Nothing but Jesus

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Nothing but Jesus

Ok lets start here.....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away. I lied to my command about it, and everything got found out. I faced non-judicial punishment (losing rank and pay), as well as a felony conviction on the civilian side. The night after I got back from the police station, I got on my knees and cried out to God, committing myself to him. This girl I had been dating had pulled me away from the church, and I ran back. After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

In 2006, the morning after watch, i ran into some friends that wanted to go to the beach. We ended up at this really high cliff and the dude jumped, then we went to a lower one (like 10 ft) and I jumped. I had no swimming gear. I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

Shortly before the swimming accident in 2006, I had been driving some friends to visit another friend in the hospital (she took a face plant riding a moped), and on the way back from the hospital, they are sitting the back seat of my jeep (it was a wrangler), and one of them just happened to whip out a joint. I freak out because i'm in the military with a zero tolerance policy, and my freak out caused me to run a red light infront of a cop. I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Those were the things in my life that immediately came to mind, but there have been too many "close calls" and coincidences that they couldn't be either. ONLY JESUS.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:[

JesusLovesYou wrote:

[ because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

But how can you prove that ? 

Circular reasoning (because the bible says so ) or bold assertions are not sufficient. 

Is there actual falsifiable evidence for this ?                

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Jeffrick

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

7 billion people on this planet, and somehow you magically have the cosmic bat phone to your sky daddy.

 

You make me feel like I should be administering driving tests at the DMV to unqualified teen agers. Get in line, take a number.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Jeffrick

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"
   

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

I think your name should be changed from "JesusLovesYou" to "I'm A Stinking Troll"

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

7 billion people on this planet, and somehow you magically have the cosmic bat phone to your sky daddy.

 

You make me feel like I should be administering driving tests at the DMV to unqualified teen agers. Get in line, take a number.

everybody can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

7 billion people on this planet, and somehow you magically have the cosmic bat phone to your sky daddy.

 

You make me feel like I should be administering driving tests at the DMV to unqualified teen agers. Get in line, take a number.

everybody can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

You work for Delusional Airlines don't you? I had frequent flier miles on your airlines for a while, but all I got was spotty take offs, lots of delays, and lots of crashes.

Fantasy is great for comic books, but lousy to explain reality.

 

See if you can spot the pattern?

 

Everyone can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Allah. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Yahweh. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Buddha. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Vishnu. He has open arms.

 

You do know what claims are like? Everyone has one.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

7 billion people on this planet, and somehow you magically have the cosmic bat phone to your sky daddy.

 

You make me feel like I should be administering driving tests at the DMV to unqualified teen agers. Get in line, take a number.

everybody can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

You work for Delusional Airlines don't you? I had frequent flier miles on your airlines for a while, but all I got was spotty take offs, lots of delays, and lots of crashes.

Fantasy is great for comic books, but lousy to explain reality.

 

See if you can spot the pattern?

 

Everyone can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Allah. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Yahweh. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Buddha. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Vishnu. He has open arms.

 

You do know what claims are like? Everyone has one.

 

 

 

 

here is the problem with your logic. Jesus IS Yahweh, so of course both those claims are correct. Allah is just God in another

 

language. Pick up an arabic Bible and you will discover this. As far as the Islamic God, technically speaking they still worship the God of Abraham, so we are still technically speaking referring to the same God. Buddha was never technically referred to as a God, just an enlightened man, and from every college level religion class I have taken, Buddhism is technically not a religion, so yes Buddha's

teachings can be looked at as morals to follow. Vishnu, along with the other Hindu gods are thought to be created

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You do know

Brian37 wrote:

You do know what claims are like? Everyone has one.

Why do you even bother?


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5133
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Chuckles

danatemporary wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

 

Dana, I'd forgotten all about Keith Green. I used to have his tapes. Back when there were tapes. 

 

    Well, what do you know Joe ? Blast from the past (this one), from the era, the song, "Sing over Me", by another band. The One that goes, I'll hide in the shadow of Your wings, and listen, while You sing over me… Love that song!! I actually do truly love that one,. For any that are curious, AE and I have wonderful cultural/culture ties, though cords and snares encompass all around,  that we both share (that can never be broken).  It doesn't hurt, my entire life I have been living in a time-warp. Being raised by the World War II generation. Many of which are only recently dying out in my life. "Lili Marleen" songs, know it (blink).  

   That reminds me of a comment of a fictional character Duncan MacLeod made to a  Sean Burns (MacLeod,  the Immortal), in a re-run of,   in season four episode 13 of Highlander. Where *Sean Burns made a reference to cassette tapes. MacLeod (of the Clan MacLeod) corrects him and says, "they're called CDs".

 ___

    Who ever saw the episode or who didn't  Refresh your memories, It's the episode where, an Immortal (of the Native American persuasion) a Coltec, who took upon himself to "rid the world of evil by killing as many evil Immortals as he could", by so doing eventually was overwhelmed by the Dark Quickening, ref. in the fictional series.  Duncan MacLeod   was forced to kill this man, by so doing, he himself was overwhelmed. As a result, Duncan seduces a woman and "then went on a rampage in Paris, ending with the beheading of another old friend, *Sean Burns"..

