Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ghetto Mentality

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
The ghetto mentality

The only one between the two of us who has a "ghetto mentality" is you.

Thats how drug dealers think. That is how gang members think. As long as they get what they want, fuck everyone else.

If "every man for themselves" is your mentality your mindset fits that "ghetto mentality", not mine.

Again, Germany has janitors and dish washers too. But they have less of a pay gap and far better education and less of a crime rate. WHY? Because their government and their top money makers care and build and the workers are treated as important, not trash like you treat the poor.

What scares you? That the middle class and working poor are finally saying enough? Are you scared that if more people get educations you wont be able to treat them like shit?

YOU are the problem, not the middle class and poor. YOU and your selfish attitude that as long as you make money you have no duty or loyalty to the community you live in. THAT is what creates ghettos.

Keep it up, maybe we can have shanty towns and mountains covered in trash just like Tijuana. It would be fantastic if the entire nation looked like that.

YOU are the one setting the standards low and you are too deluded to realize it. You are merely perpetuating the global economic race to the bottom.

By ghetto mentality I meant the type of thinking that permeates people who are unable to get themselves out of it. Generally, it is the attitude that they are unable to earn more money, unable to own part of the means of production and unable to improve their personal lives. Instead of looking at what they are doing and trying things differently they point the finger at others. Namely, those who have succeeded. They believe that success in capitalism is based mainly on exploiting/taking advantage of others. So if their life sucks, it is because someone exploited them. Since they believe it is impossible to improve their lot in life, they don't try. You and your ideology supports that type of thinking.

When I tell people with ghetto mentality what things they could do to succeed they usually respond by declaring me delusional or say "its not that easy" or "you don't know what you're talking about". I don't know why people resist advice so much. People on this site have routinely asserted "you don't understand what it is like" etc. Yeah, I know what its like not having enough money for food. Especially when you are too proud/stubborn to get government aid. I ate my share of ramen. Once a week I went to a church that had a charity dinner. I remember having a romantic candle lit dinner on a park bench eating Wendy's as an anniversary dinner with my girlfriend. I have been at both ends of the tax bracket. About the only thing that I have no experience with is having kids to take care of. Which I admit would have been a fucking nightmare back then. 

Yet while those with the ghetto mentality tell me I have no clue what its like to live on an income I have in fact lived on, they have all sorts of advice on how to run a business even though they never ran one. It is kind of like an Amish telling you how to drive a car. If you think the pay gap is a problem, I can tell you specific things you can do to increase your own income and therefore decrease the pay gap. If you refuse to do those things, then you really only have yourself to blame. Those with the ghetto mentality will refuse to accept that they could increase their income.

This mentality is strong and seems to be spreading to much of the lower middle class as well. When I ask people specifically, "what prevents you from making more money" I rarely get an answer at all. If I do get an answer it is some made up problem like "it takes money to make money" or "I don't have the training". When I offer a solution to those problems, it is almost always rejected as "impossible" even if I point out specific examples of people who did what I am suggesting. Obviously those people got "lucky". Well the only way to get "lucky" and shoot a hoop playing basketball is to throw the damn ball. If you never throw the ball, you don't have a basis for bitching about never making a basket.

You are right that it is about attitude. Those with ghetto mentality will always have the attitude that every problem is someone else's fault and a reason to not try. Those with entrepreneur mentality look at every problem as a temporary obstacle and find ways around it. When someone with the ghetto mentality fails in an endeavor, they look at it as evidence they were doomed from the start. People with ghetto mentality are pessimistic and use any hardship as an excuse to give up. When they fail, they point the finger and say "I couldn't help it" or "there is nothing I could do". 

When someone with entrepreneur mentality fails, they look at it as a learning experience and try again. People who are financially successful almost always have confidence, optimism and persistence, even in the face of unexpected disasters. They accept their failures as lessons and move on. Externally caused hardships are viewed as obstacles that will be overcome. They have a clear and definite vision of what they want to achieve and they find a way to get there. If any business venture I am involved in fails, I don't run around pointing fingers. Even if external parties are involved, I look at the decisions I made and consider what I could have done differently. 

If you are sitting around blaming others for your financial situation, you have ghetto mentality. If you are one of those that tells people who dare to dream of great things that they need to be "realistic" about their expectations, you are part of the culture that is pushing ghetto mentality. If you aren't happy with your income level or career or employer, you can change it. You can work for someone else. I've had my share of shitty employers. It was a running joke among those who knew me that I had a new job every pay period. Every time I saw someone I hadn't seen for awhile they would ask "So what job are you doing now?" 

The mentality that makes people look at employers as if they have so much power, like they are slave owners and your the slave. It doesn't make sense to me. And if people feel that way, I don't know why the continue going to work. I would rather live on very little money than put up with feeling enslaved/exploited by an employer. You are giving an employer your most valuable asset- time. Don't give it to them lightly. Demand the money and respect you believe your time is worth, and if you don't get it, go elsewhere. If no one is offering you a job, create your own. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Did it take you this

Quote:
Did it take you this long to smart back at me with a wimpy behind the computer wimpy response?  LOL....YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE JR.

