Watch out for Dylan

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watch out for Dylan

I have been having some trouble with this guy Dylan on my original post "Why to Theists care about Atheists?"  I just wanted to alert people to his difficulties in communicating. What I mean by this, is he writes things and makes arguements and later says that he meant something else after his arguements are taken to the woodshed. Either, he has trouble articulating himself or he is making crap up and using Freudian/theistic circular reasoning. No matter which one, he is extremely difficult to have a debate about. It has been like debating with a 3rd grader who keeps saying "I know you are but what am I?" when they can't argue anymore.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
How is this different from

How is this different from most (not all) of the theist who post here?

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am relatively new here, so

I am relatively new here, so maybe I just need to post more often.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
You should read some threads

You should read some threads started by Bodhitharta.

Laker-taker
Laker-taker's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote:

MrRage wrote:

I honestly don't know how you guys manage to generate such long threads responding to that guy, heh. I'm completely incapable of even  reading his posts, much less responding to them. Even atrocious spelling posters are easier to read than Bodhi's nebulous rhetoric.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Laker-taker wrote: MrRage

Laker-taker wrote:

MrRage wrote:

I honestly don't know how you guys manage to generate such long threads responding to that guy, heh. I'm completely incapable of reading his posts, much less responding to them. Even atrocious spelling posters are easier to read than Bodhi's nebulous rhetoric.

well, that's better then the "Let's quote this one responce then repond with a question."

I thought he said he was done here. I saw him post just recently. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Laker-taker wrote: MrRage

Laker-taker wrote:

MrRage wrote:

I honestly don't know how you guys manage to generate such long threads responding to that guy, heh. I'm completely incapable of even reading his posts, much less responding to them. Even atrocious spelling posters are easier to read than Bodhi's nebulous rhetoric.

Heh. Bod is the main reason I have over 500 posts.

Yes, Bod's hard to understand. I've given up responding to him though, because in one thread he couldn't even grasp what a light year was. I was trying to get to the root of his theism (it turned out to be religious experiences) and when I did he dodged my points about them. Now in his latest thread he's redefining God to mean almost nothing at all, but he still insist that we not be atheists.

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
This guy Dylan was

This guy Dylan was unbelievable. He couldn't grasp simple Psych 101 principles on biases.

He had significant difficulties with articulating himself. His final premise was (These are my words not his, because he couldn't put it together) that since he experiences what he believes in and I don't experience evolution that he has a better experience.

He instead just tells me that his is better because I have no experience. In other posts (Sporadically throughout the arguments) he tells me that I can't experience evolution and therefore have no experience.  Somehow he expected me to equate all of this to his final premise. He also expected me to not be pissed by statements such as "My experience is better than yours because you have none"

My initial response was "How do you know anything about my experience." Suprisingly, (I guess not so suprising) this confused him to no end.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tell him about a time you

Tell him about a time you survived a dangerous situation. That was evolution, and you experienced it.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
I think religious

I think religious experiences are the trump card for many theists. (I know God exists because he answered my prayers, or I saw Jesus in a vision, or I was "miraculously" saved, because I can feel him, etc.) Theist need to understand: experience != evidence.