Sarcasm galore from a non-brainwashed Christian

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Sarcasm galore from a non-brainwashed Christian

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Dan
Date: Aug 24, 2006 11:13 PM

you guys are right i should come to my senses. why should i believe in a religion that tells you to be kind to others?

Because it also tells you to be unkind to others.

Quote:
why shouldn't i have sex before i'm married?

I don't know, I can't come up with a reason.

Quote:
why should i believe in religion, even though that's why people came to america from england, to be able to worship freely.

And they can do that here, I can lack belief just as much as you can have belief in whatever imaginary being you want.

Quote:
i like how you guys have USA on your badge.

Cool, it fits, considering we're American.

Quote:
you really do unite america by trying to tear others down and brainwashing people who don't know any better.

We don't claim to be uniting America. We lift people out of the brainwashing, we don't brainwash ourselves. If you think we're the brainwashers, it's likely because you're brainwashed.

Quote:
i was never forced to believe in God, it was my choice.

Even if you were forced, it still woulda been your choice to accept the force. Most people "choose," your point is somewhat moot.

Quote:
i was given the option. the basis you have is that other people who believe in God are terrible people.

We never said all believers are terrible.

Quote:
Christians believe that we should be kind to others who don't share our beliefs and treat them as equals.

Maybe they should actually act like it then. Actions speak louder than words, and their actions are shouting "Fuck you non-Christians."

Quote:
i have a question. does it make you feel any better when you turn one more person away from religion?

YES.

Quote:
do you feel like you are doing them justice?

YES.

Quote:
one day your day will come where you have to stand before God and answer to the things you have done.

I'm starting to get used to how this email ends. I must get ten emails a day that end just like this. My new standard response would be: "And maybe that day will never come. Maybe there is no god, and you will have wasted your only life away on a lie. You'll have spent a chunk of your lifes income supporting a system that will brainwash more people into believing a lie, and you will have lied to your children."

Quote:
the only thing i can do is pray for you.

And I shall be thinking for you, and hoping that you can break free of your mind disorder. There is no evidence my friend, no proof, your belief is no different than belief in invisible pink unicorns.


Nick
Posts: 187
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
Another ignorant fool. They

Another ignorant fool. They don't even fucking LOOK at the website or anything. They have no idea what we're about, or what we assert. They're just filled with blind faith (stupidity) and hate. Every one of these just further proves why we should keep up the fight.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."


spentley
Posts: 64
Joined: 2006-06-29
User is offlineOffline
sapient, you actually get

sapient, you actually get 10+ e-mails a day from people like this?

That almost took my breath away. Astonishing, wow.

This must get sickening at times. Don't stop though dude.. your effect and reaction will only get stronger with time.

Thanks to you guys.. and resources I've found here.. I now know (personally)... 8 atheists from where I am from. Smiling

God is the omnimax creator by definition of major religions. If there is evidence that the religion is incorrect about the nature of reality, then there is evidence that the God the religion defines does not exist.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: You'll have

Sapient wrote:

You'll have spent a chunk of your lifes income supporting a system that will brainwash more people into believing a lie, and you will have lied to your children."

not to mention: that income you give goes to supporting war and ethnic cleansing as well as making parishes richer and richer. Look at those "megachurches" do you realize the money that goes into making those? The people that give to those churches are only giving money to making someone RICH. I don't feel sorry for idiots like that....they are so easily led...they're fucking lemmings, with the same end result.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Nick
Posts: 187
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
I feel very, very sorry for

I feel very, very sorry for people like that, LeftofLarry. All Christians are the same... suckered in. That's why we're here, we want to help. So we can stop them from being ignorant idiots.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."


GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
Posts: 173
Joined: 2006-08-09
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote:Sapient

LeftofLarry wrote:
Sapient wrote:

You'll have spent a chunk of your lifes income supporting a system that will brainwash more people into believing a lie, and you will have lied to your children."

not to mention: that income you give goes to supporting war and ethnic cleansing as well as making parishes richer and richer. Look at those "megachurches" do you realize the money that goes into making those? The people that give to those churches are only giving money to making someone RICH. I don't feel sorry for idiots like that....they are so easily led...they're fucking lemmings, with the same end result.

Did you know that some of those Megachurches have to shut down when attendence is down? When they don't have enough people coming to church and giving offering, they can't keep up with exspenses.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
If they shut one down they

If they shut one down they can turn it to something more useful like a school or library. Or a bar or whorehouse.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Or a bar

MattShizzle wrote:
Or a bar or whorehouse.

What's the difference? As a Church, everyone is still getting fucked! Eye-wink

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
It's in a good way in the

It's in a good way in the bar or whorehouse! Laughing out loud


GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
Posts: 173
Joined: 2006-08-09
User is offlineOffline
How about we turn them into

How about we turn them into huge abortion clinics or stem cell research labs? Eye-wink


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
That would be a good idea.

That would be a good idea. Piss them off pretty bad!


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
I support divestment. check

Elegy
Elegy's picture
Posts: 65
Joined: 2006-08-01
User is offlineOffline
" i have a question. does

" i have a question. does it make you feel any better when you turn one more person away from religion?

YES.

Quote:

do you feel like you are doing them justice?

YES."

HAHAHAAAA..

I'm beginning to think that all Christians act the same..

"you'll go to hell, but i'm nice so i'll pray for you"

We're being nice to them, damnit Barf!