A blog that was sent to our members from CASMIR-LUCRAN on God

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
A blog that was sent to our members from CASMIR-LUCRAN on God

A BULLETIN WE SENT OUT ON MYSPACE:

CASMIR-LUCRAN recently sent a blog to us, and at least 10 of our closest friends that we are aware of. Many of our friends simply deleted it, however it dawned on us, that maybe the blog needed a rational response. With that said, here is our email exchange with CASMIR LUCRAN, in chronological order starting at his first message.

---------------------------------

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 4, 2006 2:56 PM

Man has the great ideas, Woman has the practical abilites to make the ideas a reality with the Man's creative help. GOD is the person who created and became all things, and hid his perfection from us until we can honor it and learn to appreciate it for all its worth, with his help.

We as humans do not have full use of our brain because we have not freed ourselves into GOD's hands to allow him to shape and mold us into what we and he desires us to be, we just have to trust him.

With every day of experience we either free ourselves into the unknown and grow more, or we trap ourselves in our own limited understanding and restrict growth. Restricting growth causes friction, wear and tear, stress, erosion, and finaly, death.

This is not why we were created, this is not why we are alive. All things work together for good. Everything teaches a lesson, and if a harsh lesson is learned, confess and share the pain of that lesson so others will see and be empowered to make a better choice.

Each one, teach one (SF), assist your brothers and sisters, love one another and do not judge. Be patient and allow time for growth as you encourage others around you. Uplift and speak life to all, and there will be no need for harsh correction.......

------------------------------

Date: Sep 4, 2006 11:59 AM

Sounds uplifiting and inspiring, but it was hard to get past the fact that there is no evidence for "God."

You should just remove god from it, and leave the inspirational message for ultimate impact. You could've said "Purple Unicorn" in place of "God" each time, and it would've been as accurate.

All the best,

Sapient

------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sep 4, 2006 3:18 PM

All that exists is the evidence of GOD! There would be nothing without the consciousness that we all began with that caused life to emerge and flourish. That is what I consider to be GOD, sadly not a purple unicorn.

--------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sep 4, 2006 12:43 PM

But you see the problem is there is just as much evidence for both concepts. God and pink unicorn have equal evidence for them.

Your argument is what philosophers refer to as an argument from ignorance. (no offense in using that word, that's what the argument is called)

Here... look it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

---------------------------------------------------------------

This last email is his response and my comments in bold again.

Date: Sep 4, 2006 4:05 PM

So where is you evidence that we can become "zonman" or whatever you call it, and if it can be done, why havent you and all of your religion achieved that state of being? And yes, the way atheists work is a religion (confined). Its all trivial right?

Atheism isn't a religion, and I have no clue what you're talking about "zonman."

Spare me all the trivial details that dont matter and come at me on the bulk of the point. Look at what I wrote as a metaphor, where GOD would be "things that work in the universe that we cannot control or prove". Wheres your evidence for the unknown?

I thought the bulk of the point was to be good to one another, uplift others, teach people, and work together. It was the first thing I commented on... I like that message. However the method that you are currently coming at me shows that you don't actually embrace that message, or maybe you're just a hypocrite.

Thats the problem with humans you see, you want evidence of things you cannot prove, but will be revealed to you at the appointed time when we all reach a level of consciousness that shows us how ALL things work together for good.

You're asking for evidence for things(above), yet you have no evidence that there is a world of things that will be revealed to us a later time. You're simply speculating, and worse claiming it as fact... making you a liar.

The bad occurrances during the formation of the universe only gave strength, knowledge and more fuel for the fire to burn. So 'if' the belief in GOD is wrong, let it be a strength and a learning tool, but dont cause division between yourself and something that has given you your whole purpose for standing for what you stand for.

I suppose, and would hope that if you had a close friend who believed that a Purple Unicorn lived on the money and was responsible for the formation of the Universe you might help show your friend that there isn't enough proof to hold that claim as true. Well, that's what we do. We would be behind you on your uplifiting message of unity, however convincing ourselves to believe in a fairy tale isn't unity, it's IRRATIONALITY.

Oh, and PLEASE never try to define me or my statements with your primitive text again.

Well I guess I blundered there, because in this response I pointed out your propensity to lie to yourself and others, and what appears to be hypocrisy between your message and your actual actions. Furthermore, what are you talking about "primitive text." Usage of your "argument from ignorance" is not primitive, it's used very often in modern day philosophy. If you believe text is primitive, and are against it, you should stop using text to convey your views.

I am on a level far beyond your comprehension

It's this type of egotistical "holier than thou" attitude that proves you to be a hypocrite. What were you saying about?:

"Each one, teach one (SF), assist your brothers and sisters, love one another and do not judge. Be patient and allow time for growth as you encourage others around you. Uplift and speak life to all, and there will be no need for harsh correction......."

I'm sorry I couldn't hear your uplifting message, I was too busy trying to get over your arrogance and egotistical self righteous attitude that flies in the face of your message (that you don't embrace).

Send your best, and I will show them a truth that will humble, empower, and scare them at the same time.......

Well you didn't scare me, but maybe it's because I'm not the best. This is likely my last response to you, as I forsee your denial is forthcoming, and there will be little to no need for me to respond to it.

In Rationality,

Brian Sapient
on behalf of the Rational Response Squad.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What stupidity....

What stupidity....

reason_passion
Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
definition

from discussion: All that exists is the evidence of GOD! There would be nothing without the consciousness that we all began with that caused life to emerge and flourish. That is what I consider to be GOD...

I'm not sure if it was assumed or mentioned in previous discussion that this woman is a christian, but at no point in the dialogue is that mentioned and that's the problem. The woman is clearly not a christian, at least and have the term have any historical meaning, because her responses are completely new-age/wiccan. The above quote from her has god being equated with consciousness, which is the only time in which she starts to get somewhere beyond hopeless meandering.

the power of the philosophical position of atheism in its negative variety, is that we don't have to argue FOR anything. The believer uses the term "god." It is incumbent upon that person to prove such a term points to something existent and it is those arguments that can be dismantled. Most other argumentation is largely superfluous, though it can be pretty fun Smiling

Every one of your relationships to man and to nature must be a definite expression of your real, individual life corresponding to the object of your will. -Erich Fromm

athos
athos's picture
User is offlineOffline
this guy is just plain

this guy is just plain insane, not that I didnt already know that.

Quote:
We as humans do not have full use of our brain because we have not freed ourselves into GOD's hands to allow him to shape and mold us into what we and he desires us to be, we just have to trust the reason we exist and stop "trying" to do it ourselves through our own limited knowledge.

Exactly what I have been telling these idiots, we have to liberate ourselves and submit to the will of god! We must become like Moses and free our people (minds) from Pharoh (logic) and become slaves to god (the purple unicorn)!

Quote:
Its the most pure expressions of truth through music and writings. Its a positive blend of harsh truth with alternative perspective for a better state of existence. CASMIR aka Derald A Gaines II, one of Los Angeles's elite has grown and shared his influences with people all over the world from Ireland to China, Japan, Paris, London and Germany. His music is inspiring, uplifting and at the same time so truthful and honest that it can be frightening for many. CASMIR's concern for the world is a sign of his dedication to his spiritual beliefs that there is a GOD, and that we were all created with a sophisticated design to serve individual purposes that work together for the whole of existence.

and he expresses his concern through songs like "Gangsta Green", "True Seduction, and "Ecstacy". he show his belief in God by "doing gangsta things in his gangsta greens"...ok....

Quote:
1. A member of an organized group of criminals; a racketeer.
2. A member of a gang of delinquents.

because God loves criminals and delinquents. Eye-wink

God is as qualified to preach morality as Charles Manson, Hell, he could give Hitler a run for his money!

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had commented on his blog,

I had commented on his blog, but then, it mysteriously got deleted. I asked him why? and he said he never got it and to reply again. So I will... Smiling

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote:I had

LeftofLarry wrote:
I had commented on his blog, but then, it mysteriously got deleted. I asked him why? and he said he never got it and to reply again. So I will... Smiling

Did you see me pwn him on the timestamp issue on his blog?

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
hahah, yeah.. another

hahah, yeah.. another xtian..man...another xtian.

athos
athos's picture
User is offlineOffline
I tried to read his

I tried to read his responses, but they only made me more and more confused. Sad

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I started laughing at

I started laughing at "zonman"