Some dumbasses simply live in bizarro world

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Some dumbasses simply live in bizarro world

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Conte Einzeln von Verme
Date: Dec 3 2006 4:28 PM

how you think all christians are out to kill people.

We don't think that.

Quote:
christianity is a damn spirituality, not a fucking religion.

Right, that's why it's constantly referred to as a religion. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

First sentence "Christianity is a monotheistic[1] religion"

Quote:

It appears atheism is a religion already too, concerning it says" We're right your wrong, theres no God, if you believe so, you are subhuman and stupid."

When you quote something it denotes that someone actually said it. I challenge you to find one place in the world where any intellectual atheist has actually said this. I did a google search and it comes up nowhere. You are living in opposite world. It's not hard to see how such poor thinking skills and assumptive logic based on no evidence can also lead you to believe that there is an invisible man in the sky who came down to Earth to sacrifice himself to himself so that others could escape the wrah of himself.

Quote:
Fuck you you hypocrites.

There's that spirituality you were referring to. So go ahead, prove we're hypocrites, since you can't seem to do much else. Do it. Go ahead, make my day.

Quote:
PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN DAMN BELIEF. BE IT BUDDHIST, HINDU, MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN, ATHEIST, AGNOSTIC.

Duh. Thanks Captain Obvious. Those beliefs also include the entitlement to think religious people have delusional beliefs.

Quote:
WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THEY'RE WRONG.

No more or less than you. And clearly you had the ability to write me and tell me I'm wrong. So the question remains... Who are you to say I'm wrong? (notice the question mark).

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Holy shit. LOL!!! Though

Holy shit. LOL!!! Though this sort of letter does prove at least some Christians are stupid (if not subhuman.) wtf

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
Posts: 473
Joined: 2006-03-15
User is offlineOffline
Actually, the reason I don't

Actually, the reason I don't attend church is mostly because I fear for my life. I mean, they keep threatening that I'm going to Hell, so why wouldn't they simply hasten the journey?

If people like this letter-writer were as honest about their hatred of atheists in real life, they might end up killing a few of us now and then.

I'm kidding, mostly.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
You got to love that

You got to love that logic.

Every can believe what they want, except you.
You have no right to question, but I do.

Then that "Atheism is a religion because it teaches..."

Shut up, and learn something you dolt.
You wouldn't've people laughing at you, if you would just spend a little time studying.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote:You got to love

Ophios wrote:
You got to love that logic.

Every can believe what they want, except you.
You have no right to question, but I do.

Well, for many people the right to hold to a belief only means a right to hold to whatever they believe....it's a struggle we all have to overcome at some point...

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
HE

HE RESPONDED:

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Conte Einzeln von Verme
Date: Dec 3 2006 5:08 PM

Sorry, something ocurred, and it made me angry, and i couldn't think properly.

1. I'm good you don't think all christians are insane neo-conservatives.

2. Did you also find on wikipedia called, spiritual christianity? Christianity was never meant to be a religion, I'm a christian myself, if you read and study the Bible, christianity is against religion. Though the neo-conservatives will never want you to know this. C(christianity is too long of a word to say over and over) is against the Church, its pro-fellowship which doesn't mean some guy who tells you, "God wants you to give me money". C is supposed to be pacifist, individualist, and open-minded to all sorts of beliefs, we're not supposed to say, "your wrong, we're right", we're supposed to leave people to their own lifes, but if they wish to know of Christ we tell them, we do not force.
I personally believe the spirituality of C is anarchistic. Some believe communist, others capitalist, its whatever one makes it.

3. The reason why i said athiests tend to say that, is because occasionally when i have spoken to an athiest, im not quick to judge them at all, but they all of a sudden say im ignorant, stupid, evil, wrong, this that and the other. So i realized i stereotyped a bit, and i apoligize. I even have good friends that are atheists, but we just don't discuss my beliefs nor theirs.

4. As i said before something occurred, so i kinda harrassed everyone, i apoligize.

5. But considering they're delusional though, just makes it seem like some believe they are higher and better than some, all because they either do or don't believe in a god or gods or whatever.

Did i say atheism is wrong? No.
How atheists approach it though, confuses many.

I apoligize if i offended you in any way shape or form.

I don't have time to respond now.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13827
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Holy shit.

MattShizzle wrote:
Holy shit. LOL!!! Though this sort of letter does prove at least some Christians are stupid (if not subhuman.) :wtf:

I warn against saying "Christians are subhuman" for the same reason we dont want theists calling us subhuman.

I'd rather you just stick to calling this individual a nut.

There are pleanty of Christians I consider friend and loved one so I refrain from making blanket statements demonizing someone.

I do think they are wrong for clinging to mythology and wrong for all the division they dont face. But we cant fight what we say we hate by acting like what we hate.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Lirpa074
Lirpa074's picture
Posts: 1
Joined: 2006-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Thank you

Thank You Brian, This is one of the first "rational" responses Ive seen here. I was beginning to wonder if I should be checking for swastikas or the like... lol!!

Have a great day!!! and thank you again


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
"Did I say atheism was

"Did I say atheism was wrong? No!"

Exacty, in your own words, asshole, you said:

Quote:
It appears atheism is a religion already too, concerning it says" We're right your wrong, theres no God, if you believe so, you are subhuman and stupid."

And then you went on to accuse us of making snap judgements of Christians. Then, after you were called out, you attempted to save face and reconcile. Praise Christ.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Insidium Profundis
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-10-04
User is offlineOffline
I'm right, he's wrong, there

I'm right, you're wrong, there is almost certainly no god, and you is an adherent of slave morality - basically an underman - for being Christian. There, I said it. Smiling

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.


shayne26
shayne26's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2006-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:HE

Sapient wrote:
HE RESPONDED:

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Conte Einzeln von Verme
Date: Dec 3 2006 5:08 PM

2. Did you also find on wikipedia called, spiritual christianity? Christianity was never meant to be a religion, I'm a christian myself, if you read and study the Bible, christianity is against religion.

You are right, Christianity was never meant to be a religion. Jesus was a Jew, He kept the law. He may have been on the fringe when it came to interpreting scripture but he was clear that the law was important. However St. Paul "the fuckstick" managed to turn the religion of Jesus into a religion about Jesus. The whole thing is a farce.