Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ghetto Mentality

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
The ghetto mentality

The only one between the two of us who has a "ghetto mentality" is you.

Thats how drug dealers think. That is how gang members think. As long as they get what they want, fuck everyone else.

If "every man for themselves" is your mentality your mindset fits that "ghetto mentality", not mine.

Again, Germany has janitors and dish washers too. But they have less of a pay gap and far better education and less of a crime rate. WHY? Because their government and their top money makers care and build and the workers are treated as important, not trash like you treat the poor.

What scares you? That the middle class and working poor are finally saying enough? Are you scared that if more people get educations you wont be able to treat them like shit?

YOU are the problem, not the middle class and poor. YOU and your selfish attitude that as long as you make money you have no duty or loyalty to the community you live in. THAT is what creates ghettos.

Keep it up, maybe we can have shanty towns and mountains covered in trash just like Tijuana. It would be fantastic if the entire nation looked like that.

YOU are the one setting the standards low and you are too deluded to realize it. You are merely perpetuating the global economic race to the bottom.

By ghetto mentality I meant the type of thinking that permeates people who are unable to get themselves out of it. Generally, it is the attitude that they are unable to earn more money, unable to own part of the means of production and unable to improve their personal lives. Instead of looking at what they are doing and trying things differently they point the finger at others. Namely, those who have succeeded. They believe that success in capitalism is based mainly on exploiting/taking advantage of others. So if their life sucks, it is because someone exploited them. Since they believe it is impossible to improve their lot in life, they don't try. You and your ideology supports that type of thinking.

When I tell people with ghetto mentality what things they could do to succeed they usually respond by declaring me delusional or say "its not that easy" or "you don't know what you're talking about". I don't know why people resist advice so much. People on this site have routinely asserted "you don't understand what it is like" etc. Yeah, I know what its like not having enough money for food. Especially when you are too proud/stubborn to get government aid. I ate my share of ramen. Once a week I went to a church that had a charity dinner. I remember having a romantic candle lit dinner on a park bench eating Wendy's as an anniversary dinner with my girlfriend. I have been at both ends of the tax bracket. About the only thing that I have no experience with is having kids to take care of. Which I admit would have been a fucking nightmare back then. 

Yet while those with the ghetto mentality tell me I have no clue what its like to live on an income I have in fact lived on, they have all sorts of advice on how to run a business even though they never ran one. It is kind of like an Amish telling you how to drive a car. If you think the pay gap is a problem, I can tell you specific things you can do to increase your own income and therefore decrease the pay gap. If you refuse to do those things, then you really only have yourself to blame. Those with the ghetto mentality will refuse to accept that they could increase their income.

This mentality is strong and seems to be spreading to much of the lower middle class as well. When I ask people specifically, "what prevents you from making more money" I rarely get an answer at all. If I do get an answer it is some made up problem like "it takes money to make money" or "I don't have the training". When I offer a solution to those problems, it is almost always rejected as "impossible" even if I point out specific examples of people who did what I am suggesting. Obviously those people got "lucky". Well the only way to get "lucky" and shoot a hoop playing basketball is to throw the damn ball. If you never throw the ball, you don't have a basis for bitching about never making a basket.

You are right that it is about attitude. Those with ghetto mentality will always have the attitude that every problem is someone else's fault and a reason to not try. Those with entrepreneur mentality look at every problem as a temporary obstacle and find ways around it. When someone with the ghetto mentality fails in an endeavor, they look at it as evidence they were doomed from the start. People with ghetto mentality are pessimistic and use any hardship as an excuse to give up. When they fail, they point the finger and say "I couldn't help it" or "there is nothing I could do". 

When someone with entrepreneur mentality fails, they look at it as a learning experience and try again. People who are financially successful almost always have confidence, optimism and persistence, even in the face of unexpected disasters. They accept their failures as lessons and move on. Externally caused hardships are viewed as obstacles that will be overcome. They have a clear and definite vision of what they want to achieve and they find a way to get there. If any business venture I am involved in fails, I don't run around pointing fingers. Even if external parties are involved, I look at the decisions I made and consider what I could have done differently. 

If you are sitting around blaming others for your financial situation, you have ghetto mentality. If you are one of those that tells people who dare to dream of great things that they need to be "realistic" about their expectations, you are part of the culture that is pushing ghetto mentality. If you aren't happy with your income level or career or employer, you can change it. You can work for someone else. I've had my share of shitty employers. It was a running joke among those who knew me that I had a new job every pay period. Every time I saw someone I hadn't seen for awhile they would ask "So what job are you doing now?" 

The mentality that makes people look at employers as if they have so much power, like they are slave owners and your the slave. It doesn't make sense to me. And if people feel that way, I don't know why the continue going to work. I would rather live on very little money than put up with feeling enslaved/exploited by an employer. You are giving an employer your most valuable asset- time. Don't give it to them lightly. Demand the money and respect you believe your time is worth, and if you don't get it, go elsewhere. If no one is offering you a job, create your own. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
For me, I just prefer to be

For me, I just prefer to be left alone.  I don't want to participate in an involuntary society where a government can through extortion, theft, robbery, take your money against your will.  If it is by a voluntary means, that is fine.  I consider any form of direct taxation as unjust.  That can be income tax, property tax, and any other that you must hand over or lose property or lose your freedom.  Taxes such as sales, excise, or severance are fine as it is a voluntary form of taxation. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
So instead of government,

So instead of government, which is reliable and controllable to a degree, you'll hand all power over to private corporations who are reliable only in pursuing profits and completely uncontrollable which make the government look like a charity by comparison. Good plan.

Get rid of cops, firefighters, doctors, roads, laws, etc. Let the guy with the biggest gun do what he wants when he wants.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:So instead of

Vastet wrote:
So instead of government, which is reliable and controllable to a degree, you'll hand all power over to private corporations who are reliable only in pursuing profits and completely uncontrollable which make the government look like a charity by comparison. Good plan. Get rid of cops, firefighters, doctors, roads, laws, etc. Let the guy with the biggest gun do what he wants when he wants.

You are making an assumption.  I am for government that only protects my rights.  I do not want a nanny state.   I government to stick strictly to the explicit limits of the United States Constitution.  The problem with the corporations is that government picks favorites.  The government has a symbiotic relationship with certain large corporations and the corporations have a benefit from the government spending and selecting them.  I prefer a level playing field but you get neither when you have big government and big corporate.  People want to complain about big corporate but the fact is that big corporate cannot exist without big government.  Get rid of the government favoritism and thinks like no-bid contracts, have government only stick to keeping my rights free and not trying to do things for me. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Burnedout

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

There is a common running fallacy among many.  There is this belief and attitude that the world owes you something.  Where is that written?  Just because you are born, just means you were born.  Simple enough.  The world owes you nothing and what you get out of this world is what you put forth in effort and creativity.  Quit whining and start thinking of ways to do something.  There is another phrase for it....GROWING UP!

The world owes me nothing. The rich thieves, on the other hand, owe me a LOT. I intend to collect.

What did they "steal" from you that you can quantify? 

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:For me, I

Burnedout wrote:

For me, I just prefer to be left alone.  I don't want to participate in an involuntary society where a government can through extortion, theft, robbery, take your money against your will.  If it is by a voluntary means, that is fine.  I consider any form of direct taxation as unjust.  That can be income tax, property tax, and any other that you must hand over or lose property or lose your freedom.  Taxes such as sales, excise, or severance are fine as it is a voluntary form of taxation. 

How do you propose funding those government services associated with employment, protection of property, and other "bad" taxes?

This is what drives me batty about people who are anti-tax -- do you understand that you're supposed to receive government services in exchange for taxes?  And if you don't want to pay for those services (like, OSHA, EEOC, etc) who does?

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You are making an

Quote:
You are making an assumption.

No. I'm extending your argument to its logical conclusion. If taxes are voluntary, who's going to pay them? If there's no income to provide the services I mentioned, the services will not be available.

Libertarians never think things through, and get stuck on romanticised freedom.

Quote:

Money.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Quote:You are

Vastet wrote:
Quote:
No. I'm extending your argument to its logical conclusion. If taxes are voluntary, who's going to pay them? If there's no income to provide the services I mentioned, the services will not be available. Libertarians never think things through, and get stuck on romanticised freedom.
Quote:
Money.

I'd say they extorted labor.  Stealing money is the =result= of extorting labor.

You can see this very clearly with how companies deal with labor unions and off-shoring -- companies threaten to fire workers who organize for better working conditions, or they  threaten to send jobs overseas if workers won't grant concessions.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well put.

Well put.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

How do you propose funding those government services associated with employment, protection of property, and other "bad" taxes?

This is what drives me batty about people who are anti-tax -- do you understand that you're supposed to receive government services in exchange for taxes?  And if you don't want to pay for those services (like, OSHA, EEOC, etc) who does?

Until 1913, the USA funded the federal government with mainly excise taxes and tariffs.  Tariffs actually funded the military.  Sales taxes are avoidable but not easily.  Besides, indirect taxes are fair.  They get everyone who spends money, even the people who have illegal enterprises.  As for those agencies, they are either unconstitutional or unneeded.  If it takes more than what you get in the form of indirect taxes, then the government is too big.  Besides, there are as of now, 9 states in the USA who have no income tax and they do just fine.  In most cases they manage to balance their budgets much easier than states with an income tax. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Vastet

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Quote:
No. I'm extending your argument to its logical conclusion. If taxes are voluntary, who's going to pay them? If there's no income to provide the services I mentioned, the services will not be available. Libertarians never think things through, and get stuck on romanticised freedom.
Quote:
Money.

I'd say they extorted labor.  Stealing money is the =result= of extorting labor.

You can see this very clearly with how companies deal with labor unions and off-shoring -- companies threaten to fire workers who organize for better working conditions, or they  threaten to send jobs overseas if workers won't grant concessions.

How can they extort you?  You agreed and signed on to a job and they paid you.  Unless they stiff you pay and any other parts of the contract you and they signed, they owe you nothing.  I have my own small business.  When you add all those extras as a mandate, it effectively prices a company out of the market.  If you want the companies to produce here and hire more people here, there are one of two options.  1) Raise tariffs for the imported goods equal to that of the domestically produced ones.  2) Cut costs equal to that of the competition, even the over seas competition. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Quote:You are

Vastet wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Money.

You are extending based on an assumption.  There are 9 states that do not have an income tax.  Most rely on some kind of sales tax and they function just fine. If they can do it so can the Federal Government.  I live in Florida, there is also New Hampshire, Tennessee, South Dakota, Texas, Nevada, Wyoming, Washington State, and Alaska.  Plus, those non income tax states managed to balance their budget much more easily than the states with an income tax.  They do just fine without government interfering as much in the market place. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I HAD to get a job to eat

I HAD to get a job to eat and pay rent. The ONLY option was to accept less than I was worth or forfeit the ability to survive conventionally. I intend to get my value out of the work I had NO choice but to accept.

Lion IRC
Theist
Lion IRC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Putting biblical references to "slavery" in perspecive.

I'm a slave - to economic reality. We all are.

Work or die?

Well, not quite, but it does put biblical references to slavery into perspective. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Actually, people work

Quote:
Actually, people work together for selfish reasons.

Would you prefer the working class just rip each other apart when things go badly on a job site?  Besides, a lot of people have made friends, gotten girlfriends/boyfriends at their jobs and have gained contacts for future references.  Not all jobs require you to put on a fake smile although there are a good number of them.  When it comes to the monetary system, there are no "selfish reasons" to work side-by-side; it's a question of survival.

Quote:
You do a job because you get paid and you agree to get paid that level and you agree to do the work.  That situation is mutually beneficial.  If it is not, sooner or later the relationship ends.

That's not always the case.  Your boss can be a real prick, but nice to you during the hiring process.  He could shaft you without you realizing it and you're forced to either take it up the ass or question if the job is really worth it and quit.  On the other hand, you could get a really good boss that doesn't fuck with you and if you have a problem, want a raise or time off, you can get it without a bunch of bullshit.  Furthermore, you can always try to work your way up the ladder if you have the drive for it.  This, of course, goes back to your boss being a prick and other extenuating circumstances.  

Quote:
Even a whore gets benefit from her service and her client gets a benefit from it and it is paid for.  We are all whores of some kind, just some are cheaper than others.

Yes, those STDs sure benefit her.  Oh, that reminds me, I have to go turn on the red light, put on these heels and do my rouge, excuse me...

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I HAD to get a

Vastet wrote:
I HAD to get a job to eat and pay rent. The ONLY option was to accept less than I was worth or forfeit the ability to survive conventionally. I intend to get my value out of the work I had NO choice but to accept.

There are always more options to life than that.  Use that highly evolved imagination.  (That does not mean you may not have to take a shit job for a short or temporary basis) You can start your own business.  When I got into business, I did it with a mere $300. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
Would you prefer the working class just rip each other apart when things go badly on a job site?  Besides, a lot of people have made friends, gotten girlfriends/boyfriends at their jobs and have gained contacts for future references.  Not all jobs require you to put on a fake smile although there are a good number of them.  When it comes to the monetary system, there are no "selfish reasons" to work side-by-side; it's a question of survival.

Just because somebody works for selfish reasons does not mean there is not a mutual satisfaction and friendship out of the deal.  Who says people rip each other apart?  Let's put it this way, if you were working in a place that paid you 'X' amount and you had many friends around there, but you saw an opportunity to make 'X' + 50, would you not try to get on making more money or at least think about trying to go to the company that paid it?  I know of nobody aside from a deluded theist who would turn down the extra money, all the rest being equal. 

Quote:
That's not always the case.  Your boss can be a real prick, but nice to you during t[he hiring process.  He could shaft you without you realizing it and you're forced to either take it up the ass or question if the job is really worth it and quit.  On the other hand, you could get a really good boss that doesn't fuck with you and if you have a problem, want a raise or time off, you can get it without a bunch of bullshit.  Furthermore, you can always try to work your way up the ladder if you have the drive for it.  This, of course, goes back to your boss being a prick and other extenuating circumstances.

You still agreed to take the job and it is an income.  You don't have to stay there.  You can leave on the spot or look for another job and then leave.  Unless he is violating your civil rights, that boss, no matter how much of a prick, has the right to run the business as he/she will.  Don't get me wrong, before I got into business for myself, I worked for some royal pricks, but today, I am thankful that they were, or I never would have taken the risk and got into business for myself. 

Quote:
Yes, those STDs sure benefit her.  Oh, that reminds me, I have to go turn on the red light, put on these heels and do my rouge, excuse me...

You are assuming the whore see things the way you do.  What gives you the right to tell that whore what is best for her?  What if she likes getting laid so much she wants to be a whore?  Who are you to tell her 'no'?  Also, if her clients don't see those STD's as a risk, who are you to tell them not to get laid and pay money?  Hey, in Nevada, there are some legal brothels where the whores are checked out regularly by a doctor.  If all states were like that, it would be less dangerous, that is if Nevada is any indication. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Vastet

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

There are always more options to life than that.  Use that highly evolved imagination.  (That does not mean you may not have to take a shit job for a short or temporary basis) You can start your own business.  When I got into business, I did it with a mere $300. 

Starting a business isn't as simple as having $300. I don't play the lottery. I want what I EARNED.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Hey, in Nevada, there

Quote:
Hey, in Nevada, there are some legal brothels where the whores are checked out regularly by a doctor.  If all states were like that, it would be less dangerous, that is if Nevada is any indication.

Yes, I know of them.  One notorious one called The Bunny Ranch and I have been there.  There's a segment on Penn and Teller Bullshit! I think where they briefly cover it also.  By the way, my thing about prostitutes was just banter, nothing more.  I'm all in favor of legalizing prostitution.  

Quote:
Just because somebody works for selfish reasons does not mean there is not a mutual satisfaction and friendship out of the deal.  Who says people rip each other apart?  Let's put it this way, if you were working in a place that paid you 'X' amount and you had many friends around there, but you saw an opportunity to make 'X' + 50, would you not try to get on making more money or at least think about trying to go to the company that paid it?  I know of nobody aside from a deluded theist who would turn down the extra money, all the rest being equal.

You're still assuming everyone works for selfish reasons.  Why not survival?  You think everyone enjoys their jobs?  You think working to pay bills is enjoyable?  No, most do it to GET BY, but there is a degree of civility attached that people need to understand and many don't.  Some of us can cope with that realization and some of us can't.  To answer your question, I would turn down the job if presented if I was happy where I was and if my position was with my comfort level and I wasn't struggling financially.  It seems like you're speaking from a "survival of the fittest, fuck everyone else" perspective and that's, unfortunately, the mindset of the corporate world; let's all become back stabbers when money is at stake.  If I had a strong social circle filled with people I considered more than colleagues, I wouldn't become some sort of patriarchal brown nosing weasel to earn a few extra dollars.  Sure, I'd be making slightly more than my counter-parts, but I'd feel dirty.  I have strong morals and I adhere to them.  If someone in the company decided that they DID want to be treacherous and spiteful for that extra dough, so be it; my conscience would be clean, I'd still have my friends and my income.   

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Starting a business isn't as simple as having $300. I don't play the lottery. I want what I EARNED.

How do you know?  I know several people who have started a business with $1000 or less.  It sounds like an excuse.  If you really want to bad enough, you will find a way. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
You are assuming that what

You are assuming that what is selfish or perhaps more specifically for your own self interest is a bad thing.  Frankly, I prefer to go above survival and live on my own terms thus, I found a way to break out of the JOB mold.  I don't think everyone enjoys their job, but who's fault is that?  Not mine and not the employer.  You are hired to do a job, not get your jollies stroked.  If you don't like it, I suggest you start a job search with a goal in mind of the kind of place you wish to work.  You say some can't...well the word 'Can't' never did anything.    Since when did I say "Survival of the fittest, fuck everyone else"?.....that is a bit of a mischaracterization  and putting words in my mouth. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:How do you

Burnedout wrote:
How do you know?

The scientific method. And history. And personal inside knowledge on the functions and operations of corporations aquired during a stint in security in metropolitan areas.
Your one-time success has given you a hell of an ego. Most businesses fail.

Quote:
I know several people who have started a business with $1000 or less.

