating our answers yet again. We've already read all the posts where you express your contempt for us. We got it the first time. What's the use of doing it over and over and over again ? To get as far away as possible from the question that scares you witless ?

These questions, btw, are rethorical.

This one isn't : Why did you lie ?

Fonzie wrote:

Again, we already know you don't like our answers. Your insults no longer hold any power to provoke us. This has been going on too long for that to still work.

Fonzie wrote:

Right. So basically, your reply to any answer to your question comes down to "you lie !". The problem there is that that's just wishful thinking.

Anyway, you have your answers, and you've expressed your contempt once again. Hope you enjoyed that.

Can we now talk about things that are actually relevant to this discussion ? Such as wether or not anything you've said here is actually true ?

Because your veracity can actually be tested. It was, and you failed.

So now please answer the question : Why did you lie ?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
SCRATCHED ANONYMOUS OLDIES

Anonymouse wrote:

Anonymouse,

Yes, have no doubt; though the grace of God in Christ seems too good to be true - it is.  And notice that the first ones to be offered Life in Christ were the very ones who killed Him - in Jerusalem.  The ones who escaped obeying that first sermon were offered again in the third, "Whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate..."

It is very possible and illustrative to be stuck on stupid, walking in darkness, giving legal counsel like Job's "friends", so sure and so wrong.  To some degree all our lives are a lie and hypocritical, and the light of Christ puts a microscope on the littlest of wrong thought, wrong motive.  Men of God have shown how afraid they are of small sins.  Daniel would face the lion's teeth rather than stop praying to the true God.  Thanks to Christ and the life He has given I get to live my life in the presence of God - indwelling.  All my ways, thoughts, motives are observed by Him - and I'm conscious of His presence. 

I don't know if you noticed but some thinking themselves religious (you might consider applying that) called our LORD a liar, for instance saying, "destroy this Temple and I will rebuild it in 3 days".   Some call Abraham a liar, but Sarah was his sister.  Both Noah and Abraham walked with God - neither were perfect, but both were justified in the eyes of God by their faith, though there were anonymouse's around them, enemies of God.  But what's true stayed true and will stay true oblivious to theirs and your challenges.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Anonymouse,Yes,

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Yes, have no doubt; though the grace of God in Christ seems too good to be true - it is.  And notice that the first ones to be offered Life in Christ were the very ones who killed Him - in Jerusalem.  The ones who escaped obeying that first sermon were offered again in the third, "Whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate..."

It is very possible and illustrative to be stuck on stupid, walking in darkness, giving legal counsel like Job's "friends", so sure and so wrong.  To some degree all our lives are a lie and hypocritical, and the light of Christ puts a microscope on the littlest of wrong thought, wrong motive.  Men of God have shown how afraid they are of small sins.  Daniel would face the lion's teeth rather than stop praying to the true God.  Thanks to Christ and the life He has given I get to live my life in the presence of God - indwelling.  All my ways, thoughts, motives are observed by Him - and I'm conscious of His presence. 

I don't know if you noticed but some thinking themselves religious (you might consider applying that) called our LORD a liar, for instance saying, "destroy this Temple and I will rebuild it in 3 days".   Some call Abraham a liar, but Sarah was his sister.  Both Noah and Abraham walked with God - neither were perfect, but both were justified in the eyes of God by their faith, though there were anonymouse's around them, enemies of God.  But what's true stayed true and will stay true oblivious to theirs and your challenges.

I didn't ask for any of this. I only asked why you lied.

Look, you keep bringing up all this religious stuff, but it's all completely irrelevant to what you're doing here.

If you were an atheist, I'd ask you exactly the same question.

I told you before, this has nothing to do with your religion. This is all about your dishonesty.

Again : As long as you insist on being dishonest, there really is nothing anyone can discuss with you, without it being a total waste of time. (And that's why I'm going to keep warning other people who show up here, and show them the proof of your lies)

So please, quit stalling and answer the question : Why did you lie ?

(you might want to hurry up, because there are a few follow-up questions)

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Anonymouse

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Anonymouse,

So do you claim to be a friend of God because it's convenient, less fearful or do you actually love this God you claim to serve?

Do you stop where Peter did in Acts - "You killed the Messiah" or do you go on with Paul and say "You killed God"? Messiah and God are not the same thing.

Being called one title was acceptable to Jesus - the other would have offended him. Do you know which title is which?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
DODGE BALL WITH SOAP BUBBLES

Anonymouse wrote:

I didn't ask for any of this. I only asked why you lied.

Look, you keep bringing up all this religious stuff, but it's all completely irrelevant to what you're doing here.

Anonymouse,

Which is why it is impossible to have a meaningful discussion with you.  You hear the gospel in word only but it isn't applied with the Holy Spirit and with conviction.  The seed is sown but is like unused gunpowder in a bag - the power is there but it goes un-applied. 

The name of the division (just in case you have forgotten which part of your "HOME" you are in here)  is "atheist vs theist" - think about that in the light of your statement above. 

Why don't you go ahead and admit you have no meaning or depth.  This is just a word game to you - and to you they are empty words.  They are notes with no gold to back them up.  It's "dodge ball" and you are using soap bubbles. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Which is why it is impossible to have a meaningful discussion with you.  You hear the gospel in word only but it isn't applied with the Holy Spirit and with conviction.  The seed is sown but is like unused gunpowder in a bag - the power is there but it goes un-applied. 

The name of the division (just in case you have forgotten which part of your "HOME" you are in here)  is "atheist vs theist" - think about that in the light of your statement above. 

Why don't you go ahead and admit you have no meaning or depth.  This is just a word game to you - and to you they are empty words.  They are notes with no gold to back them up.  It's "dodge ball" and you are using soap bubbles. 

Again, no answer.

Listen, I'm going to have to repeat this a lot, I know, but I think it might turn out to be worth the effort in the end :

Stop trying to insult me and answer the question I've been asking you for almost a year now. Stop making all this weird analogies that have nothing to do with me, you, or anybody else.

The fact is (and I don't hear you deny it) that you're an ex-troll who registered again after his well-earned banishment.

All I want to know is why you lied to us about that.

Because, you see, if it's worth your while to be dishonest about something as trivial as that, how the heck can we trust anything else you say ?

So again, please answer the question : Why did you lie to us ?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Perfect love casts our

Perfect love casts our fear...except when it comes to questions of identity?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO - EGG - CLUCKING

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Again, no answer.

Listen, I'm going to have to repeat this a lot, I know, but I think it might turn out to be worth the effort in the end :

Stop trying to insult me and answer the question I've been asking you for almost a year now. Stop making all this weird analogies that have nothing to do with me, you, or anybody else.

The fact is (and I don't hear you deny it) that you're an ex-troll who registered again after his well-earned banishment.

All I want to know is why you lied to us about that.

Because, you see, if it's worth your while to be dishonest about something as trivial as that, how the heck can we trust anything else you say ?

So again, please answer the question : Why did you lie to us ?

Anonymous: 

I asked you to produce the lie and after your superior dance you produced none.  There has been no lie, anonymouse, and when pressed you have produced....again, nothing. 

I even gave you a space to paste the "lie" in for all to see.  The fact is I have not lied.  I have not seen the lie you have been blowing about and I don't believe it exists.  You are clouds and wind without rain. 

This is just the fifth string on your banjo you keep droning, droning, droning.  It's not bothering me but it's not selling either.  But I digress.  I haven't seen the lie.  There is no lie just like there is no substance from you, anonymouse. 

Don't you think what you are trying to do with your Delilah (but not pretty) approach is obvious to all?  Don't you think it's obvious you have nothing of substance to discuss? 

It's a sorry tribute to lemming atheists to be silenced by your word games, but it illustrates how void of direction and positive purpose those on this site are when they won't come out and tell how great atheism is - because anonymous says not to.  It's pretty funny to behold.  The "fear of man" forum.  But, the fact is....atheism isn't great.  When they get the barn tore down they'll be tearing up each other - and barnless.

God qualified us in Christ to be translated from this dominion of darkness to the Kingdom of His Beloved Son.  This would be so that those blind who can't find the door yet see the Light can be transferred to a Kingdom where they can have a Supreme Monarch rule in their heart - not a democracy, not a republic or a representative, a priest on earth, a pope on earth, or an anonymouse on earth who represents and stands between you and the TRUTH (a) - instead each has a personal relationship (b) with the King of Kings (a), one on One (a). 

And in this Kingdom of God discussion is not stifled.  The Peace of God rules (b) in the hearts of the subjects.  Fellowship is sweet.  Questions are welcome.  Brotherhood is upheld in the Light of Christ - not scattered to the dark recesses like cockroaches by the "light of darkness".  And this ship is sailing straight toward the Son.  

