More absurd logic from the world of theism.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
More absurd logic from the world of theism.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ameri ... tan-95372/

Notice how in the first sentence of this article this moron uses the veiled tactic of playing victim.
 

Quote:It really isn't politically correct these days to talk about Jesus in public, or even to speak about Satan in public.



Wrong moron. WE WANT the public debate, you simply don't like the criticism of your comic book characters.

Quote:Your response to the Christian Gospel will reveal whether you are listening to Jesus, or to Satan. There is no getting around it. Whether you take a public position on the matter or not, you are in one camp or the other. That is because there are only two camps to which souls can belong.



Bullshit logic like this always forgets the third

option, which is NEITHER.

That is like asking the atheist to chose between Superman vs Lex Luthor. Neither exist so there is no "camp" to reside in.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Backwards

The liberals are professional actors when it comes to playing the victim (e.g. 911 widows).

However, he is not playing a victim but saying that which is true. You can't put any religion down in the name of tolerance and diversity unless it's Biblical Christianity.

Even Roman Catholicism is okay in Communism and America. Biblical Christianity is always attacked. Evidently, your anger/emotional issues blind you to this reality.  

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Christianity is neither

Christianity is neither tolerant nor diverse. It is rigid and unforgiving.

I was wondering when you'd run out of intelligent things to say. Didn't take long.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Christianity is

Vastet wrote:
Christianity is neither tolerant nor diverse. It is rigid and unforgiving. I was wondering when you'd run out of intelligent things to say. Didn't take long.

Ran out? He never got out of the starting gate.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:The

Jean Chauvin wrote:

The liberals are professional actors when it comes to playing the victim (e.g. 911 widows).

However, he is not playing a victim but saying that which is true. You can't put any religion down in the name of tolerance and diversity unless it's Biblical Christianity.

Even Roman Catholicism is okay in Communism and America. Biblical Christianity is always attacked. Evidently, your anger/emotional issues blind you to this reality.  

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Saying that "true Christianity" or as you stupidly put it "biblical Christianity" is different than Catholics is like saying Sunnis and Shiites worship a different god.

This is the "true Scotsman" fallacy. And now that more are wise to the "interpretation" cop out all sects of all religions use, you change slang pretending it is not the same bad argument.

 

No, we attack Christianity just like Galileo attacked the falsehood that the sun rotated around the earth. Stupid morons like you think we attack your religion or any because you think we are bigots. We attack ALL absurd claims and even attack each other if we think someone has made a bullshit claim.

We attack the claim that women should be subject to men for religious reasons, regardless of culture. We attack claims of multiple armed deities, as well as claims of Big Foot or Psychics. I've attacked pantheists for their claims as well. I've attacked Jewish claims too. I even attacked an atheist who claimed the Transporter from Star Trek was a possibility.

 

It is false that we are intolerant, we hate ignorance(meaning lack of confirmed data, which people willfully ignore)

 

I hate what religion has done to my family. I hate how it divides humanity, no matter which religion it is. All religions are nothing but a form of politics masked in superstition.

We don't need a piss ant like you to lecture us about tolerance when you started a thread threatening the United States with your god claiming the Tsunami was a warning to the United States to find God. Too bad you didn't know my x was Japanese.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Christianity is neither tolerant nor diverse. It is rigid and unforgiving. I was wondering when you'd run out of intelligent things to say. Didn't take long.

Ran out? He never got out of the starting gate.

You haven't been paying attention my friend. Jean has said a number of intelligent things in the last week or two. Still speckled with his own flavour of arrogance and foolishness, but intelligent all the same.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Christianity is neither tolerant nor diverse. It is rigid and unforgiving. I was wondering when you'd run out of intelligent things to say. Didn't take long.

Ran out? He never got out of the starting gate.

You haven't been paying attention my friend. Jean has said a number of intelligent things in the last week or two. Still speckled with his own flavour of arrogance and foolishness, but intelligent all the same.

Well he needs to say less stupid stuff, and drop the "respectfully".

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Systematic Christianity

The Scotsman fallacy is not recognized by logicians as a fallacy. Flu invented this recently since he kept losing debates. If a Christian loses a debate, such as Kirk Cameron and Sapient, I say it truthfully. The issue of flu constantly losing is historically the case.

Within any system of thought, there are essentials that define that system. If you break any essential of that system, you are not of that system. They contradict their profession via the details of the essentials.

It's very simple.

If I say I'm a Mormon. But demonstrate that the Book of Mormon is false, Joseph Smith Jr. was a false phony prophet, and that Mormon church is a cult, and yet continue to profess Mormonism, I am contradicting the essentails of the system I am proclaiming. And via logic, despite your profession, you do possess all the essential tenets of the professed system and by default are not of that system.

We can argue about the authentication of Scripture another time, I'm simply talking about elements of a mode where the adherents are required to adhere to lest they not be of that system.

Since Roman Catholicism has broken the essential elements of Biblical historical orthodox Christianity which was formulated through the basic ponits of Scripture, Rome is then not Christian.

Non essential elements are fine to break, however the breaking of one essential vomits you out of the mouth of the essence.

It is due to this, and many other reasons as to why actual logicians understand the Scotsman Fallacy to be fallacious intrisically in itself.

Thanks for the compliment Vastet.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:The

Jean Chauvin wrote:

The Scotsman fallacy is not recognized by logicians as a fallacy. Flu invented this recently since he kept losing debates. If a Christian loses a debate, such as Kirk Cameron and Sapient, I say it truthfully. The issue of flu constantly losing is historically the case.

Within any system of thought, there are essentials that define that system. If you break any essential of that system, you are not of that system. They contradict their profession via the details of the essentials.

It's very simple.

If I say I'm a Mormon. But demonstrate that the Book of Mormon is false, Joseph Smith Jr. was a false phony prophet, and that Mormon church is a cult, and yet continue to profess Mormonism, I am contradicting the essentails of the system I am proclaiming. And via logic, despite your profession, you do possess all the essential tenets of the professed system and by default are not of that system.

We can argue about the authentication of Scripture another time, I'm simply talking about elements of a mode where the adherents are required to adhere to lest they not be of that system.

Since Roman Catholicism has broken the essential elements of Biblical historical orthodox Christianity which was formulated through the basic ponits of Scripture, Rome is then not Christian.

Non essential elements are fine to break, however the breaking of one essential vomits you out of the mouth of the essence.

It is due to this, and many other reasons as to why actual logicians understand the Scotsman Fallacy to be fallacious intrisically in itself.

Thanks for the compliment Vastet.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Lost debates? Ha, maybe from your POV.

 

Catholics and Baptists have the same super hero. Sunnis and Shiites have the same super hero. Arguing how to worship them, or which interpretation of which book is irrelevant, they still are the same Characters.

All gods are myths, including yours. All religions have multiple sects with variations of their holy books. Still doesn't change that there is no such thing as an invisible sky friend. Arguing which book and which interpretation is absurd. It is like arguing that Superman vs Batman is an argument when the comic book company who writes both is different.

Catholics worship the  Jesus character, Baptists worship Jesus character. Sunnis and Shiites worship the Allah character.

"You haven't had boiled goat testicles prepared in the right way" is nothing more than "If you'd just follow me", which still wouldn't change the boiled goat testicles if they were boiled in water or shit or gravy. That IS the True Scotsman fallacy, "You aren't following the right interpretation(recipe)". Shit dipped in chocolate is still shit.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37