Nooblet from Nuggetville

Mintyfell
Theist
Mintyfell's picture
Posts: 54
Joined: 2012-11-15
User is offlineOffline
Nooblet from Nuggetville

Hello fellows. This is my first foray into forum farms. This seems like an interestingly humorous place where I could discuss lively issues with lively people. Look forward to posting. BTW I'm a theist with an extremely open and loose God concept that serves me a purpose. I'm not religious or a book thumper. I believe in free thinking and open minds. Science and reason are good and well. Looking forward to Spoobing tonight.

 

Spoob= The act of spooning while holding a boob.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2406
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Hi

 

 

 

 

                             Welcome to the forums. Now what is your god concept and what evidence do you have of this god.?  I've never seen  any evidence of a god.

 

 

 

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
?

 #1 

   ?

  Can you tell us what belief you do subscribe to (if you'd want to do so) ?

 


Mintyfell
Theist
Mintyfell's picture
Posts: 54
Joined: 2012-11-15
User is offlineOffline
Hi. Yes, I can tell you that

Hi. Yes, I can tell you that I believe in a "spirit" of the universe underlying the totality of Everything. Like a universe connected on an unseen level. With my five senses I can interact with the physical world around me and all the beautiful people in it. I have come to discover an inner power or force or spirit that is in Everything and is Everything and connects everything. I don't really subscribe to anything that is written in words. My experiences are far more trusted.


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Mintyfell wrote:Hi. Yes, I

Mintyfell wrote:

Hi. Yes, I can tell you that I believe in a "spirit" of the universe underlying the totality of Everything. Like a universe connected on an unseen level. With my five senses I can interact with the physical world around me and all the beautiful people in it. I have come to discover an inner power or force or spirit that is in Everything and is Everything and connects everything. I don't really subscribe to anything that is written in words. My experiences are far more trusted.

I also believe in everything that is connected with everything Smiling Welcome to the forum.  

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Mintyfell wrote:Hello

Mintyfell wrote:

Hello fellows. This is my first foray into forum farms. This seems like an interestingly humorous place where I could discuss lively issues with lively people. Look forward to posting. BTW I'm a theist with an extremely open and loose God concept that serves me a purpose. I'm not religious or a book thumper. I believe in free thinking and open minds. Science and reason are good and well. Looking forward to Spoobing tonight.

 

Spoob= The act of spooning while holding a boob.

I like the concept, and the act.  Spoob Smiling

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


x
Bronze Member
Posts: 591
Joined: 2010-06-15
User is offlineOffline
Hello

You sound like either a Panentheist or a Pantheist.

Would you identify with those definitions?


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums. All viewpoints are always welcome here and if things seem to get too heated, there is always the Kill 'EM With Kindness Forum.

We've had Pantheists and Panentheists members on here before and currently have some.One of them was a very intelligent member named Eloise. The theists who have a broader, universalist type concept of a divinity, seem to get along on here.

But all viewpoints are welcome. My significant other ascribes to the Wiccan religion and she knows in no uncertain terms that I am an Atheist. We get along just fine at home. (Provided I do dishes once in a while of course).

Looking forward to hearing some of your feedback,  debating back and forth with some of your viewpoints and mine, and good luck with spoobing. Don't think I have ever heard that one before.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Mintyfell wrote:Hello

Mintyfell wrote:

Hello fellows. This is my first foray into forum farms. This seems like an interestingly humorous place where I could discuss lively issues with lively people. Look forward to posting. BTW I'm a theist with an extremely open and loose God concept that serves me a purpose. I'm not religious or a book thumper. I believe in free thinking and open minds. Science and reason are good and well. Looking forward to Spoobing tonight.

 

Spoob= The act of spooning while holding a boob.

Welcome to the forums, post early and often on any subject that crosses your mind. We always like to learn new things around here. Didn't know there was a difference between spooning and spoobing. Guess someday I should try spooning. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3354
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Hello!

Hello!


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3354
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Hello!

Hello!


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 No, digital, it goes like

 No, digital, it goes like this.

 

 

Hello Mintyfell

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


x
Bronze Member
Posts: 591
Joined: 2010-06-15
User is offlineOffline
A wise guy, eh?

ex-minister wrote:

 No, digital, it goes like this.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3354
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:No,

ex-minister wrote:

No, digital, it goes like this.

Hello Mintyfell

Yeah, but I'm not a multiple personality like you. Smiling

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


GodsUseForAMosquito
ModeratorBronze Member
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
Posts: 404
Joined: 2008-08-27
User is offlineOffline
Mintyfell wrote: I have

Mintyfell wrote:

 I have come to discover an inner power or force or spirit that is in Everything and is Everything and connects everything. I don't really subscribe to anything that is written in words. My experiences are far more trusted.

 

Ahh, so your God is Kevin Bacon.

http://youtu.be/4IdlSHI1CMk

Welcome to the boards.

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3354
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Mintyfell wrote:My

Mintyfell wrote:

My experiences are far more trusted.

Experiences can be deceiving, but I understand where you are coming from.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

Mintyfell wrote:

 I have come to discover an inner power or force or spirit that is in Everything and is Everything and connects everything. I don't really subscribe to anything that is written in words. My experiences are far more trusted.

 

Ahh, so your God is Kevin Bacon.

http://youtu.be/4IdlSHI1CMk

Welcome to the boards.

 

The video is no longer available.  Sad

 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


GodsUseForAMosquito
ModeratorBronze Member
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
Posts: 404
Joined: 2008-08-27
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister

ex-minister wrote:

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

Mintyfell wrote:

 I have come to discover an inner power or force or spirit that is in Everything and is Everything and connects everything. I don't really subscribe to anything that is written in words. My experiences are far more trusted.

 

Ahh, so your God is Kevin Bacon.

http://youtu.be/4IdlSHI1CMk

Welcome to the boards.

 

The video is no longer available.  Sad

 

 

Looks like that's a UK only link.. try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtI2TlAtm-o

 


Mintyfell
Theist
Mintyfell's picture
Posts: 54
Joined: 2012-11-15
User is offlineOffline
 Hi. Thanks to all for such

 Hi. Thanks to all for such a warm welcome. I could probably identify as a pantheist, though I don't know much of the details. Just a label anyhow. I would have to say that experience and perception are the most real that we(I) as humans can get. Of course someone else's perception and experience is going to be different than mine. But that doesn't make it any less real. So yes, a Pantheist I am, if it suits you all Smiling

 

Haha! Kevin Bacon huh? Well I can say that Kevin Bacon is as much(or not so much) God as an annoying cuticle on my pinkie finger is me. That damn cuticle isn't me, but unfortunately (or fortunately) it is a part of me.

 

Happy days ahead to all.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13823
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Mintyfell wrote:Hi. Yes, I

Mintyfell wrote:

Hi. Yes, I can tell you that I believe in a "spirit" of the universe underlying the totality of Everything. Like a universe connected on an unseen level. With my five senses I can interact with the physical world around me and all the beautiful people in it. I have come to discover an inner power or force or spirit that is in Everything and is Everything and connects everything. I don't really subscribe to anything that is written in words. My experiences are far more trusted.

Welcome, but just to warn you, most of us here , the vast majority see nothing but a universe, being a thing, not connected at all, other than we live in it.

Quote:
My experiences are far more trusted.

Well, you'll find that we get that from everyone, Muslims, Jews, Christians, ect ect ect. And any credible scientist and psychologist can tell you that human perceptions are notoriously flawed.

But other than that, welcome. Just keep in mind we are all individuals here. We may attack your claims but that is different than you the person. We may after getting to know you, like you, but that does not mean we will aways like what you claim.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
Posts: 143
Joined: 2011-11-30
User is offlineOffline
As another new member:

As another new member: welcome!

Mintyfell wrote:
Spoob= The act of spooning while holding a boob.

Hmmm. My wife prefers spooning while I have my arm around her stomach. Spoomaching?

Doesn't sound nearly as fun...