Ah, anonymouse, I longed to find an egg  in the hen house but all I've found is.... something else.... and a lot of clucking - but no atheist egg. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Anonymous:  I

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymous: 

I asked you to produce the lie and after your superior dance you produced none.  There has been no lie, anonymouse, and when pressed you have produced....again, nothing. 

I even gave you a space to paste the "lie" in for all to see.  The fact is I have not lied.  I have not seen the lie you have been blowing about and I don't believe it exists.  You are clouds and wind without rain.

Ooooookay.....

*sigh* I posted your lies for almost a year. You recently asked me to it again, and I did, in post 1842, so what exactly do you think you're talking about ?

Let's concentrate on your dumbest lie so far :  you pretended you weren't the person who made the "WHAT FAITH YOU" thread.

So this :

Fonzie wrote:
As far as Mephibosheth, I have read some of his posts

is a lie. Unless you're in the habit of referring to yourself in the first person and third person simultaneously, in the same sentence.

The fact is, the posts were yours. Referring to them as "his", is a lie.

So please explain : Why did you lie ?

I'm sorry, but this question remains relevant, unlike your increasingly strange attempts at insulting me.

(and once we've dealt with your lies, we can start on your confusing habit of constantly contradicting yourself)

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:PimpingWolfwood

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Without some divinely defined meaning, the only other meanings we could draw from life are those we assign to it ourselves... And isn't that a liberating thought? Meaning o' death is the ending of life. That one's easy. And whatever I decide I want to put all my heart, soul, mind and strength into is what is worth doing so for.

PimpingWolfwood,

Hahaha. Nothing I posted is even remotely similar to, "live life with gusto," but I understand that you have to make certain ridiculous leaps so that your mischaracterization will make sense. What I said was that in a large way, you define your outlook and it's your characterization of reality that matters. 

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Actually, that would be like feeding a gremlin after midnight. This guy craves ridicule like.....oh, crap. Too late.

Fonzie wrote:
PimpingWolfwood,

Let us finish the conversation we've been trying to have with this guy for over a year now, and then you can jump in, k ? (I still think that reading a few pages of this should show you he's not worth the effort)

As for you, "fonzie": naughty, naughty ! No new atheists for you untill you finish what you started. Reply to our posts, please, so we can finally leave this thread for good.

Shit, sorry. Alright, I am done! No worries!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
PimpingWolfwood

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
PimpingWolfwood,

No big deal - you deserved a non-answer from fonzie.

It seems that when the quartz lamps of scrutiny are turned on fonzie,  his candlelight of Jesus gets dimmer by the second.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WORD ONLY

jcgadfly wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
PimpingWolfwood,

It seems that when the quartz lamps of scrutiny are turned on fonzie,  his candlelight of Jesus gets dimmer by the second.

Yes JcGadfly,

Keep these atheists in line (BOOOOO) so we can discuss here.  Like I say what I found in the atheist chicken house was not eggs.  Pimping Wolfwood mentioned it.  See how easy it is to turn them off and turn them out JcGadfly.  By the way how's that fly coming???

You know JcGadfly you are playing around with what are to you "words only", which is the way you take the gospel.  It finds no place in you, no application, no Spirit's arousal.  But these are and always will be much more than words JcGadfly. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
PimpingWolfwood,

Yes JcGadfly,

Keep these atheists in line (BOOOOO) so we can discuss here.  Like I say what I found in the atheist chicken house was not eggs.  Pimping Wolfwood mentioned it.  See how easy it is to turn them off and turn them out JcGadfly.  By the way how's that fly coming???

You know JcGadfly you are playing around with what are to you "words only", which is the way you take the gospel.  It finds no place in you, no application, no Spirit's arousal.  But these are and always will be much more than words JcGadfly. 

Indeed, there are more than words. Someday yours might make sense.

I would also love for you to discuss things with me. Unfortunately, you've left too many unanswered questions from others that you need to take care of first.

— George Carlin

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
No more feeding the troll,

No more feeding the troll, but I might as well chime in a bit.

