Question about Heaven

truth
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Question about Heaven

This is mainly for theists, if you get in heaven and your mom is in hell. Do you think you will know that your mom is in hell or does God erase that from your memory?

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was once at a local Church

I was once at a local Church for a lecture by one local religious psychiatrist. I had put a similar question anonymously into the question basket.

The doctor answered, that we should solve the problem by spreading evangelium and converting people. We shouldn't worry about the result, we evangelize and it's God's work to make people believe - or not. It takes about 7 times on average for a person to hear the evangelium before he believes it.

That's what he told me. Get more of them into the club. And don't worry. 

Seriously, I felt like listening to a Borg queen.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had a visit from two door

I had a visit from two door knocking bible carrying mountain bike riding douches one saturday morning. I asked them, "If a ship sinks and a mother, a father and a 6 month old baby are the only survivors, who then make it to a remote island, but live there until the mother and father are killed by a jaguar, then a mother ape finds the baby and raises it, then this human dies 50 years later, does the man who was raised by the apes go to hell?"

There reply was, "Yes, he goes to hell because he has not heard the word of Jesus and accepted him as his savior".

I told them to go fuck themselves and never to come back.

This of course was long before I was a buddhist and much more collected and calm as a person.

Today I'd tell them to go fuck each other and never to come back.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know they are in hell

their non existent bodies burning to a metaphorical crisp but because they deserve it for being evil enough not to believe in invisible beings, you are glad they are being taught a lesson.

Anyway, Kombi Jesus loves you and that's enough. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
truth wrote:This is

truth wrote:

This is mainly for theists, if you get in heaven and your mom is in hell. Do you think you will know that your mom is in hell or does God erase that from your memory?

No.

P.S. - I have completely different Hell/Heaven definitions to most

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Opie

Hi Opie,

This question is something that would be asked by a victim of the Public School System.

This would fall under the Jewish Maxim of I Corinthains 4:6

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Opie,

This question is something that would be asked by a victim of the Public School System.

This would fall under the Jewish Maxim of I Corinthains 4:6

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Jeannine,

I see that you're a good Christian, Jeannine. You always go to the creator of your religion (Paul) for answers.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin