questions about genesis
ok, so i have a few questions about genesis 1 that i havent heard cleared up.
1. The book says "god created the two great lights, the sun and the moon". the moon is not a light, the sun reflects off of it to make it appear as one. this goes along with the primitive knowledge about our world and solar system back in those times.
2. I highly doubt man was created a couple days after the dinosaurs.
3. It took god 6 days to make earth, but in only a fraction of one of those days he created the stars. The size and complexity of the rest of the universe is extremely dominant to that of the earth, it just doesn't make sense to me. Again, this goes along with the belief a long time ago that stars are just small dots and are nothing like we know about them today.
4. How does god get tired? Why does he need to rest on the 7th day? Did he give himself the attribute of weakness?
5. Genesis 1:3-5 talk about god creating darkness and light, and seperating them to be night and day. To me, this seems no worse than the egyption religous theories about the sun and moon. It does not just "become" night or day, they are not seperated at all. It happens because of the world turning.
theists(or atheists with answers that im not aware of) please respond. unless you are really that stupid that you havent noticed this(this is 5th grade knowledge here) im sure you have an answer to this.