Where is this clown's troll badge?  Holy shit...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Did it take

Burnedout wrote:
Did it take you this long to smart back at me with a wimpy behind the computer wimpy response?

That was an incredibly stupid thing to say. I wonder if you're smart enough to see that.
Fortunately I'm smart enough to occasionally understand stupid comments born of emotional bruising. Since it matters to you for some reason, I was tired of reading your foolish opinions and needed a break.

Burnedout wrote:
LOL....YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE JR. 

Projection.

Burnedout wrote:
You see,...I HATE government with a passion.  If it collapses, then I get to respond to little boys with big mouths like yours in a final way.

Fools like you never realise you're vulnerable until you're alone and helpless. You also tend to think you're capable of fighting off hoards of people indefinitely. It amuses me. If you have something worth taking, and there's no assistance to be found from a government that protects its people, it's only a matter of time before someone takes it.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Let me

Burnedout wrote:
Let me guess...I could be wrong..... You are probably from a fairly urban area of the nation. 

Actually, I've spent roughly equal amounts of time in rural and urban areas. I'm quite capable of surviving without civilisation.
I also don't have the same problems the average American does; since it sounds like you're American.
My nation has more undeveloped territory than any other on earth, and significantly less armament per person. It is rich in both land and resources like water.
I also am not rich, and don't seek to be. So I'll never be a target of economically based revolt.
I am more likely to survive government collapse than you are.

The rest of your post was a combination of talking out your ass and completely missing the point. LOL.

The truly clueless is yourself.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Quote:That was an incredibly

Quote:
That was an incredibly stupid thing to say. I wonder if you're smart enough to see that. Fortunately I'm smart enough to occasionally understand stupid comments born of emotional bruising. Since it matters to you for some reason, I was tired of reading your foolish opinions and needed a break.

Ahh....no.....I did it because it is easy to get a rise out of you.  Every time I post something you come back......ROFLMAO!!!!   You are eeeeeeeeasy......

Quote:
Fools like you never realise you're vulnerable until you're alone and helpless. You also tend to think you're capable of fighting off hoards of people indefinitely. It amuses me. If you have something worth taking, and there's no assistance to be found from a government that protects its people, it's only a matter of time before someone takes it.

It is now clear.  You are not from the USA.  You have no clue other than television and American movies.  You REALLY don't know this nation very well.  Tell ya what, just keep thinking the way you do and I will keep getting a rise out of you. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Burnedout

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
Let me guess...I could be wrong..... You are probably from a fairly urban area of the nation. 
Actually, I've spent roughly equal amounts of time in rural and urban areas. I'm quite capable of surviving without civilisation. I also don't have the same problems the average American does; since it sounds like you're American. My nation has more undeveloped territory than any other on earth, and significantly less armament per person. It is rich in both land and resources like water. I also am not rich, and don't seek to be. So I'll never be a target of economically based revolt. I am more likely to survive government collapse than you are. The rest of your post was a combination of talking out your ass and completely missing the point. LOL. The truly clueless is yourself.

Have you ever been in a situation where all the services provided have gone out?  Police, fire, utilities?  Guess what, I HAVE.  I live in Florida here in the USA.  We have some little storms called 'Hurricanes'.  Try doing a google on them.  They are devastating, roads get washed out, power lines out, water treatment plants damaged, bridges washed out, winds of over 150 Miles per hour sustained and rain that is so heavy it is like a fire hose pouring out of the sky along with tornados in the storm.  We have seen a total break down for almost three weeks and a full recovery that took almost three year to be complete.  People don't act like animals in my area and other rural to semi rural areas.  We pull together.  We had groups of us who patrolled the neighborhoods to prevent looting.  There WAS NO POLICE.  People here are not like animals.  We helped each other out.  I suggest you come to the USA with an open mind and live here for at least three to five years.  It might surprise you.....if you're not afraid to have your illusions shattered. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
The ghetto mentality

The only one between the two of us who has a "ghetto mentality" is you.

Thats how drug dealers think. That is how gang members think. As long as they get what they want, fuck everyone else.

If "every man for themselves" is your mentality your mindset fits that "ghetto mentality", not mine.

Again, Germany has janitors and dish washers too. But they have less of a pay gap and far better education and less of a crime rate. WHY? Because their government and their top money makers care and build and the workers are treated as important, not trash like you treat the poor.

What scares you? That the middle class and working poor are finally saying enough? Are you scared that if more people get educations you wont be able to treat them like shit?

YOU are the problem, not the middle class and poor. YOU and your selfish attitude that as long as you make money you have no duty or loyalty to the community you live in. THAT is what creates ghettos.

Keep it up, maybe we can have shanty towns and mountains covered in trash just like Tijuana. It would be fantastic if the entire nation looked like that.

YOU are the one setting the standards low and you are too deluded to realize it. You are merely perpetuating the global economic race to the bottom.

