Tattoo

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tattoo

This summer I'm headed up to Canada to get a couple tattoos and I want to get one having to do with the whole Athiem thing.

I don't have many ideas tho... I was thinking a good quote/funny phrase with a picture or something. Maybe Muhammed or something lol.

Any suggestions? All are welcome.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What about the Invisible

What about the Invisible Pink Unicorn or Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Or how about Jesus fucking Mohammed up the ass? (not sure you could find many artists who would do it!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haha yeah I'd have trouble

Haha yeah I'd have trouble finding someone to do that but it could work out. And I've never heard of the Invisible Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster lol.

And I was thinking something more subtle kinda. Something with more depth I guess. Even though those are funny as hell.

Hold on, what hell? lol

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Read all about the FSM and

Read all about the FSM and his Noodly Appendage here:

http://www.venganza.org/

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
How about an upside down

How about an upside down cross?

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Yeah everyone in Black Sabbath would do that. I like the idea, but when most people see it they assume that you would worship the devil.....

I think I'll incorporate it into something tho. I like it.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What about a cross (maybe

What about a cross (maybe along with other religious symbols) with the red circle and slash over?

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah that sounds pretty

Yeah that sounds pretty sweet. I was also thinking of kind of like a photo collage of Jesus, Muhammed w/ buckteeth , the FSM,  Shiva and an Invisible Pink Unicorn in UV ink (it only shows up under Black Light and nowhere else) all chillin' drinkin a couple beers.

Maybe with an intelligent quote about religion above it.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Mohammed drinking a beer

Mohammed drinking a beer might actually get a fatwah against you! LOL!!

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haha... OH NO. I better

Haha... OH NO. I better not. Somone might get upset.  Are they not allowed to drink alcohol?

And what about Hot Dogs? I could show Muhammed eating a Hot Dog at a cookout with the rest of em. I'm starting to like that one lol

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Personally, I want to get

Personally, I want to get "NO GODS" in old english letters right across my back shoulder blades.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I was thinking of getting a

I was thinking of getting a data matrix or some other code expressing the idea of a lack of belief.

The symboles we have for atheism vary and most of from an org or a nice fake religion.

some symboles

You could always put "I'm Hank" on your ass :P 

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should get a cross on

You should get a cross on the sole of your foot. That way, with every step you will be trampling christianity.

GreyhoundMama
GreyhoundMama's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just found the invisible

I just found the invisible pink unicorn for the first time today and really like it as a tat. It's graphic and very symbolic. The sort of secret sign of athiesm, just like the Christians used to use the secret fish symbol. And the symbolism is awesome and funny.

But I think it'd be even cooler to do the badge of RRS on your upper arm, right where a police officer's shield patch (whatever you call it) would sit on the sleeve of the uniform. Or over your heart where the badge would sit. I think it would lend itself quite well to a line drawing.

Good luck!!!

Oh. And if this is your first tat, don't believe the people who say it doesn't hurt. I have a large one on my calf and it hurt like the dickens to get it. Surprised

Karen and her hounds
creating art ~ creating a new life

GodlessLitany
User is offlineOffline
I don't have any tattoos

I don't have any tattoos myself yet but I plan to-one of the first being the original Star Trek insignia on my left chest. Hadn't really thought of anything to do with atheism until now, but I think I'd like something.

For me I think my first choice would be the atom symbol thing with the "A" in the middle that American Atheists use somewhere-just simple and black. I like that one.

Perhaps a straight vertical line of religious symbols with strikes through them on one of your limbs or something-such as a cross, star of David, either the Muslim moon symbol thing or Allah in Arabic, and perhaps a small picture of Shiva-etc.

GreyhoundMama, you gave me a good idea with the RRS badge. Someone, perhaps you crushingstep7, should get that and send in a picture. I might just do it eventually in the same spot on the opposite side from my Star Trek symbol.

And to elaborate the cross on the foot thing, you could get a picture of Jesus with his eyes bugging out and a little bubble saying "Help me!" next to his head on the sole of your foot. That would be humorous.

I like your idea about all the deities sitting around drinking beer and what not, perhaps the quote could be something along the lines of "This tattoo is as real as they'll ever be." or some such.

Humanity needs compassion and knowledge-an end to bigotry and undue ignorance. Religion stands in the way of these and my other ideals so strongly that I can't think of a stance apart from atheism that will allow me to feel like a decent human being.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just have one question.

I just have one question. Why are you coming here to get a tattoo? They not have parlours there or something? :S

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
How about the American

How about the American Atheist symbol?  I like it and use it as an avatar sometimes.

I have a tattoo.  It has meaning for me.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
In New York State you can't

In New York State you can't get a tattoo until you're 18 with or without parental permission. So I'm headed up to Canada with my mom.

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think I'm gonna go with

I think I'm gonna go with the Theist Barbeque idea for now and somehow put an Atheist symbol in there too....

But dude... Star Trek? Come on man you can do better than that. Your choice though lol.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
crushingstep7 wrote: In

crushingstep7 wrote:

In New York State you can't get a tattoo until you're 18 with or without parental permission. So I'm headed up to Canada with my mom.

Interesting. Well enjoy the trip. Sticking out tongue

GodlessLitany
User is offlineOffline
The Star Trek thing has

The Star Trek thing has nothing to do with my atheism-I just love Star Trek, and an insignia tatooed on my chest is a permanent symbol of my geekiness.

Humanity needs compassion and knowledge-an end to bigotry and undue ignorance. Religion stands in the way of these and my other ideals so strongly that I can't think of a stance apart from atheism that will allow me to feel like a decent human being.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodlessLitany wrote: The

GodlessLitany wrote:
The Star Trek thing has nothing to do with my atheism-I just love Star Trek, and an insignia tatooed on my chest is a permanent symbol of my geekiness.

Hey, geekiness is kewl.

http://tinyurl.com/3a9x3v <--click here for geeky conversation

I still haven't decided how to respond to Vastet. :D 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori

Iruka Naminori wrote:

GodlessLitany wrote:

Hey, geekiness is kewl.

http://tinyurl.com/3a9x3v <--click here for geeky conversation

I still haven't decided how to respond to Vastet. :D 

Mua ha ha.

ShadowOfMan
atheist
ShadowOfMan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm soooooooooooooo fucking

I'm soooooooooooooo fucking excited about my new tattoo.  I'll hopefully have it done in about a month.  A full back piece of the archeopeteryx fossil, right in the rock.  It will go good, I think, with my Assent of Man lower back piece.

I got a pic of that one at www.myspace.com/blackflagbill

A daughter of hope and fear, religion explains to Ignorance the nature of the unknowable. -Ambrose Bierce

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What about getting a tattoo

What about getting a tattoo on your butt of a butt with a butt shaped tattoo on it?

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haha yeah I know why you

Haha yeah I know why you would get a tattoo of that kinda thing..... I guess Star Trek just isn't my thing lol. And a tattoo of a butt on my butt with another butt on it might just be a painful adventure not quite worth it. lol Thanks for the idea tho :]

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Mua ha ha.

Vastet wrote:
Mua ha ha.

Hey, I have some good refutations.  I just need to find the time to write. Eye-wink 

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
A lot of my tattoos are

A lot of my tattoos are Natural History related ... instead of going the whole atheist angle, I decided to get Darwin quote.  So I have two Passenger Pigeons, one feeding the other, with a banner that says, "Forms most beautiful and most wonderful have evolved ..."  I'll post a picture when I get a chance ...

Also, I'm starting my Dinosaur back piece this spring!  I'm psyched.

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tattooing this would be

Tattooing this would be kind of funny:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
OMFSM that's amazing.... I

OMFSM that's amazing.... I honestly think I'm going to have to change my design plan. Or maybe just add that seperately somewhere else on my body.

Seriously dude, good stuff. And now I can bring that up whenever I see a Christian with a tat.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a tattoo idea for

I have a tattoo idea for you, but I'm hesitant to post it. It's funny is a sick and twisted way. It's also NSFW or NSFS. Here it is: [url=]Warning! Click at your own risk[/url] Mods if this is inappropriate, please remove it.

-edit- Sorry I got cold feet. If you want to see it PM me and I'll send you the link...

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord

Randalllord wrote:

Tattooing this would be kind of funny:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

That fucks up the Christian clowns then eh? D: 

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.