Fear and Fundies in Las Vegas..........

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fear and Fundies in Las Vegas..........

The actual news package was balanced in my estimation. But the response from the Christian interviewed was quite typical. She basically admitted that she would destroy private property because she didn't like the message.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11706391

But once again, I truly am in awe of where the atheist voice was in 01 and where it is today. There still is a long way to go, but wow....................how far we have come.

This should encourage everyone, no matter how small the effort, to take part. Raise your voice. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper. E-mail your local tv stations. Write your local and national elected officials. It does work.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

SapphireMind
SapphireMind's picture
User is offlineOffline
This was on my local news

This was on my local news tonight....I actually posted a thread in the debate section about it.  If that's a faux pas, I apologize - I'm still finding my feet!

"Shepherd Book once said to me, 'If you can't do something smart, do something right.'" - Jayne

Personally subverting biological evolution in favor of social evolution every night I go to work!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
SapphireMind wrote:This was

SapphireMind wrote:

This was on my local news tonight....I actually posted a thread in the debate section about it.  If that's a faux pas, I apologize - I'm still finding my feet!

For this your punishment is to confess.............nevermind.........we all know what goes on in confessionals.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

SapphireMind
SapphireMind's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, no more confession for

Yeah, no more confession for me.  I will send you cyber-cookies though!  :D  Just imagine how tasty they are!

"Shepherd Book once said to me, 'If you can't do something smart, do something right.'" - Jayne

Personally subverting biological evolution in favor of social evolution every night I go to work!