Euthanasia: Animals but not Humans?

doctoro
doctoro's picture
User is offlineOffline
Euthanasia: Animals but not Humans?

Simply:  If it's moral to euthanize some animals in extreme pain when there is no "hope" how could it POSSIBLY be illegal for humans to voluntarily euthanize themselves for terminal conditions or extreme pain?  This seems ridiculously inconsistent.

I was just watching TV this morning, and some racehorce shattered his femur.  As a result, vets deemed that he would live the rest of his life in pain and that the most human thing to do was to kill him.

If vets can do this WITHOUT the consent of the animal, and simply reason that the animal would consent, how could a consenting human be denied such a right?

I suppose either it should be illegal to euthanize pets & other animals or it should be legal for humans to euthanize themselves. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Very good point. I still

Very good point. I still think the reason Christians only care about the lives of fetuses and the brain dead is because they are on the same intellectual level.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
doctoro wrote: Simply: If

doctoro wrote:

Simply: If it's moral to euthanize some animals in extreme pain when there is no "hope" how could it POSSIBLY be illegal for humans to voluntarily euthanize themselves for terminal conditions or extreme pain? This seems ridiculously inconsistent.

I was just watching TV this morning, and some racehorce shattered his femur. As a result, vets deemed that he would live the rest of his life in pain and that the most human thing to do was to kill him.

If vets can do this WITHOUT the consent of the animal, and simply reason that the animal would consent, how could a consenting human be denied such a right?

I suppose either it should be illegal to euthanize pets & other animals or it should be legal for humans to euthanize themselves.

The unfounded fear when it comes to technology or medicine is that the non-believer will take a Hitler goverment dictitoral approach to life.

BULLSHIT!

DNR or "Do not recusitate" orders are signed by a person given to a doctor that extrodinary means will not be taken to prolong life. So human Euthinasia already exists. The doctor in this case only puts the patient on severe drugs so they cant feel the pain when they die.

But we should rest the fearmongers fear that atheists do not want to create a goverment that makes biological choices for everyone. Life or death is an individual case by case issue that should be left up to the doctor and the patient.

I think Christians have baught too much into the science fiction horror movie crap that if you dont believe in god that somehow you want goverment to tell you when to live or die.

THAT IS UTTER BULLSHIT! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Very

MattShizzle wrote:
Very good point. I still think the reason Christians only care about the lives of fetuses

Notice that too?

"Don't abort the fetus, it's precious!"

The baby gets born

"I hate you, you atheist/gay person!!!!"

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.