By ghetto mentality I meant the type of thinking that permeates people who are unable to get themselves out of it. Generally, it is the attitude that they are unable to earn more money, unable to own part of the means of production and unable to improve their personal lives. Instead of looking at what they are doing and trying things differently they point the finger at others. Namely, those who have succeeded. They believe that success in capitalism is based mainly on exploiting/taking advantage of others. So if their life sucks, it is because someone exploited them. Since they believe it is impossible to improve their lot in life, they don't try. You and your ideology supports that type of thinking.

When I tell people with ghetto mentality what things they could do to succeed they usually respond by declaring me delusional or say "its not that easy" or "you don't know what you're talking about". I don't know why people resist advice so much. People on this site have routinely asserted "you don't understand what it is like" etc. Yeah, I know what its like not having enough money for food. Especially when you are too proud/stubborn to get government aid. I ate my share of ramen. Once a week I went to a church that had a charity dinner. I remember having a romantic candle lit dinner on a park bench eating Wendy's as an anniversary dinner with my girlfriend. I have been at both ends of the tax bracket. About the only thing that I have no experience with is having kids to take care of. Which I admit would have been a fucking nightmare back then. 

Yet while those with the ghetto mentality tell me I have no clue what its like to live on an income I have in fact lived on, they have all sorts of advice on how to run a business even though they never ran one. It is kind of like an Amish telling you how to drive a car. If you think the pay gap is a problem, I can tell you specific things you can do to increase your own income and therefore decrease the pay gap. If you refuse to do those things, then you really only have yourself to blame. Those with the ghetto mentality will refuse to accept that they could increase their income.

This mentality is strong and seems to be spreading to much of the lower middle class as well. When I ask people specifically, "what prevents you from making more money" I rarely get an answer at all. If I do get an answer it is some made up problem like "it takes money to make money" or "I don't have the training". When I offer a solution to those problems, it is almost always rejected as "impossible" even if I point out specific examples of people who did what I am suggesting. Obviously those people got "lucky". Well the only way to get "lucky" and shoot a hoop playing basketball is to throw the damn ball. If you never throw the ball, you don't have a basis for bitching about never making a basket.

You are right that it is about attitude. Those with ghetto mentality will always have the attitude that every problem is someone else's fault and a reason to not try. Those with entrepreneur mentality look at every problem as a temporary obstacle and find ways around it. When someone with the ghetto mentality fails in an endeavor, they look at it as evidence they were doomed from the start. People with ghetto mentality are pessimistic and use any hardship as an excuse to give up. When they fail, they point the finger and say "I couldn't help it" or "there is nothing I could do". 

When someone with entrepreneur mentality fails, they look at it as a learning experience and try again. People who are financially successful almost always have confidence, optimism and persistence, even in the face of unexpected disasters. They accept their failures as lessons and move on. Externally caused hardships are viewed as obstacles that will be overcome. They have a clear and definite vision of what they want to achieve and they find a way to get there. If any business venture I am involved in fails, I don't run around pointing fingers. Even if external parties are involved, I look at the decisions I made and consider what I could have done differently. 

If you are sitting around blaming others for your financial situation, you have ghetto mentality. If you are one of those that tells people who dare to dream of great things that they need to be "realistic" about their expectations, you are part of the culture that is pushing ghetto mentality. If you aren't happy with your income level or career or employer, you can change it. You can work for someone else. I've had my share of shitty employers. It was a running joke among those who knew me that I had a new job every pay period. Every time I saw someone I hadn't seen for awhile they would ask "So what job are you doing now?" 

The mentality that makes people look at employers as if they have so much power, like they are slave owners and your the slave. It doesn't make sense to me. And if people feel that way, I don't know why the continue going to work. I would rather live on very little money than put up with feeling enslaved/exploited by an employer. You are giving an employer your most valuable asset- time. Don't give it to them lightly. Demand the money and respect you believe your time is worth, and if you don't get it, go elsewhere. If no one is offering you a job, create your own. 

+1

You are so correct!  The people with a ghetto mentality are like whiny babies who are not getting something handed to them by big daddy government.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well I'm not getting into

Well I'm not getting into this argument.  I'm just going to tell a little story.

My father was so poor as a kid he didn't have shoes.  He would have to go over to his grandma's house for food.  My mother was a little better off but her family was still dirt poor.  They couldn't get any help from their parents for anything.

By the time I was 12 my parents both had Master degrees, my father owned an oilfield construction company that employed 50 people, my mother ran the Library for a large University, and they owned 1000 acres of land and around 500 cattle.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout

Burnedout wrote:
Ahh....no.....I did it because it is easy to get a rise out of you.  Every time I post something you come back......ROFLMAO!!!!   You are eeeeeeeeasy......

News flash: You've fallen victim to your own strategy. All I have to do is post and your emotions boil over in a desperate race to respond.

Burnedout wrote:
It is now clear.  You are not from the USA.  You have no clue other than television and American movies.  You REALLY don't know this nation very well.  Tell ya what, just keep thinking the way you do and I will keep getting a rise out of you. 

You can believe that all you like. Just a further demonstration of your inability to turn your thinking skills on your own arguments.
Like I have to be American to understand America. Rofl. Sounds like something a four year old would say.

I'd respond to the rest if I bothered reading it, but you're not sharp enough to provide entertaining rebuttals.

