Us Christians wont be antiatheist

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Us Christians wont be antiatheist

YOU RESPOND. (is it illegal for us to think she's pretty?)

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: NISSSI HOLLER
Date: Dec 5 2006 8:10 PM

Aw, i feel so bad for you.
so lost and think you can live your own life without depending on anyone else.
Dont worry though, us christians, we wont have ANTI ATHEIST stuff or make mean icons about you guys. No, we'll pray for you.

God Bless!


- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
Posts: 461
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:YOU RESPOND.

Sapient wrote:
YOU RESPOND. (is it illegal for us to think she's pretty?)

Quote:

Aw, i feel so bad for you.
so lost and think you can live your own life without depending on anyone else.
Dont worry though, us christians, we wont have ANTI ATHEIST stuff or make mean icons about you guys. No, we'll pray for you.

God Bless!


No, she's very attractive, Sapient. ^_^
I know I can't live my life without depending on anyone else. That's why I have friends and family, and I help them when they need me. And I hate to be the one to tell you that many christians DO have anti-atheist sites, and frequently send the RRS and other prominent atheists and atheist groups hate mail and death threats.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Aw, i feel so

Sapient wrote:
Aw, i feel so bad for you.
so lost and think you can live your own life without depending on anyone else.

LOST? WTF?

Sapient wrote:
Dont worry though, us christians, we wont have ANTI ATHEIST stuff or make mean icons about you guys.

Too late, there are many christian based anti atheist stuff.
In fact america (In which the xians for a majority) is almost completely anti atheist.

Sapient wrote:
No, we'll pray for you.
\

I will eat cheese for you too.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


The_Fragile
The_Fragile's picture
Posts: 102
Joined: 2006-07-16
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:YOU RESPOND.

Sapient wrote:
YOU RESPOND. (is it illegal for us to think she's pretty?)

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: NISSSI HOLLER
Date: Dec 5 2006 8:10 PM

Aw, i feel so bad for you.
so lost and think you can live your own life without depending on anyone else.
Dont worry though, us christians, we wont have ANTI ATHEIST stuff or make mean icons about you guys. No, we'll pray for you.

God Bless!


A little to late for that I think.

I hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
living inside of me
to murder everything.
I hope they cannot see
I am the great destroyer.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
She is cute. And we'll think

She is cute. And we'll think for her.


TheSarge
BloggerHigh Level Donor
TheSarge's picture
Posts: 60
Joined: 2006-12-13
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:YOU RESPOND.

Sapient wrote:
YOU RESPOND. (is it illegal for us to think she's pretty?)

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: NISSSI HOLLER
Date: Dec 5 2006 8:10 PM

Aw, i feel so bad for you.
so lost and think you can live your own life without depending on anyone else.
Dont worry though, us christians, we wont have ANTI ATHEIST stuff or make mean icons about you guys. No, we'll pray for you.

God Bless!



Pity. Why are all the pretty ones incapable of free thought?

Anyway, I have to ask her something. Has she ever shot and killed anyone? As in has she ever had an irrational person run at her while wearing an explosive vest? Has she ever shot that person and watched them die? Or did God Himself come down from the heavens and defend her against the man who wants her dead? god didn't help me there at all. I shot the man four times, three times in the chest, once in the head, and I had to sit there while our convoy was stopped and watch the man die. Barring the fact that God is scientifically impossible, he's simply not there. Why does he want us to love him unconditionally, yet he doesn't want us to test him? Why is he so willing to kill upwards of two million people in the Bible, but he's not willing to save one life?

Believing in God is a lot like doing a jump while wearing an invisible parachute. You don't see it, you don't feel it, you don't know its there, but you have faith that at the end of the four seconds, that invisible parachute is going to deploy and you'll be just fine... Okay... Where is it? I know its there... Why hasn't it - *SPLAT!*


Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
Posts: 210
Joined: 2006-08-27
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Quote:

From: NISSSI HOLLER
Date: Dec 5 2006 8:10 PM

Aw, i feel so bad for you.
so lost and think you can live your own life without depending on anyone else.

When you say "anybody else" I assume you are actually referring to god, instead of people. In that case, it makes much more sense.
However, we're here to tell you that we are already doing so successfully. Being an atheist and having a good life are not mutually exclusive. Ask Bill Gates.

Quote:
Dont worry though, us christians, we wont have ANTI ATHEIST stuff or make mean icons about you guys.
unfortunately there are plenty of Christians who don't have this attitude; That is one of the biggest reasons why sites like this exist.
Look at this, for example:
Quote:

Myspace author page

ur a freaking retard man God is real and hes there ur jsut a mentally retarded fag that need s a freaking life u dumb ass fuk nut get a freaking life and go back to sea world bitch

Quote:
No, we'll pray for you.
Statistically, prayer does nothing.

Quote:
God Bless!
and we'll think for you.


MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
TheSarge wrote: Sapient

TheSarge wrote:
Sapient wrote:
YOU RESPOND. (is it illegal for us to think she's pretty?)
Quote:
----------------- Original Message ----------------- From: NISSSI HOLLER Date: Dec 5 2006 8:10 PM Aw, i feel so bad for you. so lost and think you can live your own life without depending on anyone else. Dont worry though, us christians, we wont have ANTI ATHEIST stuff or make mean icons about you guys. No, we'll pray for you. God Bless!
Pity. Why are all the pretty ones incapable of free thought? Anyway, I have to ask her something. Has she ever shot and killed anyone? As in has she ever had an irrational person run at her while wearing an explosive vest? Has she ever shot that person and watched them die? Or did God Himself come down from the heavens and defend her against the man who wants her dead? god didn't help me there at all. I shot the man four times, three times in the chest, once in the head, and I had to sit there while our convoy was stopped and watch the man die. Barring the fact that God is scientifically impossible, he's simply not there. Why does he want us to love him unconditionally, yet he doesn't want us to test him? Why is he so willing to kill upwards of two million people in the Bible, but he's not willing to save one life? Believing in God is a lot like doing a jump while wearing an invisible parachute. You don't see it, you don't feel it, you don't know its there, but you have faith that at the end of the four seconds, that invisible parachute is going to deploy and you'll be just fine... Okay... Where is it? I know its there... Why hasn't it - *SPLAT!*

 

Nice post.  BTW, I got to ride in a C130 once with a bunch of sweaty marines. (It was awesome, heehee).  I paid $20 to take a hop to Japan.  One of the engines cut out and I was freaking out but the marines assured me that I'd be alright.  (I was in the Navy in the PI)


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
TheSarge, thank you for

TheSarge, thank you for your post.  I know you probably hear lots of Christians say things like, "Well, those people are crazy because their god doesn't exist and Satan has deceived them."  I'm continually amazed at the inability of man to notice the mote in his own eye, to borrow the biblical phrase.

 I also know, because my father was a marine, just how polarized the armed services are politically and religiously, and I can only imagine how tough it must be to be forced into a religious war... forced to kill a man in the name of a god who doesn't exist any more than the one the dead guy in front of you used to believe in.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism