Nothing but Jesus

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Nothing but Jesus

Ok lets start here.....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away. I lied to my command about it, and everything got found out. I faced non-judicial punishment (losing rank and pay), as well as a felony conviction on the civilian side. The night after I got back from the police station, I got on my knees and cried out to God, committing myself to him. This girl I had been dating had pulled me away from the church, and I ran back. After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

In 2006, the morning after watch, i ran into some friends that wanted to go to the beach. We ended up at this really high cliff and the dude jumped, then we went to a lower one (like 10 ft) and I jumped. I had no swimming gear. I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

Shortly before the swimming accident in 2006, I had been driving some friends to visit another friend in the hospital (she took a face plant riding a moped), and on the way back from the hospital, they are sitting the back seat of my jeep (it was a wrangler), and one of them just happened to whip out a joint. I freak out because i'm in the military with a zero tolerance policy, and my freak out caused me to run a red light infront of a cop. I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Those were the things in my life that immediately came to mind, but there have been too many "close calls" and coincidences that they couldn't be either. ONLY JESUS.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Be sober-minded; be watchful.

 
Don't Drive drunk wrote:
. . remember King David . .

1 Peter 5:8 a

>  Be sober-minded; be watchful . .

 Misc. --

   And his predecessor  .. ..  Forgot  to mention,  in passing,  When "I" was in Junior High School,  just still a wee tike (myself) . Someone, one time, offered me drugs.  I lied to them and said, I tried it once but didnt like. This was fully reported back to Grandpa somehow. Ever after he never worried about me.  *Cough*;  *Cough*  Mr. TRIP, 0P,  I'll bring it to you . . . 

  Paul in his epistle to the Galatians enumerated a concise list of the works of 'the flesh'. as in fleshly. Contained in that list is the Greek word, pharmakeia. The King James scholar, 1609-1611 (or there abouts), translated pharmakeia as "witchcraft" but a more probable rendering is that of "sorcery" and is so given by the American Standard Version. Sorcery is far closer to the meaning of the term. Interesting   'unreasoned passion',  what next for Mr. Spirituality,  .. the Witch of Endor  (a medium) ?!??? 

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

What does calling on him have to do with anything?  I simply asked if things can happen that god doesn't want to? If he's both omnipotent and omniscient, that doesn't seem like a possibility. Because it's due to some sort of agreement regarding free will, then I'm not impressed. If that's the case, why is upholding the free-will concord with someone who is extraordinarily reckless with it (such as a genocidal dictator, or a serial rapist) more important than the safety of innocent people and the well-being of any of their victims? 

see? You see those words omnipotent, omniscient, etc and you automatically form a bunch of if, then statements. Get out of your pre defined box. This is God. We cannot know the mind of God, but He has offered up His life for us. He took upon His shoulders all the weight of our sin. He became the way, not just a guide pointing the way.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
It will cost me, but hey Bender (double meaning); real deep :

>It will cost me,  but youre not a very deep thinker (are you JLY) . . ?

 

   You  are  the man, (to quote the prophet) !!

 

2 Samuel 12 wrote:
Then the Lord sent Nathan to David. And he came to him, and said to him: "There were two men in one city, one rich and the other poor. "The rich man has exceedingly many flocks and herds. But the poor man had nothing, except one little ewe lamb which he had bought and nourished; and IT GREW UP TOGETHER WITH HIM AND HIS CHILDREN. It ate of his own food and drank from his own cup and lay in his bosom; and it was like a daughter to him. And a traveler came to the rich man, who refused to take from his own flock and from his own herd to prepare one for the wayfaring man who had come to him; but he took the poor man's lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him."

  . . . 

 

 

 

 

 

 __________

    

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

What does calling on him have to do with anything?  I simply asked if things can happen that god doesn't want to? If he's both omnipotent and omniscient, that doesn't seem like a possibility. Because it's due to some sort of agreement regarding free will, then I'm not impressed. If that's the case, why is upholding the free-will concord with someone who is extraordinarily reckless with it (such as a genocidal dictator, or a serial rapist) more important than the safety of innocent people and the well-being of any of their victims? 

see? You see those words omnipotent, omniscient, etc and you automatically form a bunch of if, then statements. Get out of your pre defined box. This is God. We cannot know the mind of God, but He has offered up His life for us. He took upon His shoulders all the weight of our sin. He became the way, not just a guide pointing the way.

Assume first<=pull shit out of your ass<= desired outcome

Don't feel bad, this is how all superstitions work. Not just your pet god claim.

 

See if you can spot the pattern.

 

"We cannot know the mind of God"

"We cannot know the mind of Allah"

"We cannot know the mind of Yahweh"

"We cannot know the mind of Vishnu"

"We cannot know the mind of invisible snarfwidgets"

 

You can make any god claim work if you assume first.

 

Now, my question to you is not WHAT you claim your god is, or what you think he wants. My question to you is WHY you think a god is needed to fill in gaps in the first place. Now, don't respond with a hand up your back because I am not asking your God his opinion. I am asking YOU why you think a god is needed to explain anything. YOU not your god. Can you do that, are you simply going to be a parrot? "Bwaat Polly is a minion, bwaat, Polly is a minion."

 

Regurgitating appeals to emotion and appeals to tradition based on your own wishful desires to have a fictional super hero does not impress us. Keep that in mind when responding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

What does calling on him have to do with anything?  I simply asked if things can happen that god doesn't want to? If he's both omnipotent and omniscient, that doesn't seem like a possibility. Because it's due to some sort of agreement regarding free will, then I'm not impressed. If that's the case, why is upholding the free-will concord with someone who is extraordinarily reckless with it (such as a genocidal dictator, or a serial rapist) more important than the safety of innocent people and the well-being of any of their victims? 

see? You see those words omnipotent, omniscient, etc and you automatically form a bunch of if, then statements. Get out of your pre defined box. This is God. We cannot know the mind of God, but He has offered up His life for us. He took upon His shoulders all the weight of our sin. He became the way, not just a guide pointing the way.

Assume first<=pull shit out of your ass<= desired outcome

Don't feel bad, this is how all superstitions work. Not just your pet god claim.

 

See if you can spot the pattern.

 

"We cannot know the mind of God"

"We cannot know the mind of Allah"

"We cannot know the mind of Yahweh"

"We cannot know the mind of Vishnu"

"We cannot know the mind of invisible snarfwidgets"

 

You can make any god claim work if you assume first.

 

Now, my question to you is not WHAT you claim your god is, or what you think he wants. My question to you is WHY you think a god is needed to fill in gaps in the first place. Now, don't respond with a hand up your back because I am not asking your God his opinion. I am asking YOU why you think a god is needed to explain anything. YOU not your god. Can you do that, are you simply going to be a parrot? "Bwaat Polly is a minion, bwaat, Polly is a minion."

 

Regurgitating appeals to emotion and appeals to tradition based on your own wishful desires to have a fictional super hero does not impress us. Keep that in mind when responding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Is this either serious or a sincere question to Brian, maybe not

 

Quote:
. . I am asking YOU why you think a god is needed to explain anything . .

   Hmmm.  Why dont we irritate  Brian a bit now  while we're at it.   It is really hard  to tell  IF this sort of a question is either serious or a sincere one ?  In short,  you are on an Atheist board, and you are asking Brian37 this right ?!??? 

 

  

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
More Hindu writ .. and/or : Squawk !

More Hindu writ .. and/or  :  Squawk !

  (Truncated version)  KUNJAL --  Once upon a time,  a Sage [by the name of] Chyavan arrived at Omkareshwar with the objective of acquiring knowledge about human knowledge. It was said, Being tired, he decided to take rest under the shade of a Banyan tree. A Squawker named 'Kunjal' lived in a dark vile place on that tree. (The parrot had four young ones--Ujjawal, Samujjwal, Vijjwal and Kapinjal).
   Kunjal was a very learned Squawker and had mastery over all the Cohen's introduction to logic, a good college text. Once, Ujjawal requested Kunjal (the squawker) to give discourse on various aspects of human knowledge. The Sage Chyavan, who had been listening to the utterances of Kunjal, was amazed by his profound knowledge [as he continued to challenge]. He asked Kunjal---O great Squawker! Who are you? From where did you acquire such knowledge?'
   Kunjal, who remembered everything about his previous birth said-- In my previous birth, I was the youngest son of a brahmin named Vidyadhar. My name was Dharma Sharma. Seeing my dislike for humility, my 'Father' became worried about my future. I used to waste my time loitering here and there [ONLINE] seeking ways to show off, having been banned from many of the sites. But, Some people used to make fun of my seeming stupidity, which made me extremely sad. I decided to acquire knowledge but did not find anybody willing to teach me. In the due course of time, later on, I became old but was still almost idiot like.
   One day, I was sitting in a temple cursing my fate. Suddenly, a unnamed sage arrived there and asked me as to what made me so mad. I narrated my woeful tale. The sage felt pity on my condition and blessed me with divine knowledge that made me capable of having advance knowledge of [about the deeper mysteries]. And the Sage Chyavan was curious to know about the reason that made Dharma Sharma to be born as a parrot. Kunjal replied--- O Brahmin! A man is influenced by the company he keeps. The reason why I took birth as a parrot is related with an incident, which occurred in my previous birth. Once, a wicked fowler sold a parrot to a brahmin who in turn presented it to me. With the passage of time I became very attached to my own pet Squawker and not so gradually deviated from any  recognizable [virtuous] path, and/or a path of constructive dialog. As a result of two large 'blind spots', all my knowledge vanished and I came across like an idiot once again. Eventually as with the fate of all men, I died and thus was reborn a Parrot and previously suffered due to the afflictions of self-importance and 'wrong views'


Source -- FaithWeb website.


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 585
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
This is my simple religion.

"This is my simple religion.  There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.  Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

 

Very rarely do I agree with a supposed "holy" man that prefers to reclaim Tibet to cast it back into the ancient days of slavery hierarchy, but this is a great positive moral guideline for anyone, religious or not.

 

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:"This is

Sage_Override wrote:

"This is my simple religion.  There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.  Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

 

Very rarely do I agree with a supposed "holy" man that prefers to reclaim Tibet to cast it back into the ancient days of slavery hierarchy, but this is a great positive moral guideline for anyone, religious or not.

 

I like this for several reasons. The phrase itself, but also your demonstration that people who want to implement a terrible class system can still say some very great things. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

What does calling on him have to do with anything?  I simply asked if things can happen that god doesn't want to? If he's both omnipotent and omniscient, that doesn't seem like a possibility. Because it's due to some sort of agreement regarding free will, then I'm not impressed. If that's the case, why is upholding the free-will concord with someone who is extraordinarily reckless with it (such as a genocidal dictator, or a serial rapist) more important than the safety of innocent people and the well-being of any of their victims? 

see? You see those words omnipotent, omniscient, etc and you automatically form a bunch of if, then statements. Get out of your pre defined box. This is God. We cannot know the mind of God, but He has offered up His life for us. He took upon His shoulders all the weight of our sin. He became the way, not just a guide pointing the way.

What do you mean, "see"? Why did you start your post with that? You never implied a single thing suggesting that I would break out some sound logic. You might be a little too wacky to discuss anything with, but I'll try. 

To say that we don't know the mind of god is quite a big problem for anyone if he exists, and can't know his mind. How do you know that the "god" you worship isn't actually attempting to lure you into hell by having you worship a false idol in Jesus? 

Oh, and a side note, there is very little evidence that Jesus existed and was crucified (although not necessarily none, but very little). There is, however, 0 evidence that we're all afflicted with a disease caused by the immorality of our ancestors, and that the cure for it was to torture and kill someone. Also, whether it's true or not, the idea of vicarious redemption is immoral.

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Any one see how this douche

Any one see how this douche cherry picks his discussions?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: 

danatemporary wrote:

 

Quote:
. . I am asking YOU why you think a god is needed to explain anything . .

   Hmmm.  Why dont we irritate  Brian a bit now  while we're at it.   It is really hard  to tell  IF this sort of a question is either serious or a sincere one ?  In short,  you are on an Atheist board, and you are asking Brian37 this right ?!??? 

 

  

 

Dana I was asking JLY this question. He needs to figure out the quote function and use it properly.

 

And I love being "irritated", it motivates me to shred such absurd arguments.

 

Believers always assume first. They never ask themselves WHY they FEEL the need to fill in the gap with a god. They get stuck on claims and never think about why they believe. We already know what they believe.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Emily if you are reading, Lk 8:17 (or even Lk 12:22)

>We'LL all try not to put the sensitive one on a pedestal  *cry*

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Any one see how this douche cherry picks his discussions?

> Goose pimples ..we'LL all try not to put the sensitive one on a pedestal (piff!) *cry*!
 

   Well! At least BRAVE is still talking to you 


Acts 4:20d " As for us, there’s no question—we can’t keep quiet about what we’ve seen and heard." (double meaning)

Feredir28 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

   JesusLovesYou wrote:

         When I was 12 years old I was exposed to pornography (oh how sad that its common at that age now) and I started then having sexual thoughts about both men and women.  At the young age of 15 I had my first sexual encounter with a boy a few years older than myself.  For the next few years we met up a number of times.  When I graduated High School I joined the U.S. Navy.  Upon completion of bootcamp I was sent to Pensacola to train in Avionics. While in Pensacola I had another sexual encounter with a guy in Aircrew training.  A shipmate in my barracks, one day, invited me to come with him to a baptist church out in town. I did I had grown up Catholic, not really being "religious".  I learned things I never knew about Jesus, and what the bible says about "certain things" through that church.  Though someone had me say the "sinners prayer" and la de da, I still continued on my current path.  After Pensacola I stopped by home for a couple weeks, having my first encounter with a female.. Through those 8 years, 3 of which were there in Hawaii, I met and slept with numerous men.  When I moved to Norfolk I had a "regular partner".  I ended up getting engaged to a girl in my church in Norfolk, but that shortly ended once she found out that I had sexual interest in men. I moved to Chicago.  I met a young lady by the name of Emily.  We are now married.  Through the time I was dating her, she witnessed to me . . because Christ took it out of me.

Feredir28 replies in mid-2012 : "Where the @&#% is the proof for God in any of this!?

    Give me a break. .. your own user name "JesusLovesYou" testifies to that -  and this man demands you love (him back) - and if you are as devout as you claim you are, you give this one man A LOT of thought daily. And I for one am looking forward to your big Ted Haggard moment, just like the rest of closeted converts.

    Seriously, rewrite this whole thing for anyone whose spouse turned them into a Hindu or a vegetarian. This story reveals absolutely nothing about a altering of lifestyles, now all you are is convinced .. your testimony has failed to meet the burden of proof.

    I do not know what you were expecting this story of yours will accomplish ..

 
 
danatemporary wrote:
JLY wrote:
  Further on JLY wrote:

    What ye shall speak  "take no thought beforehand" ..


..

DanaQuatationMeister replies,  "Emily if you are reading any of this. All of us have gotten to see is the one ..This is whhhaaaatttt ?

  Forums are not for you obviously, JLY. Emily please pick up. Your husband makes no sense. I wanted to directly ask him: I am wondering if you have read any part of any thread you've introduced ? When he is have a problem in understanding then Emily I would have read over some-things . . (,prophetic on the Danameister's part, in no small way)  . . difficulty is in comprehension has less to due with Pronouns , unusually 'enigmatic' or puzzling speech choices, etc ?. Example is as simple-as someone has linked to a sports page and is wearing a sports jersey. Makes a enigmatic statement like, 'I sure like my Team'. You can draw meaning from other cues. A reason to have Emily check over things."

 

***********************

Oct. 2013  I can only say is I am humbled by all  of  this !!
:
 ****** ******
  p.s. -- Thanks to our Brian for what he pointed out about the quotations (error).
___________

Acts 4:20d " As for us, there’s no question—we can’t keep quiet about what we’ve seen and heard."

 

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Any

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Any one see how this douche cherry picks his discussions?

Cherry picking is the last resort of someone with no evidence.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Then Peter said unto

Quote:
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

 

See if you can spot the pattern.

 

"Then Mohammed said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Allah"

"Then Abraham said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Yahweh"

"Then Harry Potter said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Hogwarts"

"Then Yoda said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of the Force".

 

Is it sinking in yet? Trust us, you'll feel a lot better once you realize you don't have to defend that comic book.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Quote:Then

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

 

See if you can spot the pattern.

 

"Then Mohammed said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Allah"

"Then Abraham said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Yahweh"

"Then Harry Potter said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Hogwarts"

"Then Yoda said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of the Force".

 

Is it sinking in yet? Trust us, you'll feel a lot better once you realize you don't have to defend that comic book.

Ok brian37. find the acts 2 equivalent textual proof for all of the people in your pattern if ur claim is so great

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Quote:Then

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

 

See if you can spot the pattern.

 

"Then Mohammed said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Allah"

"Then Abraham said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Yahweh"

"Then Harry Potter said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of Hogwarts"

"Then Yoda said onto them, repent, and submit to the will of the Force".

 

Is it sinking in yet? Trust us, you'll feel a lot better once you realize you don't have to defend that comic book.

Ok brian37. find the acts 2 equivalent textual proof for all of the people in your pattern if ur claim is so great

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 and btw the only textual

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Charasmatic and pentecostal preaching .. big woopty stinking do

Sat  under  he did . .  Charasmatic and pentecostal preaching .. big woopty stinking do

 

 

   Is it not written . . See  Image

 


 

 


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Years

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

I like this thread. It has brought me shits and giggles galore. I'm sorry but I think your overall imperative in that post is an attempt to stifle my joy (or something) and besides, aren't you some kind of troll, according to Vastet? Aren't I one as well? That gives me an idea. The three of us -you, me, JLY- can be trolls together!  We shall troll this thread for all the lulz it's worth.

Vastet can join in if he likes.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:digitalbeachbum

Kapkao wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Years ago this person trolled here and they are doing it again.

Nothing about this story is real.

Stop feeding them and they will go away.

I like this thread. It has brought me shits and giggles galore. I'm sorry but I think your overall imperative in that post is an attempt to stifle my joy (or something) and besides, aren't you some kind of troll, according to Vastet? Aren't I one as well? That gives me an idea. The three of us -you, me, JLY- can be trolls together!  We shall troll this thread for all the lulz it's worth.

Vastet can join in if he likes.

I haven't trolled in a long time, not since I was a punk kid in high school.

Though, on the gaming forums, every time I complain about a game, I get called a troll. Seems too many fan-boys hang out on their "favorite game forum" and if any one comes around to say bad things they gang up on them and get the mod to close the thread.

 


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 585
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I haven't trolled in a long time, not since I was a punk kid in high school.

Though, on the gaming forums, every time I complain about a game, I get called a troll. Seems too many fan-boys hang out on their "favorite game forum" and if any one comes around to say bad things they gang up on them and get the mod to close the thread.

 

I griefed on games.  That was a lot more rewarding than trolling on forums with a bunch of pitiful, "foreveralone" keyboard cowboys.  I took action and made people on the games get angry as fuck, stole their shit, scammed them and made their play time as stressful as possible.  Those were the golden years...

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:I

Sage_Override wrote:

I griefed on games.  That was a lot more rewarding than trolling on forums with a bunch of pitiful, "foreveralone" keyboard cowboys.  I took action and made people on the games get angry as fuck, stole their shit, scammed them and made their play time as stressful as possible.  Those were the golden years...

So you were one of those assholes who ganked me in WoW? lol

 


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 585
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:So you

digitalbeachbum wrote:
So you were one of those assholes who ganked me in WoW? lol

 

Lol nah.  I stayed away from the arenas and battlegrounds.  I only played with a friend of mine at times that got off on the PvP aspect of the game.  I got all of that shit out of my system with Ultima Online and Diablo II.  The combat and player-killing was a lot more linear and free-range on those games as opposed to WoW so, by the time I got on that game, and tested the water, I realized the days of dismembering corpses, looting bodies, ransacking homes and screwing people out of their items were over.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: and

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

I know that stupid superstition of not writing his "sacred name". Just as stupid if I demanded you not type "Brian" but "Brn".

Jesus is Yahweh? Really, then you got a problem with Jews then because they don't have a split personality god/man. Their messiah has not come yet.  They only think of Jesus as a prophet. Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
Posts: 148
Joined: 2011-11-30
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:but He

JesusLovesYou wrote:
but He has offered up His life for us. He took upon His shoulders all the weight of our sin.
I don't think this is as impressive as you've made it out to be. He let himself become human and die... and he's still immortal and a god despite it. As I said in another thread: Is Jusus' death really a sacrifice


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
RobbyPants

RobbyPants wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:
but He has offered up His life for us. He took upon His shoulders all the weight of our sin.
I don't think this is as impressive as you've made it out to be. He let himself become human and die... and he's still immortal and a god despite it. As I said in another thread: Is Jusus' death really a sacrifice

Yeah, it wasn't a sacrifice.

And I see that jly is still cherry picking their discussions.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I haven't trolled in a long time, not since I was a punk kid in high school.

Though, on the gaming forums, every time I complain about a game, I get called a troll. Seems too many fan-boys hang out on their "favorite game forum" and if any one comes around to say bad things they gang up on them and get the mod to close the thread.

 

I griefed on games.  That was a lot more rewarding than trolling on forums with a bunch of pitiful, "foreveralone" keyboard cowboys.  I took action and made people on the games get angry as fuck, stole their shit, scammed them and made their play time as stressful as possible.  Those were the golden years...

out of curiosity, what games were these?

edit1; Diablo II... so you're the one that stole my Ith axe, egh? You bastage!

Oh wait a second... that was Blizzard deleting it. My mistake.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Sage_Override

Kapkao wrote:

Sage_Override wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I haven't trolled in a long time, not since I was a punk kid in high school.

Though, on the gaming forums, every time I complain about a game, I get called a troll. Seems too many fan-boys hang out on their "favorite game forum" and if any one comes around to say bad things they gang up on them and get the mod to close the thread.

 

I griefed on games.  That was a lot more rewarding than trolling on forums with a bunch of pitiful, "foreveralone" keyboard cowboys.  I took action and made people on the games get angry as fuck, stole their shit, scammed them and made their play time as stressful as possible.  Those were the golden years...

out of curiosity, what games were these?

edit1; Diablo II... so you're the one that stole my Ith axe, egh? You bastage!

Oh wait a second... that was Blizzard deleting it. My mistake.

I played Diablo and then got completely bored with it. I couldn't understand why a simple blacksmith had so many different weapons and where is was getting all the gold to pay me for the weapons I sold him. It was obviously he was in league with the devil!

As for the other games, I was just like Sage. I eventually got tired of the same stuff and the killing/stealing/etc all got boring.

I'm almost completely out of gaming now because no game maker can make a game to satisfy my hunger for a greater challenge; and I've realized that my hunger will never be satisfied.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
BTW - WoW is a farce

BTW

I used to play WoW when it first came out. I got really good at it and sold stuff on the AH. I was never in to the ganking/griefing/pvp stuff. I did go on a few campaigns with friends but like all MMO's you eventually end up getting the short end of the stick.

You go out with 100 people all broken down in to groups. You go after that giant dragon or some other monster who gives you some epic loot but the odds are you won't get any thing because the leader of the group is friends with another rouge or healer.

You spend 5-6 hours, maybe 7-8 hours on a Friday or Saturday evening, playing for nothing, then going to bed around 5 or 6 am, beyond tired, with no loot to show for your work. Though, even if you did get the loot, months later you start to see that the game barely has any real skills which you can take in to the real world. You realize that you have wasted 1,000's of hours playing a game only to kill time.

Then, after it is all out of your system, they send you emails giving you a free 7 days to try out the new release.

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

I know that stupid superstition of not writing his "sacred name". Just as stupid if I demanded you not type "Brian" but "Brn".

Jesus is Yahweh? Really, then you got a problem with Jews then because they don't have a split personality god/man. Their messiah has not come yet.  They only think of Jesus as a prophet. Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

 

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 585
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao, the other game I

Kapkao, the other game I mentioned was Ultima Online.  I've mentioned it off and on over the years and not many people seem to remember it.  It was the first major MMO that set the stage for others like Everquest and...well, World of Warcraft.  Everything else failed bad like Shadowbane, City of Heroes/Villians, etc.  It all went to the 3d, 1st person approach while Ultima Online was a top view where you could literally do whatever you want.  Everything you got, you cherished, displayed and held onto while being very careful what you did because you could lose your shit in the blink of an eye.  You could take over guilds, kill people at will and every other gruesome and malicious thing you can think of.  If you're curious, look it up on YouTube or check out wtfman.com. 

 

digitalbeachbum wrote:

BTW

I used to play WoW when it first came out. I got really good at it and sold stuff on the AH. I was never in to the ganking/griefing/pvp stuff. I did go on a few campaigns with friends but like all MMO's you eventually end up getting the short end of the stick.

You go out with 100 people all broken down in to groups. You go after that giant dragon or some other monster who gives you some epic loot but the odds are you won't get any thing because the leader of the group is friends with another rouge or healer.

You spend 5-6 hours, maybe 7-8 hours on a Friday or Saturday evening, playing for nothing, then going to bed around 5 or 6 am, beyond tired, with no loot to show for your work. Though, even if you did get the loot, months later you start to see that the game barely has any real skills which you can take in to the real world. You realize that you have wasted 1,000's of hours playing a game only to kill time.

Then, after it is all out of your system, they send you emails giving you a free 7 days to try out the new release.

 

Yeah, my account, before I cancelled a few years ago, is as old as the game.  It was probably the only MMO that got my attention and made me feel like I wanted to play and devote time to it.  Of course, all good things must come to an end and after a year or two, it just went downhill.  I started out doing quests and immersed in the storyline rather than the battlegrounds.  I earned a few PvP titles that aren't acquirable anymore, but I mostly raided.  I was in one of the top ten raiding guilds near the beginning of the Burning Crusade expansion.  Then after that, guilds broke down into this shitty egotistical hierarchy and the fun was gone.

 

Like you, I got tired of the drudgery and no promise of receiving anything for all the time and effort you put into an instance that took waaaaaaay too long to complete with multiple wipes, bitching, shouting over Ventrilo and drama on par with a Maury Povich paternity test.  Now, I just go on Steam and play stuff like Left 4 Dead which has a lot of stupid fucks that either can't play or have the maturity level of a room full of sugar-ridden five year olds.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 still waiting on brian37

 still waiting on brian37 to show me where in the harry potter series is repentance leading to salvation found

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
> LMAO the argument surrounds the development of Monotheism, Ok?

> LMAO the argument surrounds the development of Monotheism, Ok?

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

   Dude  I would brush up on some facts a bit before you get all blustery.  Listen sunshine,  You dont wait around when you could been using your time more usefully and rightly in looking up references, WHICH YOU NEED TO MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD !!  ROFLMAO the argument surrounds the two or three main theories over the actual development of Monotheism; the 'land', there was a population and culture of  Pre-Israelite idolaters of-a Canaanite background, in the land. Big Brn 's claim being about the period of prior to the Israel's occupation of Canaanite territory,  from then! Almost exclusively if you can comment intelligently about if Yahweh found to be found among the Seventy Sons of El. Rather involved but you got the time apparently.

 

 

  ________

    "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt." - Mark Twain  

 


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 585
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:Seventy

danatemporary wrote:
Seventy Sons of El.

 

 

JOR-El? 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
> LMAO the argument surrounds the development of Monotheism, Ok?

> LMAO the argument surrounds the development of Monotheism, Ok?

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

   Dude  I would brush up on some facts a bit before you get all blustery.  Listen sunshine,  You dont wait around when you could been using your time more usefully and rightly in looking up references, WHICH YOU NEED TO MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD !!  ROFLMAO the argument surrounds the two or three main theories over the actual development of Monotheism; the 'land', there was a population and culture of  Pre-Israelite idolaters of-a Canaanite background, in the land. Big Brn 's claim being about the period of prior to the Israel's occupation of Canaanite territory,  from then! Almost exclusively if you can comment intelligently about if Yahweh is found to be found among the Seventy Sons of El. Rather involved but you got the time apparently.

 

 

  ________

    "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt." - Mark Twain  


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:> LMAO

danatemporary wrote:

> LMAO the argument surrounds the development of Monotheism, Ok?

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

   Dude  I would brush up on some facts a bit before you get all blustery.  Listen sunshine,  You dont wait around when you could been using your time more usefully and rightly in looking up references, WHICH YOU NEED TO MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD !!  ROFLMAO the argument surrounds the two or three main theories over the actual development of Monotheism; the 'land', there was a population and culture of  Pre-Israelite idolaters of-a Canaanite background, in the land. Big Brn 's claim being about the period of prior to the Israel's occupation of Canaanite territory,  from then! Almost exclusively if you can comment intelligently about if Yahweh found to be found among the Seventy Sons of El. Rather involved but you got the time apparently.

 

 

  ________

    "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt." - Mark Twain  

 

 

I know my facts, you are basing that on monotheistic Hebrew. I am basing it on the POLYTHEISTIC interpretation of the UGARTIC TEXT

 

"LET US MAKE THEM IN OUR IMAGE" is found in the Canaanite pantheon where El was the head god and Baal and Yahweh were lesser gods as part of a "divine family"

 

Just like Mormanism came after Catholics and Baptists but still incorporate the same names heros and motifs.

 

You are arguing interpretation. I am arguing that no religion is original . The Hebrews stole their stories from competing polytheism.

 

And even if my facts were wrong, it still would not make the Hebrew god real, a polytheistic Canaanite god real, or Thor or Isis or invisible pink unicorns real.

http://www.amazon.com/Yahweh-Goddesses-Library-Testament-Studies/dp/0826468306/ref=pd_sim_b_3/183-0233260-3572037

http://www.amazon.com/The-Origins-Biblical-Monotheism-Polytheistic/dp/0195167686

 

I am not doubting the Jewish interpretation. I am saying that religions overlap, and compete, some die out and some grow and succeed. But neither the Canaanite Yahweh version or the one god of the Hebrews by the same name were ever real.

This is simply a matter of Coke vs Pepsi, McDonalds vs Burger King. BOTH sell burgers and use the same motifs and marketing. The monotheistic Yahweh won out, which is why Jews still sell the monotheistic version and not the Canaanite polytheistic version.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Tactics all religions use

Tactics all religions use are as follows.

1. Tradition

2. I was here first

3. Morality

4. Interpretation

 

All this crap avoids the fact that humans overlap and mix and do not exist in a vacuum. When anyone claims my god exists, you can always point out to humans who have made up other gods prior, and competing beliefs of god/s today.

 

Once you employ Ocham's razor to the claims of all god/s the answer becomes simple.

 

Which makes more sense?

 

1. A God or god/s are real?

 

Or

 

2. Humans have always concocted them and competed over them?

 

The Greek and Roman gods are a perfect example of competition. Even though they had different names, the motifs of things like "War God" and "goddess of love" were motifs in both.

 

It all boils down to the only logical explanation as to how any super natural being claim arises, then succeeds or fails, MARKETING.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian, No No no. I think I was the one who actually failed to

 

 Nu  137

 

    Quickly on this.  Brian,  No No no.  I think I was the one who actually failed to correctly put it in ''quotes'' that time,; seeing it was only specifically meant to be addressed to the main of the hour and not Big 'Brn', K ? Sorry for the mix up, my fault.  No actually it's this machine's fault,  I keep dropping connections and timing out at this end. And  Administration  aint helping matters. Upside it makes for more interesting reading much later on, all the same 

 

 

 

 

  p.s. -- I could argue the point about the origins of the god Yahweh for Mr Honesty but not without fear of being  labelled an Office chair dilettante historian. Mr. Barely responsive I am sure has a lot riding on this even on his worst and best of days. 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
DP (Double Post)

 

 Nu  137

 

    Quickly on this.  Brian,  No No no.  I think I was the one who actually failed to correctly put it in ''quotes'' that time,; seeing it was only specifically meant to be addressed to the main man of the hour and not Big 'Brn', K ? Sorry for the mix up, my fault.  No actually it's this machine's fault,  I keep dropping connections and timing out at this end. And  Administration  aint helping matters. Upside it makes for more interesting reading much later on, all the same 

 

 

 

 

  p.s. -- I could argue the point about the origins of the god Yahweh for Mr Honesty but not without fear of being  labelled an Office chair dilettante historian. Mr. Barely responsive I am sure has a lot riding on this even on his worst and best of days. 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Exactly what are you suggesting there ?

Sage_Override wrote:

danatemporary wrote:
Seventy Sons of El.

 

 

JOR-El? 

       What is he wearing (in the pic), I know  in the  DC comic  the fortress of solitude  is all white and bright.  El became a general term for G-d. Little known fact, Hebrew used the Canaanite albeit originally as a basis for the language. I wonder why she mentioned that ?  In movie land, apparently you have to wear tin-foil to keep in the Awesomeness.

 


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 585
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:In movie

danatemporary wrote:
In movie land, apparently you have to wear tin-foil to keep in the Awesomeness.

 

Marlon Brando kept it real even if that meant wrapping himself up like left over baby back ribs.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Kapkao,

Sage_Override wrote:

Kapkao, the other game I mentioned was Ultima Online.  I've mentioned it off and on over the years and not many people seem to remember it.  It was the first major MMO that set the stage for others like Everquest and...well, World of Warcraft.  Everything else failed bad like Shadowbane, City of Heroes/Villians, etc.  It all went to the 3d, 1st person approach while Ultima Online was a top view where you could literally do whatever you want.  Everything you got, you cherished, displayed and held onto while being very careful what you did because you could lose your shit in the blink of an eye.  You could take over guilds, kill people at will and every other gruesome and malicious thing you can think of.  If you're curious, look it up on YouTube or check out wtfman.com. 

 

digitalbeachbum wrote:

BTW

I used to play WoW when it first came out. I got really good at it and sold stuff on the AH. I was never in to the ganking/griefing/pvp stuff. I did go on a few campaigns with friends but like all MMO's you eventually end up getting the short end of the stick.

You go out with 100 people all broken down in to groups. You go after that giant dragon or some other monster who gives you some epic loot but the odds are you won't get any thing because the leader of the group is friends with another rouge or healer.

You spend 5-6 hours, maybe 7-8 hours on a Friday or Saturday evening, playing for nothing, then going to bed around 5 or 6 am, beyond tired, with no loot to show for your work. Though, even if you did get the loot, months later you start to see that the game barely has any real skills which you can take in to the real world. You realize that you have wasted 1,000's of hours playing a game only to kill time.

Then, after it is all out of your system, they send you emails giving you a free 7 days to try out the new release.

 

Yeah, my account, before I cancelled a few years ago, is as old as the game.  It was probably the only MMO that got my attention and made me feel like I wanted to play and devote time to it.  Of course, all good things must come to an end and after a year or two, it just went downhill.  I started out doing quests and immersed in the storyline rather than the battlegrounds.  I earned a few PvP titles that aren't acquirable anymore, but I mostly raided.  I was in one of the top ten raiding guilds near the beginning of the Burning Crusade expansion.  Then after that, guilds broke down into this shitty egotistical hierarchy and the fun was gone.

 

Like you, I got tired of the drudgery and no promise of receiving anything for all the time and effort you put into an instance that took waaaaaaay too long to complete with multiple wipes, bitching, shouting over Ventrilo and drama on par with a Maury Povich paternity test.  Now, I just go on Steam and play stuff like Left 4 Dead which has a lot of stupid fucks that either can't play or have the maturity level of a room full of sugar-ridden five year olds.

 

Yeah, I remember UO. I played it because one of my room mates played it.

It was like 1998 or something like that and I lived in this giant 3,000 sqft home with two other computer geeks.

We all worked at the same company and when one of us got hooked on a game, we eventually got the other two to play it also.

I was a thief and (lol) I still have screen shots of that huge event when the giants attacked the main city, do you remember that? I'll need to find the picture and post it here.

There were so many people on the server that you couldn't do any thing, but what a fucking field day I had picking pockets and backstabbing people.

Even though I was in the city and was flagged, the server didn't have enough processing power nor was there enough guards to catch me.

I played it until about six months before it closed down.

 

As for other games I mainly played Tribes and Quake/Doom. I was part of several guilds who were actually pretty good.

I was one of the first beta testers for Team Fortress and I remember joining them on a 64/64 player game on this giant map which was so huge that we couldn't find the other team; so we ended up just roaming around the map checking things out.

I did a ton of beta testing in my youth. Companies which don't even exist any more, that pumped out some really great games. I used to do all the Sierra games and worked with a lot of the programmers directly.

BTW - I have been writing down all my good ideas for an online game/MMO which would rock the fucking world. I had a friend from one of my old guilds in WoW who is a game designer/PhD in the field. I told her a few of the good ones and she love them; so I'm holding out for a spot on a design team some where in the future.

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Reflect raindrops that mimic tears with his callousness

Sage_Override wrote:

danatemporary wrote:
.. to keep in the Awesomeness.

 

 Sage_Override replies,  Marlon Brando kept it real even if that meant wrapping himself up like left over baby back ribs.

    Brando! His era was within the latter half of the golden age of film. Makes me think of the novel camera tricks produced during the time. One particular guy you couldnt miss, in the trade, behind the-camera of his day, was a Conrad Hall, ASC, had a keen eye making magic moments, at the Cinema. "Sublime" Cinema photographer/Camera-man. If you've ever seen the cascade of the stark(-ly) reflected raindrops that mimic the missing tears of the killer's (unmistakable) dispassionate callous countenance, in the scene where he was seated next to a window, (in the black and white movie) entitled In Cold Blood. You'll get my meaning. I wonder why that came to mind ?  And no I  will refuse, for now, to just drop things!

 


 


 

  Canaan a part of the greater Mesopotamia  

 A time before when .. The idols speak deceitfully, diviners see visions that lie; they tell dreams to dreamers that are
false, they give comfort in vain. Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for
lack of a shepherd.

 


 Tours and Travels are available .. THE HOLY "LAND", PETRA & EGYPT, or pull out a map.

 F i n


RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
Posts: 148
Joined: 2011-11-30
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: still

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 still waiting on brian37 to show me where in the harry potter series is repentance leading to salvation found

We're still waiting on you to respond to 80% of the posts in this thread. 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
RobbyPants

RobbyPants wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 still waiting on brian37 to show me where in the harry potter series is repentance leading to salvation found

We're still waiting on you to respond to 80% of the posts in this thread. 

I'm still waiting for jly to post any thing other than an opinion.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

I know that stupid superstition of not writing his "sacred name". Just as stupid if I demanded you not type "Brian" but "Brn".

Jesus is Yahweh? Really, then you got a problem with Jews then because they don't have a split personality god/man. Their messiah has not come yet.  They only think of Jesus as a prophet. Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

 

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

ACCORDING TO THE OT, SO THE FUCK WHAT! That is still not the separate POLYTHEISM outside Hebrew depicted BY the Yahweh polytheists believed in.

Hebrews simply adapted the polytheism and managed to outsell the polytheistic version.

Both McDonalds and Burger King sell burgers, but burgers existed long before either came about, and beef existed long before burgers. You cannot be that dense to miss that point, can you?

 

I don't give a shit if you didn't believe in the Yahweh of the OT and did believe the polytheistic Yahweh, NEITHER were ever real anymore than Thor makes lightening. ALL GODS are human inventions.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

I know that stupid superstition of not writing his "sacred name". Just as stupid if I demanded you not type "Brian" but "Brn".

Jesus is Yahweh? Really, then you got a problem with Jews then because they don't have a split personality god/man. Their messiah has not come yet.  They only think of Jesus as a prophet. Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

 

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

ACCORDING TO THE OT, SO THE FUCK WHAT! That is still not the separate POLYTHEISM outside Hebrew depicted BY the Yahweh polytheists believed in.

Hebrews simply adapted the polytheism and managed to outsell the polytheistic version.

Both McDonalds and Burger King sell burgers, but burgers existed long before either came about, and beef existed long before burgers. You cannot be that dense to miss that point, can you?

 

I don't give a shit if you didn't believe in the Yahweh of the OT and did believe the polytheistic Yahweh, NEITHER were ever real anymore than Thor makes lightening. ALL GODS are human inventions.

 

 

this is what you do not understand. Noah's decendants all went their own way creating their own nations, living in their own selfish desires, pushing God away, and creating many "little g" gods that were tailored to their own desires. God has been the only God since the first day of creation. Man left God and went their own way. It has NOTHING to do with future generations re adapting myths of thwir forefathers. God has ALWAYS been God.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

I know that stupid superstition of not writing his "sacred name". Just as stupid if I demanded you not type "Brian" but "Brn".

Jesus is Yahweh? Really, then you got a problem with Jews then because they don't have a split personality god/man. Their messiah has not come yet.  They only think of Jesus as a prophet. Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

 

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

 

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

ACCORDING TO THE OT, SO THE FUCK WHAT! That is still not the separate POLYTHEISM outside Hebrew depicted BY the Yahweh polytheists believed in.

Hebrews simply adapted the polytheism and managed to outsell the polytheistic version.

Both McDonalds and Burger King sell burgers, but burgers existed long before either came about, and beef existed long before burgers. You cannot be that dense to miss that point, can you?

 

I don't give a shit if you didn't believe in the Yahweh of the OT and did believe the polytheistic Yahweh, NEITHER were ever real anymore than Thor makes lightening. ALL GODS are human inventions.

 

 

this is what you do not understand. Noah's decendants all went their own way creating their own nations, living in their own selfish desires, pushing God away, and creating many "little g" gods that were tailored to their own desires. God has been the only God since the first day of creation. Man left God and went their own way. It has NOTHING to do with future generations re adapting myths of thwir forefathers. God has ALWAYS been God.

+

Again you dense moron, I AM NOT ARGUING AGAINST YOUR OT VIEW!

 

Coke and Pepsi both make soda, but that does not mean beverages were invented by either!

 

You are stupidly arguing for the color of the can when liquids existed prior to  your monotheism AND their polytheism.

 

I don't give one fuck if you claimed the first human was the Incredible Hulk, Batman or Lex Luthor. You don't have a real god to defend. You have a myth, comic book, and nothing more.

 

You can argue Mickey Mouse loves chocolate while another Mickey Mouse fan argued they liked Sherbert but neither personal ball licking fetish would make Mickey Mouse real.

 

Your monotheistic myth is just as stupid and false as any polytheistic superstition.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 585
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Yeah,

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yeah, I remember UO. I played it because one of my room mates played it.

It was like 1998 or something like that and I lived in this giant 3,000 sqft home with two other computer geeks.

We all worked at the same company and when one of us got hooked on a game, we eventually got the other two to play it also.

I was a thief and (lol) I still have screen shots of that huge event when the giants attacked the main city, do you remember that? I'll need to find the picture and post it here.

There were so many people on the server that you couldn't do any thing, but what a fucking field day I had picking pockets and backstabbing people.

Even though I was in the city and was flagged, the server didn't have enough processing power nor was there enough guards to catch me.

I played it until about six months before it closed down.

 

As for other games I mainly played Tribes and Quake/Doom. I was part of several guilds who were actually pretty good.

I was one of the first beta testers for Team Fortress and I remember joining them on a 64/64 player game on this giant map which was so huge that we couldn't find the other team; so we ended up just roaming around the map checking things out.

I did a ton of beta testing in my youth. Companies which don't even exist any more, that pumped out some really great games. I used to do all the Sierra games and worked with a lot of the programmers directly.

BTW - I have been writing down all my good ideas for an online game/MMO which would rock the fucking world. I had a friend from one of my old guilds in WoW who is a game designer/PhD in the field. I told her a few of the good ones and she love them; so I'm holding out for a spot on a design team some where in the future.

 

I remember the city events.  Yeah, the titans, wyverns, ettins and cyclops attacks were brutal, but fun as fuck.  You turned grey from stealing, PKs could walk into town due to limited guards whacking everyone else with a halberd and entire guilds would form raiding parties to control certain sectors.  Order/Chaos was it for me, though.  The random city encounters, attacking without warning and shit kept you on your toes.  Siege Perilous had a different type of system like Order/Chaos for hardcore players.  I was in league with a lot of the PKs on Napa Valley going out ganking miners and guild members stealing their guild house keys and looting their stuff.  Fuck, that game was perfect.  Such a shame Lord British (Richard Garriott) sold his game to fucking EA.  After that, it became trash. 

 

I beta tested just about every FPS, but I was more interested in the up and coming MMOs at the time looking for the next UO.  Darkfall was the closest thing that was supposed to come out, but it got held back and held back year after year until they just scrapped it.  Me and a buddy have had so many kick ass ideas for an MMO it would blow your mind trying to focus on balance more than anything which is what a lot of MMOs lack.  If you ever get it off the ground, I'd love to be a part of the project, not that you'd consider asking, but still gaming is in my blood and I'm old school so, just throwing my hat in the ring.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me