Nothing but Jesus

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Nothing but Jesus

Ok lets start here.....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away. I lied to my command about it, and everything got found out. I faced non-judicial punishment (losing rank and pay), as well as a felony conviction on the civilian side. The night after I got back from the police station, I got on my knees and cried out to God, committing myself to him. This girl I had been dating had pulled me away from the church, and I ran back. After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

In 2006, the morning after watch, i ran into some friends that wanted to go to the beach. We ended up at this really high cliff and the dude jumped, then we went to a lower one (like 10 ft) and I jumped. I had no swimming gear. I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

Shortly before the swimming accident in 2006, I had been driving some friends to visit another friend in the hospital (she took a face plant riding a moped), and on the way back from the hospital, they are sitting the back seat of my jeep (it was a wrangler), and one of them just happened to whip out a joint. I freak out because i'm in the military with a zero tolerance policy, and my freak out caused me to run a red light infront of a cop. I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Those were the things in my life that immediately came to mind, but there have been too many "close calls" and coincidences that they couldn't be either. ONLY JESUS.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Only Selective Reasoning

JesusLovesYou wrote:
....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away...After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

What exactly did jesus do?  Magically persuade the court not to NJP you?  (Incidentally, did jesus also magically repair the bus?)

JesusLovesYou wrote:
...I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

What exactly did jesus do?  Magically conjure some rescue swimmers to be nearby?  

JesusLovesYou wrote:
...I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

What did jesus do?  Momentarily shut off the cop's olfactory senses?

JesusLovesYou wrote:
In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

What did jesus do?  Take control of your and/or her mind to move to Chicago so you could meet?

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

What did jesus do?  Alter her mind to get over any inhibitions about your past?  (Incidentally, was jesus ok with you hiding your past from the woman of your dreams?)

JesusLovesYou wrote:
On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5130
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Hi JLY welcome back

 

haven't we 'started here' a couple of times before? God didn't give you a second chance, people did. 

You are doing no more than insisting everything that's happened to you that's fortuitous was miraculous. 

Everything you list is the product of happy chance and universal human kindness - that thing your sort denies exists. 

I'm sure the gaols, cancer wards, spinal units and asylums of the world are full of people thinking: FUCKING JESUS. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Ok lets

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Ok lets start here.....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away. I lied to my command about it, and everything got found out. I faced non-judicial punishment (losing rank and pay), as well as a felony conviction on the civilian side. The night after I got back from the police station, I got on my knees and cried out to God, committing myself to him. This girl I had been dating had pulled me away from the church, and I ran back. After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

Ah, so Jesus supports lying scumbags. 

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

In 2006, the morning after watch, i ran into some friends that wanted to go to the beach. We ended up at this really high cliff and the dude jumped, then we went to a lower one (like 10 ft) and I jumped. I had no swimming gear. I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

The rescue swimmers were Jesus? Why would Jesus need to swim to save you? Couldn't he just walk?

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Shortly before the swimming accident in 2006, I had been driving some friends to visit another friend in the hospital (she took a face plant riding a moped), and on the way back from the hospital, they are sitting the back seat of my jeep (it was a wrangler), and one of them just happened to whip out a joint. I freak out because i'm in the military with a zero tolerance policy, and my freak out caused me to run a red light infront of a cop. I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

Huh, so Jesus supports smoking pot too. Good to know, I like pot. 

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

I wouldn't thank anyone if I ended up living in Chicago. 

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

So you didn't learn to stop your lying from the earlier incident? Not only does Jesus love liars, he apparently doesn't expect you to learn from your mistakes. Must be nice to be able to count on him to bail you out every time.

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:
 

On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

Or you know, you could thank the hard working medical professionals who have dramatically increased the survival rates of premature babies. Apparently Jesus didn't give a fuck about premature babies 100 years ago.

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:
 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Those were the things in my life that immediately came to mind, but there have been too many "close calls" and coincidences that they couldn't be either. ONLY JESUS.

Is your hypothesis that people who don't believe in Jesus don't have similar experiences in their lives? I hate to break it to you, but you aren't special. I doubt there is a single person on this site who can't come up with similar experiences off the top of their head. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5130
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

 

Beyond Saving wrote:

Or you know, you could thank the hard working medical professionals who have dramatically increased the survival rates of premature babies. Apparently Jesus didn't give a fuck about premature babies 100 years ago.

 

Yes, think of the terrible death agonies of billions who suffered before medical science. Maybe at the sermon on the mount jesus should have left off the stoic monologue and taught the people how to make soap. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:I'm

Atheistextremist wrote:

I'm sure the gaols, cancer wards, spinal units and asylums of the world are full of people thinking: FUCKING JESUS. 

I was actually thinking of a number of close calls I had where I called out to "OH SHIT" and things didn't turn out as bad as feared. I suppose I should start going to the church of Oh Shit and thank shit for all my good fortune. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I was

Beyond Saving wrote:

 

I was actually thinking of a number of close calls I had where I called out to "OH SHIT" and things didn't turn out as bad as feared. I suppose I should start going to the church of Oh Shit and thank shit for all my good fortune. 

 

Sprayed beer all over my computer while reading that one Beyond. Damn that was great. I am going to HAVE  to use that sometime. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Ok lets

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Ok lets start here.....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away. I lied to my command about it, and everything got found out. I faced non-judicial punishment (losing rank and pay), as well as a felony conviction on the civilian side. The night after I got back from the police station, I got on my knees and cried out to God, committing myself to him. This girl I had been dating had pulled me away from the church, and I ran back. After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

In 2006, the morning after watch, i ran into some friends that wanted to go to the beach. We ended up at this really high cliff and the dude jumped, then we went to a lower one (like 10 ft) and I jumped. I had no swimming gear. I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

Shortly before the swimming accident in 2006, I had been driving some friends to visit another friend in the hospital (she took a face plant riding a moped), and on the way back from the hospital, they are sitting the back seat of my jeep (it was a wrangler), and one of them just happened to whip out a joint. I freak out because i'm in the military with a zero tolerance policy, and my freak out caused me to run a red light infront of a cop. I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Those were the things in my life that immediately came to mind, but there have been too many "close calls" and coincidences that they couldn't be either. ONLY JESUS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE.

Quote:
while deaths number 56 million per year, and are expected to increase to 80 million per year by 2040.

 

56 MILLION DEATHS WORLDWIDE UNDER THE ALLEGED WATCH OF YOUR GOD CHARACTER.

You suffer from sample rate error and selection bias.

The reality is that EVERY HUMAN will go through good and bad to varying degrees and everyone will die from something at some point.

 

I do not see any magic in survival and or death, BOTH have happened and have always happened. No god needed to explain either the good or bad in our existence.

 

Now, your kid is special TO YOU, and even atheist parents would say their kids are special to them. But no human past or present is special to our species evolution. If one human, kid or adult dies, there are still other humans that will go on to live and make more babies.

 

If you can accept that Allah did not save your kid, and Vishnu did not save your kid, and Yahweh did not save your kid, and Thor did not save your kid, we'd suggest that your God does not exist, and the survival is based on both luck and DOCTORS.

 

The only difference between you and an atheist is that we simply reject one more god claim than you do. Understand why you reject all other claims and you'll understand why we reject your claim as well.

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Yeah right

 

 

                I agree with Beyond Saving on his Chicago comment,  In fact I agree with most of Beyonds comments on this OP.

 

                Jesuslovesyou  my sister in law had a son back on June 27, he was due on Sept. 1  that's 9  weeks early. At 1.9 lbs he didn't have much of a chance. HE is still with us at 10 pounds +,  his parents credit medical science; his grandmothers credit Rama & Vishnu. 

 

                 Just like you jesuslovesyou I don't think  Rama or Vishnu had a thing to do  with it; so why would     any rational person buy into JC vs. R& V?

 

 

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13069
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra and Beyond

zarathustra and Beyond Saving answered this topic too well for me to do more than agree with their responses.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
I get the feeling

 I get the feeling that this may be the work of a POE more than anything else. 

 However, I have encountered many a theist with that same thought pattern. 

There is this one dude that I am unfortunate enough to work with that is forever prattling on about "I inherited my uncle's house, I have this and I have that...(long and boring list) this is definite proof that GOD IS WORKING IN MY LIFE"

 

(Deliberately inserted all the caps because he has to say it in this huge profound voice like he is just so far above me).

My answer is : So people sleeping under bridges, without homes, eating out of garbage cans and facing bankruptcy are not loved by god ? 

This is the same type of thinking with people that I have encountered (and have been guilty of falling prey to it myself, even  after becoming an Atheist) where you hear a song on the radio that is appropriate for you or see something on the television that happens to coincide with something that is going on in your life and almost feel like it has something to do with you.

The cure ? When I hear a song on the radio station that applies to something, my immediate thought is how ridiculous it is. Why ? Because there are people all over the city, listening to that song, but somehow I am supposed to believe that the entire radio station, the DJ, and the timing of turning the radio on was all set up on a paranormal stage for me to hear it ? 

I believe it was Michael Shermer that wrote "Why people believe weird things." 

I definitely recommend it to anyone that suffers from the phenomena. Only problem is, in order to overcome irrational thinking of any sort (and no one overcomes it 100% probably) one has to realize that their thinking is irrational on the front end. 

Now, I know this sounds like basic common sense and stuff that most people should have learned when they found out there was no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, but it is rather surprising. 

If I can find the article somewhere, I remember reading a scientific piece not too long ago, that actually stated that the more people who put "faith" into something are actually presented with evidence to the contrary, the MORE it actually drives them INTO their faith. Which is probably not completely true, but I have seen this happen. If I can find the article, I'll post it in another thread. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 482
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
jly

 Hello jly. I used to "walk" with jesus and thought along the same lines as you. Like myself, im sure your testimonies are glorious and re-affirmed by the other christians you surround yourself with, and shrugged off by the heathens that must find you arrogant to think that your special friend is aligning the stars for you.  Of course I knew it was all jesus and my faith working for me.

I knew a cute lil hippie chick who had the same faith in her lucky mojo bag hangin round her neck. Seriously she was afraid to leave home without it. She would claim that when shit went bad for her she realized she didnt have her mojo on at the time. 

Ridiculous you say? 

So what would you say to a muslim fellow who made the same exact post as you but replaced jesus with muhammad? 

Ridiculous also?

I assume you come here to be challenged because you surely know your testimony holds no merit here with the unfaithful.

 

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4109
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
I guess Jesus hates amputees

I guess Jesus hates amputees because they never get their limbs to grow back.

I guess Jesus hates Seattle Mariners fans because they have never won a World Series (or gone to one).

I guess Jesus hates Cleveland Browns fans because they have never won a Super Bowl (or gone to one).

I could go on, and on, and on with this but I don't want to confuse you any more than you are already. Praying to a dead frog would get you the same results as if you were praying to your false savior.

For that matter, you could compare all the good things which happened to people who didn't pray and get a higher percentage of "good things" happening than if you prayed to your fantasy god.

People who pray for specific things are often disappointed; and I bet you either have been disappointed already or will be soon enough given that the odds are against you.

Oh, and when your prayers aren't answered then don't say "the answer was no" because you have already tried to convince us that praying to your invisible friend is a sure thing.

 

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Quote:What did jesus do?

Quote:

What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)

She was born prematurely to Glorify God. Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Quote:

What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)

She was born prematurely to Glorify God. Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

Bullshit. That is your emotions, not reality. In reality there are tons of women and children who die in child birth. Not to mention only ONE sperm gets to the egg. Not counting all the fucking that does nothing which far outweighs the success.

Do you think that because we are atheists, the atheists who have kids cant feel the same sense of awe and relief if their kid survives? There is only one species and none of our species is under the watch of a cosmic security guard.

You fucked and had a kid, big deal. We are glad for you that your kid survived, but it was NOT magic and had nothing to do with a God.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Quote:

What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)

She was born prematurely to Glorify God. Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

If a human did anything of the sort (hurt someone to sell you the cure, or even hurt someone to cure them for free, in order to seem like a great healer), you would call them a monster. Hold your god to the same standard. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
You know JesusLovesYou,

 

JLY wrote:
. . was a testimony. .

 

   . . Okay,  And . .

  Back  in  Oct of 2012 . .

 "You know JesusLovesYou, you are allowed to return to a thread [MORE THAN ONCE] and actually respond to what people say and then they will say something back. It is called having a conversation. I would think with your recent marriage counseling that you would be on top of that"  


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5130
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
If you apply this logic globally

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Quote:

What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)

She was born prematurely to Glorify God. Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

 

then every massacre, birth deformity and instant of human and animal suffering denigrates god. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
 How many of these trips to

 How many of these trips to the hospital have been paid?

Is god going to pay the NICU bill? Isn't that like $10k per day?

Do you sleep at night or do you lay awake fretting jesus may not be there the next time you put yourself in one of those bad situations?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: How many

darth_josh wrote:

 How many of these trips to the hospital have been paid?

Is god going to pay the NICU bill? Isn't that like $10k per day?

Do you sleep at night or do you lay awake fretting jesus may not be there the next time you put yourself in one of those bad situations?

Navy paid her NICU bill. Jesus is ALWAYS there. There is no need to worry that He won't be. He is creator God almighty.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
Posts: 148
Joined: 2011-11-30
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Ok lets

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Ok lets start here.....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away. I lied to my command about it, and everything got found out. I faced non-judicial punishment (losing rank and pay), as well as a felony conviction on the civilian side. The night after I got back from the police station, I got on my knees and cried out to God, committing myself to him. This girl I had been dating had pulled me away from the church, and I ran back. After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

In 2006, the morning after watch, i ran into some friends that wanted to go to the beach. We ended up at this really high cliff and the dude jumped, then we went to a lower one (like 10 ft) and I jumped. I had no swimming gear. I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

Shortly before the swimming accident in 2006, I had been driving some friends to visit another friend in the hospital (she took a face plant riding a moped), and on the way back from the hospital, they are sitting the back seat of my jeep (it was a wrangler), and one of them just happened to whip out a joint. I freak out because i'm in the military with a zero tolerance policy, and my freak out caused me to run a red light infront of a cop. I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Those were the things in my life that immediately came to mind, but there have been too many "close calls" and coincidences that they couldn't be either. ONLY JESUS.

Each and every one of these is what is referred to as magical thinking. The idea is that if A happens, then later B happens, that A must have caused B. Any one of those thing could have happened without Jesus. Also, I'm sure that a lot of other close calls happened during the time when you weren't close to Jesus, but those are escaping your mind right now. That's cherry picking.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
(In the Navy) Come protect the Motherland, . . in the Navy

(In the Navy) Come protect the Motherland, . . in the Navy

JesusLovesYou wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

 How many of these trips to the hospital have been paid?

Is god going to pay the NICU bill? Isn't that like $10k per day?

Do you sleep at night or do you lay awake fretting jesus may not be there the next time you put yourself in one of those bad situations?

Navy paid her NICU bill. Jesus i

 

   I  do  not  care if  you are  25 years old or approaching your mid-50s by now. The hard truth is, you have been lacking sense your whole life. After the nearly fatal highly damaging accident, (in many ways) your (the OP) lacking sense, has only intensified 65 fold.

    In the Navy. The Navy has always been there. Come let us exalt the Navy. Hail the Navy, our Lady (double meaning). To you the Navy is much as Zeus  would be, in the frankly sickening Hellenistic culture of old, to be given the WORSHIPFUL  title Soter (Saviour), in your life thus far.  How old were you again, Mr Zealot in training ?!? 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:(In the

danatemporary wrote:

(In the Navy) Come protect the Motherland, . . in the Navy

JesusLovesYou wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

 How many of these trips to the hospital have been paid?

Is god going to pay the NICU bill? Isn't that like $10k per day?

Do you sleep at night or do you lay awake fretting jesus may not be there the next time you put yourself in one of those bad situations?

Navy paid her NICU bill. Jesus i

 

   I  do  not  care if  you are  25 years old or approaching your mid-50s by now. The hard truth is, you have been lacking sense your whole life. After the nearly fatal highly damaging accident, (in many ways) your (the OP) lacking sense, has only intensified 65 fold.

    In the Navy. The Navy has always been there. Come let us exalt the Navy. Hail the Navy, our Lady (double meaning). To you the Navy is much as Zeus  would be, in the frankly sickening Hellenistic culture of old, to be given the WORSHIPFUL  title Soter (Saviour), in your life thus far.  How old were you again, Mr Zealot in training ?!? 

I do NOT worship my job. However, the Lord did bless me to be able to keep it. In 2011 there was a mass "lay off" and my specific job specialty was one of 33 at risk in the layoff. I could have been 1 of 3000 to get involuntarity separated but I was not, by the grace of God. Not only that, but a 7% promotion rate turned into a 27% promotion rate, and I got promoted and the ability to retire. I was still at risk to get separatex through another selection system though. 1 month before those results came out, the system was reworked and all sailors of my rank never have to compete to stay in anymore. It is automattic renewal. ONLY JESUS! I am 28 btw. I thank the Lord and worship Him and nobody else regarding my career.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

 How many of these trips to the hospital have been paid?

Is god going to pay the NICU bill? Isn't that like $10k per day?

Do you sleep at night or do you lay awake fretting jesus may not be there the next time you put yourself in one of those bad situations?

Navy paid her NICU bill. Jesus is ALWAYS there. There is no need to worry that He won't be. He is creator God almighty.

Naked assertions do not impress us. Get in line, other people claim other gods as well.

 

And you'd also have us believe Jesus is everywhere? You do realize that would include when you pee and shit and have sex. Nice god you have.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I do NOT

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I do NOT worship my job. However, the Lord did bless me to be able to keep it. In 2011 there was a mass "lay off" and my specific job specialty was one of 33 at risk in the layoff. I could have been 1 of 3000 to get involuntarity separated but I was not, by the grace of God. Not only that, but a 7% promotion rate turned into a 27% promotion rate, and I got promoted and the ability to retire. I was still at risk to get separatex through another selection system though. 1 month before those results came out, the system was reworked and all sailors of my rank never have to compete to stay in anymore. It is automattic renewal. ONLY JESUS! I am 28 btw. I thank the Lord and worship Him and nobody else regarding my career.

 

So Jesus loves you but hates the 3,000 people who got laid off?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I do NOT worship my job. However, the Lord did bless me to be able to keep it. In 2011 there was a mass "lay off" and my specific job specialty was one of 33 at risk in the layoff. I could have been 1 of 3000 to get involuntarity separated but I was not, by the grace of God. Not only that, but a 7% promotion rate turned into a 27% promotion rate, and I got promoted and the ability to retire. I was still at risk to get separatex through another selection system though. 1 month before those results came out, the system was reworked and all sailors of my rank never have to compete to stay in anymore. It is automattic renewal. ONLY JESUS! I am 28 btw. I thank the Lord and worship Him and nobody else regarding my career.

 

So Jesus loves you but hates the 3,000 people who got laid off?

I hate it when I agree with you, stop doing that!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I do NOT worship my job. However, the Lord did bless me to be able to keep it. In 2011 there was a mass "lay off" and my specific job specialty was one of 33 at risk in the layoff. I could have been 1 of 3000 to get involuntarity separated but I was not, by the grace of God. Not only that, but a 7% promotion rate turned into a 27% promotion rate, and I got promoted and the ability to retire. I was still at risk to get separatex through another selection system though. 1 month before those results came out, the system was reworked and all sailors of my rank never have to compete to stay in anymore. It is automattic renewal. ONLY JESUS! I am 28 btw. I thank the Lord and worship Him and nobody else regarding my career.

 

So Jesus loves you but hates the 3,000 people who got laid off?

Jesus does not hate. 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Quote:

What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)

She was born prematurely to Glorify God. Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

So what did jesus do?  Magically induce her to be born prematurely...so he could magically accelerate her progress...so you could glorify him for doing so?

 

(NOTE:  Raising yellow card for Poe)

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Years ago this person

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Years

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

 

I assure you my life events are fact. I can provide proof

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

 

I assure you my life events are fact. I can provide proof

We don't doubt you say "things happened", we do doubt your interpretation of those events.

Now take this argument of "this happened to me" and ask yourself if a Muslim argued "this happened to me", would you suddenly become a Muslim?

The honest answer would be no, you would not. So don't ask us to buy your god based on "personal experience".

 

Again, we are glad you kid survived, and parents especially understand the feeling of fear and the feeling of relief that you felt. But there was no magical Satan that put your kid there nor was there a magical bearded man in the sky saving them.

Please keep in mind this is not our first rodeo with you, or people with other religions. I personally have been debating online since 01 and have heard this same fallacious argument of "personal experience" from not just Christians but Muslims Jews and others.  The vast majority of atheists that will respond to you are far more educated than most theists.

All you have argued here is an "appeal to emotion". You lack of understanding as to the reality of how the outcome happened does not constitute your god existing, or any other for that matter. We have seen this argument countless times.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Beyond

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I do NOT worship my job. However, the Lord did bless me to be able to keep it. In 2011 there was a mass "lay off" and my specific job specialty was one of 33 at risk in the layoff. I could have been 1 of 3000 to get involuntarity separated but I was not, by the grace of God. Not only that, but a 7% promotion rate turned into a 27% promotion rate, and I got promoted and the ability to retire. I was still at risk to get separatex through another selection system though. 1 month before those results came out, the system was reworked and all sailors of my rank never have to compete to stay in anymore. It is automattic renewal. ONLY JESUS! I am 28 btw. I thank the Lord and worship Him and nobody else regarding my career.

 

So Jesus loves you but hates the 3,000 people who got laid off?

Jesus does not hate. 

Micky Mouse doesn't hate either, but if his fans went around claiming he was real and had magical super powers, and wanted government law based on the words of Mickey Mouse, you'd be right to be concerned.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

I assure you my life events are fact. I can provide proof

You are fishing for an argument.

You can't prove any of this stuff any more than a Hindu gives thanks to Vishnu for the "good job" or "healthy baby". It also doesn't matter what you think you can prove about your "career in the Navy". I was in the USMC and I had my ups and downs too. Does that mean god/jesus/devil/vishnu/shiva/or any other of a dozen gods have any control over me? LOL. PUHLEEEZ.

You keep claiming what you want to claim and these jokers will keep arguing with you. From my perspective you completely full of shit.

This all aside, in a couple of thousand years all religions from now will be replaced with another ones because that is what happens to religions, they ALL eventually die out.

