AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

AUDIO RESPONSE TO DAVID, AN ATHEIST MED STUDENT?

David commented on our profile:

Quote:
You guys are idiots, I'm not religious at all but Evolution has never been proved as a law of nature, you guys are definetely the worst people that could represent atheists ever. If you guys were really Atheist you wouldn't care about religious people at all.

Here is Davids profile: http://www.myspace.com/cadamori

Here is our audio response: http://www.rationalresponders.com/media/Mailbag/David6-26-06.mp3

Comment and discuss in this thread.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

I don't think I ever heard of an atheist that doesn't believe in evolution before! I hope I never go where he's a doctor!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Hi guys!

I just finished listening to your "Audio response" (And i must say, i'm impressed with your ability to say absolutely nothing for 15 minutes).

First of all, of course i believe that human beings evolved from apes, Not believing in the theory of evolution would be as ludicrous as a priest not believing what the bible says, i do not however think you have the right to make people stop believing in a supreme being, that's a liberty people have and even though i choose NOT to be religious, i can still tolerate people who are religious.

Secondly, you don't have to tell the importance of evolution in the medical field because i'm certain i know more about this topic than you would ever hope to know.

Third, Medicine isn't all about evolution. If you actually knew what you were talking about you know that Medicine has it roots in preventive medicine. Ancient philosophers and practicioners like Galen and Hippocrates believed that illness could be prevented and didn't focus so much on actually treating people.

Fourth, Moralit doesn't come from religion. Morality comes from a set of values that you acquire in your lifetime, Morality is a different entire topic that has nothing to do with Religion or Science.

Fifth, good luck changing the world with your little radio show.

Sixth, I'm not a creationist. Stop trying to label me as one.

Sincerely Yours.

David M.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
Hi guys!

I just finished listening to your "Audio response" (And i must say, i'm impressed with your ability to say absolutely nothing for 15 minutes).

So you're saying we're good at something, AWESOME! Nice attempt at an insult from the guy who tells us that evolution isn't a fact.

Quote:
First of all, of course i believe that human beings evolved from apes

Are you sure? It's not a law of nature, ya know. :roll:

Quote:
Not believing in the theory of evolution would be as ludicrous as a priest not believing what the bible says

FYI there are some atheist priests out there who just do it for the money. And I'd agree, that's ludicrous.

Quote:
i do not however think you have the right to make people stop believing in a supreme being

I'm sorry, in what document were our first ammendment rights taken away from us? Additionally, we don't try to "make people stop" believing in things through force, we attempt to do it through such horrific forces as conversation. It's up to theists to leave fantasy themselves, we just present those willing to listen with the tools needed to escape myth.

Quote:
that's a liberty people have and even though i choose NOT to be religious, i can still tolerate people who are religious.

Congratulations, you get a silver star of tolerance, I have one too. We all have the right to be religious, just like we all have the right to show the religious that there is no scientific evidence to support some of their ludicrous claims.

Quote:
Secondly, you don't have to tell the importance of evolution in the medical field because i'm certain i know more about this topic than you would ever hope to know.

Wow, this absolute claim by yourself, helps us all see your poor thinking skills in a very apparent fashion. Or is it arrogance, cockiness, and obnoxiousness? How are you so sure? What are you measuring this with? Yellow #5 who played a large part in our response has ALREADY graduated with degrees in Chemical Engineering and Microbiology. Additionally he has ten years on you and has taught twat interns like yourself in the lab, however I won't presume they are as twatty as you, it's unfair to them. Additonally he is likely the most respected expert in the field of science, evolution, and biology at InfidelGuy.com, as you can see he is responsible for the moderation within the science forums there, and if you dig deep you'll see just how much knowledge he has on these issues. What do we know about you? We know you're a med student who effectively insinuates that evolution isn't a fact in your first comment to us. Utter ridiculousness!

Seriously this last statement reminds me of one of my favorite quotes of all time [slightly altered for you]:

"Why can't all of lifes problems hit us at 21 when we know everything?"

Quote:
Third, Medicine isn't all about evolution. If you actually knew what you were talking about you know that Medicine has it roots in preventive medicine. Ancient philosophers and practicioners like Galen and Hippocrates believed that illness could be prevented and didn't focus so much on actually treating people.

What were you saying about saying nothing? So fucking what... medicine isn't all about evolution, thanks Captain Obvious.

Quote:
Fourth, Moralit doesn't come from religion. Morality comes from a set of values that you acquire in your lifetime, Morality is a different entire topic that has nothing to do with Religion or Science.

Captain Obvious in the hizzle! I mean seriously, if you're not preaching to the choir on that one, then there is no choir.

Quote:
Fifth, good luck changing the world with your little radio show.

Hey thanks for that insincerity. Good luck with med school without having a fucking clue about evolution.

Quote:

Sixth, I'm not a creationist. Stop trying to label me as one.

Point out where anyone called you a creationist. I'll call you intellectually dishonest, but nobody here has called you a creationist. (no Matt Shizzle didn't, do go there)

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

So are you going to actually elaborate an answer or are you just going to keep coming up with witty zingers?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
So are you going to actually elaborate an answer or are you just going to keep coming up with witty zingers?

Here's a witty zinger... WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
So are you going to actually elaborate an answer or are you just going to keep coming up with witty zingers?

Ummm... Don't you need a question to have an answer? :roll:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

MattShizzle wrote:
Cadamori wrote:
So are you going to actually elaborate an answer or are you just going to keep coming up with witty zingers?

Ummm... Don't you need a question to have an answer? :roll:

He's been defeated, he just doesn't have the integrity to admit any of it.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Nick
Posts: 187
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

You guys can represent me aaaaaanytime. Laughing out loud


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Yeah, me too! Laughing out loud


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Sapient wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
Cadamori wrote:
So are you going to actually elaborate an answer or are you just going to keep coming up with witty zingers?

Ummm... Don't you need a question to have an answer? :roll:

He's been defeated, he just doesn't have the integrity to admit any of it.

Defeated? How old are you 15?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
Sapient wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
Cadamori wrote:
So are you going to actually elaborate an answer or are you just going to keep coming up with witty zingers?

Ummm... Don't you need a question to have an answer? :roll:

He's been defeated, he just doesn't have the integrity to admit any of it.

Defeated? How old are you 15?

No, I'm about 10 years older than you. Gonna answer any of the questions I posed or are you just going to keep coming up with (non-witty) zingers?

Here they are one more time:

Q 1: In what document were our first ammendment rights taken away from us?

Q 2: What evidence and arguments can you present that prove your absolute claim that you know more about evolution and this topic that we will ever know?

Prove your intellectual honesty: Point out where someone called you a creationist.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Quote:
No, I'm about 10 years older than you. Gonna answer any of the questions I posed or are you just going to keep coming up with (non-witty) zingers?

Here they are one more time:

Q 1: In what document were our first ammendment rights taken away from us?

Q 2: What evidence and arguments can you present that prove your absolute claim that you know more about evolution and this topic that we will ever know?

Prove your intellectual honesty: Point out where someone called you a creationist.

Oh wow i see what you did there buddy Smiling

anwyay, on with your questions:

Q1: What does that have to do with anything? Saying you have the "Right" to crtitizice religious people is a shitty argument and only goes further to prove my point that you guys are idiots.

Q2: You tried to pass off a bunch of shittty websites as sources... that's all i have to say really.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:

anwyay, on with your questions:

Q1: What does that have to do with anything? Saying you have the "Right" to crtitizice religious people is a shitty argument and only goes further to prove my point that you guys are idiots.

Then why did you say "i do not however think you have the right to make people stop believing in a supreme being" ???

Seems you've proven yourself to be an idiot... or maybe it's just short term memory loss.

Quote:
Q2: You tried to pass off a bunch of shittty websites as sources... that's all i have to say really.

So in other words you fail. Clearly your above argument does absolutly nothing to prove you know more about evolution and this topic than we ever care to know. Maybe you shouldn't make absolute statements that you can't even come close to backing up. Additionally the only site and person we referenced (if my memory serves me correctly) was Talkorigins (maybe the most notable site in the world for evolution discussion) and the person is Stephen J. Gould, but clearly you know more than him. :roll:

Here is the article: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

So Talkorigins is a shitty website as a source?

Just keep digging that hole.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Nick
Posts: 187
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

You aren't even making an argument.

You know, we can't defend anything if you don't give us anything to work with. Obviously they aren't idiots, judging by how you were completely annihilated by their response. All you do is call them idiots (without any proof or reasoning, mind you) and use logical fallacies ("What are you, 15?" Even if they were, that doesn't make anything they say any less credible, moron).

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about and hate things you don't understand.

Pretty pathetic.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Hole? what hole? Anyway, back on topic.

Listen, we could go on and on discussing who called who an idiot or who knows more about science (i'm going to let you think about this one for a second ok... ) But i'm not going to give you that privilege. Go read a book or two and then we'll talk, you're obviously not prepared to have a civilized discussion without having to come up with a winner/Loser.

After all, if it takes you "20 paragraphs to respond to one sentence" (as quoted in your piece of shit show) then i just don't know what the fuck... Maybe you should be in Fox News or someplace like that.


Nick
Posts: 187
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Ah, another cowardly fool avoiding a real conversation with the "I'm better than you" fallacy.

Funny how you keep saying things yet don't EVER support anything.

Are you ready to act like an adult now, and try to think for once, rather than just blowing shit out your ass and throwing hissy fits when you realise you are out of your league?

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
Hi guys!

I just finished listening to your "Audio response" (And i must say, i'm impressed with your ability to say absolutely nothing for 15 minutes).

I haven't heard the show yet, but I'm willing to bet that they actually said quite a bit... However, personally, I think it's better to say nothing, than to continually assert something that is flat out wrong.

Let's see if you can avoid that.

Quote:

First of all, of course i believe that human beings evolved from apes,

No one who understands evolutionary theory says that we 'evolved from apes', they say that humans and apes have a common ancestor.

Quote:
Not believing in the theory of evolution would be as ludicrous as a priest not believing what the bible says, i do not however think you have the right to make people stop believing in a supreme being, that's a liberty people have and even though i choose NOT to be religious, i can still tolerate people who are religious.

The rational responders help people critically analyze their claims. People are free to not listen.

Quote:

Secondly, you don't have to tell the importance of evolution in the medical field because i'm certain i know more about this topic than you would ever hope to know.

Interesting. Then you might want to explain your blatant misunderstanding of evolution that I pointed out above.

Quote:

Third, Medicine isn't all about evolution. If you actually knew what you were talking about you know that Medicine has it roots in preventive medicine. Ancient philosophers and practicioners like Galen and Hippocrates believed that illness could be prevented and didn't focus so much on actually treating people.

If you're trying to imply that was a choice, you're off the mark. Hippocrates was compelled to focus on preventative measures because he had very few cures at his disposal and his patients suffered a failure rate of 50%. So it wasn't as if he had a choice and decided to focus on preventative measures...

Next, the idea of preventive medicine, first conceived in 'Regimen in Acute Diseases', expressed the idea that illness was due to a loss of equilibrium - i.e. it put forth the idea of a biological causality of illness... so his view, interestingly enough, was a turn away from the prevalent religious view that disease was a punishment from the gods, the prevailing view of his time. So it's interesting that you raised Hippocrates in this discussion, as Hippocrates showed disdain for 'religious explanations' of medical problems, he held that it made ignorance into the ineffable, the mysterious, or the holy.

He wrote:

"Men think epilepsy divine, merely because they do not understand it. But if they called everything divine which they do not understand, why, there would be no end of divine things"

So one of your 'heroes' that you've cited here would likely have been a fan of this show.

Quote:

Fourth, Morality doesn't come from religion. Morality comes from a set of values that you acquire in your lifetime, Morality is a different entire topic that has nothing to do with Religion or Science.

I agree with your views on morality, but the idea that theists don't have something to say on the subject goes beyond simple wrongheadeded staight into obtuseness.

Quote:

Fifth, good luck changing the world with your little radio show.

Good luck changing the world with your little posts, Dave. There's some irony for you. How does it taste, champ?

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
Hole? what hole? Anyway, back on topic.

Sure. I believe the topic was your douchery as evidenced by where you take the conversation....

Quote:
Listen, we could go on and on discussing who called who an idiot or who knows more about science (i'm going to let you think about this one for a second ok... )

There's really no need. You've proved you can't defend your absolute claim, no reason to go any further.

Quote:
Go read a book or two and then we'll talk, you're obviously not prepared to have a civilized discussion without having to come up with a winner/Loser.

What books do you suggest? Mind if I borrow "How to be intellectually dishonest" and "How not to admit when you're wrong" from your collection? Are you insinuating I've never read any books?

You realize how fucking dumb you have made yourself out to be here? No fucking way you pass in a real med school, if you do, you're patients are fucked. You're probably going to some new age holistic homeopathic bullshit school.

Quote:
After all, if it takes you "20 paragraphs to respond to one sentence" (as quoted in your piece of shit show) then i just don't know what the fuck...

We could respond with a sentence or two, but to properly debunk your ridiculousness, 15 minutes is much more appropriate.

Quote:
Maybe you should be in Fox News or someplace like that.

Oh no, he went all fox news on me. He's just crushed my entire argument and shown me to be a fool! What will I do now? Maybe I'll look back on you defeating your own arguments for proof that you're merely an idiot who likes calling others who are wiser than you the same.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

todangst wrote:
Quote:

First of all, of course i believe that human beings evolved from apes,

No one who understands evolutionary theory says that we 'evolved from apes', they say that humans and apes have a common ancestor.

:smt021 Damn you Todangst for catching that!! Can't believe I missed that. Wow this guy is really a piece of work.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Nick
Posts: 187
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

I bet this fool isn't even an atheist. I didn't think it was possible to be in this type of denial without being brainwashed.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Nick_Poling wrote:
I bet this fool isn't even an atheist. I didn't think it was possible to be in this type of denial without being brainwashed.

Keep in mind the only thing one atheist must have in common with another is the lack of belief in a god. To illustrate my example rather dramatically, and hoping to avoid offending anybody with down syndrome... many people with down syndrome are incapable of grasping god belief and are atheists. It is entirelly possible that Davids capacity for critical thought is not much higher than that.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Look David/Cadamori, I have no idea what you are complaining about.

You called us an idiot, we responded in kind.

You stated that "evolution has not been proven to be a law of nature". Sapient and I took time to carefully explain why such a criticism fails. BTW, would you care to explain why you made such a criticism? What point were you trying to make?

You called us ?the worst to represent atheism?, and we clearly explained that we DO NOT represent all atheists. What?s more, we took the time to explain why we do what we do and exactly why we care enough to do what we do.

What do you have to complain about?

You aren?t making an argument, you?re just arguing.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
Hole? what hole? Anyway, back on topic.

Listen, we could go on and on discussing who called who an idiot or who knows more about science (i'm going to let you think about this one for a second ok... ) But i'm not going to give you that privilege. Go read a book or two and then we'll talk, you're obviously not prepared to have a civilized discussion without having to come up with a winner/Loser.

IOW, I refuse to explain why I posted what I posted about evolution, and I refuse to defend it. I'll hide the fact that I was simply ignorant of how science actually works behind contrived disdain.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

You know, there was a Christian on another site I used to be on that was saying she was a medical student, and she didn't believe in evolution. Later she admitted she was going to school to be a medical secretary. Maybe this is similar. If he really is going to be a doctor, I would say God help his patients if I believed in a god. Oh well, there's always the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

MattShizzle wrote:
You know, there was a Christian on another site I used to be on that was saying she was a medical student, and she didn't believe in evolution. Later she admitted she was going to school to be a medical secretary. Maybe this is similar. If he really is going to be a doctor, I would say God help his patients if I believed in a god. Oh well, there's always the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I Do not believe in god.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
You know, there was a Christian on another site I used to be on that was saying she was a medical student, and she didn't believe in evolution. Later she admitted she was going to school to be a medical secretary. Maybe this is similar. If he really is going to be a doctor, I would say God help his patients if I believed in a god. Oh well, there's always the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I Do not believe in god.

Yeah he knows. I think he was floored by the fact that your knowledge of science was somewhat equivalent to someone who embraces faith and superstition over science. Your not believing in god was his whole point.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Samuel
Samuel's picture
Posts: 121
Joined: 2006-02-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Arg, that David guy, lemme tell ya...

He makes bald assertions without justifing them: "You're an idiot."

Clearly doesn't know scientific method: "Evolution has never been proven a law of nature."

Is clearly ignorant about evolution.

And then baldly asserts he knows more than you again, and "therefore you're wrong," without supporting what he says in the least!

What a fool.

Oh, wait, it gets better, he even then tries to get off by calling you "15," and worse, accuse you of trying to force away people's religious belief.

YOU'RE JUST EXERCISING FREE SPEECH IN WHAT YOU BELIEVE (or, you know, don't believe).

And that, acording to David, automatically means you're forcing away a person's religious rights? So, lemme get this straight, if you present your own view on a subject you are taking away another's rights, am I understanding David right?

NO ATHEIST HERE would take away a religious person's RIGHT to be religious, nor have we ever said we would.

Yet David accused the Rational Repsonse squad of it, and with ZERO reasoning or evidence.

Why? Because he got his ass kicked when you annihilated his position. ALL the fool has is a non sequitor falsly acusing argument. Perhaps he wants to make himself feel better.

Unlike the R.R.S., David DOES meet the definition of idiot.

OOPS.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

hahah...ok..ok..my turn....

Cadamori wrote:
Hi guys!
First of all, of course i believe that human beings evolved from apes,

And so your ignorance of the subject is shown right at the beginning. hahaha... if you believe we evolved from apes you are wrong. I think I need no elaboration here.

Cadamori wrote:

Not believing in the theory of evolution would be as ludicrous as a priest not believing what the bible says, i do not however think you have the right to make people stop believing in a supreme being, that's a liberty people have and even though i choose NOT to be religious, i can still tolerate people who are religious.

You..my friend are naive. Apparently you are not aware of the social, and political movement spreading in this country by evanglists who are indeed trying to change this country to a theocratic-like state. Like the rest of Americans, blind and numb to the hegemonic ways of corporatism, you have no idea that you are a pawn being played by the PR agenda of the xtian right. Do you think xtian think tanks just sit around just looking at each other in the face? There is a concerted effort to force legislation based on biblical law? If you're cool with that, you might as well become a theist and believe in creationism. Join them and don't call yourself an atheist. It is YOU who give atheists a bad name. All in the name of PR. uh uh....I used to be like you..however, as soon as MY rights are violated by the xtian right, things changed, dramatically. I will not sit idly by and let the xtian right dictate the progression of this country.

Cadamori wrote:

Secondly, you don't have to tell the importance of evolution in the medical field because i'm certain i know more about this topic than you would ever hope to know.

a first year med student knows absolutely nothing..hahahaha.... I am going to go out on a limb and say you are a first year med student right? or perhaps not, either way....not important..you do come across as arrogant without much to say...

Cadamori wrote:

Third, Medicine isn't all about evolution. If you actually knew what you were talking about you know that Medicine has it roots in preventive medicine. Ancient philosophers and practicioners like Galen and Hippocrates believed that illness could be prevented and didn't focus so much on actually treating people.

HAHAHA..and you have proved absolutley nothing, because if we still performed medicine the way things were done in ancient times, we would never have arrived at the breakthroughs we have today. Medicine "EVOLVED" with better understanding of biological mechanisms..come on man..that's all you got? I can't believe you actually said this as a medical student. As I said, ...first year med student... you think you know the world...you pick up chicks at the clubs with that don't you?

Many medical breakthroughs have been made possible due to the central and unifying theme of evolution by natural selection. Understanding pathogenic mechanisms of microbes, ligand-host protein interactions, THE FLU and mutations, the bod's immune responses...cancer....all deal with evolutionary mechanisms. Adaptations...understanding the idea of how hosts/pathogens work my friend. Evolutionary adaptations..simple principles of ecology really.

Cadamori wrote:

Fourth, Moralit doesn't come from religion. Morality comes from a set of values that you acquire in your lifetime, Morality is a different entire topic that has nothing to do with Religion or Science.

This may be true, however....morality is the card religious people play all the time...but I haven't heard teh audio segment to your response yet..so I'll leave it at that.

Cadamori wrote:
Fifth, good luck changing the world with your little radio show.

at least its much much more than what your apathy is doing.

Cadamori wrote:
Sixth, I'm not a creationist. Stop trying to label me as one.

You might as well be one....

Sincerely Yours.

David M.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

oh and, how did you possibly go from a community college with an associate's degree to med school.. it's no wonder why you don't understand scientific principles, and what medical school did YOU get into? the college of medicine for idiots?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

LeftofLarry wrote:
oh and, how did you possibly go from a community college with an associate's degree to med school.. it's no wonder why you don't understand scientific principles, and what medical school did YOU get into? the college of medicine for idiots?

I lived in the states from 2000-2005 I attended Community college for 2 years and got my A.A. on Photography, then i moved back to Mexico (Read my profile, it clearly states i am currently living in Mexico) and did a year of PreMed Studies.

Medical School here is a bit different; No prior degree is required, You attend school for 10 semesters, then do a one year internship at a local hospital and then one year of community service at a local clinic.

EDIT: I will be responding to your comments as soon as i get a chance to.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:

EDIT: I will be responding to your comments as soon as i get a chance to.

Looking forward to it.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

LeftofLarry wrote:
Cadamori wrote:

EDIT: I will be responding to your comments as soon as i get a chance to.

Looking forward to it.

You and me both.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

I echo those sentiments. I need a laugh.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

An Associate in photography and then ONE FUCKING YEAR of pre-med lets you go to med school?!?!?? I find that hard to believe! If that is so, remind me to never get sick or injured in med school, unless they just expect lots of students to flunk out of med school! :roll:

I agree, I can't wait. Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Cadamori wrote:
LeftofLarry wrote:
oh and, how did you possibly go from a community college with an associate's degree to med school.. it's no wonder why you don't understand scientific principles, and what medical school did YOU get into? the college of medicine for idiots?

I lived in the states from 2000-2005 I attended Community college for 2 years and got my A.A. on Photography,

That and a dollar will get you a jelly donut.

Quote:

then i moved back to Mexico (Read my profile, it clearly states i am currently living in Mexico) and did a year of PreMed Studies.

Medical School here is a bit different; No prior degree is required,

No degree required? None? Must be an impressive institution. And in Mexico no less.....

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


Nick
Posts: 187
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

I wonder if he'll ever come back. :roll:


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Nick_Poling wrote:
I wonder if he'll ever come back. :roll:

Who... Jesus... or the idiot living in a single paned glass house throwing stones?

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Cadamori
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-06-25
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

todangst wrote:
Cadamori wrote:
LeftofLarry wrote:
oh and, how did you possibly go from a community college with an associate's degree to med school.. it's no wonder why you don't understand scientific principles, and what medical school did YOU get into? the college of medicine for idiots?

I lived in the states from 2000-2005 I attended Community college for 2 years and got my A.A. on Photography,

That and a dollar will get you a jelly donut.

Quote:

then i moved back to Mexico (Read my profile, it clearly states i am currently living in Mexico) and did a year of PreMed Studies.

Medical School here is a bit different; No prior degree is required,

No degree required? None? Must be an impressive institution. And in Mexico no less.....

Can we keep the "lol mexican school" comments off this thread? i don't see how they're relevant to the discussion.

I already told you it's 8 years of education, i don't see the difference here.


GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
Posts: 152
Joined: 2006-06-21
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

I think it's being brought up because, as far as I can tell from people's reactions, you came off like you had years of medical schooling under your belt already and that that gave you some sort of insight into medicine and biology.

Just to put the last nail in this coffin for either side, what year Med School are you? Not that I think that gives any insight at all into Evolution, at least not enough to claim intellectual "high ground" (that stance is one attained through the methods of debate, knowledge of the topic and what-not), but if might make people less incredulous if you were in your 5th year of Med School as opposed to first year with prior photography schooling. It does seem like you tossed the "Med Student" thing in for credibility, so of course people are going to address it.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic or anything in this post. But I do think you've been unable to address the points several members have made against your claim. I'd like the discussion to move from the "lolz mexican med skoolz!!1!" to you addressing the points made against you. Which is why I want that final nail nailed into the coffin on the schooling thing (so what your are you?) so we can move on.

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

GrimJesta wrote:
I think it's being brought up because, as far as I can tell from people's reactions, you came off like you had years of medical schooling under your belt already and that that gave you some sort of insight into medicine and biology.

Well as he stated absolutely with no evidence, he knows more about this then we will ever even care to know. :roll:

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
Posts: 152
Joined: 2006-06-21
User is offlineOffline
AUDIO RESPONSE an atheist med student. We're idiots?

Sapient wrote:

Well as he stated absolutely with no evidence, he knows more about this then we will ever even care to know. :roll:

Well, that was my next topic to tackle once we got the "LOLZ MEXIKAN MEDIKAL SKOOLZ!!1!twelve!" thing out of the way. I'm getting there, I'm getting there...

Laughing out loud

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.