Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ghetto Mentality

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
The ghetto mentality

The only one between the two of us who has a "ghetto mentality" is you.

Thats how drug dealers think. That is how gang members think. As long as they get what they want, fuck everyone else.

If "every man for themselves" is your mentality your mindset fits that "ghetto mentality", not mine.

Again, Germany has janitors and dish washers too. But they have less of a pay gap and far better education and less of a crime rate. WHY? Because their government and their top money makers care and build and the workers are treated as important, not trash like you treat the poor.

What scares you? That the middle class and working poor are finally saying enough? Are you scared that if more people get educations you wont be able to treat them like shit?

YOU are the problem, not the middle class and poor. YOU and your selfish attitude that as long as you make money you have no duty or loyalty to the community you live in. THAT is what creates ghettos.

Keep it up, maybe we can have shanty towns and mountains covered in trash just like Tijuana. It would be fantastic if the entire nation looked like that.

YOU are the one setting the standards low and you are too deluded to realize it. You are merely perpetuating the global economic race to the bottom.

By ghetto mentality I meant the type of thinking that permeates people who are unable to get themselves out of it. Generally, it is the attitude that they are unable to earn more money, unable to own part of the means of production and unable to improve their personal lives. Instead of looking at what they are doing and trying things differently they point the finger at others. Namely, those who have succeeded. They believe that success in capitalism is based mainly on exploiting/taking advantage of others. So if their life sucks, it is because someone exploited them. Since they believe it is impossible to improve their lot in life, they don't try. You and your ideology supports that type of thinking.

When I tell people with ghetto mentality what things they could do to succeed they usually respond by declaring me delusional or say "its not that easy" or "you don't know what you're talking about". I don't know why people resist advice so much. People on this site have routinely asserted "you don't understand what it is like" etc. Yeah, I know what its like not having enough money for food. Especially when you are too proud/stubborn to get government aid. I ate my share of ramen. Once a week I went to a church that had a charity dinner. I remember having a romantic candle lit dinner on a park bench eating Wendy's as an anniversary dinner with my girlfriend. I have been at both ends of the tax bracket. About the only thing that I have no experience with is having kids to take care of. Which I admit would have been a fucking nightmare back then. 

Yet while those with the ghetto mentality tell me I have no clue what its like to live on an income I have in fact lived on, they have all sorts of advice on how to run a business even though they never ran one. It is kind of like an Amish telling you how to drive a car. If you think the pay gap is a problem, I can tell you specific things you can do to increase your own income and therefore decrease the pay gap. If you refuse to do those things, then you really only have yourself to blame. Those with the ghetto mentality will refuse to accept that they could increase their income.

This mentality is strong and seems to be spreading to much of the lower middle class as well. When I ask people specifically, "what prevents you from making more money" I rarely get an answer at all. If I do get an answer it is some made up problem like "it takes money to make money" or "I don't have the training". When I offer a solution to those problems, it is almost always rejected as "impossible" even if I point out specific examples of people who did what I am suggesting. Obviously those people got "lucky". Well the only way to get "lucky" and shoot a hoop playing basketball is to throw the damn ball. If you never throw the ball, you don't have a basis for bitching about never making a basket.

You are right that it is about attitude. Those with ghetto mentality will always have the attitude that every problem is someone else's fault and a reason to not try. Those with entrepreneur mentality look at every problem as a temporary obstacle and find ways around it. When someone with the ghetto mentality fails in an endeavor, they look at it as evidence they were doomed from the start. People with ghetto mentality are pessimistic and use any hardship as an excuse to give up. When they fail, they point the finger and say "I couldn't help it" or "there is nothing I could do". 

When someone with entrepreneur mentality fails, they look at it as a learning experience and try again. People who are financially successful almost always have confidence, optimism and persistence, even in the face of unexpected disasters. They accept their failures as lessons and move on. Externally caused hardships are viewed as obstacles that will be overcome. They have a clear and definite vision of what they want to achieve and they find a way to get there. If any business venture I am involved in fails, I don't run around pointing fingers. Even if external parties are involved, I look at the decisions I made and consider what I could have done differently. 

If you are sitting around blaming others for your financial situation, you have ghetto mentality. If you are one of those that tells people who dare to dream of great things that they need to be "realistic" about their expectations, you are part of the culture that is pushing ghetto mentality. If you aren't happy with your income level or career or employer, you can change it. You can work for someone else. I've had my share of shitty employers. It was a running joke among those who knew me that I had a new job every pay period. Every time I saw someone I hadn't seen for awhile they would ask "So what job are you doing now?" 

The mentality that makes people look at employers as if they have so much power, like they are slave owners and your the slave. It doesn't make sense to me. And if people feel that way, I don't know why the continue going to work. I would rather live on very little money than put up with feeling enslaved/exploited by an employer. You are giving an employer your most valuable asset- time. Don't give it to them lightly. Demand the money and respect you believe your time is worth, and if you don't get it, go elsewhere. If no one is offering you a job, create your own. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
My estimates of your

My estimates of your intellect drop a bit more with that falsehood. Eye-wink

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
The ghetto mentality

The only one between the two of us who has a "ghetto mentality" is you.

Thats how drug dealers think. That is how gang members think. As long as they get what they want, fuck everyone else.

If "every man for themselves" is your mentality your mindset fits that "ghetto mentality", not mine.

Again, Germany has janitors and dish washers too. But they have less of a pay gap and far better education and less of a crime rate. WHY? Because their government and their top money makers care and build and the workers are treated as important, not trash like you treat the poor.

What scares you? That the middle class and working poor are finally saying enough? Are you scared that if more people get educations you wont be able to treat them like shit?

YOU are the problem, not the middle class and poor. YOU and your selfish attitude that as long as you make money you have no duty or loyalty to the community you live in. THAT is what creates ghettos.

Keep it up, maybe we can have shanty towns and mountains covered in trash just like Tijuana. It would be fantastic if the entire nation looked like that.

YOU are the one setting the standards low and you are too deluded to realize it. You are merely perpetuating the global economic race to the bottom.

By ghetto mentality I meant the type of thinking that permeates people who are unable to get themselves out of it. Generally, it is the attitude that they are unable to earn more money, unable to own part of the means of production and unable to improve their personal lives. Instead of looking at what they are doing and trying things differently they point the finger at others. Namely, those who have succeeded. They believe that success in capitalism is based mainly on exploiting/taking advantage of others. So if their life sucks, it is because someone exploited them. Since they believe it is impossible to improve their lot in life, they don't try. You and your ideology supports that type of thinking.

When I tell people with ghetto mentality what things they could do to succeed they usually respond by declaring me delusional or say "its not that easy" or "you don't know what you're talking about". I don't know why people resist advice so much. People on this site have routinely asserted "you don't understand what it is like" etc. Yeah, I know what its like not having enough money for food. Especially when you are too proud/stubborn to get government aid. I ate my share of ramen. Once a week I went to a church that had a charity dinner. I remember having a romantic candle lit dinner on a park bench eating Wendy's as an anniversary dinner with my girlfriend. I have been at both ends of the tax bracket. About the only thing that I have no experience with is having kids to take care of. Which I admit would have been a fucking nightmare back then. 

Yet while those with the ghetto mentality tell me I have no clue what its like to live on an income I have in fact lived on, they have all sorts of advice on how to run a business even though they never ran one. It is kind of like an Amish telling you how to drive a car. If you think the pay gap is a problem, I can tell you specific things you can do to increase your own income and therefore decrease the pay gap. If you refuse to do those things, then you really only have yourself to blame. Those with the ghetto mentality will refuse to accept that they could increase their income.

This mentality is strong and seems to be spreading to much of the lower middle class as well. When I ask people specifically, "what prevents you from making more money" I rarely get an answer at all. If I do get an answer it is some made up problem like "it takes money to make money" or "I don't have the training". When I offer a solution to those problems, it is almost always rejected as "impossible" even if I point out specific examples of people who did what I am suggesting. Obviously those people got "lucky". Well the only way to get "lucky" and shoot a hoop playing basketball is to throw the damn ball. If you never throw the ball, you don't have a basis for bitching about never making a basket.

You are right that it is about attitude. Those with ghetto mentality will always have the attitude that every problem is someone else's fault and a reason to not try. Those with entrepreneur mentality look at every problem as a temporary obstacle and find ways around it. When someone with the ghetto mentality fails in an endeavor, they look at it as evidence they were doomed from the start. People with ghetto mentality are pessimistic and use any hardship as an excuse to give up. When they fail, they point the finger and say "I couldn't help it" or "there is nothing I could do". 

When someone with entrepreneur mentality fails, they look at it as a learning experience and try again. People who are financially successful almost always have confidence, optimism and persistence, even in the face of unexpected disasters. They accept their failures as lessons and move on. Externally caused hardships are viewed as obstacles that will be overcome. They have a clear and definite vision of what they want to achieve and they find a way to get there. If any business venture I am involved in fails, I don't run around pointing fingers. Even if external parties are involved, I look at the decisions I made and consider what I could have done differently. 

If you are sitting around blaming others for your financial situation, you have ghetto mentality. If you are one of those that tells people who dare to dream of great things that they need to be "realistic" about their expectations, you are part of the culture that is pushing ghetto mentality. If you aren't happy with your income level or career or employer, you can change it. You can work for someone else. I've had my share of shitty employers. It was a running joke among those who knew me that I had a new job every pay period. Every time I saw someone I hadn't seen for awhile they would ask "So what job are you doing now?" 

The mentality that makes people look at employers as if they have so much power, like they are slave owners and your the slave. It doesn't make sense to me. And if people feel that way, I don't know why the continue going to work. I would rather live on very little money than put up with feeling enslaved/exploited by an employer. You are giving an employer your most valuable asset- time. Don't give it to them lightly. Demand the money and respect you believe your time is worth, and if you don't get it, go elsewhere. If no one is offering you a job, create your own. 

I find that Ghetto Mentality and Penis Envy have much in common.  When a person has either, they want something that is not theirs.  They even hate the person who has it.  They want to take it from them but not JUST take it from them, they want to punish them for ever having it.  What is so sad, unless you are in a complete totalitarian nation, with some preparation and EFFORT by their own CHOICE, they could achieve a better life.  Instead, they  would rather use government to hold people and gun point under color of law and steal, rob, and extort it from the people who have what they  want.  They hate the human race, they demand total uniformity and in reality, want no dissent. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
More bullshit.

More bullshit. Smiling

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

Conservatives are profoundly misinformed about the nature of cause and effect.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus

Philosophicus wrote:

Spoken like someone who has never done anything because they are  afraid to try. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus

Philosophicus wrote:

Spoken like someone who has never done anything because they are  afraid to try. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Double post....mods please

Double post....mods please remove...thank you.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I HAD to get a

Vastet wrote:
I HAD to get a job to eat and pay rent. The ONLY option was to accept less than I was worth or forfeit the ability to survive conventionally. I intend to get my value out of the work I had NO choice but to accept.

What would you consider an ideal -- or at least fair -- work situation?  If you could, please describe the type of work, hours and compensation you would consider satisfactory.

(Not being contentious; just curious.)

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pay should be fair and

Pay should be fair and livable, keeping up every year with inflation. Enough to pay rent and the bills, buy food, and have a chunk of money left over that is sufficient to do more than buy a couple videos. The one thing the rich are seemingly too stupid to understand is that a wealthy population is a spending population, which allows for greater sales, and therefore profits, in all industries. People aren't eager to buy a house or eat out or go to the theatre when food is a constant concern.
Type is irrelevant. Any job is better than none. As long as corporations keep sending jobs overseas, the number of unemployed will rise.
Hours are a complex subject. For the most part the current system isn't particularly horrible, but I'd like to see incentive for businesses to give people full time, 8 hour shifts. Many places save money by having employees come in for 4 hour shifts so they don't have to provide as many breaks. Which is doubly cheating all the employees, because there's also less hours weekly each.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
The Zeitgeist Movement

The Zeitgeist Movement promotes that money is expunged from the equation altogether and that the abundance we have for things that we purchase WITH the money we earn every week, bi-weekly, monthly or whatever is just a false, potentially dangerous incentive that has no basis in how humans should gain access to the things they need to live.  What we think we need like cosmetics, flashy jewelry or whatever vain possession(s) we all have is based on commercial conditioning that is designed to pit us against each other for class separation.  Of course, trying to get people to see that is harder than removing religion because of this desire, this accumulation/consumption disease we've adopted.  

Since we all do still live in the monetary system, and will for probably quite some time more, currency should adopt another form that can't be easily manipulated and be produced out of thin air; that's why silver and gold are such a hot button with wall street and the vultures at the Federal Reserve.  I still fear the NAU and the potential "Amero" which I hope NEVER happens...

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
People want to get paid but

People want to get paid but not work.  They also are wanting something for nothing.  They think businesses are just an endless river of money.  They think that money comes from little unicorns that shit it.  They have no clue that it takes something called risk when you start a business and that the business owner takes far more of a risk than some whiny employees who are not forced to work there realize.  If that employee loses his/her job, they get some kind of unemployment compensation.  If the business owner's business fails, not only does it fail, they cannot get the unemployment compensation.  Unless you live in a totalitarian country, where you are chained to your work station, there is nothing that says you have to work where you don't like it.  Minimum wage laws or excess regulations actually cause some businesses not to exist because the cost to operate is too much and then you have even less jobs.  Just figure that every new line of law that is printed and passed, that is several hundred to several thousand jobs that won't exist.  But OH NO.......those ebil 'Rich' just hate working people.  Whine whine whine whine.  Must be a past-time.  

IF the people who whined would get off their asses and put their mind and actions to do something, they might be surprised just what they CAN accomplish.  Instead they just want to sit around and complain and whine and pitch a fit and feel resentful.  They even FEEEEEEEL good at feeling resentful.  When you say you CAN'T.....just remember, the word 'Can't' NEVER DID ANYTHING. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another proof of the

Another proof of the stupidity of the right. Fortunately they're driving themselves towards extinction with every self absorbed, greedy, asshole breath they take.
Good riddance.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Another proof

Vastet wrote:
Another proof of the stupidity of the right. Fortunately they're driving themselves towards extinction with every self absorbed, greedy, asshole breath they take. Good riddance.

More of your hate?  All you have to do is replace the 'Rich' with the 'N' word for black people or 'Frogs' for people of Quebec....OH but those are not politically correct I see.  You now use the word the 'Rich' as your new hated minority. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:When you say you

Quote:
When you say you CAN'T.....just remember, the word 'Can't' NEVER DID ANYTHING.

Well, what do you know, you're right...for a change.  This is why OWS and The Zeitgeist Movement exist. 

Grab your ankles and prepare for a nice insertion of hard-headed sodomy from the same out-dated, dangerous, non-progressive, social killing, hate mongering, war loving and oppressing institutions that you just LOVE to claim over and over again like the stubborn troll you are that nothing is wrong with any of it.  You keep on truckin', big boy, and watch what happens to all your "self-appointed guardian of the status quo" mentalities and the destruction they'll get you. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
When you say you CAN'T.....just remember, the word 'Can't' NEVER DID ANYTHING.

Well, what do you know, you're right...for a change.  This is why OWS and The Zeitgeist Movement exist. 

Grab your ankles and prepare for a nice insertion of hard-headed sodomy from the same out-dated, dangerous, non-progressive, social killing, hate mongering, war loving and oppressing institutions that you just LOVE to claim over and over again like the stubborn troll you are that nothing is wrong with any of it.  You keep on truckin', big boy, and watch what happens to all your "self-appointed guardian of the status quo" mentalities and the destruction they'll get you. 

Awww....you're flirting with me now....how sweet.  Gonna burst your bubble....I'm strait and married....not your type....Eye-wink

But seriously....if you REALLY want to do some damage (snarkiness aside) SERIOUSLY...tell your buddies in the OWS and Zeitgeist movements to do some homework.....find out where the people who are politicians, Wall Street Bankers, etc, have property.  They could go to the county court houses and file liens by the thousands.  Even if they are not valid, they must go through the courts to clear them and it is a major hassle, imagine if there were say 100,000 liens filed on the people targeted for say....around $1000 a piece.  It would take a fleet of full-time lawyers at least 10 years to clear it up doing NOTHING but that.  Hell, they might even get George Soros to help with the legal filing fees.  With a lien against a piece of property, it cannot change hands for ANY reason even if they died and tried to pass it to their heirs, not without the liens being settled first.  Imagine also if everyone who had been foreclosed on then turned around and filed a lien against the home they lost for the amount of equity they had in the house at the time of default.....the possibilities are endless....Eye-wink

BTW....there are a FEW areas me and my Libertarian friends agree with OWS and Zeitgeist, and that is the way the bankers have fucked up the system.  Hey...we can at least agree on a few things can we not? 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Vastet

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Another proof of the stupidity of the right. Fortunately they're driving themselves towards extinction with every self absorbed, greedy, asshole breath they take. Good riddance.

More of your hate?  All you have to do is replace the 'Rich' with the 'N' word for black people or 'Frogs' for people of Quebec....OH but those are not politically correct I see.  You now use the word the 'Rich' as your new hated minority. 

More projection. We already know you hate the poor, but that won't change anything.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Burnedout

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

More projection. We already know you hate the poor, but that won't change anything.

Projection?......Must be yours, after all, you hate the job creators and have actually called for violence against them, or at least insinuated it, you want to end their operations and destroy jobs.  The best cure for poverty is a job. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ More yawn-worthy denial.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^ More

Vastet wrote:

Cmon...is that the best you've got?

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The best cure for

Quote:
The best cure for poverty is a job.

Ahh, man, I had a good laugh at this bullshit...

Thank you, troll.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
The best cure for poverty is a job.

Ahh, man, I had a good laugh at this bullshit...

Thank you, troll.

Troll???.......Name calling now?.....You must be out of any intellectual arguments because that is what 10 year old little petulant girls do is name call.  Cmon....you can do better than that can't you?

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Troll???.......Name

Quote:
Troll???.......Name calling now?.....You must be out of any intellectual arguments because that is what 10 year old little petulant girls do is name call.  Cmon....you can do better than that can't you?

There's an implication that you had any intellect to begin with for me to waste any of mine on YOU.  Besides, the truth hurts, doesn't it?  I expect you to respond by saying something dismissive again because you have nothing witty to say and then recede back into your cave.  You're not the first troll I've dealt with by a long shot, pal. 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

There's an implication that you had any intellect to begin with for me to waste any of mine on YOU.  Besides, the truth hurts, doesn't it?  I expect you to respond by saying something dismissive again because you have nothing witty to say and then recede back into your cave.  You're not the first troll I've dealt with by a long shot, pal. 

