Palestine/Israel........Same old same old......

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Palestine/Israel........Same old same old......

You would think because this has been going on for so long, even before I was born and I am 48, both sides would grow tired of it. I am honestly tired of both sides.

They like to think they are different but they are not. Humans will always seek to get the toughest guy on the block to defend them if they feel threatened. What perpetuates this human stupidity is the very elephant in the room neither wants to face. Both sides switch to race when you tell them it is religion. Then when you call them on race, they switch to culture. Then when you call them on that, they say it is ethnic.

Cut the fucking crap guys. This is about religion and if neither had been invented neither side would be fighting over it. This is unfortunately mundane human evolution going on and labels are what people hide behind to justify the "other" as being the outsider.

Sure you can get some on both sides to say "look, we don't want to subjugate the other" and both certainly can point to points in history of the two religions were they co existed. But no one wants to face when those things happened it was because one side had enough power that the other really had no choice but to accept their minority status.

Human tribalism will not go away. It is unrealistic for either side to expect the other to completely submit. But there will be no peace as long as religion is ignored as the root cause of all of this.

The only thing that will bring more peace to that region, is when people stop digging in their heals looking to put the toughest guy in power for either side, and everyone accepts that there is no "better club" or "chosen people". If they both pull their heads out of their asses, then it will not matter if you have one state or two states because a secular common law will create equality for everyone.

But do not hand me this crap that this is not about Allah vs Yahweh, it always has been.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:But do not

Brian37 wrote:
But do not hand me this crap that this is not about Allah vs Yahweh, it always has been.



oh sorry, i didn't realize both "allah" and "yahweh" were dreamed up in 1948.


so you're saying that if religion had never existed, there would be no fighting in the middle east?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
and i'm assuming since

and i'm assuming since you're not basing this rant on any specific current events but just spouting trivialities, this whole thread is just an excuse to restart the same argument you're losing on all the other threads? you're pathetic.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
If the surrounding Muslim

If the surrounding Muslim countries had enough power, Israel would not have a minority status. They just wouldn't exist.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:If the

butterbattle wrote:

If the surrounding Muslim countries had enough power, Israel would not have a minority status. They just wouldn't exist.




not necessarily. as much as the arab countries might hate an israeli hegemony, the one thing none of them wants is an iranian hegemony, and if israel's westernizing influence were to disappear, iran would become the only "great power" in the persian gulf. if the arab countries can't live with israel, they can't really live without it either.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You would

Brian37 wrote:
You would think because this has been going on for so long, even before I was born and I am 48, both sides would grow tired of it. I am honestly tired of both sides.  

This has nothing to do with the economy; this is an issue with evolution.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:butterbattle

iwbiek wrote:
butterbattle wrote:

If the surrounding Muslim countries had enough power, Israel would not have a minority status. They just wouldn't exist.


not necessarily. as much as the arab countries might hate an israeli hegemony, the one thing none of them wants is an iranian hegemony, and if israel's westernizing influence were to disappear, iran would become the only "great power" in the persian gulf. if the arab countries can't live with israel, they can't really live without it either.

I think it is a very interesting thought experiment to consider what the Middle East would be like if the Zionist movement never took root and there wasn't a massive migration of Jews to Israel. It is easy for us westerners to see the terrorism problem as us vs. them, but by the numbers, far more Muslims have been murdered by terroristic bombings than anyone else.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
You would think because this has been going on for so long, even before I was born and I am 48, both sides would grow tired of it. I am honestly tired of both sides.  

This has nothing to do with the economy; this is an issue with evolution.

That is Evolution!™ to you mister!

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
You would think because this has been going on for so long, even before I was born and I am 48, both sides would grow tired of it. I am honestly tired of both sides.  

This has nothing to do with the economy; this is an issue with evolution.

That is Evolution!™ to you mister!

For an atheist you do as great a job ignoring evolution as religious nutfucks.

Saying false perceptions occur in evolution does not make clinging to them good. If we never questioned social norms you and I would be still living in the dark ages. If you have read the God Delusion from a SCIENTIST you would know what the fuck I am talking about.