So there are a few possibilities. Either Fonzie is a really dedicated troll, he's totally incapable of abstract thought outside of the bounds of his own belief, or a sad mixture of both. So in the first case, there's no use talking to him. He just wants the attention. In the second case, there's no use talking to him. He's a bat-shit insane bigot. In the last case, you have to just understand that as a rational human being, most of what he's typing is contrived, but that after a year and a half, he's sold himself to the topic. You can't just post something that gives him leverage -- you've got to completely destroy him and  make him look foolish in a way that lets him know that he's not good enough at his game to be playing it with adults. Repeatedly. He'll lose his momentum.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
PimpingWolfwood wrote:No

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

So there are a few possibilities. Either Fonzie is a really dedicated troll, he's totally incapable of abstract thought outside of the bounds of his own belief, or a sad mixture of both. So in the first case, there's no use talking to him. He just wants the attention. In the second case, there's no use talking to him. He's a bat-shit insane bigot. In the last case, you have to just understand that as a rational human being, most of what he's typing is contrived, but that after a year and a half, he's sold himself to the topic. You can't just post something that gives him leverage -- you've got to completely destroy him and  make him look foolish in a way that lets him know that he's not good enough at his game to be playing it with adults. Repeatedly. He'll lose his momentum.

Which is what I'm trying to do.

Thanks man. It takes most people too long to figure out what they're dealing with, because he's gotten skilled at hiding it.

I really like this forum and the people who post here, so it pisses me off to see him wasting their time and tempting them into a useless "discussion", which typically starts like this : "I like you and appreciate your reasonable answer", and then switches to stuff like this : "You remind me of the arrogant hypocrites that came to Jesus, trying to trap him..." (Again, talking to the same guy)

So I'm staying here to rub his face in his lies (I know them by heart by now), so nobody else has to.

(oh, and guess what he does when nobody posts in his thread for a while : He starts replying to posts made almost two years ago. I kid you not)

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the forum.

(Like your avatar, btw. Seems he's getting a tv-show soon)

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
BAGGAGE CHECKPOINT

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

Ok, then why don't you bring your case for atheism PW?  I know the basic game is destroy the gospel and faith in the LORD and you can get back to that futile effort later, but where is your atheist good news?  Where is the powerhouse for atheism that will take you all the way and beyond?  What do you have in your cross hairs (not for destruction) but for destination? 

Please don't try to tell me I haven't presented what "works for me".  What I am running on makes nuclear fuel look like baking soda - the Power of the Holy Spirit, the Power that raised Jesus from the dead from the death of Death.  I have a destination - the Marriage Supper of the Lamb of God along with all those who have taken the invitation for more than empty words or a joke (like JcGadfly and what's his name) and have believed in He Whom God has sent, His Beloved Son.  

It's gonna be a party PimpingWolfwood, and a long one at that.  In fact, we are having another "rehearsal dinner" today (you could come).  We are already tasting the heavenly gift here/now.  We have the light of the LORD within us, the microscope on purposes of the heart, dividing bones and marrow.  Light is sweet PimpingWolfwood.  

There is building going on here too both individually and collectively.  There is foundation work - digging and setting only on the solid rock of trust: only trusting in the atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ - not feelings, not works, not ceremonies, not the current of the praise and acceptance of men.  There was of course demolition (and maintenance demolition still) of the old life of sin, the pursuit of life without God (the world) - but we don't live in the tomb or dwell in a spiritual dumpster.  We have come into the light.  We have been translated into the Kingdom of Light in God's Beloved Son, delivered from the trap - the dominion of darkness.

So we haven't made a career out of demolition like you atheists.  We do have a building program going on.  We aren't stationary signposts just pointing either - we are on the road saying, "come", and moving with the greatest company - the LORD, the Holy Ghost, Almighty God and those going with us - plus - surrounded by a cloud of heavenly witnesses, those who have gone before, angels, etc.  It is great to be expressing the inner fire fueled by the Son, eating the bread of heaven and having the fountain of living water within - and getting someplace, PimpingWolfwood, getting someplace.  

PimpingWolfwood, why don't you lay out your life's purpose and meaning and atheist joy for consideration.  You don't need to go into a diatribe of rejection of mine, that's been documented.  Just give your foundation for life, purpose and plan and the noble desires the body of atheists have for all of mankind for ever and ever.  

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

Ok, then why don't you bring your case for atheism PW?  I know the basic game is destroy the gospel and faith in the LORD and you can get back to that futile effort later, but where is your atheist good news?  Where is the powerhouse for atheism that will take you all the way and beyond?  What do you have in your cross hairs (not for destruction) but for destination?

Since these questions has been answered numerous times to your own satisfaction (see quotes I posted), and you later denied ever having received anything but "demolition", just exactly what is the purpose of asking them again ?

Fonzie wrote:
Please don't try to tell me I haven't presented what "works for me".  What I am running on makes nuclear fuel look like baking soda - the Power of the Holy Spirit, the Power that raised Jesus from the dead from the death of Death.  I have a destination - the Marriage Supper of the Lamb of God along with all those who have taken the invitation for more than empty words or a joke (like JcGadfly and what's his name) and have believed in He Whom God has sent, His Beloved Son.  

It's gonna be a party PimpingWolfwood, and a long one at that.  In fact, we are having another "rehearsal dinner" today (you could come).  We are already tasting the heavenly gift here/now.  We have the light of the LORD within us, the microscope on purposes of the heart, dividing bones and marrow.  Light is sweet PimpingWolfwood.  

There is building going on here too both individually and collectively.  There is foundation work - digging and setting only on the solid rock of trust: only trusting in the atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ - not feelings, not works, not ceremonies, not the current of the praise and acceptance of men.  There was of course demolition (and maintenance demolition still) of the old life of sin, the pursuit of life without God (the world) - but we don't live in the tomb or dwell in a spiritual dumpster.  We have come into the light.  We have been translated into the Kingdom of Light in God's Beloved Son, delivered from the trap - the dominion of darkness.

So we haven't made a career out of demolition like you atheists.  We do have a building program going on.  We aren't stationary signposts just pointing either - we are on the road saying, "come", and moving with the greatest company - the LORD, the Holy Ghost, Almighty God and those going with us - plus - surrounded by a cloud of heavenly witnesses, those who have gone before, angels, etc.  It is great to be expressing the inner fire fueled by the Son, eating the bread of heaven and having the fountain of living water within - and getting someplace, PimpingWolfwood, getting someplace. 

If any of that is even remotely true, then why did you lie to us ?

I'm sorry, but before you answer that question, what reason do any of us have to give you the benefit of the doubt yet again ?

Fonzie wrote:
PimpingWolfwood, why don't you lay out your life's purpose and meaning and atheist joy for consideration.  You don't need to go into a diatribe of rejection of mine, that's been documented.  Just give your foundation for life, purpose and plan and the noble desires the body of atheists have for all of mankind for ever and ever.  

Why not ? Because he noticed other people have already done that, and you didn't pay a blind bit of notice.

In other words, because he can read.

Now, will you finally stop running and answer my question :

Why did you lie to us ?

Before anything else can happen, you need to face your own dishonesty.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
A case for atheism? Now he's

A case for atheism? Now he's starting to sound like shockofgod.

You need to steal better material.

Actually, though, the gospel writers put a really great description of you in Jesus' mouth.

All you really have to do is take out the words "teachers of the law and Pharisees" and insert "Christians and followers of Paul". Jesus wouldn't criticize the Pharisees - he was one. He also never abolished the Torah.

— George Carlin

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

My case for atheism? Well, firstly I should note that I am a deist. So my case isn't going to be for atheism, simply one which I feel makes the bible too unlikely to believe. And really, it doesn't take much. The argument that God calls all men to him and yet the fact that Christianity is pretty geographically localized is interesting to say the least. The constant revisions to the Bible are also good arguments to question it. The fact that there is no evidence that any of the miracles described in the Bible actually occured is convincing as well. I mean, you've heard all these arguments before. Smarter people than me have made much more inclusive lists, so I'll bow to their expertise. I'm sure you've seen a few before around here.

And you know, I'm not going to play silly rhetorical games -- that's what the vast majority of your post is. Just bullshit. Saying that being a Christian means that you're building and moving is just plain stupid. You have the same questions atheists have... You just think that fairy-tales can answer them for you. And that's fine, but if you're going to have conversations, I think you should try not to damage your fellow believers' reputations by being so disingenuous.

Seriously. You could've said in one sentence what you loaded into three paragraphs of bullshit. It's a rhetorical tool, and a really obnoxious one.

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Which is what I'm trying to do.

Thanks man. It takes most people too long to figure out what they're dealing with, because he's gotten skilled at hiding it.

I really like this forum and the people who post here, so it pisses me off to see him wasting their time and tempting them into a useless "discussion", which typically starts like this : "I like you and appreciate your reasonable answer", and then switches to stuff like this : "You remind me of the arrogant hypocrites that came to Jesus, trying to trap him..." (Again, talking to the same guy)

So I'm staying here to rub his face in his lies (I know them by heart by now), so nobody else has to.

(oh, and guess what he does when nobody posts in his thread for a while : He starts replying to posts made almost two years ago. I kid you not)

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the forum.

(Like your avatar, btw. Seems he's getting a tv-show soon)

...There's going to be a Sand Man TV show?!