See you at the guillotine.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
News flash: You've fallen victim to your own strategy. All I have to do is post and your emotions boil over in a desperate race to respond.
Burnedout wrote:
You can believe that all you like. Just a further demonstration of your inability to turn your thinking skills on your own arguments. Like I have to be American to understand America. Rofl. Sounds like something a four year old would say. I'd respond to the rest if I bothered reading it, but you're not sharp enough to provide entertaining rebuttals. See you at the guillotine.

Gee....this is funny.... I post and you respond.....LOL

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for proving my point.

Thanks for proving my point. Smiling

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout believes

Burnedout believes his sacred set of 'rights' are far more sacred than Vastet's sacred set of rights 'rights', and visa versa. Neither on can rationally explain from where come their sacred rights. They are the same except for their set of special 'rights 'they claim for themselves.

So it really boils down to just who wages war the best. After all might makes right.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Thanks for

Vastet wrote:

Nice spin job...Eye-wink 

Really, what country are you from?  (I am not asking for your address nor city you live in or even what region, I would not do that).  What makes you such an 'Expert' on the USA and Americans?  You said you have never lived here.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Burnedout believes

EXC wrote:

Burnedout believes his sacred set of 'rights' are far more sacred than Vastet's sacred set of rights 'rights', and visa versa. Neither on can rationally explain from where come their sacred rights. They are the same except for their set of special 'rights 'they claim for themselves.

So it really boils down to just who wages war the best. After all might makes right.

Nice little dismissal on your part which shows a lack of thought. 

I take it you have not read my post #78.  If you had, you would find that 'Rights' as defined by the United States Constitution are those freedoms that existed without government and before government ever existed, what existed in the natural world as humans would live.  Those rights have always been.  If it is a freedom that requires nobody to contribute anything to anybody else, then it is  right.  Anything that is incorrectly called a right, which calls for a contribution of somebody such as money, property, labor against the will of the contributor, that is not a right. 

But what do you care....you just take the intellectually lazy way out and cast dispersion.  You have a nice day.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:I take it

Burnedout wrote:

I take it you have not read my post #78.  If you had, you would find that 'Rights' as defined by the United States Constitution are those freedoms that existed without government and before government ever existed, what existed in the natural world as humans would live.  Those rights have always been.  If it is a freedom that requires nobody to contribute anything to anybody else, then it is  right.  Anything that is incorrectly called a right, which calls for a contribution of somebody such as money, property, labor against the will of the contributor, that is not a right. 

Where in the constitution is this definition? The Declaration of Independence talks a bit about the origin of 'rights' and claimed they came from a Creator. But this was all written before Darwin. We now  know about biological and sociologically evolution. The concept of "inalienable rights" is wrong. What social animals do is create their rules and social contracts for the benefit of common survival. You have no fucking rights just what other people decide to let you have. If Vastet wants to take away any of your precious rights all he needs is a bigger gun than you. It's only about survival not 'rights'.

How did the 'right' to own land exist before government?

Some caveman decided he didn't want anyone messing with were he was living, so he used deadly force to keep others away. Then tribal leaders decided who 'owned' certain land. If they lost a war, then another tribe would 'own' the land. There are no 'rights'. There is only deadly force and how it is to be used. Government is about how deadly force is to be use and nothing more.

Vastet pulls the 'right' to healthcare, food, shelter, etc... out of his ass and you pull your 'rights' out your ass. But you both have your heads of your asses. But at least you both prove my point that ultimately it is all about deadly force, all this talk about your precious 'rights' is so much BS.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Burnedout wrote:

EXC wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

Where in the constitution is this definition? The Declaration of Independence talks a bit about the origin of 'rights' and claimed they came from a Creator. But this was all written before Darwin. We now  know about biological and sociologically evolution. The concept of "inalienable rights" is wrong. What social animals do is create their rules and social contracts for the benefit of common survival. You have no fucking rights just what other people decide to let you have. If Vastet wants to take away any of your precious rights all he needs is a bigger gun than you. It's only about survival not 'rights'.

Have you ever read the debates between John Locke and Thomas Hobbs?  Also, just because something was written before Darwin makes it irrelevant? Notice, it never says 'God'.  If you ever notice that often words 'Creator' or 'God' were the big 'X' in the equation when there was something nobody could know.  People do it today, but it is called other things.  It lacks intellectual honesty to just dismiss something just because it does conform to your orthodoxy. 

Quote:
How did the 'right' to own land exist before government?

Many tribal peoples claimed lands for hunting and later, after the agricultural revolution, for cultivating, duh. 

Quote:
Some caveman decided he didn't want anyone messing with were he was living, so he used deadly force to keep others away. Then tribal leaders decided who 'owned' certain land. If they lost a war, then another tribe would 'own' the land. There are no 'rights'. There is only deadly force and how it is to be used. Government is about how deadly force is to be use and nothing more.

You just prove my point.  That caveman used his freedom, deemed later a right, to defend his property.  So what? 

Quote:
Vastet pulls the 'right' to healthcare, food, shelter, etc... out of his ass and you pull your 'rights' out your ass. But you both have your heads of your asses. But at least you both prove my point that ultimately it is all about deadly force, all this talk about your precious 'rights' is so much BS.

Have you ever spent any time looking into what the definition comes from?  Have you ever read the debates between Locke and Hobbes?  Have you ever read anything beyond some snotty textbook of philosophy? 

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Carl Sagan wrote:There is no

Carl Sagan wrote:
There is no right to life in any society on Earth today, nor has there been at any former time… : We raise farm animals for slaughter; destroy forests; pollute rivers and lakes until no fish can live there; kill deer and elk for sport, leopards for the pelts, and whales for fertilizer; entrap dolphins, gasping and writhing, in great tuna nets; club seal pups to death; and render a species extinct every day. All these beasts and vegetables are as alive as we. What is (allegedly) protected is not life, but human life.

And even with that protection, casual murder is an urban commonplace, and we wage “conventional” wars with tolls so terrible that we are, most of us, afraid to consider them very deeply… That protection, that right to life, eludes the 40,000 children under five who die on our planet each day from preventable starvation, dehydration, disease, and neglect.

Just before Thanksgiving this year a 17 year old kid, not in a gang or strung out on drugs or anything, a kid from presumably a good home, walked into a man's garage directly across the park from my house and stabbed him repeatedly.  He then walked into the kitchen where his wheelbound wife sat frantically talking to 911.  The kid stabbed her in the throat.

As the 69 year old man, just a day away from turning 70, attempted to stand back up in a puddle of his own blood, the kid pulled out a gun and blew his brains out.

When questioned by the police for a motive the 17 year old said it was his "killer instinct".

The house I and my family lived in just before we bought our current house shared it's backyard fenceline with that elderly couple's house.

Crazy world we live in, eh?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Vastet

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Nice spin job...Eye-wink 

Really, what country are you from?  (I am not asking for your address nor city you live in or even what region, I would not do that).  What makes you such an 'Expert' on the USA and Americans?  You said you have never lived here.

Canada. And no spin job was necessary. Eye-wink

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Nice spin job...Eye-wink 

Canada. And no spin job was necessary. Eye-wink

OK...now it makes sense.  BTW...I have been to Canada many times.  I have even followed Canadian politics.  I got news for you.  You may live just across the border, but You still don't have a clue as to the culture of the the USA.  I know, I have spent time in Canada.  Outside of the big cities of the USA, people pride themselves of being self reliant.  We tend to not trust government.  We put up with it.  In Florida, where I live, there is no state income tax and we are among the lowest in taxation and don't want that many government services.  There are even more private schools than public schools.  Canada according to Jacque Critian, who once said in an interview that Canadians want European level of services with American levels of taxation.  In the USA we want as little of services as we can get away with and even less taxation.  If you want to sum up most areas of the USA...it is ..."LEAVE ME ALONE".  What you see on TV is NOT what is normal or even realistic. 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:  Also,

Burnedout wrote:

Also, just because something was written before Darwin makes it irrelevant?

There is a reason why we don't use 18th century technology anymore. It sucks because people new less about how things really worked. So I don't understand this right wing obsession with the sacred founders and Constitution.

Burnedout wrote:

Notice, it never says 'God'.  If you ever notice that often words 'Creator' or 'God' were the big 'X' in the equation when there was something nobody could know.  People do it today, but it is called other things.  It lacks intellectual honesty to just dismiss something just because it does conform to your orthodoxy. 

I think all this proves is that many of the founders where Deists and not all Christians. Back then, intelligent design was the only explanation for the origin of everything.

BTW, doesn't your claim of special birthrights contradict what you wrote when attacking leftists:

Buunedout wrote:

There is a common running fallacy among many.  There is this belief and attitude that the world owes you something.  Where is that written?  Just because you are born, just means you were born.  Simple enough.  The world owes you nothing and what you get out of this world is what you put forth in effort and creativity.  Quit whining and start thinking of ways to do something.  There is another phrase for it....GROWING UP!

But the USA owes you 'rights' just for being born within it's borders.

Burnedout wrote:

Many tribal peoples claimed lands for hunting and later, after the agricultural revolution, for cultivating, duh. 

Well then they had a tribal ruler that claimed they land. So they had a government. duh. The 'right' to own land could not exist before there was government. I could claim to own you house but it is a pretty meaningless claim without a government with a police/military to back it up.

Quote:

Burnedout wrote:

You just prove my point.  That caveman used his freedom, deemed later a right, to defend his property.  So what? 

So his 'right' to own land restricted the freedom of others use this land for their survival and benefit. And then he passed on this 'right' to his offspring so they had this right of ownership just for being born. So when the leftists demand food and health care is their right just for being born, how is this any different?

Burnedout wrote:

Have you ever spent any time looking into what the definition comes from?  Have you ever read the debates between Locke and Hobbes?  Have you ever read anything beyond some snotty textbook of philosophy? 

What is the great lesson we should learn from these debates? They lived in a time when free thinking atheism was not an option and the only explanation for the origin of things came from religion. So anything they could say is of limited value today. There is not much science to back it up.

The fact is you have no rights. The leftists are under no obligation to grant you rights you find in the Constitution. Anyone can force you do something against your will or kill you if you resist. You relatives may or may not exact revenge. So everything is just when does an individual, groups or the state uses deadly force. There is no other debate to have than that. Because you have no fucking rights:

http://blog.onebyonedesign.com/life/george-carlin-1937-2008/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:OK...now it

Burnedout wrote:
OK...now it makes sense.  BTW...I have been to Canada many times.  I have even followed Canadian politics.  I got news for you.  You may live just across the border, but You still don't have a clue as to the culture of the the USA.

You don't know what you're talking about. Not even the slightest hint of a clue. I know America better than the average American, yourself is likely included. Your own education system and politicians lie to you in ways that don't escape the notice of foreigners. And I've not only been to the states a number of times, but have had dozens of American friends who I communicate with constantly, not to mention my experience working with US police et al while working in security and taxes. Not to mention my access to ALL the media America HAS.

At this point you're just sounding as dumb as a theist, desperate to say anything that will give you a leg up. Don't let me stop you, futile as it is.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
OK...now it makes sense.  BTW...I have been to Canada many times.  I have even followed Canadian politics.  I got news for you.  You may live just across the border, but You still don't have a clue as to the culture of the the USA.
You don't know what you're talking about. Not even the slightest hint of a clue. I know America better than the average American, yourself is likely included. Your own education system and politicians lie to you in ways that don't escape the notice of foreigners. And I've not only been to the states a number of times, but have had dozens of American friends who I communicate with constantly, not to mention my experience working with US police et al while working in security and taxes. Not to mention my access to ALL the media America HAS. At this point you're just sounding as dumb as a theist, desperate to say anything that will give you a leg up. Don't let me stop you, futile as it is.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.......That is what you sound like.  I should set my dog up to the keyboard, and you can talk to her.  You are on her level.  Talk to my dog.   I am finished with you.  You whine about not being able to get ahead yet you like to play video games instead of doing what it takes.  You are a waste of my time. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Double post...Mods please remove...thank you.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Burnedout wrote: 

EXC wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

Also, just because something was written before Darwin makes it irrelevant?

There is a reason why we don't use 18th century technology anymore. It sucks because people new less about how things really worked. So I don't understand this right wing obsession with the sacred founders and Constitution.

Burnedout wrote:

Notice, it never says 'God'.  If you ever notice that often words 'Creator' or 'God' were the big 'X' in the equation when there was something nobody could know.  People do it today, but it is called other things.  It lacks intellectual honesty to just dismiss something just because it does conform to your orthodoxy. 

I think all this proves is that many of the founders where Deists and not all Christians. Back then, intelligent design was the only explanation for the origin of everything.

BTW, doesn't your claim of special birthrights contradict what you wrote when attacking leftists:

Buunedout wrote:

There is a common running fallacy among many.  There is this belief and attitude that the world owes you something.  Where is that written?  Just because you are born, just means you were born.  Simple enough.  The world owes you nothing and what you get out of this world is what you put forth in effort and creativity.  Quit whining and start thinking of ways to do something.  There is another phrase for it....GROWING UP!

But the USA owes you 'rights' just for being born within it's borders.

Burnedout wrote:

Well then they had a tribal ruler that claimed they land. So they had a government. duh. The 'right' to own land could not exist before there was government. I could claim to own you house but it is a pretty meaningless claim without a government with a police/military to back it up.

Quote:

Burnedout wrote:

So his 'right' to own land restricted the freedom of others use this land for their survival and benefit. And then he passed on this 'right' to his offspring so they had this right of ownership just for being born. So when the leftists demand food and health care is their right just for being born, how is this any different?

Burnedout wrote:

What is the great lesson we should learn from these debates? They lived in a time when free thinking atheism was not an option and the only explanation for the origin of things came from religion. So anything they could say is of limited value today. There is not much science to back it up.

The fact is you have no rights. The leftists are under no obligation to grant you rights you find in the Constitution. Anyone can force you do something against your will or kill you if you resist. You relatives may or may not exact revenge. So everything is just when does an individual, groups or the state uses deadly force. There is no other debate to have than that. Because you have no fucking rights:

http://blog.onebyonedesign.com/life/george-carlin-1937-2008/

Narrow minded as a theist.  The wheel was invented many thousands of years BCE, yet it is used.  The discovery that the earth is a sphere was discovered by Galileo in the 1500's but it is still valid.  Just because something was discovered pre-Darwin does not make it invalid.  It simply takes more thought on your part.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aww look, poor baby broke

Aww look, poor baby broke down completely. How cute.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout reminds me of of a

Burnedout reminds me of of a overly headstrong Republican; sure, his views are awful, misleading, narrow, arbitrary and completely erroneous, but hey, at least he won't give up the fight!  If America wasn't filled to the brim with his kind---and they are---we wouldn't have a hard-headed political party that tries to keep the poor in check by telling them they are just pitiful lay-abouts, that everyone "hates us for our freedom" and conception begins at a Viagra-induced erection. 