If you want to coddle the insecurities of idiots who want to cling to claims of invisible sky heros, you can. I think humanity is smart enough to learn and grow and give up on bad claims. We can let people think Thor made lightening too. I think humanity can do far better than bullshit books writen in an ignorant past. 

Yes I am being a dick, because my species has it in them to learn and morons like you would suggest no one say boo to them because they might get their feelings hurt. Yea lets cling to the past because religious bigotry, religious sexism and homophobia is so fucking great for the people oppressed by it. 

Now when you can prove I am calling for laws to outlaw religion, or can prove I am calling for physical violence, then you would be right in equating me to the violent people in religion. But all I am doing is cussing them out because they need that verbal cold water thrown in their faces.

And no, I will not stop until at a minumum they stop mudering each other. You know damned well like I do, that no one person, no one group , no one religion, is the center of this planet or the universe. So, you can protect their insecurites and allow them to think killing over invisible sky heros makes sense if you wish. But do not presume you have any legal right to prevent me from telling the voilent assholes in any religion to knock it off.

Ass long as humans make claims of invisible beings and run governments and threaten each other with war and are willing to blow each other up and take me out with them YOU ARE DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT I AM GOING TO BITCH.

Religion exists as a result of humans false perceptions and as long as they hold power and weapons and are willing to kill over things they have no evidence for, I have every right to bitch. Those 3 religions have no fucking right holding the entire planet hostage.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
For an atheist you sure do

For an atheist you sure do spend a lot of time lying about peoples positions on various subjects.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:For an atheist

Vastet wrote:
For an atheist you sure do spend a lot of time lying about peoples positions on various subjects.

Mistaken maybe, wrong, maybe,  lying FUCK YOU.

Now you going to waste your time on me since you don't like me keep spinning your wheels. But that is really all this amounts to. 

The religions of Abraham ARE holding this planet hostage and murdering each other over invisible sky heros they have no evidence for. Am I that important to you? 

No one here is dying because of our back an forth. No one is under threat of death in our exchange here. So I really could give a fuck less if you think I am intentionally lying or not. 

You don't like me. I could give a shit less. On a planet of  7 billion that is going to happen. You don't have to like me. Now unlike you, I am not going to accuse your dislike of me as being a crime. So whatever you think I am diliberatly lying about I don't give a fuck. Call me a dipshit, call me a dumbfuck, call me whatever name you want. 

Maybe the world is going about peace the wrong way. Maybe religion and idiots like you get more concerned with insisting on a library rather than insisting on non violence. So when I start murdering in the name of "atheism" then you can bitch about me. But since I am not doing that, I could give one fuck less if you stupidly think I am diliberatly lying. 

Grow the fuck up. You should be more worried about assholes who kill over invisible beings, not over someone who is leaving it at words.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
if you're not lying, tell

if you're not lying, tell why you used a fake einstein quote.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:If the

butterbattle wrote:

If the surrounding Muslim countries had enough power, Israel would not have a minority status. They just wouldn't exist.

Yes they would, and that would make them sick fucks to do such. I only support Isreal from the standpoint they are fellow human beings and have westernized history. I do not support their goal of basing their nation on an old book, anymore than I like it when Christians here try to shoehorn Jesus and Christian into our Constitution. I also don't think enough Jews in Israel undersand that our Christian right here is not supporting them because they think they are equal, our Christian right is trying to usser in their doomsday by filling the "Jewish state" prophacy in the Bible.

 

And any Jew old enough who lives in America most of our history has been anti Semetic. "Judeo Christian" when politicians talk is because liberals told Christians to stop being bigoted dicks. 

But that does not justify the land grabs the right wing Jews of Isreal have done over and over and over. No different to me than what Christians did when Native Americans fought back. 

Ultimately all I see are my fellow human beings needlessly on all sides murdering each other over invisible beings. Isreal being more watered down in it's religious beliefs does not mean they are error free in their logic. 

It still all amounts to a sky daddy war. 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
if you're not lying, why did

if you're not lying, why did you use a fake einstein quote?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:if you're not

iwbiek wrote:
if you're not lying, tell why you used a fake einstein quote.

Getting something wrong is not the same as intentionally doing it. 

Even when I admit I fucked things up, like trying to summerize QM that does not satisfy you so FUCK YOU.

Making mistakes makes me human, not evil. 

This is about you not liking me personally, nothing more. You wanted to play teacher with me and when I didn't roll over you got upset. And after telling me to talk to Bob, when he didn't agree with you he suddenly became your enemy too. 

So once again, I could really care less what you think of me. That is all this has been about from the start.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Mistaken

Brian37 wrote:
Mistaken maybe, wrong, maybe,  lying FUCK YOU.

No, fuck YOU. You are a LIAR. People who make mistakes admit to them and don't repeat them over and over for years. YOU ARE A LIAR. A scum sucking worthless LIAR.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Mistaken maybe, wrong, maybe,  lying FUCK YOU.
No, fuck YOU. You are a LIAR. People who make mistakes admit to them and don't repeat them over and over for years. YOU ARE A LIAR. A scum sucking worthless LIAR.

You have magic powers to crawl into my neurons and determine my intent. You must be Superman.

I fucked up trying to summerize QM. And posted links to SCIENTISTS, not me, SCIENTISTS

Now when you keep calling me an intentional liar remember your own fucked up short term memory. AND FUCK YOU TOO.

I can do this all day and meanwhile you take your focus of of people who use religion to get violent, instead it is more important to you to waste your time with someone you say you don't care about. 

Your priorties are really fucked up if I am the center of your universe. Keep it up, because that is my entire goal, to show humans they can bitch each other out without murdering each other. A less violent world would really suck wouldn't it?

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Your intentions are

Your intentions are irrelevant, your actions prove you are a LIAR. You have the ability to communicate in some fashion, yet you label EVERYONE with your own picture of who they are, and forever more you respond only to the image you have of that person instead of the person themselves. Just like EXC. You are told over and over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER that your caricatures are NOT representations of actual positions being held and you NEVER PAY ANY FUCKING ATTENTION.

You aren't even going to read this. You're going to look at it and see the words you expect to see, and stay in the rut of lies that has become who you are.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
brian, referring to either

brian, referring to either you or bob as my "enemy" is just plain silly. and i have never once seen you admit you were wrong about anything, at least not in the last couple of years. so fuck you too. if you were mistaken about the quote, what was its source?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Your intentions

Vastet wrote:
Your intentions are irrelevant, your actions prove you are a LIAR. You have the ability to communicate in some fashion, yet you label EVERYONE with your own picture of who they are, and forever more you respond only to the image you have of that person instead of the person themselves. Just like EXC. You are told over and over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER that your caricatures are NOT representations of actual positions being held and you NEVER PAY ANY FUCKING ATTENTION. You aren't even going to read this. You're going to look at it and see the words you expect to see, and stay in the rut of lies that has become who you are.

You are the fuckwad who cant accept an imperfect world, not me.

Keep it up, I can do this all day. Meanwhile there are gays in prison and atheists in prison in the Middle East, Jews taking land they do not own, and right wing Christians selling their end times bullshit to the rest of the world. 

Now ask me again if I care what you personally think of me. I am one of 7 billion. I am the least of your worries.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Your intentions are irrelevant, your actions prove you are a LIAR. You have the ability to communicate in some fashion, yet you label EVERYONE with your own picture of who they are, and forever more you respond only to the image you have of that person instead of the person themselves. Just like EXC. You are told over and over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER that your caricatures are NOT representations of actual positions being held and you NEVER PAY ANY FUCKING ATTENTION. You aren't even going to read this. You're going to look at it and see the words you expect to see, and stay in the rut of lies that has become who you are.

You are the fuckwad who cant accept an imperfect world, not me.

Keep it up, I can do this all day. Meanwhile there are gays in prison and atheists in prison in the Middle East, Jews taking land they do not own, and right wing Christians selling their end times bullshit to the rest of the world. 

Now ask me again if I care what you personally think of me. I am one of 7 billion. I am the least of your worries.

I rest my case. Lying shit for brains.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Keep it up, I

Brian37 wrote:

Keep it up, I can do this all day.

 

  Of course you can. Being crazy is easy is for crazy people.

 

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
brian, what was the source

brian, what was the source for the einstein quote you used "by mistake"?


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
There shall be signs in the Sun, in the Moon, & hide us from Him

 There shall be signs in the Sun, in the Moon, & hide us from Him

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Keep it up, I can do this all day.

 

  Of course you can. Being crazy is easy is for crazy people.

 

 

 

  # "19"  --

     Gee, I wonder why people would feel that way ?!?  Bri-Bri  I  believe  I will never look at you the same again (View YouTube)

 

 

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301rOf4eCj0 {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301rOf4eCj0}
 

   

 


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Quote:For an atheist you do

Quote:
For an atheist you do as great a job ignoring evolution as religious nutfucks. 
 Because I only talk about evolution when it is germaine to the conversation? If you read when I'm talking to theists, most recently Caposkia, I have delved into the topic and have gotten fairly detailed. The bottom line is that evolution is just one of many natural processes. It isn't a blanket explanation for everything in the world.  
Quote:
 Saying false perceptions occur in evolution does not make clinging to them good. If we never questioned social norms you and I would be still living in the dark ages. If you have read the God Delusion from a SCIENTIST you would know what the fuck I am talking about. 
  No perceptions occur in evolution, true or false. Unless you are suggesting there exists a 'false perception' gene?   
Quote:
 If you want to coddle the insecurities of idiots who want to cling to claims of invisible sky heros, you can. I think humanity is smart enough to learn and grow and give up on bad claims. We can let people think Thor made lightening too. I think humanity can do far better than bullshit books writen in an ignorant past.  
 Coddle? I have absolutely shredded you in every discussion we have had. Every thread goes the same way, you battle a field of strawmen, I shred your delusions, you change the topic, I ask questions about a specific point and you run away to the next thread. This has gone on for years now, and there are hundreds of threads that you have abandoned and end with a post from me engaging you in specifics that you can't defend.  I do the same to theists, in case you haven't noticed, the only active theist on the site has been having his fantasies shredded by me and jabberwocky for the last year or so. You haven't done shit in those threads except to repeat you cut and paste 'superhero' and 'fart Lamborghini' posts. You can't even make a coherent argument against a theist!   
Quote:
 Now when you can prove I am calling for laws to outlaw religion, or can prove I am calling for physical violence, then you would be right in equating me to the violent people in religion. But all I am doing is cussing them out because they need that verbal cold water thrown in their faces. 
 All you are doing is throwing a hussy fit with the intellectual depth of a 3 year old.   
Quote:
 And no, I will not stop until at a minumum they stop mudering each other. You know damned well like I do, that no one person, no one group , no one religion, is the center of this planet or the universe. So, you can protect their insecurites and allow them to think killing over invisible sky heros makes sense if you wish. But do not presume you have any legal right to prevent me from telling the voilent assholes in any religion to knock it off. Ass long as humans make claims of invisible beings and run governments and threaten each other with war and are willing to blow each other up and take me out with them YOU ARE DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT I AM GOING TO BITCH. Religion exists as a result of humans false perceptions and as long as they hold power and weapons and are willing to kill over things they have no evidence for, I have every right to bitch. Those 3 religions have no fucking right holding the entire planet hostage. 
 Obviously you won't stop. You are narcissistic, immature, willfully ignorant, churlish child with delusions of grandeur. That is why I didn't bother telling you to stop. I mocked you. An intelligent person would examine the criticism you have received from virtually every person on this site and do a little self introspection.

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:An

Beyond Saving wrote:
An intelligent person would examine the criticism you have received from virtually every person on this site and do a little self introspection.



exactly. but i'm sure by now you can consider this thread abandoned by brian.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson