Grammar Nazi gets pwned.

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Grammar Nazi gets pwned.

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Dec 8 2006 1:31 PM

Your page and blogs are 'riddled' with grammatical errors (not to mention all the other sorts of errors).
Are you really so narrow as you potray yourself?
(That's not to be answered back, just pondered on in that head of yours.)

Merry CHRISTmas Smiling

Dear Grammar Nazi,

The word is "portray."

Thanks,

The dumbass who is smarter than you

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:(That's not to be

Quote:

This sentence should read (If I am correct):
This is not to be answered (the "Back" is supperflous, but then considering who you are, this is not surprising). I was just pondering (No "on" needed) what is inside that head of yours.

Quote:
Merry CHRISTmas

Merry Christian assimilated pagan holiday!

I wait for these extra-grammatical errors.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Dec 8 2006 1:31 PM

Your page and blogs are 'riddled' with grammatical errors (not to mention all the other sorts of errors).
Are you really so narrow as you potray yourself?

Merry CHRISTmas Smiling

Dear Grammar Nazi,

The word is "portray."

Thanks,

The dumbass who is smarter than you

Awesome!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I also notice it should be

I also notice it should be "are you really as narrow MINDED as you portray yourself." (unless he thinks we are all showing ourselves as thin.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I'd love to be able to show

I'd love to be able to show myself as thin

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote:Merry Christian

Ophios wrote:

That's "Christian-assimilated." Eye-wink

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Technically this is not a

Technically this is not a sentence: The word is "portray."

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:Ophios

natural wrote:
Ophios wrote:

That's "Christian-assimilated." Eye-wink

- = fancy
me =/= fancy
tee hee.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios

Ophios wrote:
Quote:
This sentence should read (If I am correct): This is not to be answered (the "Back" is supperflous, but then considering who you are, this is not surprising). I was just pondering (No "on" needed) what is inside that head of yours.
Quote:
Merry CHRISTmas
Merry Christian assimilated pagan holiday! I wait for these extra-grammatical errors.
I think he wants us to ponder it.

Not that he's making any really significant point for us to ponder. 

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

Quote:
----------------- Original Message ----------------- From: ~S~ Date: Dec 8 2006 1:31 PM Your page and blogs are 'riddled' with grammatical errors (not to mention all the other sorts of errors). Are you really so narrow as you potray yourself? (That's not to be answered back, just pondered on in that head of yours.) Merry CHRISTmas Smiling
Dear Grammar Nazi, The word is "portray." Thanks, The dumbass who is smarter than you

Spelling and intellegence are not linked... 

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls, conform or be cast out" ~ Rush, from Subdivisions

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: This sentence

Ophios wrote:
This sentence should read (If I am correct):
This is not to be answered (the "Back" is supperflous, but then considering who you are, this is not surprising). I was just pondering (No "on" needed) what is inside that head of yours.

Well, you are not correct.  Your way is no better than his way.  We are not on this site writing formal papers that must conform with arbitrary academic principles of language use.  Many things that seem ungrammatical in the north, for example, are grammatical in African American English.  For example, take the word "be."  In African American English, there are two ways of expressing instances of something.  If some speaker of AAE said "john is late" this is different than if that speaker said "john be late."  The former simply means that John is late this one instance.  The latter, means that John is cronically late.

You knew what he ment, so lets not try and act like juviniels pointing out percieved grammatical errors.   

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls, conform or be cast out" ~ Rush, from Subdivisions

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: I also

MattShizzle wrote:
I also notice it should be "are you really as narrow MINDED as you portray yourself." (unless he thinks we are all showing ourselves as thin.)

But he doesn't think that, and you know that.  So why are you pointing this out? 

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Technically

Sapient wrote:
Technically this is not a sentence: The word is "portray."

Technically speaking, yes it is.  A sentence consists of three things:  A subject, a verb, and an object.  This is basic syntax theory.  So, the subject is "the word," for thats what the sentence is about.  The very "is" acts as the verb, showing a relation, and "portray" is the object.

I encourage everyone posting in this thread to go study linguistics before posting further. 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Chaoslord2004 wrote: You

Chaoslord2004 wrote:

You knew what he ment, so lets not try and act like juviniels pointing out percieved grammatical errors.   

The point Chaos, which I'm surprised you seem to be missing was that pointing out the original grammar flaws was not a wise engagement of argumentation if one is susceptible to the same type of mistakes.

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:
Chaoslord2004 wrote:

The point Chaos, which I'm surprised you seem to be missing was that pointing out the original grammar flaws was not a wise engagement of argumentation if one is susceptible to the same type of mistakes.

alright...

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
I just realized you

I just realized you commented on my dumbass statement.  I just wanted to offer clarity that the original title of the email was something like "You're a dumbass."

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Everyone on this forum knows

Everyone on this forum knows that the "Grammar and Spelling Nazi" is ME!
Or is that "grammer and  speling natzi"?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I just

Sapient wrote:
I just realized you commented on my dumbass statement. I just wanted to offer clarity that the original title of the email was something like "You're a dumbass."

Ok.  Your point?  (Sorry for giving you a hard time, man).

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Re: above post  Based on

Re: above post 

Based on this.... 

Chaoslord2004 wrote:

Quote:
----------------- Original Message ----------------- From: ~S~ Date: Dec 8 2006 1:31 PM Your page and blogs are 'riddled' with grammatical errors (not to mention all the other sorts of errors). Are you really so narrow as you potray yourself? (That's not to be answered back, just pondered on in that head of yours.) Merry CHRISTmas Smiling
Dear Grammar Nazi, The word is "portray." Thanks, The dumbass who is smarter than you

Spelling and intellegence are not linked...

I thought maybe you thought I was implying that spelling and intelligence were linked. Instead I was attacking the title of the email in which he called me a dumbass, I was being a sarcastic wiseass.  I realized my wiseassery had no context to discern what I was up to, so I added the clarifying statement.

Rayven_Alandria
Rayven_Alandria's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, this isn't really

Well, this isn't really important, but it popped into my head...so why not express it out loud?

If I were a Christian and believed in Jebus, I would probably not insult other people's grammar...because I would assume Jeebus was illiterate. (Seeing as how he never wrote a damned thing himself)...Funny, you'd think Gawd Fairy would have his Earthly incarnate educated so he could write his own damned bible, huh?

Apostate
Apostate's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I just

Sapient wrote:
I just realized you commented on my dumbass statement. I just wanted to offer clarity that the original title of the email was something like "You're a dumbass."

That's an admirable example of the use of a predicate nominative construction, Brian. (And that was an excellent example of my usage of the vocative case in English.)

I am the Grammar Fascist "Il Duce!," I signed an alliance with the Grammar Nazi.