Fucking Cops

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fucking Cops

Is "I thought they were a threat" going to be the go-to-lie by all law enforcement fuck ups who shoot an unarmed civilian?

I heard this story on the radio on the way home tonight. The inital reports said that the man came to the door to see what was causing the rukus outside.

His friend had already gone outside then as he reached the door, they kicked it in, knocking him down and backwards. It was at this time a weapon discharged (or was fired depending on how you look at it) and he was struck in the face. He died.

I know there will be a civil suit on this, then a small payoff, with the cop going free.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2015/3/4/man_shot_by_volusia_.html

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm the first to admit

I'm the first to admit police aren't perfect but American police are still among the best on earth. I just saw a report how ALL 3 levels of Mexican police are corrupt! Even drug cartels have infiltrated them!

Imagine a world without police. It's too scary to think of! We need police more than they need us!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
American police are just as

American police are just as corrupt as Mexican police.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:American police

Vastet wrote:
American police are just as corrupt as Mexican police.

I have a family member who is joining the police. I told him he would be better off joining the Fire Department.

If I had to do it over again that is what I would have done. The Fire Department in various areas have really good retirement.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:"There's a couple of

Quote:
"There's a couple of seconds between opening the door, walking out, getting to my knee, and halfway out there's gunfire," Grady said. "I look back as the guy's grabbing me, and my friend is dead or dying."

Hmm, did he actually see what happened? From this account, I'm not so sure.

As far as police shooting innocent people and bystanders, there's far better examples than this one. That's not to say that I'm defending them or anything. It's at least plausible that this man was shot before he presented a threat.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote: We

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

We need police more than they need us!

What a worshipful attitude you have.   The police need criminals to justify their budgets and stay employed.  Every year the legislative and executive branch pass ever more meddling and restrictive laws so that becoming a criminal becomes increasingly likely, even by people who heretofore had no criminal intent.   Everything from the Patriot Act to marijuana laws.   Citizens break laws every day and never realize it.  And remember "Ignorantia juris non excusant"  which is Latin for "Ignorance of the law excuses no one."

You would have loved living in East Germany.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:The

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

The police need criminals to justify their budgets and stay employed.  Every year the legislative and executive branch pass ever more meddling and restrictive laws so 

Interesting point of view

I used to do glass work and my boss told me that when he was a kid they would get paid $5 to smash windshields. Of course the owners of the glass companies were the ones paying the kids to smash them

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Probably would have worked

Probably would have worked great for decades. Maybe centuries. I think there's too much competition these days though. Plus, cameras.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.