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

 

I assure you my life events are fact. I can provide proof

We don't doubt you say "things happened", we do doubt your interpretation of those events.

Now take this argument of "this happened to me" and ask yourself if a Muslim argued "this happened to me", would you suddenly become a Muslim?

The honest answer would be no, you would not. So don't ask us to buy your god based on "personal experience".

 

Again, we are glad you kid survived, and parents especially understand the feeling of fear and the feeling of relief that you felt. But there was no magical Satan that put your kid there nor was there a magical bearded man in the sky saving them.

Please keep in mind this is not our first rodeo with you, or people with other religions. I personally have been debating online since 01 and have heard this same fallacious argument of "personal experience" from not just Christians but Muslims Jews and others.  The vast majority of atheists that will respond to you are far more educated than most theists.

All you have argued here is an "appeal to emotion". You lack of understanding as to the reality of how the outcome happened does not constitute your god existing, or any other for that matter. We have seen this argument countless times.

 

wbo said satan did anything. That is a false assumption u have. Satan does not have a hand in every pot

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
OP'S log , Suppeimental

OP'S log ,  Supplemental

  Star-Trek -- Quote from the one played by our Esperanto speaking actor, who taught the world you dont have to a singing voice to fake it.

    --  Kirk here wrote :: Captain's log, stardate unknown. We are trapped in a savage, parallel universe  .. from which I must escape . .
 ¬ Mirror  Mirror

 Quote Image --


 

 Good Refresher U R L  -- http:// www. chakoteya. net/ startrek/39.htm     The Star Trek Transcripts - Mirror, Mirror,

from the orginal series, the one with Spock, from a  parallel Universe, sports a distinguishing beard.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

 

I assure you my life events are fact. I can provide proof

We don't doubt you say "things happened", we do doubt your interpretation of those events.

Now take this argument of "this happened to me" and ask yourself if a Muslim argued "this happened to me", would you suddenly become a Muslim?

The honest answer would be no, you would not. So don't ask us to buy your god based on "personal experience".

 

Again, we are glad you kid survived, and parents especially understand the feeling of fear and the feeling of relief that you felt. But there was no magical Satan that put your kid there nor was there a magical bearded man in the sky saving them.

Please keep in mind this is not our first rodeo with you, or people with other religions. I personally have been debating online since 01 and have heard this same fallacious argument of "personal experience" from not just Christians but Muslims Jews and others.  The vast majority of atheists that will respond to you are far more educated than most theists.

All you have argued here is an "appeal to emotion". You lack of understanding as to the reality of how the outcome happened does not constitute your god existing, or any other for that matter. We have seen this argument countless times.

 

wbo said satan did anything. That is a false assumption u have. Satan does not have a hand in every pot

How convenient works in your mind because it just so happens to coincide with your own desires. But that is how all religions view their holy books. Cherry pick to make it fit. You are not doing anything differently we haven't seen from other believers of all sorts of religions.

"You don't understand".

 

Yes we do understand, and that is why we are atheists.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Did you any of you hear about

 Did any of you hear about this recent story : 

 

Should mom who microwaved baby get death?

 By HLNtv.com Staffupdated 8:18 PM EDT, Mon September 23, 2013A mother convicted of microwaving her 28-month-old baby to death wants a new trial without the possibility of the death penalty. 

 The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby, that he certainly would have. And to think that in one of the Yahoo articles that I had read, that it actually said that it took almost two minutes for this child to die. 

  Fucking terrifying to think that things like this go on all of the time. And these are the extreme cases. Think of  all the children that are being abused, neglected and subjected to things that people would rather not talk or think about. 

  I just don't see how anyone could be so self-centered as to believe themselves in the fate of jesus, when things like this are going on. 

  Is this an appeal to emotion ? Damned straight it is. I wish for the religious to explain the reasoning behind this type of horror. Oh, that is right, the god of the bible seemed to delight in torture and death didn't he ? 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4109
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Her

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

 

                        As a Christian, do you also mispronounce the word as "glo-ree" ?  Only religious people say it that way.  Weird.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote: Did

harleysportster wrote:

 Did any of you hear about this recent story : 

 

Should mom who microwaved baby get death?

 By HLNtv.com Staffupdated 8:18 PM EDT, Mon September 23, 2013A mother convicted of microwaving her 28-month-old baby to death wants a new trial without the possibility of the death penalty. 

 The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby, that he certainly would have. And to think that in one of the Yahoo articles that I had read, that it actually said that it took almost two minutes for this child to die. 

  Fucking terrifying to think that things like this go on all of the time. And these are the extreme cases. Think of  all the children that are being abused, neglected and subjected to things that people would rather not talk or think about. 

  I just don't see how anyone could be so self-centered as to believe themselves in the fate of jesus, when things like this are going on. 

  Is this an appeal to emotion ? Damned straight it is. I wish for the religious to explain the reasoning behind this type of horror. Oh, that is right, the god of the bible seemed to delight in torture and death didn't he ? 

So while every parent even atheist parents DO understand the emotional trauma of their kid getting sick, it seems a bit selective that this "all loving" god would sit and watch and do nothing for a baby stuck in a microwave, but somehow manages to save your kid? Seems a bit of a selective deadbeat to me.

 

To the original poster, would you hire a baby sitter to sit your kid who said the following when interviewed.

 

Potential baby sitter, "Well, I have sat 100 kids so far. 33 of them I stopped a rapist and killed them at the door before they got in"

You, "sounds great"

Potential baby sitter, "Another 33 I allowed to be raped but shot the rapist after they were done"

You, "Oh, well at least you got them in the end"

Potential baby sitter, "Another 33, I allowed to be murdered and let the rapist go"

You, "Well I guess you work in mysterious ways"

 

Please tell all of us here if you would NOT hire a baby sitter with such a horrible spotty record, exactly what did that microwaved baby do to have an all powerful god sit on it's hands and do nothing?

 

Our point is to demonstrate to you the absurdity in the concept of ANY all powerful god. Humans are not gods but parents especially do everything they can to protect their kids, unlike the all powerful god they claim to believe in.

 

And the other aspect you don't want to face is the evolution of ALL LIFE. For every tree that makes it to become an adult, there are far more acorns and nuts and pollen that DO NOTHING. For every baby born, there are millions of sperm that DONT do anything but get excreted. For every baby alligator born, MOST don't make it to adulthood. For every fish that makes it to adult hood, there are far more fish eggs that DON'T become adults.

 

So when you look at the illusion of "abundant life" you fail to take into account that in evolution MOST attempts at life FAIL.

 

Combine that with 56 MILLION deaths of humans PER YEAR. That is including everything, disease, crime and war and old age.

But it also insults us as human beings to have you use your own kid to sell us your superstition as if we, because we don't believe in a god, somehow we are incapable of understanding the same human emotions you have about your loved ones.

Your kid almost died, that would suck for any parent. I don't have kids, but I have a mother I love and I get scared shitless when anything happens to her. I have two sisters I love and also would not want anything to happen to them. But as I said, everyone's luck runs out at some point. Facing that doesn't make us pessimistic or evil. It just means we don't assign either the good or bad that happen in life to superstition.

Again, we are glad you didn't lose your kid. But that does not make your god, or any god real.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote: Did

harleysportster wrote:

 Did any of you hear about this recent story : 

 

Should mom who microwaved baby get death?

 By HLNtv.com Staffupdated 8:18 PM EDT, Mon September 23, 2013A mother convicted of microwaving her 28-month-old baby to death wants a new trial without the possibility of the death penalty. 

 The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby, that he certainly would have. And to think that in one of the Yahoo articles that I had read, that it actually said that it took almost two minutes for this child to die. 

  Fucking terrifying to think that things like this go on all of the time. And these are the extreme cases. Think of  all the children that are being abused, neglected and subjected to things that people would rather not talk or think about. 

  I just don't see how anyone could be so self-centered as to believe themselves in the fate of jesus, when things like this are going on. 

  Is this an appeal to emotion ? Damned straight it is. I wish for the religious to explain the reasoning behind this type of horror. Oh, that is right, the god of the bible seemed to delight in torture and death didn't he ? 

 

TWO MINUTES??!!

What was the wattage?

It's only an appeal to our emotions. JLY doesn't care because it wasn't his kid.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote: The

harleysportster wrote:
The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby,

Before I read any other replies to this story I would say that the theists will say that it was "god's will" and/or that "Jesus only intervenes in cases where they are a believer/saved".

The later goes back to the "only people who have accepted jesus as their savior" will be helped. I posted this years ago when I had bible thumpers tell me a baby born on an island by apes would not go to heaven because they never accepted christ.

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
When I cant sleep I count my blessings instead instead of sheep

Nu 1

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

 

.


Lyrics from a beautiful song,  you know  . . .

"Oh Lord, you're beautiful,

Your face is all I see,

For when your eyes are on this child,

Your grace abounds to me"

    ¬Keith Green (Musician)  


 


 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXKxazgio2s


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5130
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Dear lord

 

 

Dana, I'd forgotten all about Keith Green. I used to have his tapes. Back when there were tapes. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

harleysportster wrote:
The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby,

Before I read any other replies to this story I would say that the theists will say that it was "god's will" and/or that "Jesus only intervenes in cases where they are a believer/saved".

The later goes back to the "only people who have accepted jesus as their savior" will be helped. I posted this years ago when I had bible thumpers tell me a baby born on an island by apes would not go to heaven because they never accepted christ.

 

a child unaware can not be damned. Thus why scripture calls us to be as little children.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

harleysportster wrote:
The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby,

Before I read any other replies to this story I would say that the theists will say that it was "god's will" and/or that "Jesus only intervenes in cases where they are a believer/saved".

The later goes back to the "only people who have accepted jesus as their savior" will be helped. I posted this years ago when I had bible thumpers tell me a baby born on an island by apes would not go to heaven because they never accepted christ.

 

a child unaware can not be damned. Thus why scripture calls us to be as little children.

So says you.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Sing, Sing a song, . . the whole day long :)

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

 

Dana, I'd forgotten all about Keith Green. I used to have his tapes. Back when there were tapes. 

 

    Well, what do you know Joe ? Blast from the past (this one), from the era, the song, "Sing over Me", by another band. The One that goes, I'll hide in the shadow of Your wings, and listen, while You sing over me… Love that song!! I actually do truly love that one,. For any that are curious, AE and I have wonderful cultural/culture ties, though cords and snares encompass all around,  that we both share (that can never be broken).  It doesn't hurt, my entire life I have been living in a time-warp. Being raised by the World War II generation. Many of which are only recently dying out in my life. "Lili Marleen" songs, know it (blink).  

   That reminds me of a comment of a fictional character Duncan MacLeod made to a  Sean Burns (MacLeod,  the Immortal), in a re-run of,   in season four episode 13 of Highlander. Where *Sean Burns made a reference to cassette tapes. MacLeod (of the Clan MacLeod) corrects him and says, "they're called CDs".

 ___

    Who ever saw the episode or who didn't  Refresh your memories, It's the episode where, an Immortal (of the Native American persuasion) a Coltec, who took upon himself to "rid the world of evil by killing as many evil Immortals as he could", by so doing eventually was overwhelmed by the Dark Quickening, ref. in the fictional series.  Duncan MacLeod   was forced to kill this man, by so doing, he himself was overwhelmed. As a result, Duncan seduces a woman and "then went on a rampage in Paris, ending with the beheading of another old friend, *Sean Burns"..

 

 

 

 

I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change
I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
Might as well get over it
Don't try to understand
I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am

Hey!
Yeah!

I'm fly
The original
I'm sly
Unpredictable...
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable,
Completely undeniable,
And sometimes almost unrealible.
Don't ask me why,
Don't ask me why (why)

(chorus)
I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change
I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
Might as well get over it
Don't try to understand
I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am

    ¬ Skye Sweetnam (Musician)

 

  Strictly for the lurkers' enjoyment  (always keep 'em guessing) --

  "Those Were the Days" (truncated version)

 

Boy the way Glenn Miller Played
Songs that made the Hit Parade
Guys like us we had it made
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then
Girls were girl and men were men
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

Didn't need no Welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee our old LaSalle Ran great

THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

 

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15609
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

harleysportster wrote:
The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby,

Before I read any other replies to this story I would say that the theists will say that it was "god's will" and/or that "Jesus only intervenes in cases where they are a believer/saved".

The later goes back to the "only people who have accepted jesus as their savior" will be helped. I posted this years ago when I had bible thumpers tell me a baby born on an island by apes would not go to heaven because they never accepted christ.

 

a child unaware can not be damned. Thus why scripture calls us to be as little children.

Then why do adults damn them by such introduction, that makes you and your God pricks.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

harleysportster wrote:
The video of this whole entire horrifying story can be found at the links above. Now, I ask all of these believers in fate and destiny how they can possibly explain something like this, if we are under the watch of Jesus ? 

  I would have hoped that if Jesus could have intervened in a situation where a woman could do this to her own baby,

Before I read any other replies to this story I would say that the theists will say that it was "god's will" and/or that "Jesus only intervenes in cases where they are a believer/saved".

The later goes back to the "only people who have accepted jesus as their savior" will be helped. I posted this years ago when I had bible thumpers tell me a baby born on an island by apes would not go to heaven because they never accepted christ.

 

a child unaware can not be damned. Thus why scripture calls us to be as little children.

God does not condemn children

Then why do adults damn them by such introduction, that makes you and your God pricks.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou.............

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.