more than the book of God, so don't judge me as a fanatical Christian, or
a Christian at all for that matter. Why end Christmas? Why convert people
who believe in something to believe in anything else? Even if they DID
believe that God is the almighty savior, or whatever they may believe,
according to you, nothing would happen anyway, as this is our one and only
life. So, I ask you to explain to me how ending Christmas will have any
postive affect on society as a whole, as opposed to keeping your
oppression towards believing in a higher authority and expressing your
opinions to yourselves, and not trying to force your beliefs onto others?

Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, religion has had the
greatest impact on every culture on Earth, and ighting against this commin
fact will only make the world's diverse cultures more identical than they
already are, and soon enough, we'll all be the same people. Let me repeat
myself, I am not a fanatical Chirstian. In fact, I do not believe in a
God. I believe in science.

So, I'll ask again. what's the point? If anything, your cause is likely to
start a war, like the very religions you feel "cause all of the world's
problems". Handing out Atheist DVDs to Christians is a ridciulous way to
gain attention, as you can't chage what is instilled into the minds of
people since they were born. Religion becomes instinct as far as I'm
concerned, and if you can't take the wild out of the tiger, you can't take
the religion out of the believer.

Thanks for listening, regardless if you answer or not.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I fail to see how

Quote:
I fail to see how ending Christmas will have any postive affect on the world at all.

"Our goal is to encourage Christians to view this movie with the hope that they will begin to question the validity of their erroneous beliefs. We place thought provoking flyers, and educate the public on the true origins of the Christmas holiday season (nothing to do with Christ)." www.endchristmas.com

Quote:
Personally, I view The Holy Bible as a book of life lessons more than the book of God, so don't judge me as a fanatical Christian, or a Christian at all for that matter.

Deuteronomy 21: 21-18 "If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

What lesson should a learn from that?

Quote:
Why end Christmas?

See link in first answer

Quote:
Why convert people who believe in something to believe in anything else? Even if they DID believe that God is the almighty savior, or whatever they may believe, according to you, nothing would happen anyway, as this is our one and only life. So, I ask you to explain to me how ending Christmas will have any postive affect on society as a whole, as opposed to keeping your oppression towards believing in a higher authority and expressing your opinions to yourselves, and not trying to force your beliefs onto others?

One aren't you trying to convence me of something you believe?

The why answer differs from person to person, but here are responses to those kinds of questions.

Quote:
Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, religion has had the greatest impact on every culture on Earth,

Great as in large does not always mean great as in good.

Quote:
and ighting against this commin fact will only make the world's diverse cultures more identical than they already are, and soon enough, we'll all be the same people.

First atheists only agree on one thing and there are even degrees of that. Second there is something called globelization. Third there seems to be a shift in how cultures work with new technologies. Basically the divitions of culture are shifting from less location based to tastes based. Like the cultures that are forming around music. And then there are even divitons with in those divitions.

Quote:
Let me repeat myself, I am not a fanatical Chirstian. In fact, I do not believe in a God. I believe in science.

If that is the case I fail to see why you would have a problem with a world that bases knowledge on reason.

Quote:
So, I'll ask again. what's the point? If anything, your cause is likely to start a war, like the very religions you feel "cause all of the world's problems". Handing out Atheist DVDs to Christians is a ridciulous way to gain attention,

Um doing something gets way more attention then just talking on a forum...

Quote:
as you can't chage what is instilled into the minds of people since they were born. Religion becomes instinct as far as I'm concerned, and if you can't take the wild out of the tiger, you can't take the religion out of the believer.

I think RRS has had success and there are Christians who become atheist so I have more reason to believe it is possible.

Quote:

Also read this for more on the War on Christmas.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
You will try, you will fail.

Quote:
I believe in science.

Ooops, you failed.
Try again.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I fail to see how

Quote:
I fail to see how ending Christmas will have any postive affect on the world at all. Personally, I view The Holy Bible as a book of life lessons more than the book of God, so don't judge me as a fanatical Christian, or a Christian at all for that matter. Why end Christmas?
the War on Christmas is satiric. you lose.

Quote:
Why convert people who believe in something to believe in anything else?
in our case, we hold the most logical position, since we base our beliefs (or lack of) on evidence, and the scientific process.

Quote:
Even if they DID believe that God is the almighty savior, or whatever they may believe, according to you, nothing would happen anyway, as this is our one and only life.
this being our only life, why waste it on religion?

Quote:
So, I ask you to explain to me how ending Christmas will have any postive affect on society as a whole
the War on Christmas is satiric. you lose again.

Quote:
as opposed to keeping your oppression towards believing in a higher authority and expressing your opinions to yourselves, and not trying to force your beliefs onto others?
and just let the general intelligence of humanity keep circling downwards?

again, our position is the logical one. we [RRS, but not all atheists] follow the scientific method and use evidence to demonstrate our point(s).

Quote:
Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, religion has had the greatest impact on every culture on Earth
tell that the the Muslims in the crusades, or the "witches" burned, or the women whose rights are being taken away by Islam.

Quote:
and ighting against this commin fact
see above.

Quote:
will only make the world's diverse cultures more identical than they already are
more identical? how the fuck does that work?

Quote:
and soon enough, we'll all be the same people.
but with better mental tools.

Quote:
Let me repeat myself
ad-nausium?

Quote:
I am not a fanatical Chirstian. In fact, I do not believe in a God.
then how the fuck are you a "Chirstian"?

Quote:
I believe in science.
you lose. science is not something to "believe in". it is a methodology to follow in order to find facts.

Quote:
So, I'll ask again. what's the point?
the sharp end of an object?

seriously now. the point is to seek and teach the actual truth, and give people the right tools to do the same.

Quote:
If anything, your cause is likely to start a war, like the very religions you feel "cause all of the world's problems".
oh yeah, we're going to start a war over a non-belief!

Quote:
Handing out Atheist DVDs to Christians is a ridciulous way to gain attention
for starters, that's subjective.

Quote:
as you can't chage what is instilled into the minds of people since they were born.
tell that to many of the ex-theists here.

Quote:
Religion becomes instinct as far as I'm concerned, and if you can't take the wild out of the tiger, you can't take the religion out of the believer.
false analogy. the tiger's instincts are genetically encoded. religious belief is not.

Quote:
let me ask you, what was the point of your message?