Just someone asking for a tip on how to convert people...

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Just someone asking for a tip on how to convert people...

I'm really short on time....

Quote:

a) how in the world does someone manage to lie to themselves about something like religion... i heard about some psychological disorder that people are able to lie themselves into a false reality. i thought it was stockholm syndrome but it isnt...

I refer to theism itself as the disorder. I'm not sure the name of it, but we do have psychologists that post on our board if you want to come on and get involved. rationalresponders.com/forums

Quote:

b) you guys have experience debating. in what ways do people say that they have concrete evidence of gods existence? they 'feel' him?

They "feel him" or just "know." There's obviously never any good proof, but they tend to be very certain (hence the mind virus known as theism)

Quote:

c)what do you think you would ifnd if you opened the vatican archives? Smiling

lol... I think I'd find evidence of them conspiring to create a man named Jesus Christ to monopolize power and profit over mankind. But that's just a wild guess.

Quote:

d) is there some sort of super duper god disproving article/essay or whatever otu there. like the god of essays disproving god.

No, there isn't. What there are, is hundreds of thousands of easy disproofs of god, that can concretely show how theism is irrational. The problem isn't proving it, proving it is easy... the problem is getting a theist to accept what you're saying. And in that sense you need knowledge... lots of it. You need to be able to fire example after example at them, each example proving how their god can't exist or is irrational to believe in it, each example chipping away slowly at their belief. Come on our message boards, participate in debate, we need the help. Get your points in, but read others, and slowly you'll pick up all the arguments against god.

All the best,

Sapient

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
This one doesn't seem like a

This one doesn't seem like a straight bad guy... perhaps some good debating and off with theism.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Rigor_OMortis wrote:This one

Rigor_OMortis wrote:
This one doesn't seem like a straight bad guy... perhaps some good debating and off with theism.

Ahh Rigor, maybe because this was posted in mailbag you got confused. I believe the original emailer is already an atheist. We post interesting mailbag responses whether to an atheist or to a theist in public because we only have so much time to post and want everyone to benefit in reading our views. We consistently ask for people to come on our board and discuss issues with us here rather than email, yet we get over 50 pieces of mail a day between us.