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
PimpingWolfwood

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Yup.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/09/02/sandman-a-game-of-television/

The ways in which they could fuck this up are too varied to even think about, but let's face it, it's a better idea than a movie.

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Yup.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/09/02/sandman-a-game-of-television/

The ways in which they could fuck this up are too varied to even think about, but let's face it, it's a better idea than a movie.

You're right. That's both exciting and horrifying. Sticking out tongue

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ATHEIST/DEIST LIMBO

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

My case for atheism? Well, firstly I should note that I am a deist. So my case isn't going to be for atheism, simply one which I feel makes the bible too unlikely to believe. And really, it doesn't take much. The argument that God calls all men to him and yet the fact that Christianity is pretty geographically localized is interesting to say the least. The constant revisions to the Bible are also good arguments to question it. The fact that there is no evidence that any of the miracles described in the Bible actually occured is convincing as well. I mean, you've heard all these arguments before. Smarter people than me have made much more inclusive lists, so I'll bow to their expertise. I'm sure you've seen a few before around here.

And you know, I'm not going to play silly rhetorical games -- that's what the vast majority of your post is. Just bullshit. Saying that being a Christian means that you're building and moving is just plain stupid. You have the same questions atheists have... You just think that fairy-tales can answer them for you. And that's fine, but if you're going to have conversations, I think you should try not to damage your fellow believers' reputations by being so disingenuous.

Seriously. You could've said in one sentence what you loaded into three paragraphs of bullshit. It's a rhetorical tool, and a really obnoxious one.

PimpingWolfwood,

I'll be brief and there is some static on this line. 

You didn't bring any case then for deism PW.  You have fallen into the one thing I've found that unites you homies on the irrational response squad:  hate for - and what's thought to be - demolition of - along with - the "most clever dissing of God" - competition.  Didn't you make the crowd come alive! 

Forget what you don't and won't know about JESUS, GOD, the HOLY GHOST and the gospel - let's hear what your deism has with you, in you, to lift you up and give you a reason to go on when life gets tough and short and painful.  I'm not asking for a rhetorical game - what is it you live for?  What are the pillars of your life and what is the summit?  And as life goes downhill, what's at the bottom?  What is your read on the panorama of life's stage?  Why are you here and what do you have to say to the world? 

(and, BTW, I'm not referring to what anonymouse tells you to say, unless your goal is pleasing the likes of him and JcGadfly - HA, talk about winning life's limbo!) 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Fonzie,

It pains me to see the depths to which your dishonesty and hypocrisy sink.  In your servile devotion to the jesus-lie, you refuse still to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, namely:  Did you create the "what faith you" thread?  That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm,  and which can be found here

As you wallow in your lies, you have the chris-cancerous hypocrisy to blame others as incapable of meaningless discussion.  The meningitis of christianity has chewed a void in your intellect not even Elvis can fill.

I despair that your voluntary senility is beyond the hope of reconstructive logic to repair.  You could have been a stage hand in Elvis' perpetual Vegas Show; yet you have chosen to become a polyester-wearing transvestite, slurping lithium from an earthenware jug.

Please remove your rancid christ-cancer from my presence.  Dishonesty and intellectual cowardice does not work for me.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

PimpingWolfwood,

You didn't bring any case then for deism PW.  You have fallen into the one thing I've found that unites you homies on the irrational response squad:  hate for - and what's thought to be - demolition of - along with - the "most clever dissing of God" - competition.  Didn't you make the crowd come alive! 

Forget what you don't and won't know about JESUS, GOD, the HOLY GHOST and the gospel - let's hear what your deism has with you, in you, to lift you up and give you a reason to go on when life gets tough and short and painful.  I'm not asking for a rhetorical game - what is it you live for?  What are the pillars of your life and what is the summit?  And as life goes downhill, what's at the bottom?  What is your read on the panorama of life's stage?  Why are you here and what do you have to say to the world? 

(and, BTW, I'm not referring to what anonymouse tells you to say, unless your goal is pleasing the likes of him and JcGadfly - HA, talk about winning life's limbo!) 

Funny how that works, isn't it?

When someone answers fonzie's questions clearly and precisely, all of a sudden he gets static.

And fonzie, thanks for the insults that you claim to never make. No one has to try and please me. It's a shame you can't say the same.

You've even managed to create a god who's sole purpose is to kiss your tush. Why else would he always agree with you?

Do you consult his will or does he ask you for yours?