I don't know anyone who has with less than 5 times that much, and a hell of a lot of education on the subject, which cost them exponentially more, which I can't afford.

Quote:
It sounds like an excuse.

So does your response.

Quote:
If you really want to bad enough, you will find a way.

Then why haven't I?

Your excuses and rationalisations are just aggravating me. Your comrades in ideology are doing the same to the majority of the population. You're only accelerating the inevitable end of your belief of entitlement over the rest of society.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
How do you know?
The scientific method. And history. And personal inside knowledge on the functions and operations of corporations aquired during a stint in security in metropolitan areas. Your one-time success has given you a hell of an ego. Most businesses fail.
Quote:
I know several people who have started a business with $1000 or less.
I don't know anyone who has with less than 5 times that much, and a hell of a lot of education on the subject, which cost them exponentially more, which I can't afford.
Quote:
It sounds like an excuse.
So does your response.
Quote:
If you really want to bad enough, you will find a way.
Then why haven't I? Your excuses and rationalisations are just aggravating me. Your comrades in ideology are doing the same to the majority of the population. You're only accelerating the inevitable end of your belief of entitlement over the rest of society.

I sense some hostility from you towards me.  You appear to me to not really care about any diversity of opinion, at least of any that disagrees with you.  You appear to be making an assumption that starting an business requires huge investment.  Hell, I know several small business people who didn't even finish high school.  One guy shoes horses in the country, another is a carpenter who started as a handyman and now has his own construction/home improvement business.  Me...I have a simple business where I recycle textbooks.  We all started our businesses with $1000 or less...REALLY.   There are always places where you can find a niche and build a business out of it.  I don't take a defeatist attitude.  I don't need a government nanny wiping my butt and protecting me from myself.  I live life on my own terms and I sure as hell don't need to take orders from either government or corporate dweebs. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The hostility is towards

The hostility is towards your attitude, not you.
And my opinions are irrelevant. So is everyone elses. The FACT is that history shows that whenever the rich are so vastly outdistancing the poor, the poor rise up and kill them. It's a simple truth.

And YOU are making the assumption that anyone can start a successful business with $300, which is demonstrably false. All the examples you gave are highly specialised and require education. Or do you really think someone can just start making horseshoes and do recycling with absolutely no knowledge or experience in the field?

Whether you like or accept it is irrelevant. This is exactly the same as "Let them eat cake". And the moment enough people are hungry enough, there will be no turning back.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You are assuming that

Quote:
You are assuming that what is selfish or perhaps more specifically for your own self interest is a bad thing.  Frankly, I prefer to go above survival and live on my own terms thus, I found a way to break out of the JOB mold.  I don't think everyone enjoys their job, but who's fault is that?  Not mine and not the employer.  You are hired to do a job, not get your jollies stroked.  If you don't like it, I suggest you start a job search with a goal in mind of the kind of place you wish to work.  You say some can't...well the word 'Can't' never did anything.    Since when did I say "Survival of the fittest, fuck everyone else"?.....that is a bit of a mischaracterization  and putting words in my mouth.

First of all, I said it SEEMS like, not "you said this" so, learn to pay attention to what I'm saying.  Second, I assume nothing; my interpretation of the work force and jobs in general deals with morals and yours clearly go in a different direction; I'm simply noting your attitude on the issue.  Third, it's pretty shitty to blame someone for not enjoying their job.  You're basically stating that if a person dislikes their job under any circumstance, find something else.  What if there is nothing else at a certain point?  Would you tell a seventy-year-old man to pack up his shit because he dislikes his working conditions?  Also, there ARE just some people that CAN'T cope; are they wrong?  It's easy to put blame on someone that is financially painted into a corner and can't afford to go out on a limb every time something screwed up goes on at their job or they want to voice their opinion; CAN'T quickly becomes their only viable option or go hungry.  Would you rather THAT happen?  I sure as fuck hope not.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:The hostility

Vastet wrote:
The hostility is towards your attitude, not you. And my opinions are irrelevant. So is everyone elses. The FACT is that history shows that whenever the rich are so vastly outdistancing the poor, the poor rise up and kill them. It's a simple truth. And YOU are making the assumption that anyone can start a successful business with $300, which is demonstrably false. All the examples you gave are highly specialised and require education. Or do you really think someone can just start making horseshoes and do recycling with absolutely no knowledge or experience in the field? Whether you like or accept it is irrelevant. This is exactly the same as "Let them eat cake". And the moment enough people are hungry enough, there will be no turning back.

A lot of people really do start businesses with remarkably small amounts of money.  What you can't do is replace a salary tomorrow on $300.  You can't take $300 and after working 40 hours, have whatever you'd make working your current job, plus the $300 you put into it.  You also can't have a social life, girlfriend, time to play video games, and so on.

What it requires really is determination and hard work and finding people who've been successful and going to them for advice.

Here's the advice I was given -- find something you're good at, that you enjoy, that actually will pay money, and do that.  People will pay you money if you are good at what you're doing, and you enjoy it.  Because if you hate it, you'll quit, or you won't get the work done, or who knows what else.  But if it is something that counts as a "real job", and you really are good at it, and you really do enjoy it, you =will= be able to find customers, provided you have people who've been successful mentoring you.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not denying it can be

I'm not denying it can be done. I'm saying the probability of failure is exceptionally high. And that you can't just take $300 and build a successful business on that and will alone.
And I can't afford that anyway. That's a months rent. I'm not making much right now.
Plus, my ethics are not suited for business. Nor is my education. One can be altered (though only with finances I don't have), the other can't. I'm fundamentally against the whole system we live in, and can't go there without becoming a hypocrite.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:  I am for

Burnedout wrote:

I am for government that only protects my rights. 

You're doing the same thing leftists do, claiming they have so called 'rights'. Is there a god to grant you these rights? Is the US constitution some sacred document within invisible power? NO. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. If you think it is rational to claim 'rights' like the right to own land, to pollute or the right to breed, why can't a socialist claim a 'birthright' to healthcare, food and shelter?

Any so-called rights you have must be negotiated via a social contract where you have obligations equal to the benefits and privileges you receive. Otherwise, it's going to be a world full of conflict. The right wing insistence upon 'God given rights' is just as irrational as the leftist claim of rights just for being born.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

First of all, I said it SEEMS like, not "you said this" so, learn to pay attention to what I'm saying.  Second, I assume nothing; my interpretation of the work force and jobs in general deals with morals and yours clearly go in a different direction; I'm simply noting your attitude on the issue.  Third, it's pretty shitty to blame someone for not enjoying their job.  You're basically stating that if a person dislikes their job under any circumstance, find something else.  What if there is nothing else at a certain point?  Would you tell a seventy-year-old man to pack up his shit because he dislikes his working conditions?  Also, there ARE just some people that CAN'T cope; are they wrong?  It's easy to put blame on someone that is financially painted into a corner and can't afford to go out on a limb every time something screwed up goes on at their job or they want to voice their opinion; CAN'T quickly becomes their only viable option or go hungry.  Would you rather THAT happen?  I sure as fuck hope not.

I simply responded to the attitude thrown at me.  As for my attitude...it is based on real world experience I and others I know and industries I have been in.  It is not all based out of a book or the media, especially the lame stream media. I do not deny that it can be difficult at times.  When graduated from a university in 1989, the economy sucked then.  It was a bitch.  There were times I was ready to pick up a gun and go postal.  However, a more clear mind prevailed and I found work.  It was not the best work but it was a start.  Before I got into business for myself, I worked some pretty shitty jobs and for people who were everything from manipulators to petty tyrants.   When you throw a situation of someone who is in their 70's, my question is what did they do to allow themselves to get into a situation like that?  What decisions did they make to do that?  There is something called 'Personal responsibility'.  Even at that, I am not saying it is easy, but it is STILL POSSIBLE to find something else.  Besides, from a reality situation, someone in their 70's is receiving social security and virtually none have a mortgage or anything big like that.  Most people older than their 60's that I know are just working to keep busy.  If I needed someone to do something In needed done, I would at least want to interview some of that age for their years of experience alone. 

Based upon what you are saying, you make it appear as the whole of every employer is out to get you.  I have seen good and bad.  You just have to use your head and imagination.  That simple. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
The hostility is towards your attitude, not you. And my opinions are irrelevant. So is everyone elses. The FACT is that history shows that whenever the rich are so vastly outdistancing the poor, the poor rise up and kill them. It's a simple truth. And YOU are making the assumption that anyone can start a successful business with $300, which is demonstrably false. All the examples you gave are highly specialised and require education. Or do you really think someone can just start making horseshoes and do recycling with absolutely no knowledge or experience in the field? Whether you like or accept it is irrelevant. This is exactly the same as "Let them eat cake". And the moment enough people are hungry enough, there will be no turning back.

A lot of people really do start businesses with remarkably small amounts of money.  What you can't do is replace a salary tomorrow on $300.  You can't take $300 and after working 40 hours, have whatever you'd make working your current job, plus the $300 you put into it.  You also can't have a social life, girlfriend, time to play video games, and so on.

What it requires really is determination and hard work and finding people who've been successful and going to them for advice.

Here's the advice I was given -- find something you're good at, that you enjoy, that actually will pay money, and do that.  People will pay you money if you are good at what you're doing, and you enjoy it.  Because if you hate it, you'll quit, or you won't get the work done, or who knows what else.  But if it is something that counts as a "real job", and you really are good at it, and you really do enjoy it, you =will= be able to find customers, provided you have people who've been successful mentoring you.

DING DING DING!!!.....YOU GOT IT RIGHT!

I will also add, it took me about 6 months when I first got into my business before I felt comfortable quitting my job.  BTW...the word JOB is an acronym for 'Just Over Broke'.  I would NEVER tell anyone to just quit their job to go into an untested business venture.  Even Steve Jobs and Bill Gates started in their basement or garage as a hobby that grew into a business.  There are MANY small businesses out there that people can get into that don't take much education or a huge initial investment. 

I started working like everyone else (and in a bad economy) after graduating from college.  Jobs were scarce then like now and I took what I could get.   I was in sales and marketing and I had the mentality/personality for it.  Some of the jobs I liked, some I hated, I had the gamut of different kinds of bosses (both good and bad) but I do not regret learning something from every one.  I took that experience and translated it into a business.  Now, that being said, running a business is not all the sweetness and light you may perceive I am saying.  You have bills to meet, if you have employees you HAVE to meet a payroll (that can keep you up at night), you might have creditors, if you are married or have someone significant in your life, you have them to worry about, if you have a kid/s THAT is a BIG worry.  Sometimes business is up and sometimes it is down.  It is not always as easy as it may appear to many.  The one thing that I love even when money is slow, is the fact that I am in total control of MY life.  BTW...if you lose your job, you can draw unemployement, I cannot if my business fails.  I have taken a much bigger risk than people with a job.  When you are in business, you hang your ass to the wind every day/week/month/year you are in business.  It is totally up to you, not a boss  and I would not want it any other way. 

It also helps to build a social group around you who has been in the same and other fields.  I have my group of friends whom I have bounced ideas off of, asked for some advice and I have reciprocated.  I have a few in the same kind of business as I. I have a friend who is in accounting, another who has some legal background, others who have been in other businesses, even unrelated in substance to mine, but they have some universal similarities to mine and all businesses, and it is a help.  Really it is not rocket science, just determination, some knowledge, and the ability to adjust on the fly.  I am not bullshitting, I have known and been around MANY small business people.  Oh and we are not the 'Rich' some so despise.  Most, hell...all that I know, started much like you, and one fellow I know used to be homeless at one point in his life.  IT CAN BE DONE. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Based upon what you

Quote:
Based upon what you are saying, you make it appear as the whole of every employer is out to get you.  I have seen good and bad.  You just have to use your head and imagination.  That simple.

I don't know WHERE in the FUCK you got that because everything I've been saying is in defense of labor and the crap the working man goes through; if anything, that statement should be directed at yourself.  Besides, it takes a lot more than imagination and "using your head" to be successful nowadays; A LOT more. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Burnedout wrote: 

EXC wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

I am for government that only protects my rights. 

You're doing the same thing leftists do, claiming they have so called 'rights'. Is there a god to grant you these rights? Is the US constitution some sacred document within invisible power? NO. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. If you think it is rational to claim 'rights' like the right to own land, to pollute or the right to breed, why can't a socialist claim a 'birthright' to healthcare, food and shelter?

Any so-called rights you have must be negotiated via a social contract where you have obligations equal to the benefits and privileges you receive. Otherwise, it's going to be a world full of conflict. The right wing insistence upon 'God given rights' is just as irrational as the leftist claim of rights just for being born.

Just so we understand what I am referring to as 'rights' I will say it this way.  Rights are those freedoms which existed before there was government that you had and would not harm others, the right to free speech (say what you will without persecution), the right to travel from one place to another without molestation, the right to do what it takes to live (own land, protect yourself from both predator animals and people, basically everything that is encapsulated in the bill of rights).  Also, what people on the left call 'Rights' is not a right in that it forces people to contribute by force; money, time, labor, property of some kind.  Example; healthcare, it would require you to contribute money via taxes or force by law to spend on insurance.  If what is CALLED a right forces something from you against your will, then it is no right. 

If we disagree, then it is a fundamental disagreement. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

I don't know WHERE in the FUCK you got that because everything I've been saying is in defense of labor and the crap the working man goes through; if anything, that statement should be directed at yourself.  Besides, it takes a lot more than imagination and "using your head" to be successful nowadays; A LOT more. 

My my...such hostility.  You may have that opinion about what it takes to succeed, but I have seen, even recently, the opposite with my own eyes. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:My my...such

Quote:
My my...such hostility.  You may have that opinion about what it takes to succeed, but I have seen, even recently, the opposite with my own eyes.

Acting like a smug aristocrat won't make you seem like any less of a troll which you are displaying in spades.  Anyway, you have your opinions, I have mine.  There's no hostility here and if you keep saying that about me or anyone else, your arguments will carry less and less credibility.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I'm not denying

Vastet wrote:
I'm not denying it can be done. I'm saying the probability of failure is exceptionally high. And that you can't just take $300 and build a successful business on that and will alone. And I can't afford that anyway. That's a months rent. I'm not making much right now. Plus, my ethics are not suited for business. Nor is my education. One can be altered (though only with finances I don't have), the other can't. I'm fundamentally against the whole system we live in, and can't go there without becoming a hypocrite.

How much did all those video games cost you? How much time have you spent playing them? There is your money and your time, you chose to spend them elsewhere. If you had used that money to invest in yourself, and used that time to either build a business and/or work more hours you would probably be in a better financial position today. Where you choose to spend your money and time matters. 

And your education? You have the internet at your fingertips. Spend some time educating yourself on whatever field you are interested in working in. As for the ethics. Fine. If you decide not to take steps necessary to make more money you can't be surprised when you aren't making more money. You haven't earned money until you trade something to another person for money. Since you refuse to broaden your horizons and find more ways to provide value to your fellow humans, don't be surprised we aren't lining up to give you money for no reason.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Vastet

Beyond Saving wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I'm not denying it can be done. I'm saying the probability of failure is exceptionally high. And that you can't just take $300 and build a successful business on that and will alone. And I can't afford that anyway. That's a months rent. I'm not making much right now. Plus, my ethics are not suited for business. Nor is my education. One can be altered (though only with finances I don't have), the other can't. I'm fundamentally against the whole system we live in, and can't go there without becoming a hypocrite.

How much did all those video games cost you? How much time have you spent playing them? There is your money and your time, you chose to spend them elsewhere. If you had used that money to invest in yourself, and used that time to either build a business and/or work more hours you would probably be in a better financial position today. Where you choose to spend your money and time matters. 

And your education? You have the internet at your fingertips. Spend some time educating yourself on whatever field you are interested in working in. As for the ethics. Fine. If you decide not to take steps necessary to make more money you can't be surprised when you aren't making more money. You haven't earned money until you trade something to another person for money. Since you refuse to broaden your horizons and find more ways to provide value to your fellow humans, don't be surprised we aren't lining up to give you money for no reason.

+1

There is a business that you can get into now with not a huge amount of education.  Ever hear of medical transcription?  With medical records going electronic, there is a HUGE demand for people who can transcribe both written and orally recorded medical records onto electronic.  It may require taking a few classes at a community college or by online courses in things like how the transcription equipment works to medical terminology.  You are 100% your own boss and the average income for people who do this is around $50,000 per year nationally.  You work from home and you are paid by the line, not the hour.  You work when you want to, not when some boss tells you.  All you have to do is be willing to get up every day, take the few classes it would take, go out and market yourself to doctors offices which is simply printing up some flyers and business cards, distributing them and setting up the business.  Then just do the work and collect the pay.  That simple. 

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I'm not denying

Vastet wrote:

First, unless you ethics can be summed as "YOU F*CKING OWE ME!", "ethics" aren't an obstacle.  There are plenty of people with a wide range of ethical values that run businesses servicing people with like-minded ethics.

My company, for example, will likely never have "outside sales people" because my goal is to partner with my clients so that they =want= to buy what I'm selling, rather than having some sales person call them on the phone and do the high-pressure sales thing.  I'm in a growth field and I believe I can have very nice revenue and income growth =without= treating people like my own personal bank account.  I could be wrong, and I may well still go bankrupt trying, but the response has been good so far.

Nextly, what ARE you ACTUALLY good at?  That's what matters.  Take stock of all your skills.  Thirty years ago I was out of work -- yet another recession -- and I had two sets of skills.  One well suited for life in a pink color ghetto and other out in the very dirty blue collar world.  I tried getting the pink collar job and failed.  So, I went for the blue collar one.  I spent about 18 months doing very hard, dirty and dangerous work.  But guess what?  Thirty years later I'm able to draw on some of those skills for my new business and people are impressed that I'm not just book-smart, I also have roll-up-your-sleeves smarts.

The simple truth is very simple -- you must be brutally honest with yourself and be willing to WORK.  If you aren't willing to WORK, do not blame someone else.  Most of the working class poor aren't poor because they don't WORK, they are poor because they are exploited.  My house was built 12 years ago.  The carpenters who framed the house were being paid $20 per hour.  A few weeks back I heard a woman on the radio talking about how they have to import labor from Mexico because American carpenters won't take $15 per hour.  That's exploitation.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:There is a

Burnedout wrote:

There is a business that you can get into now with not a huge amount of education.  Ever hear of medical transcription?  With medical records going electronic, there is a HUGE demand for people who can transcribe both written and orally recorded medical records onto electronic.  It may require taking a few classes at a community college or by online courses in things like how the transcription equipment works to medical terminology.  You are 100% your own boss and the average income for people who do this is around $50,000 per year nationally.  You work from home and you are paid by the line, not the hour.  You work when you want to, not when some boss tells you.  All you have to do is be willing to get up every day, take the few classes it would take, go out and market yourself to doctors offices which is simply printing up some flyers and business cards, distributing them and setting up the business.  Then just do the work and collect the pay.  That simple. 

Many of those ads for medical transcription courses are a scam - and they want money up front or for you to sign a contract to repay them.  That does not include any travel expenses you may occur, because the ones I looked at - very briefly - did not offer courses online.  You had to travel to their office.  Community college is safer from a financial perspective.  Ah, the ills of governmental interference in our education system.  Education that is inexpensive and delivers what you thought you were going to get when you signed up.

There is another problem with medical transcription - those who make $50,000 a year work more than 40 hours a week at mind numbingly boring work.  I personally tried a different type of online work that was not a scam and could barely force myself to do an hour a day.  If you can't do detail work for hours on end, it probably isn't for you.

And I'm a little disappointed with the rest of your post.  We all need some down time.  Working 16 hour days 7 days a week is not for everyone.

FurryCatHerder wrote:

First, unless you ethics can be summed as "YOU F*CKING OWE ME!", "ethics" aren't an obstacle.  There are plenty of people with a wide range of ethical values that run businesses servicing people with like-minded ethics.

I think one's aptitudes are probably just as important as one's ethics.  A little background - I grew up in a family business.  My great-grandfather started the company, various cousins are currently running it.  Why not me?  Because I live over 1600 miles north and the business started as trucking and is now supermarkets, motels and some freight hauling.  Not something you can work at online unless I were an accountant or something similar.  And I'm not.

I hung around the business most of my young life - until I was about 19.  By then I knew I never wanted to own a business.  I hate accounting.  I hate nitpicky details.  While the family business never needed salesmen, I have discovered that I hate cold calls and I could never sell air conditioners to desert rats, let alone heaters.  Could I hire someone to do all that in a business for me?  Sure, but not for $300 in start up costs.

You don't have to sell things to people who don't need them and don't want them. It is a good thing that there are people who sell those things we can not make for ourselves that we do need.  And want.  Nothing wrong with wanting.  But mindless consumerism where you go into debt to own the latest fancy TV is over the top.  And I agree with Vastet if that is where he was going.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:

My company, for example, will likely never have "outside sales people" because my goal is to partner with my clients so that they =want= to buy what I'm selling, rather than having some sales person call them on the phone and do the high-pressure sales thing.  I'm in a growth field and I believe I can have very nice revenue and income growth =without= treating people like my own personal bank account.  I could be wrong, and I may well still go bankrupt trying, but the response has been good so far.

Nextly, what ARE you ACTUALLY good at?  That's what matters.  Take stock of all your skills.  Thirty years ago I was out of work -- yet another recession -- and I had two sets of skills.  One well suited for life in a pink color ghetto and other out in the very dirty blue collar world.  I tried getting the pink collar job and failed.  So, I went for the blue collar one.  I spent about 18 months doing very hard, dirty and dangerous work.  But guess what?  Thirty years later I'm able to draw on some of those skills for my new business and people are impressed that I'm not just book-smart, I also have roll-up-your-sleeves smarts.

The simple truth is very simple -- you must be brutally honest with yourself and be willing to WORK.  If you aren't willing to WORK, do not blame someone else.  Most of the working class poor aren't poor because they don't WORK, they are poor because they are exploited.  My house was built 12 years ago.  The carpenters who framed the house were being paid $20 per hour.  A few weeks back I heard a woman on the radio talking about how they have to import labor from Mexico because American carpenters won't take $15 per hour.  That's exploitation.

+1

There was a good book back in the '90's called, Do What you Love and the Money Will Follow.  Any entrepeneurial  endeavor comes out of your passions, interests, or past experience.  There was a friend of one of my friends who was a big gamer, realized he had a knack for working with computer games.  He would trade games with so many people and got to be an expert of sorts, so he started his own business.  Now the guy probably makes well into six figures doing what he loves.  He is well liked by everyone and his ethics are not cut throat.  In fact, most cut throat people don't last long.  In my area of business, they will may last a year before they get eaten alive by their own practices. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Many of those ads

Quote:
Many of those ads for medical transcription courses are a scam - and they want money up front or for you to sign a contract to repay them.  That does not include any travel expenses you may occur, because the ones I looked at - very briefly - did not offer courses online.  You had to travel to their office.  Community college is safer from a financial perspective.  Ah, the ills of governmental interference in our education system.  Education that is inexpensive and delivers what you thought you were going to get when you signed up.

There is another problem with medical transcription - those who make $50,000 a year work more than 40 hours a week at mind numbingly boring work.  I personally tried a different type of online work that was not a scam and could barely force myself to do an hour a day.  If you can't do detail work for hours on end, it probably isn't for you.

And I'm a little disappointed with the rest of your post.  We all need some down time.  Working 16 hour days 7 days a week is not for everyone.

Not denying many can be scams.  There are some that are legit, I trust the programs offered through the community colleges more than any of those found online.  I would counsel anyone looking to go into business for themselves to DO YOUR RESEARCH. Ask questions of everything about it and look at all the pros and cons as well as cost of startup and percentage of failure.  I do know of one woman who does this kind of work who can handle the detailed work but she also has Asperger Syndrone.  Easy for her to do the detail work consistently. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I hung around the

Quote:
I hung around the business most of my young life - until I was about 19.  By then I knew I never wanted to own a business.  I hate accounting.  I hate nitpicky details.  While the family business never needed salesmen, I have discovered that I hate cold calls and I could never sell air conditioners to desert rats, let alone heaters.  Could I hire someone to do all that in a business for me?  Sure, but not for $300 in start up costs.

