Why the bible is the word of God. 

Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Why the bible is the word of God. 

Mathematicians have discovered that The bible is written in a mathematical pattern called Gematria and is encrypted  unlike any other book in history. A universal language based on mathematics. 

God's universal Language is the bible. 

God created everything by number, weight and measure.
Isaac Newton

Mathematics is a universal language and a language by which God speaks. It is a fact that mathematicians like   
Isaac Newton and theologians like E.W. Bullinger discovered the bible  to be written in a intelligent mathematical Design far superior to man's capability. Today, the requirement of computers is needed to reveal the hidden truth. A study was done at the university of Jerusalem that gives proof to the discovery by Mathematicians. 

Galileo Galilei  said, 'The universe cannot be read until we have learned the language and become familiar with the characters in which it is written. It is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word. Without these, one is wandering about in a dark labyrinth'.

Mathematicians like  Euler and Borel used their mathematical expertise to discover God and were somewhat successful. But they were no were near as successful as Isaac newton and Bullinger. 
1. Leonhard Euler: formula( ei*pi + 1 = 0 ) also know as "God’s formula".
2. Borel, Emil :Probability and Life formula

Mathematical signatures or patterns are inherent to the very structure of nature and the universe. While we use our language of mathematics to describe these patterns and all of the precise fine-tuning found in the universe, the mathematical ratios themselves seem to be design evidences: a universal language, unchanging throughout time or place; too precise and nonrandom to be products of chance.

These are just a few examples of Mathematics and God: Φ=Phi  = (1.6180339887...) is a number found in universal pattern an a irrational number like pi.pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter (3.141592653...) pi= π   is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently, its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. π is also a transcendental number, which implies, among other things, that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on integers (powers, roots, sums, etc.) can render its value; proving this fact was a significant mathematical achievement of the 19th century. Phi and pi are both ratios defined by particular Euclidean geometries, with phi being the division of a line "so that the ratio of the lesser part to the greater part is the same as the ratio of the greater part to the whole." Phi's abundance in the universe has earned it names such as the Golden Section, the Divine Proportion, the Golden Ratio, and the Golden Mean. This ratio phi can be found in many natural constructs such as in human and animal proportions (i.e., the arrangement of physical features). Phi relationships can be found in DNA, among the planets of the Solar System (as in Kepler's Laws), and so on.

I recommend for all of you to read Number in Scripture by E.W. Bullinger.
He followed Newton study of the mathematical intelligence behind the bible.

Another good book on the subject is :

The Signature of God 
By Grant R. Jeffrey
  
The laws of mathematics (a universal language)  proves the existence of a intelligent being we humans call God. 

God Bless.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10358
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
*Yawn*

*Yawn*

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
If it's a language, it's

If it's a language, it's saying "you're wrong", dear loony.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj

Jimenezj wrote:
Mathematicians have discovered that The bible is written in a mathematical pattern called Gematria and is encrypted  unlike any other book in history. A universal language based on mathematics.  God's universal Language is the bible.  God created everything by number, weight and measure. Isaac Newton Mathematics is a universal language and a language by which God speaks. It is a fact that mathematicians like    Isaac Newton and theologians like E.W. Bullinger discovered the bible  to be written in a intelligent mathematical Design far superior to man's capability. Today, the requirement of computers is needed to reveal the hidden truth. A study was done at the university of Jerusalem that gives proof to the discovery by Mathematicians.  Galileo Galilei  said, 'The universe cannot be read until we have learned the language and become familiar with the characters in which it is written. It is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word. Without these, one is wandering about in a dark labyrinth'. Mathematicians like  Euler and Borel used their mathematical expertise to discover God and were somewhat successful. But they were no were near as successful as Isaac newton and Bullinger.  1. Leonhard Euler: formula( ei*pi + 1 = 0 ) also know as "God’s formula". 2. Borel, Emil :Probability and Life formula Mathematical signatures or patterns are inherent to the very structure of nature and the universe. While we use our language of mathematics to describe these patterns and all of the precise fine-tuning found in the universe, the mathematical ratios themselves seem to be design evidences: a universal language, unchanging throughout time or place; too precise and nonrandom to be products of chance. These are just a few examples of Mathematics and God: Φ=Phi  = (1.6180339887...) is a number found in universal pattern an a irrational number like pi.pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter (3.141592653...) pi= π   is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently, its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. π is also a transcendental number, which implies, among other things, that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on integers (powers, roots, sums, etc.) can render its value; proving this fact was a significant mathematical achievement of the 19th century. Phi and pi are both ratios defined by particular Euclidean geometries, with phi being the division of a line "so that the ratio of the lesser part to the greater part is the same as the ratio of the greater part to the whole." Phi's abundance in the universe has earned it names such as the Golden Section, the Divine Proportion, the Golden Ratio, and the Golden Mean. This ratio phi can be found in many natural constructs such as in human and animal proportions (i.e., the arrangement of physical features). Phi relationships can be found in DNA, among the planets of the Solar System (as in Kepler's Laws), and so on. I recommend for all of you to read Number in Scripture by E.W. Bullinger. He followed Newton study of the mathematical intelligence behind the bible. Another good book on the subject is : The Signature of God  By Grant R. Jeffrey    The laws of mathematics (a universal language)  proves the existence of a intelligent being we humans call God.  God Bless.

Muslims quote the Koran and point to pictures of red nebulas, so why are you not a Muslim?They also claim that Muslims invented algebra, but again, you are not Muslim.  We have a Jew here right now who claims "in the begining" proves that the Jewish god is the one true god, but you are not Jewish.

You might as well claim that Klingon's are real because Gene Roddenburry imagined the tricorder which is the same size as the modern cell phone.

And we have seen this numbers claptrap before. You could run numbers in War and Peace and the entire Harry Potter series too and dig out of that whatever claptrap you want.

And as previously said, YAWN.

Nothing new here. Same claptrap, different claimant.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
 And you can find similar

 And you can find similar messages using Gematria in nearly every book written... 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
To all.

Prove me wrong using logical facts and evidence on the subject.
To talk about Muslims is out of context. I'm sure you have some good arguments against my proof.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Prove me

Jimenezj wrote:
Prove me wrong using logical facts and evidence on the subject. To talk about Muslims is out of context. I'm sure you have some good arguments against my proof.
'

Here's some stuff for you to look at for starters:

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/torah.html

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Prove me

Jimenezj wrote:
Prove me wrong using logical facts and evidence on the subject. To talk about Muslims is out of context. I'm sure you have some good arguments against my proof.

It is bunk you bought from a wacko apologist. You might as well be trying to convince me Marshal Applewhite had the truth about the comet. Comets are real so we missed the ride on comet because we didn't believe.

Sorry, not going to swallow your Kool Aid.

There is no serious scientist or college professor who is not a quack or who doesn't work at a degree mill that would take this shit seriously.

What do you want to sell me next? Faked moon landing? Big Foot? Ouija boards? Tarot cards? UFOs?

It is merely elaborate junk you fell for. Too bad for you. It is really sad to me that humanity can fall for such absurdities in this day and age.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

Im sorry, but you are wrong.there is a problem with your comment.if you read my thread, you will notice I never mentioned bible code. I said "Gematria" which people think it's bible code, but it is not. I wrote on two subjects .

1. Gematria
2. Universal mathematical ratios :Φ=Phi and pi= π
As proof of universal pattern found in all nature, the bible and the universe.

Thank you for your research .

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Brian

One again Brian, I have proven you wrong.
You said.

There is no serious scientist or college professor who is not a quack or who doesn't work at a degree mill that would take this shit seriously.

You need to do some more reading on your history.
Isaac Newton is considered my many scientist to be the greatest scientist in history.

If you do not have any intelligent comments to say, please sit down on the sidelines and watch the game.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Im sorry, but

Jimenezj wrote:
Im sorry, but you are wrong.there is a problem with your comment.if you read my thread, you will notice I never mentioned bible code. I said "Gematria" which people think it's bible code, but it is not. I wrote on two subjects . 1. Gematria 2. Universal mathematical ratios :Φ=Phi and pi= π As proof of universal pattern found in all nature, the bible and the universe. Thank you for your research .

Wouldn't your idea of Gematria be off because you aren't using what the Bible considers pi?

You use the correct number to a certain approximation but the Bible sets pi=3. Wouldn't that throw things off?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:One again

Jimenezj wrote:
One again Brian, I have proven you wrong. You said. There is no serious scientist or college professor who is not a quack or who doesn't work at a degree mill that would take this shit seriously. You need to do some more reading on your history. Isaac Newton is considered my many scientist to be the greatest scientist in history. If you do not have any intelligent comments to say, please sit down on the sidelines and watch the game.

Newton was also an alchemist - should we seek the Philosopher's Stone?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
The argument that gematria

The argument that gematria somehow proves the Bible to be god's word runs into major issues.

Shocking patterns of gematria can be found in the Quran, Jewish Apocalyptic writings, the Talmud and Mishnah.  This was a common literary device used by many writers and scribes in Babylon and Egypt and especially among Jewish rabbinical writings.  The Babylonian version of the Epic of Gilgamesh regularly employs features based around the number 7.  Ugaritic literature is overflowing with similar phenomena.

Even Sargon II build the wall at Khorsabad according to the numerical value and implications of his name.

Gematria is at best a pseudo-science but more likely just rubbish.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
No matter how thick you slice it...

Quote:
Gematria or gimatria (Hebrew: גימטריה‎, gēmaṭriyā) is a system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase, in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values bear some relation to each other, or bear some relation to the number itself as it may apply to a person's age, the calendar year, or the like. It is likely that the term derives from the order of the Greek alphabet, gamma being the third letter of the Greek alphabet (gamma + tria).

 

In other words... it's FUCKING NUMEROLOGY. Just a cut below astrology as a 'serious' science.
Junior, understand, this is a nonsensical bit of primitive magic... it's not real, it's not true... it's just a silly game of lets match the numbers.