— George Carlin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:Fonzie,It

zarathustra wrote:

Fonzie,

It pains me to see the depths to which your dishonesty and hypocrisy sink.  In your servile devotion to the jesus-lie, you refuse still to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, namely:  Did you create the "what faith you" thread?  That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm,  and which can be found here.

Oh yeah, it was his third anniversary here two days ago. Time flies when you're having a "discussion"

And that question will soon be one year old, I guess. Still no honest answer.

Yup, that's a "discussion", allright.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:(and, BTW, I'm

Fonzie wrote:

Actually, I told him not to bother with you as you were going to waste his time. He doesn't seem to be listening to me.

Darn, my dastardly plans have been foiled again.

To return to the question I've been patiently repeating for some time now : Why did you lie ?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Fonzie

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Actually, I told him not to bother with you as you were going to waste his time. He doesn't seem to be listening to me.

To return to the question I've been patiently repeating for some time now : Why did you lie ?

Did you have to ask that again?

We just got through cleaning up all the fear piss fonzie made made from the last time you asked.

Smiling <getting out mop and bucket>

— George Carlin

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

I don't need to bring a case for deism. You're not going to convince me that your faith is right by attacking mine -- that's a God of the Gaps argument anyway. And you've got no more evidence that you're answers to those questions are true than I do that mine are. You've adopted the tactic that so many other Christians have of this kind of disingenuous "debate". It doesn't make you right to pick attack someone's beliefs -- at best, it just makes them wrong... Or maybe you can just trick someone with rhetoric into believing they're wrong. But we could play this game with any faith. "Oh, you believe in the FSM? That's silly! He's made of pasta, he can't be real! Muhammad, though, he was a real man!" 

But it's a rhetorical trick. I know what you're doing with your questions.

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Fonzie

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Hahaha. There's nothing else going on around here, so I might as well.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
PimpingWolfwood

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Hahaha. There's nothing else going on around here, so I might as well.

I believe that if a chew toy wants to stick around, all the dogs should have a shot at it.

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHY?

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

I don't need to bring a case for deism. You're not going to convince me that your faith is right by attacking mine -- that's a God of the Gaps argument anyway. And you've got no more evidence that you're answers to those questions are true than I do that mine are. You've adopted the tactic that so many other Christians have of this kind of disingenuous "debate". It doesn't make you right to pick attack someone's beliefs -- at best, it just makes them wrong... Or maybe you can just trick someone with rhetoric into believing they're wrong. But we could play this game with any faith. "Oh, you believe in the FSM? That's silly! He's made of pasta, he can't be real! Muhammad, though, he was a real man!" 

PimpingWolfwood,

I'm not attacking your beliefs - don't even know what they are.  I have laid out mine.  You said you aren't an atheist - but a deist, so I ask what your beliefs are.  Is that an attack?  It's true you don't need to bring a case for deism but if you are a subscriber you have one, right?

You are the deist.  Why? 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

PimpingWolfwood,

I'm not attacking your beliefs - don't even know what they are.  I have laid out mine.  You said you aren't an atheist - but a deist, so I ask what your beliefs are.  Is that an attack?  It's true you don't need to bring a case for deism but if you are a subscriber you have one, right?

You are the deist.  Why? 

He laid out his case, fonzie. You missed it.

— George Carlin

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

You are the deist.  Why? 

Lol. I'll be more blunt. Why would you ask me what my beliefs are if you don't plan on attacking them? Are you just curious, then?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
DISCUSS

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

You are the deist.  Why? 

Lol. I'll be more blunt. Why would you ask me what my beliefs are if you don't plan on attacking them? Are you just curious, then?

PimpingWolfwood,

Well it is a discussion forum.  This is the atheist vs theist section.  You came on attacking my beliefs, so I assumed you think you have something better.  Are you on shaky ground there? 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood,

Well it is a discussion forum.

LOL !!!!!

Finally noticed that, have you ? Have you also noticed how you still haven't managed to finish a single discussion you started ?

Not. A. Single. One.

Fonzie wrote:
  This is the atheist vs theist section.  You came on attacking my beliefs, so I assumed you think you have something better.

To borrow one of your expressions, that wasn't an "attack", it was "dew".

Gee, why would you want to mischaracterize someone's words like that ?

Are you on shaky ground there ?

Fonzie wrote:
Are you on shaky ground there?

He's a deist. Look it up and realise what you just implied.

Here, I'll help you out :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Poor Fonzie. He's just so

Poor Fonzie. He's just so persecuted.

I mean - he asks questions and people answer them.

Then they ask him questions...oh the horror!

Fonzie, in case you haven't figured this out - the nice gadfly is leaving the building to get his titanium mandibles.

— George Carlin

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Transvestite Lithium Slurper wrote:
Well it is a discussion forum.  This is the atheist vs theist section.  You came on attacking my beliefs, so I assumed you think you have something better.  Are you on shaky ground there? 

Fonzie,

It pains me to see how shakily you tread through your delusion-ridden life.  You are too cognitively blind with stigmatism to see the dishonesty and hypocrisy that stream from each of your bruised orifices.  You censure others for what you perceive as their dilatoriness in discussion; yet time and again you yourself shirk any semblance of integrity in discussion.  Following the cowardly trend set by the non-existent jesus, you dodge clearly outlined discussion points:

Quote:
In your servile devotion to the jesus-lie, you refuse still to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, namely:  Did you create the "what faith you" thread?  That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm,  and which can be found here

Such pathogenic lying is not to be tolerated.  I must ask again:  Please remove your rancid christ-cancer from my presence.  Dishonesty and intellectual cowardice does not work for me.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

PimpingWolfwood
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood, 

You don't get it. You can't convince me that your faith is right by bashing mine. Even if I am totally wrong about absolutely everything I believe, that doesn't make anything you believe true -- just means that I am wrong. So attacking my beliefs is silly. The only way to convert me to your faith is to prove the assertions of your faith true. Which you can't do. So you resort to this ridiculous, disingenuous tactic.

Given that, I'll still answer your questions if you want. I'm not weak in what I believe... I just know what you're trying to do.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
If PimpingWolfwood is a

If PimpingWolfwood is a deist, why does he have an atheist badge?

jcgadfly wrote:

Poor Fonzie. He's just so persecuted.

I mean - he asks questions and people answer them.

Then they ask him questions...oh the horror!

Lol.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO COMMENT UNLESS ASKED PW

PimpingWolfwood wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

PimpingWolfwood, 

You don't get it. You can't convince me that your faith is right by bashing mine. Even if I am totally wrong about absolutely everything I believe, that doesn't make anything you believe true -- just means that I am wrong. So attacking my beliefs is silly. The only way to convert me to your faith is to prove the assertions of your faith true. Which you can't do. So you resort to this ridiculous, disingenuous tactic.

Given that, I'll still answer your questions if you want. I'm not weak in what I believe... I just know what you're trying to do.

PimpingWolfwood,

No, go ahead and state your beliefs.  I won't say anything about them unless you ask me.  I'm just curious what you think is better than Christ and the gospel - and that's it.  If you don't want any comment out of me about your beliefs that's fine with me. 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
REAL MEN

zarathustra wrote:

Transvestite Lithium Slurper wrote:

Fonzie,

It pains me to see how shakily you tread through your delusion-ridden life.  You are too cognitively blind with stigmatism to see the dishonesty and hypocrisy that stream from each of your bruised orifices.  You censure others for what you perceive as their dilatoriness in discussion; yet time and again you yourself shirk any semblance of integrity in discussion.  Following the cowardly trend set by the non-existent jesus, you dodge clearly outlined discussion points:

Quote:
In your servile devotion to the jesus-lie, you refuse still to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, namely:  Did you create the "what faith you" thread?  That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm,  and which can be found here

Such pathogenic lying is not to be tolerated.  I must ask again:  Please remove your rancid christ-cancer from my presence.  Dishonesty and intellectual cowardice does not work for me.

Zarathrusta,

I've noticed how real men always tell you how real they are, so you have my due respect.  I can also tell you are happy with your honesty and intellectual courage - it radiates.  And seriously, BTW, there's no need for you to suffer pain over me.  Don't carry that.

Just know there has been no lie produced Zarathustra - by me.  The things you have said about Jesus however are lies flowing from total blindness and set the standard of delusion beyond universe reach.  

Know this; with less than a glance Jesus could have called 10,000 angels (1 was plenty) to rescue Him from the beating and torture to the death of Death He took for you and me.  And almost His dying breath was used to say, "Father forgive them, they know not what they do".  God it seems was honoring that prayer by offering the gospel forgiveness in Christ first to the very ones who killed Jesus in Jerusalem - again and again. 

Jesus didn't even talk about what a real man's Man He was - guess He didn't feel the need.  He sure doesn't need to for me.