digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evid3nc3

For those who didn't catch it, Lum put his 1st clip on the Theist's "Irrational" thread. This guy has some good stuff on Youtube. He doesn't look a day over 25. Wish i woulda saw his first videos when i was first recovering from the poison of christianity. I subscribed to his channel. Evid3nc3. I saw AtheistNightmare to the side too.lmao  Thanks again Lum.   p.s. I'll comment on that one later Bum-thanks.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:For those

tonyjeffers wrote:

For those who didn't catch it, Lum put his 1st clip on the Theist's "Irrational" thread. This guy has some good stuff on Youtube. He doesn't look a day over 25. Wish i woulda saw his first videos when i was first recovering from the poison of christianity. I subscribed to his channel. Evid3nc3. I saw AtheistNightmare to the side too.lmao  Thanks again Lum.   p.s. I'll comment on that one later Bum-thanks.

I agree. Very rational and well explained videos. The production value is very high too.

If found the following video response from another good student or teacher, but I dispute several statements that they make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP4ojfiPzsU&feature=watch_response

The issue I have is mathematics a creation of the human mind or does it exist with out humans beings?

Take for example, a set of 5 rocks. A human looks at them and says, "that's a set of five rocks".

Now, if you have 5 rocks, but 3 are green and 2 are red, the human will say, "that is a set of 3 green rocks and a set of 2 red rocks"

But what if that human was color blind? They would see one set of 5 rocks.

Now what if that human was blind? They would see no set of rocks, but they could feel them with their hands.

What if that human was blind and had no hands? No set would exist?

Yes, if no humans existed there would still be 5 rocks, but who would be around to realize it?

Thus no mathematics exist with out someone to realize it.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Bum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

tonyjeffers wrote:

I agree. Very rational and well explained videos. The production value is very high too.

If found the following video response from another good student or teacher, but I dispute several statements that they make.

The issue I have is mathematics a creation of the human mind or does it exist with out humans beings?

Take for example, a set of 5 rocks. A human looks at them and says, "that's a set of five rocks".

Now, if you have 5 rocks, but 3 are green and 2 are red, the human will say, "that is a set of 3 green rocks and a set of 2 red rocks"

Now what if that human was blind? They would see no set of rocks, but they could feel them with their hands.

Yes, if no humans existed there would still be 5 rocks, but who would be around to realize it?

I think what he is saying is mathematics is a human observation and tool, but physics exist with or without us. And every presupposition is just the result of what you can back up in your mind from previous observations. And if you hadn't made or missed certain observations, you would obviously have different presuppositions and arrive at different relults. -Like the honeycomb and melted blob of honey scenario. What I like about that guy is that he still seems happy and at peace. Many people who delve that deep into their mind become miserable.-thus the saying "ignorance is bliss". Hope he doesn't lose it. I wonder if he ever dropped acid? l can see it in his eyes. lol  I don't think we've heard the last of that young man.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers

tonyjeffers wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

tonyjeffers wrote:

I think what he is saying is mathematics is a human observation and tool, but physics exist with or without us. And every presupposition is just the result of what you can back up in your mind from previous observations. And if you hadn't made or missed certain observations, you would obviously have different presuppositions and arrive at different relults. -Like the honeycomb and melted blob of honey scenario. What I like about that guy is that he still seems happy and at peace. Many people who delve that deep into their mind become miserable.-thus the saying "ignorance is bliss". Hope he doesn't lose it. I wonder if he ever dropped acid? l can see it in his eyes. lol  I don't think we've heard the last of that young man.

I think you and I aren't on the same page.

The person who "did the video reply" said that the original video had questionable results.

I agree with the original video, not with the video reply.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
No I gotchya, I wasn't

No I gotchya, I wasn't really addressing them. I shoulda specified who I meant by "he".-Evid3ncE

I was referring to 3.4.1(1) Atheism:Evidence, not the rebuttal. -my bad