hello and Hi

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline
hello and Hi

Sapient, I am sorry, for the way I've been acting. this is really new for me and just new.
I think you sincerely are wanting me to give you proof for what I believe in. and to tell you the truth I would like to know a little more about evolution.. I guess I could get here on this forum as well..

if you have any questions... you can ask me and then give me a week to do my research.. if you know what I mean.

"God didn't send us a doctrine to learn, or a religion to live, or a philosophy to debate. He sent us a brother to love, a madman to trust, a servant to serve, and a mystery to embrace." ~Steven James, STORY

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Re: hello and Hi

JesusSaves wrote:
Sapient, I am sorry, for the way I've been acting. this is really new for me and just new.

Hey there's a step in a positive direction. I guess I should reitterate that I am sorry if I come off harshly at all. I don't mean to be rude, whatever I say I believe is factual and not merely designed to be insulting. But back to you... this is a step in a good direction.

Quote:
I think you sincerely are wanting me to give you proof for what I believe in.

I think that we should all hold each other up to that requirement. If you noticed, your gut reaction was to ask me to prove there was no god. While I don't claim to know that there is no god, my point is that it was your gut reaction. It's only fair to ask someone to prove what it is we're required to believe.

Quote:
and to tell you the truth I would like to know a little more about evolution.. I guess I could get here on this forum as well..

I really hope you stick around. I'm not sure the best way to help teach you a little more about evolution. I'm inclined to suggest that my science partner and I call you on the phone and record a segment, and we talk about evolution together, and maybe you can ask questions or make statements and we'll explain the science behind it. Then later, both Christians and atheists could refer to that mp3 file as a learning tool. Would you be willing to do that? We'll call you, so you wont pay a thing. And we'll promise to be as nice to you as you are to us.

Are you in?

Quote:
if you have any questions... you can ask me and then give me a week to do my research.. if you know what I mean.

I hate sounding cocky, but honestly I don't have any questions pertaining to religion. My partners and I have a combined 30+ years of experience discussing, debating, learning, and teaching about things in the fields of Science, Religion, and Philosophy. This aside from the fact that we were all exactly where you are right now at some point in our lives. The only questions I'd have for you, would be personal questions about your life story, but it seems we have more important things to deal with.

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline
hello and Hi

no.. I won't give my number out on the internet... just yet.. not that I don't trust you.. but I am still 18... and living iwth my parents..

"God didn't send us a doctrine to learn, or a religion to live, or a philosophy to debate. He sent us a brother to love, a madman to trust, a servant to serve, and a mystery to embrace." ~Steven James, STORY

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
hello and Hi

JesusSaves wrote:
no.. I won't give my number out on the internet... just yet.. not that I don't trust you.. but I am still 18... and living iwth my parents..

How bout being honest with your parents as well? As far as I'm concerned Dad can come on the show. If you get a headset with a microphone for your computer, or you already have one, you can download www.skype.com and talk to us for free, without giving us your number.

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline
hello and Hi

what for... me and him have different values.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
hello and Hi

JesusSaves wrote:
what for... me and him have different values.

No biggie, just get www.skype.com and then get this $15 headset at Walmart and you're good to go.