Question sonny, what language are you saying shows these great truths??? Hebrew? Greek? Aremeic? Latin? English?
The sad thing is you see something 'shiny' on the internet and you latch onto it like a pit bull on a pork chop.

Newton was a brilliant man. Newton was also a nut job who sought the philosopher's stone. Newton was NOT the greatest scientist of all time, nor even the smartest. As far as sheer volume of knowledge contributed, Hawking has done more. As far as brilliance of mind, I'd put DaVinci ahead of Newton. Einstein showed Newton's errors... and there were many.

Quit being a dumbass... we've heard all this woo-woo bullshit before from far more literate sources than you.

LC >;-}>

 

 

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:Just a

Louis_Cypher wrote:

Just a cut below astrology as a 'serious' science.

Actually it gets worse.  The ancient Jews used Gematria for astrological purposes.  They would derive what number your name was by using Gematria and then use that number to assign a planet and astrological sign to you.

Woo!  Woo!

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5809
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:These are just a few

Quote:

These are just a few examples of Mathematics and God: Φ=Phi  = (1.6180339887...) is a number found in universal pattern an a irrational number like pi.pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter (3.141592653...) pi= π   is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently, its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. π is also a transcendental number, which implies, among other things, that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on integers (powers, roots, sums, etc.) can render its value; proving this fact was a significant mathematical achievement of the 19th century. Phi and pi are both ratios defined by particular Euclidean geometries, with phi being the division of a line "so that the ratio of the lesser part to the greater part is the same as the ratio of the greater part to the whole." Phi's abundance in the universe has earned it names such as the Golden Section, the Divine Proportion, the Golden Ratio, and the Golden Mean. This ratio phi can be found in many natural constructs such as in human and animal proportions (i.e., the arrangement of physical features). Phi relationships can be found in DNA, among the planets of the Solar System (as in Kepler's Laws), and so on.

None of that proves anything about God. They are properties of Mathematically defined values.

If the fact that there is order in the Universe 'proves' God, then the fact that there is also even more disorder and randomness in it surely 'disproves' him.

Because given a simple process that generates elementary particles, and the fact revealed by Quantum Mechanics that the properties of anything can only change in finite steps, the fundamental 'bits' of Reality come in only a few kinds, maybe ultimately only one, which will within each kind will necessarily be identical, some level of order is inevitable. This is the Truth that people like Newton where completely unaware of.

God is not only unnecessary, but a complication that would need to be explained itself.

Everything about the Universe makes more sense without the existence of God.

The 'fine-tuning' has long been shown to be a fallacy.

A disproof of Gematria is that techniques of that sort "reveal" such "information" when applied to any sufficiently large body of structured text, even if randomly generated. The fact is that is you search hard enough for particular patterns in such text, you will find some. That is the nature of statistics and complexity.

 

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:One again

Jimenezj wrote:
One again Brian, I have proven you wrong. You said. There is no serious scientist or college professor who is not a quack or who doesn't work at a degree mill that would take this shit seriously. You need to do some more reading on your history. Isaac Newton is considered my many scientist to be the greatest scientist in history. If you do not have any intelligent comments to say, please sit down on the sidelines and watch the game.

Excuse me? I don't know where you think you are, but let me clue you in. You are not on your own website and you don't own this one so do not dare try to tell me what to do here.

All you have proven is that humans are capable of being gullible which is an unfortunate part of evolution.

This is merely junk you swallowed from a hack snake oil salesman.

Now, others here have taken the time in this thread to post links debunking your crap. Go click on that and read  and learn yourself.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Watcher

Very good research, but still incorrect. I will explain. Gematria has been Commonly used to encryp words or names in ancient times, but not a complete ancient book like the bible. The only ancient book that exists with 100% Gematria Is the bible, proven fact by Mathematicians.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Very good

Jimenezj wrote:
Very good research, but still incorrect. I will explain. Gematria has been Commonly used to encryp words or names in ancient times, but not a complete ancient book like the bible. The only ancient book that exists with 100% Gematria Is the bible, proven fact by Mathematicians.

No, it hasn't. I defy you to name a mathematician that backs up what you say.
Again... you do understand that the 'Bible' (which one, there are several) is a compilation, not a monolithic work., it was written in several languages by dozens of authors. No one person, or even group of persons 'coded' the book. It's simply not true.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Bobspence

It is illogical to say "None of that proves anything about God. They are properties of Mathematically defined values."

Without reading the evidence in the books stated.

It seems that you are in error in the subject matter.
Quantum mechanics pertains to physics.
My subject is strictly Mathematics.

But thank you for your research , for you work is better than most.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Very good

Jimenezj wrote:
Very good research, but still incorrect. I will explain. Gematria has been Commonly used to encryp words or names in ancient times, but not a complete ancient book like the bible. The only ancient book that exists with 100% Gematria Is the bible, proven fact by Mathematicians.

You are on auto pilot you didn't read everything at that site, you merely passed it off.

Not only are you peddling junk, but you are turning out to be a troll.

Actually, not that I think about it, I wish your junk was true and it could have told me I would have been wasting my time responding to you right now.

But PT Barnum was a real prognosticator "There is a sucker born every minute", and he didn't write a pile of myth to tell me what you are typing is crap.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Very good

Jimenezj wrote:
Very good research, but still incorrect. I will explain. Gematria has been Commonly used to encryp words or names in ancient times, but not a complete ancient book like the bible. The only ancient book that exists with 100% Gematria Is the bible, proven fact by Mathematicians.

Plug in the Biblical value for pi and see if you get the same results. Methinks "God's formula" will be off by several decimal places.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:was a real

Brian37 wrote:

was a real prognosticator "There is a sucker born every minute", and he didn't write a pile of myth to tell me what you are typing is crap.

Reader's Digest wrote:

Myth # 1. Showman P. T. Barnum said, “There’s a sucker born every minute.”

No, he didn’t. Here’s how we fell for this misconception, according to the Barnum Museum: In 1868, a man named George Hull, of Binghamton, New York, arranged for a slab of gypsum to be carved in the shape of a huge human being, then had it treated to resemble an ossified corpse and buried it on a farm near Cardiff, New York. About a year later, the artifact was “discovered” when the owner of the farm engaged some friends to help dig a well. Newspapers everywhere picked up the story of the “Cardiff Giant,” and soon thousands of the curious were paying 50 cents apiece to view it. Hull sold part ownership to a group of investors led by a man named Hannum, who moved the giant to Syracuse and doubled the admission fee. Barnum made an offer to buy the giant but was turned down. Not to be outdone, he had a duplicate giant carved, which he exhibited, claiming Hannum had sold the original to him and had replaced it with a fake. Newspapers picked up Barnum’s version, and the crowds started coming to see his giant. It was then that Hannum—not Barnum—was quoted as saying, “There’s a sucker born every minute,” assuming his giant was real and the thousands paying to see Barnum’s fake were being ripped off. Hannum sued Barnum for calling his giant a fake. In court, the original hoax was revealed, and the judge ruled for Barnum, finding that Hull’s Cardiff Giant was a fake and Barnum was thus not guilty of anything.

Hannum and Hull have long since been forgotten, but the “sucker” quote has stuck to Barnum—who was nobody’s fool.

 

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
It's in the numbers...

Quote:
I recommend for all of you to read Number in Scripture by E.W. Bullinger.
He followed Newton study of the mathematical intelligence behind the bible.

E.W. Bulliger was also a member of the Universal Zetetic Society, or as it is known now, the Flat Earth Society...

Yep... that convinces ME he's an authority...



LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Oi vey, really Gematria? A

Oi vey, really Gematria? A pesudo-science is the proof you have? Well then other text that have it then disprove your idea, the fact that the q'uran has it, of course other gospels have it, many babylonian epics, not just gilamesh have it, it was a common literacy device used by egyptians and babylonians, and especially by jewish rabbinicle writers it dispels your whole idea, it's actually pretty stupid that you believe in such easily discredible evidence, your whole argument is basically look it uses gematria therefore god exists....is well.....really really stupid. I mean the fact that writings that precede it by hundreds of years disproves it. Your statement that none of the other ones use it entirely is still bunk because others have used it before it was used in the torah or the bible, therefore, it's bunk. try evidence of god existing, not just wild statements and faith. Trying using your brain, because so far all I see is a troll.


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
To all.

Most people believe that Gematria is the same as bible code or numerology. But all three are actualy not related.If you do the research you will find out that each one is different .

Very good research on the history of Gematria but still incorrect. I will explain. Gematria has been Commonly used to encryp words or names in ancient times as you have explained, but not a complete ancient book like the bible. The only ancient book that exists with complete 100% Gematria Is the bible, proven
fact by Mathematicians.

As for universal patterns in Nature.
This is the Fibonacci series: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, etc. It is very simply explained as each number in the series being the sum of the previous two numbers. The ratio of each successive pair of numbers (starting with 3/2) in the series approximates phi (i.e., 8 divided by 5 is 1.6). Why is this important? Because the Fibonacci series is the basis of the spiral patterns common in nature: in shells, hurricanes, whirlpools, spiral galaxies, DNA, and plant life. Phi is all around us. For example: the ratio of scales in the opposing spirals around a pine cone are 5:8; bumps on a pineapple are 8:13; seeds in a sunflower are 21:34. All of these ratios are adjacent pairs in the Fibonacci series.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Enough...

Jimenezj wrote:
Most people believe that Gematria is the same as bible code or numerology. But all three are actualy not related.If you do the research you will find out that each one is different . Very good research on the history of Gematria but still incorrect. I will explain. Gematria has been Commonly used to encryp words or names in ancient times as you have explained, but not a complete ancient book like the bible. The only ancient book that exists with complete 100% Gematria Is the bible, proven fact by Mathematicians. As for universal patterns in Nature. This is the Fibonacci series: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, etc. It is very simply explained as each number in the series being the sum of the previous two numbers. The ratio of each successive pair of numbers (starting with 3/2) in the series approximates phi (i.e., 8 divided by 5 is 1.6). Why is this important? Because the Fibonacci series is the basis of the spiral patterns common in nature: in shells, hurricanes, whirlpools, spiral galaxies, DNA, and plant life. Phi is all around us. For example: the ratio of scales in the opposing spirals around a pine cone are 5:8; bumps on a pineapple are 8:13; seeds in a sunflower are 21:34. All of these ratios are adjacent pairs in the Fibonacci series.

 

How does this in ANY WAY prove the existence of an invisible, intangible sentient being with magical powers????

You can quote numeric coincidence all you wish... it MEANS nothing.
Gematria IS FUCKING NUMEROLOGY, that's ALL it is... nothing more, just that, only that... The BIBLE as I already told you is NOT a 'complete book'... it is NOT encoded, it is a loose compilation of ancient myths, bad history, and outright lies.

You are proving yourself to be an idiot.

LC >;-}>

 

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
namho

Jimenezj wrote:
Most people believe that Gematria is the same as bible code or numerology. But all three are actualy not related.If you do the research you will find out that each one is different . Very good research on the history of Gematria but still incorrect. I will explain. Gematria has been Commonly used to encryp words or names in ancient times as you have explained, but not a complete ancient book like the bible. The only ancient book that exists with complete 100% Gematria Is the bible, proven fact by Mathematicians. As for universal patterns in Nature. This is the Fibonacci series: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, etc. It is very simply explained as each number in the series being the sum of the previous two numbers. The ratio of each successive pair of numbers (starting with 3/2) in the series approximates phi (i.e., 8 divided by 5 is 1.6). Why is this important? Because the Fibonacci series is the basis of the spiral patterns common in nature: in shells, hurricanes, whirlpools, spiral galaxies, DNA, and plant life. Phi is all around us. For example: the ratio of scales in the opposing spirals around a pine cone are 5:8; bumps on a pineapple are 8:13; seeds in a sunflower are 21:34. All of these ratios are adjacent pairs in the Fibonacci series.
Did it ever occour to you that maybe there's an evolutionary reason? That maybe the configuration is particularly useful/stable? That a ratio would identically come out even if the world was different?


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
It ain't necessarily so....

In the current issue of the College Mathematics Journal, retired mathematician Clement Falbo contends that the nautilus shell does not have a spiral shape based on the golden ratio.

In 1999, when Falbo measured nautilus shells in a collection at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, he found that the spirals of these shells could be inscribed within rectangles with sides in the ratio of about 1.33$#151; not 1.618 . . . , as they would be if a spiral based on the golden ratio matched the shell shape.

Roughly speaking, the spiral of the chambered nautilus triples in radius with each full turn whereas a golden-ratio spiral grows by a factor of about 6.85 per full turn.

The measured ratios ranged from 1.24 to 1.43. "It seems highly unlikely that there exists any nautilus shell that is within 2 percent of the golden ratio, and even if one were to be found, I think it would be rare rather than typical," Falbo concludes.

In a 2002 article in the online Nexus Network Journal (see http://www.nexusjournal.com/Sharp_v4n1-pt04.html), John Sharp pointed out the same problem. Starting with the observation that shell spirals are logarithmic spirals, many people automatically assume that, because the golden ratio can be used to draw a logarithmic spiral, all shell spirals are related to the golden ratio, when, in fact, they are not.

 

Just sayin'

 

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2482
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
I see you are making the

I see you are making the rounds with your special knowledge.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-10108.html

Do you have some need to be bitch-slapped by the many?

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:I

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

I see you are making the rounds with your special knowledge.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-10108.html

Do you have some need to be bitch-slapped by the many?

The great thing about banging your head against the wall is when you stop.

But theists love the martyrdom complex so much they get stuck on their myth like a broken record.

And the show is not for us, but a ploy to other gullible people to say "Look at what those evil zoo animals are doing to me".

They can bang their head against the wall all they want. When you sell a flat earth in the age of science you are going to get your claims bitch slapped.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Louis

You are wrong again.
The variations from 1.2 to 1.4 may be due to the shell not being cut exactly along a central plane to produce the cross-section , therefore human error in the process of calculation. Very good research , but still incorrect. 

If you look at the numbers 1.2 to 1.4 for the final of 1.6 . It is off by fractions and therefore again human error in the process.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:You are wrong

Jimenezj wrote:
You are wrong again. The variations from 1.2 to 1.4 may be due to the shell not being cut exactly along a central plane to produce the cross-section , therefore human error in the process of calculation. Very good research , but still incorrect.  If you look at the numbers 1.2 to 1.4 for the final of 1.6 . It is off by fractions and therefore again human error in the process.

Humans wrote the Bible. Again, human error enters the process.

Does the Gematria formula work as well with the Biblical designation of 3? You like to run from this.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
No

Jimenezj wrote:
You are wrong again. The variations from 1.2 to 1.4 may be due to the shell not being cut exactly along a central plane to produce the cross-section , therefore human error in the process of calculation. Very good research , but still incorrect.  If you look at the numbers 1.2 to 1.4 for the final of 1.6 . It is off by fractions and therefore again human error in the process.

 

No dumb ass. There are several articles, all from separate authors, all mathematicians, all with the same result. You are stupidly trying to assert a mechanical error, which you have simply pulled out of your ass to further your delusion. The numbers don't lie, nor does the number of samples taken which PRECLUDE a repetitive mechanical error.

Your little fantasy is just that, a fantasy.

 

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Yes, I will explain.

1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653...

If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise.

In conclusion: A repeated mathematical pattern found in nature as in the examples of fibonacci series and Phi is not an accident. nature and the universe seems to obey 'mathematical rules' rather than acting whimsically. In other words, it seems that natural laws can be expressed in terms of mathematics. The level of order is too sophisticated for random cause. The pattern that are often revealed in Nature, DNA, the bible and the universe are too precise. only intelligence produces precise mathematical repeated pattern. This mathematical subject is very interesting and a further observation is required. But without the Proper education, people will not understand. Is is our duty as human beings to look at all the evidence that supports an intelligent being. 

I believe that the greatest enemy of the church Is not the Atheist, but the church itself. For the Atheist searches for answers to the truth using logical facts and evidence.

I wish you all the best in your search for truth. Once again, I believe i have made my point. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Please do not reply, I will not be answering anymore questions. If you need more answers, read the mathematical perfection called the bible.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
The Smell of Troll Shit...

Since no human being can be this stupid and still punch the keyboard in a sequential manner, I'm suspecting that we have a garden variety Troll in our midst.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote: 1 Kings

Jimenezj wrote:
1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653... If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise. In conclusion: A repeated mathematical pattern found in nature as in the examples of fibonacci series and Phi is not an accident. nature and the universe seems to obey 'mathematical rules' rather than acting whimsically. In other words, it seems that natural laws can be expressed in terms of mathematics. The level of order is too sophisticated for random cause. The pattern that are often revealed in Nature, DNA, the bible and the universe are too precise. only intelligence produces precise mathematical repeated pattern. This mathematical subject is very interesting and a further observation is required. But without the Proper education, people will not understand. Is is our duty as human beings to look at all the evidence that supports an intelligent being.  I believe that the greatest enemy of the church Is not the Atheist, but the church itself. For the Atheist searches for answers to the truth using logical facts and evidence. I wish you all the best in your search for truth. Once again, I believe i have made my point. Merry Christmas and God Bless. Please do not reply, I will not be answering anymore questions. If you need more answers, read the mathematical perfection called the bible.

after he has been owned repeatedly he decides to run...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly

Does the Gematria formula work as well with the Biblical designation of 3? You like to run from this.

Yes, I will explain.

1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653...

If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise.

In conclusion: A repeated mathematical pattern found in nature as in the examples of fibonacci series and Phi is not an accident. nature and the universe seems to obey 'mathematical rules' rather than acting whimsically. In other words, it seems that natural laws can be expressed in terms of mathematics. The level of order is too sophisticated for random cause. The pattern that are often revealed in Nature, DNA, the bible and the universe are too precise. only intelligence produces precise mathematical repeated pattern. This mathematical subject is very interesting and a further observation is required. But without the Proper education, people will not understand. Is is our duty as human beings to look at all the evidence that supports an intelligent being. 

I believe that the greatest enemy of the church Is not the Atheist, but the church itself. For the Atheist searches for answers to the truth using logical facts and evidence.

I wish you all the best in your search for truth. Once again, I believe i have made my point. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Please do not reply, I will not be answering anymore questions. If you need more answers, read the mathematical perfection called the bible.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote: 1 Kings

Jimenezj wrote:
1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653... If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise. In conclusion: A repeated mathematical pattern found in nature as in the examples of fibonacci series and Phi is not an accident. nature and the universe seems to obey 'mathematical rules' rather than acting whimsically. In other words, it seems that natural laws can be expressed in terms of mathematics. The level of order is too sophisticated for random cause. The pattern that are often revealed in Nature, DNA, the bible and the universe are too precise. only intelligence produces precise mathematical repeated pattern. This mathematical subject is very interesting and a further observation is required. But without the Proper education, people will not understand. Is is our duty as human beings to look at all the evidence that supports an intelligent being.  I believe that the greatest enemy of the church Is not the Atheist, but the church itself. For the Atheist searches for answers to the truth using logical facts and evidence. I wish you all the best in your search for truth. Once again, I believe i have made my point. Merry Christmas and God Bless. Please do not reply, I will not be answering anymore questions. If you need more answers, read the mathematical perfection called the bible.

 

Again, you REALLY need to invest in a calculator...
.141592653 is 4.7% off, a SIGNIFICANT error.

Further, you have been shown that the assumption that the golden section as it is known is followed in nature is an illusion, a false assumption made by people who never did the ACTUAL measurements.

Finally, the existence of order and mathematics in no way, shape or form give evidence for your invisible, intangible friend...

 

LC >;-}>

 

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:after he has been

Quote:
after he has been owned repeatedly he decides to run...

leaving a trail of troll shit behind him.

 

LC >;-}>

 

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:jcgadfly

Jimenezj wrote:
jcgadfly Does the Gematria formula work as well with the Biblical designation of 3? You like to run from this. Yes, I will explain. 1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653... If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise. In conclusion: A repeated mathematical pattern found in nature as in the examples of fibonacci series and Phi is not an accident. nature and the universe seems to obey 'mathematical rules' rather than acting whimsically. In other words, it seems that natural laws can be expressed in terms of mathematics. The level of order is too sophisticated for random cause. The pattern that are often revealed in Nature, DNA, the bible and the universe are too precise. only intelligence produces precise mathematical repeated pattern. This mathematical subject is very interesting and a further observation is required. But without the Proper education, people will not understand. Is is our duty as human beings to look at all the evidence that supports an intelligent being.  I believe that the greatest enemy of the church Is not the Atheist, but the church itself. For the Atheist searches for answers to the truth using logical facts and evidence. I wish you all the best in your search for truth. Once again, I believe i have made my point. Merry Christmas and God Bless. Please do not reply, I will not be answering anymore questions. If you need more answers, read the mathematical perfection called the bible.

If I wanted to believe this claptrap, which I don't, it still does not explain HOW a baby can be born without a second set of DNA. It still would not explain how human flesh survives rigor mortis.

If you accept "poof" as your answer, I feel sorry for you. But "poof" is the same cop out explanation Jews and Muslims and Hindus and Mormons use.

I can also type "HELLO" in a standard calculator. That would only mean I have an imagination, it would not make me a genius.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:Jimenezj

Louis_Cypher wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653... If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise. In conclusion: A repeated mathematical pattern found in nature as in the examples of fibonacci series and Phi is not an accident. nature and the universe seems to obey 'mathematical rules' rather than acting whimsically. In other words, it seems that natural laws can be expressed in terms of mathematics. The level of order is too sophisticated for random cause. The pattern that are often revealed in Nature, DNA, the bible and the universe are too precise. only intelligence produces precise mathematical repeated pattern. This mathematical subject is very interesting and a further observation is required. But without the Proper education, people will not understand. Is is our duty as human beings to look at all the evidence that supports an intelligent being.  I believe that the greatest enemy of the church Is not the Atheist, but the church itself. For the Atheist searches for answers to the truth using logical facts and evidence. I wish you all the best in your search for truth. Once again, I believe i have made my point. Merry Christmas and God Bless. Please do not reply, I will not be answering anymore questions. If you need more answers, read the mathematical perfection called the bible.

 

Again, you REALLY need to invest in a calculator...
.141592653 is 4.7% off, a SIGNIFICANT error.

Further, you have been shown that the assumption that the golden section as it is known is followed in nature is an illusion, a false assumption made by people who never did the ACTUAL measurements.

Finally, the existence of order and mathematics in no way, shape or form give evidence for your invisible, intangible friend...

 

LC >;-}>

 

you'd think divine precision would leave zero error...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2482
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:If you look

Jimenezj wrote:

If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent.

Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent.

 

Think about how dumb you really look from this - 1% 0f 3.141592653 is .03141592653

It is about 5%, actually 4.50703412693523 %

Someone playing at math can't even determine that this is about 5% therefore a significant error.

So your bible is based on significant errors.

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
To all, one last time.

Again, you REALLY need to invest in a calculator...
.141592653 is 4.7% off, a SIGNIFICANT error.

Think about how dumb you really look from this - 1% 0f 3.141592653 is .03141592653
It is about 5%, actually 4.50703412693523 %

I'm sorry but you are wrong again.I will explain one last time. 
Remember, the bible equals 3. And pi π is a never ending number.

Since pi (3.141592653... Pay attention to the dots that signify, never ending)

π is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently,

 its decimal representation never ends and never repeats.

Throughout the history of mathematics, there has been much effort to determine π more accurately and to understand its nature; fascination with the number has even carried over into non-mathematical culture. Perhaps because of the simplicity of its definition, π has become more entrenched in popular culture than almost any other mathematical concept,and is firm common ground between mathematicians and non-mathematicians.Reports on the latest, most-precise calculation of π are common news items; the record as of September 2011, if verified, stands at 5 trillion decimal digits.

Therefore the closest we can say is, less than one percent, if the bible equals 3.

This conversation is officially over.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
Posts: 529
Joined: 2008-03-22
User is offlineOffline
No bitch, it ain't over till WE say it's over.

Jimenezj wrote:
Again, you REALLY need to invest in a calculator... .141592653 is 4.7% off, a SIGNIFICANT error. Think about how dumb you really look from this - 1% 0f 3.141592653 is .03141592653 It is about 5%, actually 4.50703412693523 % I'm sorry but you are wrong again.I will explain one last time.  Remember, the bible equals 3. And pi π is a never ending number. Since pi (3.141592653... Pay attention to the dots that signify, never ending) π is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently,  its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. Throughout the history of mathematics, there has been much effort to determine π more accurately and to understand its nature; fascination with the number has even carried over into non-mathematical culture. Perhaps because of the simplicity of its definition, π has become more entrenched in popular culture than almost any other mathematical concept,and is firm common ground between mathematicians and non-mathematicians.Reports on the latest, most-precise calculation of π are common news items; the record as of September 2011, if verified, stands at 5 trillion decimal digits. Therefore the closest we can say is, less than one percent, if the bible equals 3. This conversation is officially over.