 

 

 

 

I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change
I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
Might as well get over it
Don't try to understand
I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am

Hey!
Yeah!

I'm fly
The original
I'm sly
Unpredictable...
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable,
Completely undeniable,
And sometimes almost unrealible.
Don't ask me why,
Don't ask me why (why)

(chorus)
I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change
I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
Might as well get over it
Don't try to understand
I'm strange
And I like it
That's just the way I am

    ¬ Skye Sweetnam (Musician)

 

  Strictly for the lurkers' enjoyment  (always keep 'em guessing) --

  "Those Were the Days" (truncated version)

 

Boy the way Glenn Miller Played
Songs that made the Hit Parade
Guys like us we had it made
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then
Girls were girl and men were men
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

Didn't need no Welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee our old LaSalle Ran great

THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

 

 

You're a real character, Dana. Yes to the time warp. My grandfather was born in 1896 and was the first person in his town to own a motorcar. Dad arrived in 1922. This definitely connects you to older, simpler, quirkier times. Thinking about it is more interesting than arguing with JLY about who was responsible for the survival of his premmie daughter (warm congrats on that JLY), Jesus Christ Almighty, or Caltowie boy, Edward Thomas Both. Personally, I think it's the latter. 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:here is

JesusLovesYou wrote:
here is the problem with your logic. Jesus IS Yahweh, 

 

      ...and Jupiter is Zeus, Ares is Mars, Athena is Minerva, Dionysus is Bacchus, Hades is Pluto, Hera is Juno, etc.   The ancient Greeks and Romans worshipped the same gods too, just with different names.   So using your "logic" I guess these gods are as real as Yahweh / Allah ?

 

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:
...so of course both those claims are correct.

   

      But nevertheless all these gods ...regardless of what they are called... ( including Yahweh / Allah )  still remain mythical beings !

 

 

 

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:
As far as the Islamic God, technically speaking they still worship the God of Abraham, so we are still technically speaking referring to the same God.

 

  Muslims and Christians worship the same god ?   Perhaps you should have tried to contact the members of the Islamic terrorist group, al-Shabaab, with your deep understanding of  the"Yahweh=Allah" mystery.   Too bad because they went ahead and attacked the shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya and selectively murdered only non-Muslims.  I believe it's safe to assume that anyone foolish enough to self-identify as a Christian was brutally murdered, regardless of your Yahweh=Allah "logic".

 

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

7 billion people on this planet, and somehow you magically have the cosmic bat phone to your sky daddy.

 

You make me feel like I should be administering driving tests at the DMV to unqualified teen agers. Get in line, take a number.

everybody can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

You work for Delusional Airlines don't you? I had frequent flier miles on your airlines for a while, but all I got was spotty take offs, lots of delays, and lots of crashes.

Fantasy is great for comic books, but lousy to explain reality.

 

See if you can spot the pattern?

 

Everyone can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Allah. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Yahweh. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Buddha. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Vishnu. He has open arms.

 

You do know what claims are like? Everyone has one.

 

 

 

 

here is the problem with your logic. Jesus IS Yahweh, so of course both those claims are correct. Allah is just God in another

 

language. Pick up an arabic Bible and you will discover this. As far as the Islamic God, technically speaking they still worship the God of Abraham, so we are still technically speaking referring to the same God. Buddha was never technically referred to as a God, just an enlightened man, and from every college level religion class I have taken, Buddhism is technically not a religion, so yes Buddha's

teachings can be looked at as morals to follow. Vishnu, along with the other Hindu gods are thought to be created

 

HOLLY SHIT, YOU GOT ME,

 

Except a few problems.

 

1 You really think I have never run into "Its all the same" argument before? I have a Mormon at work who says "he's just speaking different languages" You think magic underwear is lagit?

 

Lets just pretend now that all the religions outside Abraham are bullshit, (never mind you'd have an argument with those you call "created&quotEye-wink

 

Ok, so all three are correct? Really? So why Christianity? Why not be a Muslim or Jew? Much less Hindu or Buddhist.

 

If teachings are nothing but morals to follow then religion is not needed, neither the Abrahamic religions or those outside the three. "Teaching" what? Your personal desires and traditions?

 

Maybe morals are evolutionary and not the product of human invented comic book clubs?

 

Isn't it funny that a Muslim or Jewish or Hindu or Atheist parent will protect their kid. Isn't it funny how all nations have traffic lights. Isn't it funny how we all react to someone robbing us. Isn't it funny that we all have pets. Isn't it funny how we all can play sports or read books?

 

What is sad is that you think you are special, just like Jews and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and all point to your culture's "teachings".

 

Yet the earth was around 4 billion years ago. And none of these religions were around 500,000 years ago. Do you really think any of the Abrahamic religions even if " all correct" will be arround 15 billion years from now?

 

Look, humans invent religions, you had a moment of fear and intellectual weakness and have been surrounded by religion all your life not knowing better.

 

The ancient Egyptians for 3,000 years were successful in FALSELY believing the sun was a god. Your myth will morph and change and die, and be replaced with a new superstition, just like they all do.

 

"Teaching" is not based on self serving ancient myth, not yours not theirs not any. "Teaching" is about facts, not social norms. We are all entitled to our own opinions, including the superstitions you don't swallow. But none of us are entitled to our own facts.

 

We follow,  as a species, religion, not because it is real, we do so as a species because it is a comforting lie.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

7 billion people on this planet, and somehow you magically have the cosmic bat phone to your sky daddy.

 

You make me feel like I should be administering driving tests at the DMV to unqualified teen agers. Get in line, take a number.

everybody can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

You work for Delusional Airlines don't you? I had frequent flier miles on your airlines for a while, but all I got was spotty take offs, lots of delays, and lots of crashes.

Fantasy is great for comic books, but lousy to explain reality.

 

See if you can spot the pattern?

 

Everyone can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Allah. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Yahweh. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Buddha. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Vishnu. He has open arms.

 

You do know what claims are like? Everyone has one.

 

 

 

 

here is the problem with your logic. Jesus IS Yahweh, so of course both those claims are correct. Allah is just God in another

 

language. Pick up an arabic Bible and you will discover this. As far as the Islamic God, technically speaking they still worship the God of Abraham, so we are still technically speaking referring to the same God. Buddha was never technically referred to as a God, just an enlightened man, and from every college level religion class I have taken, Buddhism is technically not a religion, so yes Buddha's

teachings can be looked at as morals to follow. Vishnu, along with the other Hindu gods are thought to be created

 

HOLLY SHIT, YOU GOT ME,

 

Except a few problems.

 

1 You really think I have never run into "Its all the same" argument before? I have a Mormon at work who says "he's just speaking different languages" You think magic underwear is lagit?

 

Lets just pretend now that all the religions outside Abraham are bullshit, (never mind you'd have an argument with those you call "created&quotEye-wink

 

Ok, so all three are correct? Really? So why Christianity? Why not be a Muslim or Jew? Much less Hindu or Buddhist.

 

If teachings are nothing but morals to follow then religion is not needed, neither the Abrahamic religions or those outside the three. "Teaching" what? Your personal desires and traditions?

 

Maybe morals are evolutionary and not the product of human invented comic book clubs?

 

Isn't it funny that a Muslim or Jewish or Hindu or Atheist parent will protect their kid. Isn't it funny how all nations have traffic lights. Isn't it funny how we all react to someone robbing us. Isn't it funny that we all have pets. Isn't it funny how we all can play sports or read books?

 

What is sad is that you think you are special, just like Jews and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and all point to your culture's "teachings".

 

Yet the earth was around 4 billion years ago. And none of these religions were around 500,000 years ago. Do you really think any of the Abrahamic religions even if " all correct" will be arround 15 billion years from now?

 

Look, humans invent religions, you had a moment of fear and intellectual weakness and have been surrounded by religion all your life not knowing better.

 

The ancient Egyptians for 3,000 years were successful in FALSELY believing the sun was a god. Your myth will morph and change and die, and be replaced with a new superstition, just like they all do.

 

"Teaching" is not based on self serving ancient myth, not yours not theirs not any. "Teaching" is about facts, not social norms. We are all entitled to our own opinions, including the superstitions you don't swallow. But none of us are entitled to our own facts.

 

We follow,  as a species, religion, not because it is real, we do so as a species because it is a comforting lie.

 

I really feel bad for you that you feel this way. Just know that Jesus loves you, and that it is never too late to accept Him into your life.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I really

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I really feel... blah blah blah

You are using the wrong tackle. He doesn't go for that Krab meat.

Keep trying Gordon. You'll catch one of those n00b fish and then claim you caught a "big one" to all your friends.

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
A slogan and an ad campaign in the U.S.A. --

 

 

   One does not simply  trust the  Gorton's Fisherman . .

 

 


 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Anthony Acevedo- God At Work! Awesome Sauce!

 


Tassman
atheist
Tassman's picture
Posts: 15
Joined: 2010-06-28
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

 

So you believe.  But Hindus would believe differently and neither you nor they can prove themselves right.  Nor is there anything other than subjective evidence that any of you are right.  Personally, given the lack of verifiable evidence, I think you are ALL wrong.   

 

 

____________________________________________________________

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." – Christopher Hitchens


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
Read my signature. You claim

Read my signature. You claim that Jesus had the insight to know the real world consequences of you committing a hit and run, jumping off a cliff, having friends smoking pot in your car, being lonely in 2011, having a past that might irk said girl, and your daughter being born prematurely. You then claim that he solved all of those. Most of it involves you getting away with things you were actually responsible for. Rather than saying "This was a close call. I was under-disciplined for these things, and I will make sure I am diligent about not repeating them" you simply thank Jesus and move on, while probably learning nothing. Also,

Quote:
I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together

Afraid or not, that's fucking dishonest. You just admitted that she only found out about your past by accident. Did you feel that it was not important for her to know because Jesus already did? If that's how you feel, then your moral system is demonstrably wrong. At worst, you should hold telling Jesus at the same level as squaring your faults with those you have wronged. At worst. Ideally it should matter less. 

As far as your baby girl, I'm happy that all went well. However, I have a sibling who was born 12 weeks premature (in the mid 80s no less) and is doing just fine. He spent some 4-6 weeks in hospital, despite being literally hand-held size at birth. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

             You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

 

                   "Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

 

 

    

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

7 billion people on this planet, and somehow you magically have the cosmic bat phone to your sky daddy.

 

You make me feel like I should be administering driving tests at the DMV to unqualified teen agers. Get in line, take a number.

everybody can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

You work for Delusional Airlines don't you? I had frequent flier miles on your airlines for a while, but all I got was spotty take offs, lots of delays, and lots of crashes.

Fantasy is great for comic books, but lousy to explain reality.

 

See if you can spot the pattern?

 

Everyone can call out to Jesus. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Allah. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Yahweh. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Buddha. He has open arms.

Everyone can call out to Vishnu. He has open arms.

 

You do know what claims are like? Everyone has one.

 

 

 

 

here is the problem with your logic. Jesus IS Yahweh, so of course both those claims are correct. Allah is just God in another

 

language. Pick up an arabic Bible and you will discover this. As far as the Islamic God, technically speaking they still worship the God of Abraham, so we are still technically speaking referring to the same God. Buddha was never technically referred to as a God, just an enlightened man, and from every college level religion class I have taken, Buddhism is technically not a religion, so yes Buddha's

teachings can be looked at as morals to follow. Vishnu, along with the other Hindu gods are thought to be created

 

HOLLY SHIT, YOU GOT ME,

 

Except a few problems.

 

1 You really think I have never run into "Its all the same" argument before? I have a Mormon at work who says "he's just speaking different languages" You think magic underwear is lagit?

 

Lets just pretend now that all the religions outside Abraham are bullshit, (never mind you'd have an argument with those you call "created&quotEye-wink

 

Ok, so all three are correct? Really? So why Christianity? Why not be a Muslim or Jew? Much less Hindu or Buddhist.

 

If teachings are nothing but morals to follow then religion is not needed, neither the Abrahamic religions or those outside the three. "Teaching" what? Your personal desires and traditions?

 

Maybe morals are evolutionary and not the product of human invented comic book clubs?

 

Isn't it funny that a Muslim or Jewish or Hindu or Atheist parent will protect their kid. Isn't it funny how all nations have traffic lights. Isn't it funny how we all react to someone robbing us. Isn't it funny that we all have pets. Isn't it funny how we all can play sports or read books?

 

What is sad is that you think you are special, just like Jews and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and all point to your culture's "teachings".

 

Yet the earth was around 4 billion years ago. And none of these religions were around 500,000 years ago. Do you really think any of the Abrahamic religions even if " all correct" will be arround 15 billion years from now?

 

Look, humans invent religions, you had a moment of fear and intellectual weakness and have been surrounded by religion all your life not knowing better.

 

The ancient Egyptians for 3,000 years were successful in FALSELY believing the sun was a god. Your myth will morph and change and die, and be replaced with a new superstition, just like they all do.

 

"Teaching" is not based on self serving ancient myth, not yours not theirs not any. "Teaching" is about facts, not social norms. We are all entitled to our own opinions, including the superstitions you don't swallow. But none of us are entitled to our own facts.

 

We follow,  as a species, religion, not because it is real, we do so as a species because it is a comforting lie.

 

I really feel bad for you that you feel this way. Just know that Jesus loves you, and that it is never too late to accept Him into your life.

I feel bad for you and any human that thinks there is a magical invisible sky daddy, your pet god claim and all. God belief is nothing but lets pretend, yours and every other claimed in human history.

No, Jesus is a character in a book of myth, nothing more.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky wrote:Read my

Jabberwocky wrote:

Read my signature. You claim that Jesus had the insight to know the real world consequences of you committing a hit and run, jumping off a cliff, having friends smoking pot in your car, being lonely in 2011, having a past that might irk said girl, and your daughter being born prematurely. You then claim that he solved all of those. Most of it involves you getting away with things you were actually responsible for. Rather than saying "This was a close call. I was under-disciplined for these things, and I will make sure I am diligent about not repeating them" you simply thank Jesus and move on, while probably learning nothing. Also,

Quote:
I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together

Afraid or not, that's fucking dishonest. You just admitted that she only found out about your past by accident. Did you feel that it was not important for her to know because Jesus already did? If that's how you feel, then your moral system is demonstrably wrong. At worst, you should hold telling Jesus at the same level as squaring your faults with those you have wronged. At worst. Ideally it should matter less. 

As far as your baby girl, I'm happy that all went well. However, I have a sibling who was born 12 weeks premature (in the mid 80s no less) and is doing just fine. He spent some 4-6 weeks in hospital, despite being literally hand-held size at birth. 

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
By the notoriously 'very unforgiving' and ill-tempered ascetic

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Read my signature. You claim that Jesus had the insight to know the real world consequences of you committing a hit and run, jumping off a cliff, having friends smoking pot in your car, being lonely in 2011, having a past that might irk said girl, and your daughter being born prematurely. You then claim that he solved all of those. Most of it involves you getting away with things you were actually responsible for. Rather than saying "This was a close call. I was under-disciplined for these things, and I will make sure I am diligent about not repeating them" you simply thank Jesus and move on, while probably learning nothing. Also,

Quote:
I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together

Afraid or not, that's fucking dishonest. You just admitted that she only found out about your past by accident. Did you feel that it was not important for her to know because Jesus already did? If that's how you feel, then your moral system is demonstrably wrong. At worst, you should hold telling Jesus at the same level as squaring your faults with those you have wronged. At worst. Ideally it should matter less. 

As far as your baby girl, I'm happy that all went well. However, I have a sibling who was born 12 weeks premature (in the mid 80s no less) and is doing just fine. He spent some 4-6 weeks in hospital, despite being literally hand-held size at birth. 

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

  You cannot Houdini your way out of this one "Post-cross" The seriously precarious place, is on record, by your act in  Lying about it to her . . .

 
  In Hindu sacred writ, there is the curse by the notoriously 'very unforgiving' and ill-tempered well known ascetic names Durvasas, he was a holy man; but didn't recognize a pitfall to be careful of not acknowledging your own sin. 
  There is a quite frightening aspect that has become a truism more than a common pitfall of American Evangelical males, once they've  someday married. They morph into the more shamefully spitefully self-righteous creatures that ever astride the earth.  Only adding to their personal guilt, in so doing. A form of self-deception!! l 'Premarital' counseling should be both a choice and an unconditional prerequisite for ANY who think they might be ending up in front of an Altar to be wed (no choice)!!
    This is not living out the faith .. which you have admitted you do not, so by your own standard, your claim, mentioned in the quote,  is reduced to non-sense, (on this one). This can't be made analogous to the "refining fires". Fretting over evil-doing, and arrogantly LYING to your radiant dearest Emily, out of the fear, which you are on record as admitting to, that she (the wife) might refuse to stay! Asking for no trouble, in this. Much as I can simulate sheepishness in me, trying ever so hard not to be sounding Durvasas-[-LY]. That said,  Ringing any bells ?

   Two edged sword fits thematically into this broadly See :: Holy Bible reference  Image and Upload ::



 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: I am

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

Are you saying that god orchestrated all of these events ? If so, where does the notion of free will come in ? 

Are you saying that god orchestrated all of the events and you CHOSE to interpret them as meaning to come closer to him ? If so, why did he have to orchestrate them in that regard ? Why didn't he simply put some other things in your past.

Are you saying that god did not orchestrate the events, but you took them as a sign ? If so, couldn't that be you just making it up as you go along ? 

Are you saying that god put all of this in your path for the sole purpose of influencing your life and knew what your decisions were going to be ?  Then he was simply playing with you, knowing already what you were going to do and could have prevented all of it in the first place.

So regardless of whatever angle that you are choosing to view this from, none of it makes any logical sense. 

So when you really take this from all angles and sound it down to its basic reduced form, it boils down to the fact that you are choosing to take this any way that you want to and are simply making it up as you go along. 

I could do that as well, if I wanted to. Here, let me use an experience for example : 

There was a weekend where I was working on my motorcycle with a much older biker bro (old greybeards we call them). Well, it just so happens that this 60s song : If Your Going to San Francisco by Scott Mackenzie was on the radio in the garage. This old dude just happened to have been a part of the motorcycle scene in San Francisco during that decade and told me some stories about Hells Angels and Haight Asbury.

A week later, I was in the bookstore and picking up a copy of a Harlan Ellison book. It just so happened the cashier remarked to me that he had met, writer Harlan Ellison at a college lecture in San Francisco. 

About a couple of weeks later, I was in a barbershop and getting my hair cut. The girl that was cutting my hair happened to ask me where I was from (New Jersey but it is not important) but after a long conversation I asked her where she was from and guess what ? Yep, she was born and raised in San Francisco. 

So, I happened to ask her out and we have been together ever since. So, what do Yahweh, San Francisco and Fate have in common ? I would be willing to say, lucky coincidence. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:    

danatemporary wrote:

 

 

   One does not simply  trust the  Gorton's Fisherman . .

 

 


 

 

WOW! After some 30 years? I finally realize my mistake? Gorton's vs. Gordon's....

And so many other people who pronounce it with a D and not a T


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Read my signature. You claim that Jesus had the insight to know the real world consequences of you committing a hit and run, jumping off a cliff, having friends smoking pot in your car, being lonely in 2011, having a past that might irk said girl, and your daughter being born prematurely. You then claim that he solved all of those. Most of it involves you getting away with things you were actually responsible for. Rather than saying "This was a close call. I was under-disciplined for these things, and I will make sure I am diligent about not repeating them" you simply thank Jesus and move on, while probably learning nothing. Also,

Quote:
I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together

Afraid or not, that's fucking dishonest. You just admitted that she only found out about your past by accident. Did you feel that it was not important for her to know because Jesus already did? If that's how you feel, then your moral system is demonstrably wrong. At worst, you should hold telling Jesus at the same level as squaring your faults with those you have wronged. At worst. Ideally it should matter less. 

As far as your baby girl, I'm happy that all went well. However, I have a sibling who was born 12 weeks premature (in the mid 80s no less) and is doing just fine. He spent some 4-6 weeks in hospital, despite being literally hand-held size at birth. 

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

God "allows", that is the problem right there. If he wants to take it out on adults, he is still a prick even if the adult was good and simply belonged to the wrong club, that is one thing. BUT, your kid, or the microwaved kid, or kids that die from cancer, or kids that get raped or molested, UNDER HIS WATCH. Just remember, you said "ALLOWED".

 

I am sorry, there is simply no excuse WHEN someone has the absolute power every single time to stop harm to a kid, but does not. This character is a vile prick in my book.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
↑ .. Reading in the context of this Thread . .

>  Something borrowed   something shrew ---

 

>How would a massive revolt affect the ominpotence of the god or one of the other omni-aspects mentioned below ?

 Thanks to the Bible, there a biography to examine (NOT failing to mention in passing the profound syncretism which is only shed light upon by examining neighboring cultures' 'type' gods), by what is written in the texts. Are there other examples that could be considered utterly irreconcilable, if not alarming ? I always found it interesting to wonder about the Angels, described in the texts, it used to be perplexing to me, when I was much younger. I am honestly curious about what others think, Christians included. According to the Bible, the last book (that should have never been included) it states in Rev. 12 one third of the stars in the sky were cast to the earth, by the Dragon's tail. This has be interpreted all over to mean, an entire one third of the angelic hosts sided with the Devil in an insurrection against the Holy God! I am suggesting regarding this comment, it is hard to understand what it would be like to be "All-knowing", the back drop of the War in the Heavens ..is not suggesting you have to be a big fan of what goes on, by any means. Supposedly, An attempt to establish another authority by the act of revolt and rebellion. Oh, this is meaning countless angels gave G-d the two fingered salute, said effectively F***-you, we reject You, they made clear. And I aint working for you anymore !!  A thornier issue is Ominscience. Why suggest this ? If the god were Omnipresence but in no way Ominscient. Then this War in Heaven could take place. If He knew everything in advance in a unlimited pure Ominscient way, the War would not need to take place at all. You see, it merely would end up a costumed farce. Why bother, at all ?  Note I could remind any, Hell was originally set up for the Devil and his angels as it very explicit in at least 3-4 locations in the New Testament, two Gospel references, and in other writings. The insurrectionists  were out numbered  by what two to one?  Just cast the whole lott (of them) the insurrectionists into the bowels of Hell to remain for whatever length of time they are there. Rebels defeated, they all go home. Order finally restored. Btw, In completely human terms, If I were a leader and such a large number of subjects having revolted, my natural inclination would be to course correct. Learn from my errors, being sure to best as I could avoid similar mistakes, so the past mistakes weren't repeated, setting the stage for this happening all over again. Best case. Then free will would be central to the argument, as set forth by apologists. It still doesnt speak well of the whole idea of Ominscient ALMIGHTY, to keep this whole drama in place and the need for a War in the Heavens, and all according to the pages of the sacred book(s). (?) Although, It ultimately comes down to "why" choose not to act, (or not act "immediately" )?.  You cannot be sure it is logically impossible. Only if, Sometimes a fatal error is committed in defining things into an indescribable abstraction. It becomes completely unrelatable to a disgustingly nth degree.

 How would this massive revolt affect the ominpotence of the god or one of the other omni-aspects mentioned here ? In fairness, Are there any limiting factors to take into consideration, or no ?      Well, Are there limiting factors  THEN .. JLY ? (?)

 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
DP (Double Post)

DP  (Double Post)


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 here is what the problem

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You all put God in your own pre defined box. The Bible says man can not know the mind of God. He will never fit our own personal definitions of Him. Take Him out of your box.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: here

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You all put God in your own pre defined box. The Bible says man can not know the mind of God. He will never fit our own personal definitions of Him. Take Him out of your box.

But are you not doing the same thing ? You are quantifying god by giving him a definition of his will for you and pretending to know that he is somehow "working in your life".

So, when you mention about the premature birth glorifying the will of god and other such things that seemed to have been carefully orchestrated to put the events into place, are you not doing the same thing that you are accusing us of doing ? 

Who is really putting god in a box here ? The skeptic who asks about ALL of the events in the world ? Or the one who thinks that the universe somehow magically revolves around him. 

I have already cited several personal examples (i.e. the radio station song, the san francisco events) that have happened in my life and yet I do not see them being guided by a Providence/Fate. 

Anymore than I believe there are three fates spinning yarn and deciding when to cut the string. 

So, I ask you to explain how I am the one that is putting god in a box ? 

Of course, you will probably ignore this post as you have done all of my previous ones. 

Truth to be told, I do not have any clue why I am following this thread, as it has become a circular discussion and is seemingly going nowhere. 

Chalk it up to the fact that the past few days have been uneventful and I have had too much spare time on my hands. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: here

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You all put God in your own pre defined box. The Bible says man can not know the mind of God. He will never fit our own personal definitions of Him. Take Him out of your box.

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You take all other gods and put them in to your own pre defined box. The hindu text says that man can know the mind of Vishnu. Vishnu will never fit your own personal definitions. Take all the other gods out of your box.

 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
.. MAYA IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE . .

> .. MAYA  IS  STRONG  WITH THIS  ONE . .
 

   re :: .. Maya is strong with this one, and .. she was all radiant and transfigured within her light


 

Danatemporary wrote:
. .Paradoxically, Religious people need more religious studies (broader knowledge) and not less!

