Breaking: Kent Hovind's Doctoral Dissertation!

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Breaking: Kent Hovind's Doctoral Dissertation!

I'm not kidding.  PZ Meyers seems to believe it's true.  Brought to you via Pharyngula, here is Kent Hovind's Doctoral Dissertation!

Wikileaks makes me very, very happy.  If one of the links doesn't work keep trying, I'm sure they're just busy.

Wikileaks Rules!

Please, post your favourite quote from the dissertation.

From the first page: 'It is my burning desire ...'

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is Hovind not getting enough

Is Hovind not getting enough prison sex? How the fuck is he getting a Doctorate and who would be stupid enough to give him one? Or is this a drudge from the past pre prison crap?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian, follow the link and

Brian, follow the link and read the damned thing.  He wrote this in 1991.  He is, after all, Dr. Kent Hovind as per Partiot Bible University.  Just so you know, a doctorate doesn't so much mean anything when it's not from an accredited university, but rather from a joke school.  The breaking news is that this is the first time it's been seen publicly.  Enjoy.  I mean it, too.  It's as though it was written by a grade schooler (though I've seen more impressive writing from grade schoolers).

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
"The bible has never been

"The bible has never been proven wrong yet, and I believe it never will be."

Can I go out on a limb and say there's a high correlation between a lack of intelligence and bad grammar?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I only got the Wikileaka

I only got the Wikileaka link. But yea, what the fuck was I thinking?

It is a PDF file, if I am reading the link correctly. and I already have enough crap on my computer.

The website for his "university" is a JOKE. Even the "tuition" is laughable.

I don't think I need to dirty my hard drive for this.

How many stupid ways can people argue that the earth is 10,000 years old . I am sure reading this can be as entertaining as watching the Flintstones.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:"The

v4ultingbassist wrote:

"The bible has never been proven wrong yet, and I believe it never will be."

Can I go out on a limb and say there's a high correlation between a lack of intelligence and bad grammar?

Remember intelligence was not important for Patriot University just as it's not important for AiG's "peer-reviewed" journal.

It's how far you want to go up the deity's bum.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I can't believe it's 102

I can't believe it's 102 pages

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
"While all of the evidence

"While all of the evidence is not in yet, I feel it is still the best option to take God's word at face value." - Kent Hovind

"To really understand the history of evolution, we have to understand the author. Satan is the master-mind  behind this false doctrine." - Kent Hovind with no proof

I stopped at page 16, don't have the time to waste.   Good find Thomathy it'll be on the homepage.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I can't

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

He must have used every crayon in the box.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kent Bovine

Thomathy wrote:

Please, post your favourite quote from the dissertation.

From the first page: 'It is my burning desire ...'

I have to use 2 quotes to make my point sorry, Thom:

"If the bible says something...then that is how it happened."

arm in arm with:

"Now as a science teacher I want to keep an open mind and understand."

Fucking moron.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Deadly Fingergun

Deadly Fingergun wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Crayons? Humn, that is a step up. Are you sure this "doctorate thesis"  wasn't  a cave painting?

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Deadly

Brian37 wrote:

Deadly Fingergun wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Crayons? Humn, that is a step up. Are you sure this "doctorate thesis"  wasn't  a cave painting?

Recent news suggests more a feces smeared on a cage wall.

Or was that more recent work? Prison does odd things to weak minded people.

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awesome! I love

Awesome! I love wikleaks.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Me either.

The content is not very surprising though. I read a few pages of it. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
I tried

But I seriously could not read this, it was just ridiculous from the first page till the last (and by last I mean the last page I read), I mean at this supposed level (PhD) are you not supposed to be able to type complete sentences and write with grammar above that of a 7 year old?

However the quote is, well there are too many that show the massive amount of ignorance this moron has, basically the whole chapter of the history of evolution, it's just the beginning and really you do not need to move beyond that, all you have to do is read that one chapter and know that this man knows squat about evolution. The fact that he starts talking about the origin of the universe in regards to the history of evolution just shows how moronic this man is. However I couldn't finish reading that chapter, it was just chalk full of stupidity, ignorance and well, just plain stupidity, I think I lost about 10 IQ points just reading it, and my head hurts, my eyes are red and in pain as well, DAMN IT KENT HOVIND has to be one of the most moronic people on this planet.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:But I

latincanuck wrote:

But I seriously could not read this, it was just ridiculous from the first page till the last (and by last I mean the last page I read), I mean at this supposed level (PhD) are you not supposed to be able to type complete sentences and write with grammar above that of a 7 year old?

However the quote is, well there are too many that show the massive amount of ignorance this moron has, basically the whole chapter of the history of evolution, it's just the beginning and really you do not need to move beyond that, all you have to do is read that one chapter and know that this man knows squat about evolution. The fact that he starts talking about the origin of the universe in regards to the history of evolution just shows how moronic this man is. However I couldn't finish reading that chapter, it was just chalk full of stupidity, ignorance and well, just plain stupidity, I think I lost about 10 IQ points just reading it, and my head hurts, my eyes are red and in pain as well, DAMN IT KENT HOVIND has to be one of the most moronic people on this planet.

If you commit murder and get put on death row, there will be another option besides the needle, but it wont be painless. You'd be put in a chamber and forced to read the entire thing.

OR, if you are deemed a terrorist they could force you to read this in loo of water boarding.You'll be begging for the water boarding.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

Now I know what it must of felt like to be the editor of the twilight series.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: Now I know

ClockCat wrote:

Or what it must've felt like to have been the editor of your posts?  Hehe.  No, seriously, Kent Hovind is way worse ...well ...yeah.

BigUniverse wrote,

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: Now I know

ClockCat wrote:

ba-ZING!

seriously, i assigned my high school freshmen english students an essay on their favorite book or film (a simple topic i know, but bear in mind they're studying english as a foreign language).  i got to a point where i almost screamed if i saw another essay on twilight.  i started skimming the first line and if i saw "twilight" anywhere i automatically gave them a B and moved on.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

Thomathy wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Or what it must've felt like to have been the editor of your posts?  Hehe.  No, seriously, Kent Hovind is way worse ...well ...yeah.

Must have. Fine, linguistical Hitler.

/comparing me to Kent Hovind. I see how it is.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, he's way worse than

Well, he's way worse than you.  Anyone should take that comparison as high praise.  Don't worry, I will still pet you.  Good kitty.

BigUniverse wrote,

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
What got me was that there

What got me was that there were no sources for that 102 page pile of dreck.

He basically pulled his information from the Bible and his sphincter.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes

jcgadfly wrote:

There's a defnite connection there...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:What got me

jcgadfly wrote:

What got me was that there were no sources for that 102 page pile of dreck.

Well, that is part of the evolution of myth. They only place humans can pull that crap from, is their sphincter. Early humans pulled volcano gods out of their asses. Kent just doesn't understand that his super hero isn't the first one made up in human history.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
As the PS3 doesn't have a

As the PS3 doesn't have a way to read PDF's, I can't comment directly... but doesn't a dissertation REQUIRE, by definition, sources? If I recall correctly, the point is to take research to build a new hypothesis or theory. Without sources, no dissertation is possible.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sprenger (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hey, like the site. Just

Hey, like the site. Just seen it mentioned in (that other creationist loon) Comfort's website.

Anyway. I scanned Kent's pile'o'fail.

It has no proper structure, the grammar is awful, there are multiple word omissions and spelling mistakes. Worse still, it has no explicitly defined scope, it rambles from one thing to another, it parks some issues for later in the "book" and then never mentions them again. There are no proper references, the arguments are poorly formed and extremely repetitive, it is full of unsubstantiated claims, it uses anecdotal "evidence" and blatant lies. Finally and very significantly it does not draw any conclusions, it just stops.

It is as if Kent himself got bored with it.

It obvious why he kept this hidden for so long (despite the fact that it should be available to the public), and his claim that he was still adding to it (despite the fact that you cannot do that with a dissertation.)