Oh, I kid guys like Burnedout; they aren't fully aware of their ramblings until it's too late; kind of like a mentally challenged child that got caught eating paste by the special ed teacher only to discover most of it went up his ass.  If the world suddenly decided tomorrow that war is not needed anymore, poverty is a giant hoax and health care should be available to all people and not cost a dime, his kind would shrivel up and be cast to the wind because it's not enough to be part of the blathering, socially backwards norm; you have to be part of the carriers that spreads the disease.  Maybe one day we'll all look back and see a silver lining to this whole misguided culture that Burnedout belongs to, but until then, there's already weed.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hear hear.

Hear hear.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Narrow

Burnedout wrote:

Narrow minded as a theist.  The wheel was invented many thousands of years BCE, yet it is used.  The discovery that the earth is a sphere was discovered by Galileo in the 1500's...

Uhmmm....no it wasn't.

Quote:
The concept of a spherical Earth dates back to ancient Greek philosophy from around the 6th century BC, but remained a matter of philosophical speculation until the 3rd century BC when Hellenistic astronomy established the spherical shape of the earth as a physical given.

But you are only off by around 1800 years or so.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Aww look, poor

Vastet wrote:

What have you been smoking?  Must be some good shit.  You're not rational. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Guys like Sage_override and

Guys like Sage_override and Vastet are proof that mastrubation and typing occurs simultaneously, at climax, they hit the ENTER key. 

LOL...I really bother you or you wouldn't be so petulant. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Burnedout

Watcher wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

Narrow minded as a theist.  The wheel was invented many thousands of years BCE, yet it is used.  The discovery that the earth is a sphere was discovered by Galileo in the 1500's...

Uhmmm....no it wasn't.

Quote:
The concept of a spherical Earth dates back to ancient Greek philosophy from around the 6th century BC, but remained a matter of philosophical speculation until the 3rd century BC when Hellenistic astronomy established the spherical shape of the earth as a physical given.

You are still not getting the point....WHICH IS....just because something was pre Darwin, does not mean it does not have validity.  Often people will use words like 'Creator' or 'god' like a mathematician will use 'X' for unknown.  BIG DEAL. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Watcher

Burnedout wrote:

Watcher wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

Uhmmm....no it wasn't.

Quote:

You are still not getting the point....WHICH IS....just because something was pre Darwin, does not mean it does not have validity.  Often people will use words like 'Creator' or 'god' like a mathematician will use 'X' for unknown.  BIG DEAL. 

Ancient concepts have validity until they are shown to be incorrect. Should we abandon the use of rubber wheels because wood and stone wheels still have validity? Candles are still valid lighting tools - lose all electric lighting?

If you want to use "god" for the unknown the only beef I have with you is that we already have a perfectly good term for the unknown - "the unknown". Why use a word that has additional baggage?

The problem with using "Creator" for the unknown is that now you have an unknown thing which you claim does something - wouldn't that move it out of the "unknown" category? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't been in this

I haven't been in this thread for a while, but it seems it is attracting more flies.

I have to say to watch Bonehead Boehner get his ass handed to him and watch him hung out to dry by his own party was sweeeeeeeet.

Lets see you try that in two months buddy, I'd advise you not to let your uber rich over lords rule you. Hey rethuglicans, get wise, it is WE THE PEOPLE, not WE THE CORPORATIONS.

I find it funny that he cried about taking all those "rotten jobs" but seems to be stuck with the worst job he has ever had.

How does it feel to be butt fucked Boehner? Get used to it, there will be more to come if you don't shape up.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:You are

Burnedout wrote:

No, I did get your point.

Just don't spew mythological crap as facts while making whatever misguided and poorly informed points you are trying to make us swallow.

The Earth was NOT thought of as flat in 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

No one thought he was going to sail over the edge of the Earth.

Myth.

Children stories.   Utter nonsense.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Narrow

Burnedout wrote:

Narrow minded as a theist.  The wheel was invented many thousands of years BCE, yet it is used.  The discovery that the earth is a sphere was discovered by Galileo in the 1500's but it is still valid.  Just because something was discovered pre-Darwin does not make it invalid.  It simply takes more thought on your part.  

Way to avoid answering any criticism of you position. Just don't talk about it and make up false statements about what I said.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

And the projection begins.

Burnedout wrote:

Guys like Sage_override and Vastet are proof that mastrubation and typing occurs simultaneously, at climax, they hit the ENTER key. 

You'll only be able to delude yourself until you're dragged into the street and shot by a pissed off mob that's had more than enough of being treated like shit. Enjoy it! I will.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Brian37

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
That was only one portion the entire population you dealt with at the time. Still does not change that they are needed. Still does not mean they should be treated like shit because they don't move up.

EVERYONE is needed. And since life is not a script we should not devalue those who don't have what we have.

My only issues are cost of living, pay gap and health care and education.

Do your thing, be happy with your life. Just don't project your script of how you think life should go on others.

If you ever want to become a Jew, there's an entire religion out there dedicated to the way you think.

The only requirements are you have to be willing to get murdered because you think there is more to life than greed.  Oh, and the funny hat, right-to-left writing, and learning to sing in weird minor keys.  We have great holidays, too.

But seriously -- you sound like a Reform or Reconstructionist Jew so much of the time I =swear= I saw you on Mt. Sinai ...

Like I said in the other thread. IF IF IF I had no choice, I would be someone like you who thinks they have a big umbrella. Unfortunately that comes with the baggage of myth and the tribal attitude that your label makes you special.

The only provable universal inclusive umbrella we have is the label human. The labels humans invent do not change what we have in common. Especially ones written in a tribal scientifically ignorant past which have done nothing but perpetuate the division between humans that prevents that umbrella from widening.

It is not you being Jewish that bothers me, it is literally our species history in falsely coming to the conclusions you have come to as well.

I have no doubt you are a decent person, but this is not personal, this IS ABOUT the claims you make.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

You'll only be able to delude yourself until you're dragged into the street and shot by a pissed off mob that's had more than enough of being treated like shit. Enjoy it! I will.

Do you enjoy jacking off to your own proletariat visions of grandeur?  OR......ARE YOU TRYING TO FLIRT WITH ME?......IF you are....Pssssst....I am married and I probably get laid more often than you...Eye-wink

Cmon...what's wrong?   Do you hate everyone who has a dollar more than you?  Did you get rejected because you didn't make the hockey team? What...not tough enough?.....AWWWWW.....don't cry there child. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Burnedout

EXC wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

Way to avoid answering any criticism of you position. Just don't talk about it and make up false statements about what I said.

Ahhhh....nope....you just have this habit of throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

Do you enjoy jacking off to your own proletariat visions of grandeur?  OR......ARE YOU TRYING TO FLIRT WITH ME?......IF you are....Pssssst....I am married and I know I get laid more often than you...Eye-wink

Cmon...what's wrong?   Do you hate everyone who has a dollar more than you?  Did you get rejected by girl  because you didn't make the hockey team? What...not tough enough?.....AWWWWW.....don't cry there child. 

Don't like what I say?  What are YOU going to do about it?  Pissing at me on a message board doesn't count....so tell me....WHAT?  What are you going to do?

moxia19
moxia19's picture
User is offlineOffline
spam

mod edit ... remove spam

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
More projection from a

More projection from a moron. Nothing to see here. Smiling

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:More projection

Vastet wrote:

You still never answered the question.......WHAT are YOU going to do about it?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Why should I do anything more than I'm already doing? Lol. You think your stupidity is really capable of effecting me so deeply that I'd feel the need to do something to you? Please. I have better things to do. Like nothing, for example. As if you'd be worth wasting any more time and resources on than are already wasted. Hell, at this point I'm only even responding because it's funny to watch an idiot try to get the last word in. You never had anything of value to add to the discussion.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Why should I do anything more than I'm already doing? Lol. You think your stupidity is really capable of effecting me so deeply that I'd feel the need to do something to you? Please. I have better things to do. Like nothing, for example. As if you'd be worth wasting any more time and resources on than are already wasted. Hell, at this point I'm only even responding because it's funny to watch an idiot try to get the last word in. You never had anything of value to add to the discussion.

You are like the guy who pisses his pants  in a dark color pair of pants and gets a warm feeling and nobody notices.  You love to have your little proletariat vision of grandeur.  Enjoy your wet pants......but remember...if you are so bad assed...what are YOU going to do?

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You are like the guy

Quote:
You are like the guy who pisses his pants  in a dark color pair of pants and gets a warm feeling and nobody notices.  You love to have your little proletariat vision of grandeur.  Enjoy your wet pants......but remember...if you are so bad assed...what are YOU going to do?

Proletariat; noun:  The class of wage earners, especially those who earn their living by manual labor or who are dependent for support on daily or casual employment; the working class.

If you're going to use words to describe someone's views, know what they mean first of all, you small-minded numbskull.  Lastly, YOU'RE THE WORKING CLASS, TOO, JAGOFF.  I wonder if your presents for X-mas consist of hardened deer shit, rock-hard oatmeal cookies and elf snot.  I can only dream... 

Damn, I love trolls like this guy; makes me glad I'm not a dullard.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

Proletariat; noun:  The class of wage earners, especially those who earn their living by manual labor or who are dependent for support on daily or casual employment; the working class.

If you're going to use words to describe someone's views, know what they mean first of all, you small-minded numbskull.  Lastly, YOU'RE THE WORKING CLASS, TOO, JAGOFF.  I wonder if your presents for X-mas consist of hardened deer shit, rock-hard oatmeal cookies and elf snot.  I can only dream... 

Damn, I love trolls like this guy; makes me glad I'm not a dullard.

Don't be so quick to flatter yourself for no reason.  You have made it quite clear that you can digitally mastrubate to your own ego and convince yourself you look good doing it.

What else do you do?.....

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Typical American dumbass lol.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Typical

Vastet wrote:

You need to see a therapist.  You have a bad case of international penis envy. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
More projection. We really

More projection. We really don't need to hear about your sexual failures.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:More

Vastet wrote:
More projection. We really don't need to hear about your sexual failures.

You still never answered my earlier question....What are YOU going to do about it?