LOL!!!!! That was great!

ROTFLOL!!!!! That was great!

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL.That was indeed funny,

LOL.

That was indeed funny, but a tip for parents: if your brat ever does start doing something like that, don't get angry, don't raise your voice, don't yell, don't bargain, don't explain, JUST START WALKING AWAY.

I'm DEAD serious on that. I have no children myself, but I vividly remember my mother doing that to me and I've done it to my nieces and nephews. It sends the message, in no uncertain terms, that such behavior won't get them what they want and let's them know who is in charge. I gaurantee you, they will quit crying, and follow you.

I'm not saying abandon the kid, or leave them unattended, I'm saying walk away and put it into the child's head how little what they are doing matters.

It works. Though, if your kid was anything like me, you'll start getting arguments as to why they deserve that game or candy. It's still much prefferable to temper tantrums.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Biodroid
Biodroid's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually with my youngest

Actually with my youngest (she's autistic) I pick her up and carry her under my arm like a piece of wood and let her scream. Usually she starts giggling after we get a few feet because for some reason she finds this amusing and forgets that she's upset.