 

 

 

RAINBOW CONNECTION ( a song )--

  Why are there so many Songs about rainbows? And what's on the other side ??? Rainbows are visions  But only illusions And rainbows have nothing to hide  So we've been told And some choose to believe itI know they're wrong wait and see Someday we'll find it The rainbow connection The lovers, the dreamers and me  Who said that ev'ry wish Would be heard and answered When wished on the morning star Somebody thought of that And someone believed it Look what it's done so far What's so amazing That keeps us star-gazing?And what do we think we might see Someday we'll find it The rainbow connection The lovers, the dreamers and me Have you been half asleep And have you heard voices? We've heard them calling our name  Is this the sweet sound; That calls the young sailors? The voice might be one and the same. I've heard it too many times to ignore it. It's something that I'm supposed to be? Someday we'll find it The rainbow connection The lovers, the dreamers and me    
                                                                                                                                                                                                           ¬ WILLIAMS/ASCHER
 

    

________


 Back in May of 2012

Danatemporary wrote:
. .Paradoxically, Religious people need more religious studies (broader knowledge) and not less!

 

  . . .


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You all put God in your own pre defined box. The Bible says man can not know the mind of God. He will never fit our own personal definitions of Him. Take Him out of your box.

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You take all other gods and put them in to your own pre defined box. The hindu text says that man can know the mind of Vishnu. Vishnu will never fit your own personal definitions. Take all the other gods out of your box.

 

 

herein lies your problem. We are discussing the one true Creator God. Vishnu and those of the like are false. You can't box what is not there. Sorry to break it to you.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 

 herein lies your problem. We are discussing the one true Creator God. Vishnu and those of the like are false. You can't box what is not there. Sorry to break it to you.

And once again you have ignored all of my points and posts. What is a matter, don't you "love me" like your buddy Jesus does ?

Or could it be that you trolled here once before under another name and we did not get off on the right foot ?

Or could it be you have no answers to my questions ? 

You just keep making bold proclamations and assertions? What gives ? 

Could you possibly let Jesus chime in on this one ? 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
( No Subject )

( No Subject )

 

         James 3:13c-16 ..  " do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and self-interest exist, there is disorder and every evil thing"

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 

 herein lies your problem. We are discussing the one true Creator God. Vishnu and those of the like are false. You can't box what is not there. Sorry to break it to you.

And once again you have ignored all of my points and posts. What is a matter, don't you "love me" like your buddy Jesus does ?

Or could it be that you trolled here once before under another name and we did not get off on the right foot ?

Or could it be you have no answers to my questions ? 

You just keep making bold proclamations and assertions? What gives ? 

Could you possibly let Jesus chime in on this one ? 

you do not understand what love is. In love is truth. Truth can sometimes hurt. Jesus gave the authority to us to proclaim the gospel. What you are asking is the equivalent of a janitor asking the CEO to take out the trash.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:  you

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  you do not understand what love is. In love is truth. Truth can sometimes hurt. Jesus gave the authority to us to proclaim the gospel. What you are asking is the equivalent of a janitor asking the CEO to take out the trash.

Ah ! The truth of the arrogant/elitist is revealed at last.

Getting a bit sensitive are you ? 

Especially for one who has a messiah that spent all of his spare time with prostitutes and drunks. 

Sounds like I follow Jesus more closely than the believers. 

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  you do not understand what love is. In love is truth. Truth can sometimes hurt. Jesus gave the authority to us to proclaim the gospel. What you are asking is the equivalent of a janitor asking the CEO to take out the trash.

Ah ! The truth of the arrogant/elitist is revealed at last.

Getting a bit sensitive are you ? 

Especially for one who has a messiah that spent all of his spare time with prostitutes and drunks. 

Sounds like I follow Jesus more closely than the believers. 

 

and how would that be. Oh btw the truth in love thing is also part of a secular lesson guide that we use in the life skills class I teach to recruits.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:  Oh

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  Oh btw the truth in love thing is also part of a secular lesson guide that we use in the life skills class I teach to recruits.

Now that is a very disturbing thought. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I am not

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You all put God in your own pre defined box. The Bible says man can not know the mind of God. He will never fit our own personal definitions of Him. Take Him out of your box.

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You take all other gods and put them in to your own pre defined box. The hindu text says that man can know the mind of Vishnu. Vishnu will never fit your own personal definitions. Take all the other gods out of your box.

herein lies your problem. We are discussing the one true Creator God. Vishnu and those of the like are false. You can't box what is not there. Sorry to break it to you.



JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

So you think you have free will?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: here

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You all put God in your own pre defined box. The Bible says man can not know the mind of God. He will never fit our own personal definitions of Him. Take Him out of your box.

No, your problem is you define your god for your own personal wishes. Swallow first, then look for excuses to cling to an imaginary sky daddy.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

So you think you have free will?

God has always given us the power to chose. Doesnt always mean we make the right choice...take King David for example

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:God has

JesusLovesYou wrote:

God has always given us the power to chose. Doesnt always mean we make the right choice...take King David for example

First it is up to us, then it is a god orchestrating the whole event.

First god does things to us to draw us close, then it is our choice.

First its free will then it is not. 

This reminds me a lot of Orwell's 1984. 

No matter how you use the doublethink method, Orwell's fictional government was always in the right and the people were always in the wrong. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
This Train Dont STOP . . Elton-John

>  This train don't stop (don't 'stop' ), This train don't stop (don't 'stop'), this train don't stop there anymore. Oh, Yeah!

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You all put God in your own pre defined box. The Bible says man can not know the mind of God. He will never fit our own personal definitions of Him. Take Him out of your box.

 here is what the problem is. And its obvious. You take all other gods and put them in to your own pre defined box. The hindu text says that man can know the mind of Vishnu. Vishnu will never fit your own personal definitions. Take all the other gods out of your box.

herein lies your problem. We are discussing the one true Creator God. Vishnu and those of the like are false. You can't box what is not there. Sorry to break it to you.


 This Train don't stop (don't stop) . .  

When I said that I don't care
It really means my engine's just breaking down
The chisel chips my heart again
The granite cracks beneath my skin
I crumble into pieces on the ground

He used to be the main express
All steam and whistles heading west
Picking up my pain from door to door
Riding on the storyline
Furnace burning overtime
But this train don't stop,
This train don't stop,
This train don't stop there anymore

                                     ¬ Elton John

 p.s.  --  "Just Blowing off Steam" Limbaugh's comment about what people were getting up to  can be found on his site. From the May 4 2004 Rush Limbaugh Show.

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:God has

JesusLovesYou wrote:
God has always given us the power to chose. Doesnt always mean we make the right choice...take King David for example

There is no free will.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
♪ It wil cut you like a knief .. He had no metals . .

>It will cut you like a 'two-edged' knife ..   He had no metals . .

 

There's a cloak, like the night, that surrounds us, and you've locked your emotions inside, In the

darkness, your heart is the prisoner who waits to be tried

 

(Chorus)

Hardened hearts tell no lies, You can see through your disguise, Hardened hearts, you can't hide ..

 There are people who won't break their silence, there are people who won't break at all,

Again and again, they refuse to acknowledge at all, There are those who will chose isolation,

The hurt and the fear will [not] subside, but you've hardened your hearts to the truth you will always deny.

 Hardened hearts tell no lies, You can see through your disguise, Hardened hearts, you can't hide . .

 

                                                                                                        ¬ Allies


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Quote:
What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)
She was born prematurely to Glorify God. Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

 

Seven years ago, Charles Roberts entered an Amish school in Pennsylvania, and shot several girls to death.  According to his widow, his action was in part due to him "getting back at the Lord" for the death of their daughter, as a result of premature birth.

So what happened here?  Did jesus just forget to magically rehabilitate Roberts' prematurely born daughter?  

Perhaps it's the girls who survived the shooting who have to say "ONLY JESUS" in this case.  Apparently one girl asked to be shot first, to score extra time for the others.  jesus must have magically coerced her to make that request.

 

(NOTE:  Raising 2nd yellow card for Poe) 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
Posts: 148
Joined: 2011-11-30
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra

zarathustra wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Quote:
What did jesus do?  Magically accelerate her progress?  (Incidentally, why didn't jesus just magically have her be born at the correct time, instead of prematurely?)
She was born prematurely to Glorify God. Her progress was a testimony of His glory.

 

Seven years ago, Charles Roberts entered an Amish school in Pennsylvania, and shot several girls to death.  According to his widow, his action was in part due to him "getting back at the Lord" for the death of their daughter, as a result of premature birth.

So what happened here?  Did jesus just forget to magically rehabilitate Roberts' prematurely born daughter?  

Perhaps it's the girls who survived the shooting who have to say "ONLY JESUS" in this case.  Apparently one girl asked to be shot first, to score extra time for the others.  jesus must have magically coerced her to make that request.

 

(NOTE:  Raising 2nd yellow card for Poe) 

How about a red card for Poe?

Those girls are all in heaven now, so it's actually better for them. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

 

 

Even mysterious, zealous murderer ways. Got cancer and got better? Praise be to God! Got cancer and didn't get better? Praise be to God! Aparently, the only bad thing you can do is not believe in him.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15732
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am not saying my actions did not have consequences. God allowed those things to happen, such as my wife finding out my dirt, because it was defiling our marriage, what God sees as holy. I was sent through the fire to have my impurities purged. My hit and run lost me credibility at work, causing me to not get promoted for a long time, but it brought me closer to God. I never said I got off with no repercussion.

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

So you think you have free will?

God has always given us the power to chose. Doesnt always mean we make the right choice...take King David for example

 

No, there is no god, not yours not any. You cannot peddle your delusion here, you are not dealing with stupid gullible people here.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Are you saying that absolutely everything that ever happens requires god's permission?

no. We are allowed to make our decisions. But if u call on Him, He will answer

What does calling on him have to do with anything?  I simply asked if things can happen that god doesn't want to? If he's both omnipotent and omniscient, that doesn't seem like a possibility. Because it's due to some sort of agreement regarding free will, then I'm not impressed. If that's the case, why is upholding the free-will concord with someone who is extraordinarily reckless with it (such as a genocidal dictator, or a serial rapist) more important than the safety of innocent people and the well-being of any of their victims? 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
It's shaping up rather nicely, you've got to have faith AE

 

Quote:
Thinking about it is more interesting than arguing with JLY about who was responsible for the survival of his premmie

 

    In case  I ever fail to mention it AE  you are a treasure,   just the way you are, ( I sound like Mr. Fred Rogers ).  Overall,  this Thread  is corresponding and it's shaping up rather nicely.  You've got to have faith!