Oh CMON......there you go again....name calling......got to do better than that......don't need to act like a petulant little girl....Eye-wink

All I have ever seen from you is insults.....why should I take you seriously?  I simply mirror people who respond to me.  If you have intelligence...you get it back, if you act like a childish little kid, you get shit back....fair enough. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Oh CMON......there you

Quote:
Oh CMON......there you go again....name calling......got to do better than that......don't need to act like a petulant little girl....

All I have ever seen from you is insults.....why should I take you seriously?  I simply mirror people who respond to me.  If you have intelligence...you get it back, if you act like a childish little kid, you get shit back....fair enough.

There you go sweet talking me with big words that you don't understand; how adorable.

Shine on, you crazy troll! 

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Quote:Oh

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
Oh CMON......there you go again....name calling......got to do better than that......don't need to act like a petulant little girl....

There you go sweet talking me with big words that you don't understand; how adorable.

Shine on, you crazy troll! 

More name calling....and so petulant.....try being more adult....child. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:More name

Quote:

I sense the troll is flustered!  Better not be mean to it anymore or it might regurgitate "petulant" again! 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

If you want something inspired, you'll have to do better than bore me to get it.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

I sense the troll is flustered!  Better not be mean to it anymore or it might regurgitate "petulant" again! 

You're dreaming.  I think you enjoy digitally mastrubating.....either that you are just trying to flirt with me....either way, I am stubborn....Eye-wink

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:

If you want something inspired, you'll have to do better than bore me to get it.

I guess I was wrong....you're not capable of anything better....

But then again what do you expect about anyone who cannot get ahead because you don't even try?  You just whine. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ Still boring

^ Still boring

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^ Still

Vastet wrote:
^ Still boring

projection. Eye-wink

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
^ Still boring

projection. Eye-wink

^ Still boring, but with a touch of senseless.

That's what happens to trolls that run out of things to say. Smiling

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
^ Still boring

projection. Eye-wink

^ Still boring, but with a touch of senseless. That's what happens to trolls that run out of things to say. Smiling

Funny...that was my thoughts about you.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ And the troll is reduced

^ And the troll is reduced to grade school recess quality slurs. Amusing.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^ And the troll

Vastet wrote:
^ And the troll is reduced to grade school recess quality slurs. Amusing.

Just mirroring you. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ Repitition: The ultimate

^ Repitition: The ultimate in boring.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Burnedout wrote: 

Quote:
Burnedout wrote: 

Oh CMON......there you go again....name calling......got to do better than that.....

You can do better than that, can't you??

(Every Burnedout retort summed up): "Sup, bro!  Let's go, bro!  Come on, bro!  Come at me, bro!  Take a swing, bro!!  What you got, bro?"

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
Burnedout wrote: 

Oh CMON......there you go again....name calling......got to do better than that.....

You can do better than that, can't you??

(Every Burnedout retort summed up): "Sup, bro!  Let's go, bro!  Come on, bro!  Come at me, bro!  Take a swing, bro!!  What you got, bro?"

I just mirror the people who post at me.  Want better start sounding more intelligent and well...less snarky.  I can be as intelligent or as idiotic as the people who post at me....UP TO YOU. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ Stealing my line. lol.

^ Stealing my line. lol.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^ Stealing my

Vastet wrote:
^ Stealing my line. lol.

You think so? 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
^ Stealing my line. lol.

You think so? 

The proof is right there. lol.

Oh wait, that's right. You're just a troll who got owned and failed to do anything more than prove his own stupidity, while waiting for the mob to shoot you in the face... if you're lucky. Smiling

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
^ Stealing my line. lol.

You think so? 

The proof is right there. lol. Oh wait, that's right. You're just a troll who got owned and failed to do anything more than prove his own stupidity, while waiting for the mob to shoot you in the face... if you're lucky. Smiling

Violence?  Hmmm...what would the RCMP say about you threatening?

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Double Post...sorry.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can we cut the "Are not!"

Can we cut the "Are not!" "Is too!" idiocy?

This had been a good thread, but has become another instance of non-intellectual BULLSHIT.