You don't have to sell things to people who don't need them and don't want them. It is a good thing that there are people who sell those things we can not make for ourselves that we do need.  And want.  Nothing wrong with wanting.  But mindless consumerism where you go into debt to own the latest fancy TV is over the top.  And I agree with Vastet if that is where he was going.

My business was the kind that I started on a part time basis with a very small start up, more like a hobby and it took off.  After 6 months, I realized I could do just fine going full time. and I never looked back.  I don't get rich, but I make a living.  What I do is go out and procure textbooks that other people don't want and I have wholesalers who buy them from me and they even give me pricing guides that tell me what they are willing to pay so I know what to look for and can negotiate what I pay them.  When I sell them to the wholesalers, I make much more than I paid for them.  The wholesalers who buy the books from me sell them to off-campus book stores where college students pay about 1/2 what they pay in the off campus store. I am effectively turning somebody's trash into cash and saving students money. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:How much

Beyond Saving wrote:
How much did all those video games cost you?

Over the span of 20 years, maybe $1,000. What's that? You thought I'd spent lots of money, only to find out I haven't, because I couldn't afford to?
I won't bother laughing at the rest of your post when you start with such a ridiculous suggestion. Which is all you right wing nuts have.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
As for people who are

As for people who are feeling free to assume my ethics, also feel free to fuck yourselves while jumping out a plane without a parachute.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:As for people

Vastet wrote:
As for people who are feeling free to assume my ethics, also feel free to fuck yourselves while jumping out a plane without a parachute.

Hmm...somebody took  a tinkle in your Cherios.  Have you ever considered that maybe with just a slight adjustment in your attitude, you might accomplish more even despite the bad economy?  In the 1930's, the last time we saw an economy like this there were people who had nothing figure out how and aquired fortunes.  You can take one of two approaches.  You can first, figure out what it is you REALLY want and WRITE IT DOWN.  Second, you can figure out what you must do to achieve it, starting with where you are now and going all the way to the finish point and WRITE IT DOWN.  When you come across an obstacle, don't throw up your hands and give up, break the problem down and figure out steps to over come it and then DO IT.  Not saying it is EASY....just WORTH IT.

The other thing you can do is pass off your situation as impossible, throw up your hands, and then blame everybody but yourself.  What do you have to lose by trying?  You can try and fail and you will be no worse off than you are now, or YOU MIGHT JUST SUCCEED.   Perhaps that scares you because you would not be taking the easy route, you would then have to be accountable to the most important person....YOUR SELF. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You've already proven your

You've already proven your arrogance and ignorance. Continuing is pointless.

See you at the guilotine.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You've already

Vastet wrote:
You've already proven your arrogance and ignorance. Continuing is pointless. See you at the guilotine.

Awwwww.......you have some anger issues you REALLY need to work out.  Pissing at me is one thing, but I will give you a friendly warning.  The minute you cross the line to threatening, even subtly, you can be brought up on charges for violating internet stalking laws.  Since I know you are just popping off and I know you don't have the cajones to really do something.  Oh...but if you ever thought you did, here is something you should know about the state I live in (Florida), there is a little section of our state constitution called 'the Castle Doctrine'.  Just go and google 'Castle Doctrine' for a good explanation.  Under the 'Castle Doctrine', if you come onto my property to do me or anyone on it harm, I can LEGALLY blow your ass away with, let's just say some heavy metal high speed objects.  The police will come, do an investigation, tag your body, bag it, take it to the morgue, followed by a trip to the mortuary.  I would be found to be acting in self defense and free continue living and operating my small business.  BTW....my state is armed to the teeth and we like it that way. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Pissing at me is one

Quote:
Pissing at me is one thing, but I will give you a friendly warning.  The minute you cross the line to threatening, even subtly, you can be brought up on charges for violating internet stalking laws.

It's called "dismissing your non-stop trolling with indirect sarcasm," not a threat on your life, fool.  You need to re-evaluate yourself on this board and QUICK.

"Friendly warning"....Please....There's nothing friendly about you.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
Pissing at me is one thing, but I will give you a friendly warning.  The minute you cross the line to threatening, even subtly, you can be brought up on charges for violating internet stalking laws.

It's called "dismissing your non-stop trolling with indirect sarcasm," not a threat on your life, fool.  You need to re-evaluate yourself on this board and QUICK.

My my...the pot calls the kettle black.  I just mirror the attitude I get.  Same goes with you.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

My my...the pot calls the kettle black.  I just mirror the attitude I get.  Same goes with you.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yawn. When the government

Yawn.

When the government collapses, there won't be any cops to help you, and there'll be an armed mob burning your house down and executing you. Your threats are of no significance or consequence to me or the inevitable future downfall of rich megalomaniacs who think everyone could be rich if they weren't lazy.

But feel free to continue deluding yourself.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Yawn. When the

Vastet wrote:
Yawn. When the government collapses, there won't be any cops to help you, and there'll be an armed mob burning your house down and executing you. Your threats are of no significance or consequence to me or the inevitable future downfall of rich megalomaniacs who think everyone could be rich if they weren't lazy. But feel free to continue deluding yourself.

Did it take you this long to smart back at me with a wimpy behind the computer wimpy response?  LOL....YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE JR. 

You see,...I HATE government with a passion.  If it collapses, then I get to respond to little boys with big mouths like yours in a final way.  Let me guess...I could be wrong..... You are probably from a fairly urban area of the nation.  You have probably never spent any time in the southeast, mountain west or rural midwest.  We are more likely to get by in a government collapse than you are.  Plus, there are more guns per square inch in my region in the country than just about anywhere else on the planet.  Those so called mobs would be met with a bunch of rural farm boys, mechanics, people who know how to live off the land, hunt and fish.  We are not afraid to use a gun and we hate government.  Most of all, we know which end to shoot.  As for you youngster....I DARE you to try to come down here and shoot your big mouth off...err I should say keyboard....LOL.  You like to whine about work.  Hell, we don't need jobs or money to eat.  We also have some of the largest numbers of former military people who well...have military training.  Yep....YOU don't have a clue.