Is there such a thing as a "ghetto mentality"?   Sure.  Absolutely.  When the State decided it needed to become our Nanny, and offered to exchange space at the Giant Nanny Teet for votes, it moved the ghetto mentality out of the ghetto and into the rest of society.

Are their wealthy people who are completely and totally ignorant (willfully or otherwise) about the structural obstacles that exist which keep people Down On The Farm?  Absolutely.

SO.  What can be done about it?  How can we dismantle both of those structures so that people who want to succeed, can, and people who want to hoard power, can't?

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Can we cut the "Are

Quote:

Can we cut the "Are not!" "Is too!" idiocy?

This had been a good thread, but has become another instance of non-intellectual BULLSHIT.

I'll humor your "intellectual" addition to try and segue way from the troll for shits and giggles even if this thread is pretty much dead.

Quote:
Is there such a thing as a "ghetto mentality"?   Sure.  Absolutely.  When the State decided it needed to become our Nanny, and offered to exchange space at the Giant Nanny Teet for votes, it moved the ghetto mentality out of the ghetto and into the rest of society.

There is desperation to survive in certain pockets of society.  Sometimes, those elements make their way into areas with less crime, better education, etc.  This has been the model for every major civilization ever created.  People have been groomed to either sink or swim and some of those ended up with better means than others.  Since society looks down on people who have seemed to just "give up," the rationale is to do little to nothing to help these unfortunates to help find their way.  It'll remain this way until we stop seeing certain groups as pieces of filth and start seeing the connection we all should have to one another.

Quote:
Are their wealthy people who are completely and totally ignorant (willfully or otherwise) about the structural obstacles that exist which keep people Down On The Farm?  Absolutely.

You think?

Quote:
SO.  What can be done about it?  How can we dismantle both of those structures so that people who want to succeed, can, and people who want to hoard power, can't?

All forms of religion need to die, money needs to be eradicated and a new social system needs to be implemented over time; short of that, nothing will change. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
^ Stealing my line. lol.

You think so? 

The proof is right there. lol. Oh wait, that's right. You're just a troll who got owned and failed to do anything more than prove his own stupidity, while waiting for the mob to shoot you in the face... if you're lucky. Smiling

^ Reading comprehension failure.

Why don't you go ask them what they'd do about what I've said?

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
^ Stealing my line. lol.

You think so? 

^ Reading comprehension failure. Why don't you go ask them what they'd do about what I've said?

Can YOU read?  The answer is BECAUSE I chose to ask you?...Eye-wink

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course I can read. You're

Of course I can read. You're the one who can't. Which is why you have suggested I threatened you. When I didn't. Eye-wink
In other words, they'd listen patiently to you, and possibly even investigate. Then they'd laugh amongst themselves.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Of course I can

Vastet wrote:
Of course I can read. You're the one who can't. Which is why you have suggested I threatened you. When I didn't. Eye-wink In other words, they'd listen patiently to you, and possibly even investigate. Then they'd laugh amongst themselves.

hmmm....maybe I ought to call the RCMP just for fun....what do you say?....just to see what they will do.  Cmon....you like fun don't you, or are you so bitter against everyone that nothing is fun?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Of course I can read. You're the one who can't. Which is why you have suggested I threatened you. When I didn't. Eye-wink In other words, they'd listen patiently to you, and possibly even investigate. Then they'd laugh amongst themselves.

hmmm....maybe I ought to call the RCMP just for fun....what do you say?....just to see what they will do.  Cmon....you like fun don't you, or are you so bitter against everyone that nothing is fun?

*Yawn*

I already suggested you go ahead and do so. Please do.

It's just further evidence of your inability to comprehend what you read.

You're probably too stupid to be able to figure out how to contact the police. So I'll help you.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/on/index-eng.htm

Ontario Provincial Police:
http://www.opp.ca/

Canadian Security Intelligence Service:
http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/

Have Fun!