 

Since you are too fucking stupid to do basic mathematics, I'll do it for you.
 

.141592653 / 3 = 0.047197551 or 4.7197551%

Simply because it is irrational doesn't mean you can round it off to 3.

Say one wants to build a steel tank, 10' in diameter and you need to know how much metal plate you need to purchase.

 

The radius of the above is 5'

the equation would be 3.141592653 * 5^2 = 78.65 linear feet of steel...

If I used the Biblical value, I'd get 3 * 5^2 = 75 linear feet. Almost four feet short. and that's just on a 10 foot wide diameter.

Care to try and figure out the circumference of the earth? wanna bet the miss would be more than a few feet?

 

LC >;-}>

 


 

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2482
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Hopefully you don't have a job that involves math

Jimenezj wrote:
Again, you REALLY need to invest in a calculator... .141592653 is 4.7% off, a SIGNIFICANT error. Think about how dumb you really look from this - 1% 0f 3.141592653 is .03141592653 It is about 5%, actually 4.50703412693523 % I'm sorry but you are wrong again.I will explain one last time.  Remember, the bible equals 3. And pi π is a never ending number. Since pi (3.141592653... Pay attention to the dots that signify, never ending) π is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently,  its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. Throughout the history of mathematics, there has been much effort to determine π more accurately and to understand its nature; fascination with the number has even carried over into non-mathematical culture. Perhaps because of the simplicity of its definition, π has become more entrenched in popular culture than almost any other mathematical concept,and is firm common ground between mathematicians and non-mathematicians.Reports on the latest, most-precise calculation of π are common news items; the record as of September 2011, if verified, stands at 5 trillion decimal digits. Therefore the closest we can say is, less than one percent, if the bible equals 3. This conversation is officially over.

Whether one figures the error from the correct value of pi of 3.141592653 as .141592653/3.141592653 =  0.450703412693523 or 4.50703412693523 %

or from the claimed number of 3 for pi from the book of story tales as .141592653 / 3 = 0.047197551 or 4.7197551%

It's not 1% in error. It is nearly 5% in error.

You have shown your brilliance in math.

Not so much.

Please don't ever do anything of importance using math. Also pay attention in your 4th grade math class next time before you post your ignorance.

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


NMCP (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:1 Kings 7:23

Jimenezj wrote:
1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653... If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise.

 

Bwahaha indeed.

OMG milk just shot out of nose. 
Hey why didn't your god write a verse that said:

And god says pi = 3.1415...

And so what if it did? It would just show someone back in the day had a brain and some time, which many did. 

 

Or why didn't he write in the bible:

E = MC2

 or

Light travels at 299 792 458 kilometers an hour

Now that would have been impressive.

 

Why, beacesue he's so mystyerious he encripted his math obscurely for you to find? 

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

I'm sorry my fucking eyes are watering.

 

Brilliant.

 

Just when i thought I have heard all the theistic garbage they spew, you come with this...Poor math done in the bible, codes that can be encripted if your bonkers.   As hitchens use to say:

 

"No I don't ever get tired of debating theists, because you never know what the hell their going to say next."

 

3=3.1415926535...  sure it does, close enough for you god, haha.

 

And this is divine knowledge? averaging pi out at 3,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHABWAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHABWAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

 

I'm sorry, seriously??

 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHABWAHAH

 

 


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Troll or hopeless.  

Troll or hopeless.   Either way I'm not talking to it anymore.   It's more constructive to discuss political theory with my house cat.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


NMCP (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:1 Kings 7:23

Jimenezj wrote:
1 Kings 7:23 writes: "He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it." We know that circumference = pi times diameter. So from 1 Kings 7:23 we produce 30 = pi(10). Solving for pi we get 3. Since pi actually equals 3.141592653... If you look at the numbers, you will see that it is off by .141592653...which is less than one percent. Therefore the error in the bible is less than one percent. Making it divine and precise.

 

Bwahaha indeed.

OMG milk just shot out of nose. 
Hey why didn't your god write a verse that said:

And god says pi = 3.1415...

And so what if it did? It would just show someone back in the day had a brain and some time, which many did. 

 

Or why didn't he write in the bible:

E = MC2

 or

Light travels at 299 792 458 kilometers an hour

Now that would have been impressive.

 

Why, beacesue he's so mystyerious he encripted his math obscurely for you to find? 

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

I'm sorry my fucking eyes are watering.

 

Brilliant.

 

Just when i thought I have heard all the theistic garbage they spew, you come with this...Poor math done in the bible, codes that can be encripted if your bonkers.   As hitchens use to say:

 

"No I don't ever get tired of debating theists, because you never know what the hell their going to say next."

 

3=3.1415926535...  sure it does.

 

And this is divine knowledge? averaging pi out at 3,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHABWAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHABWAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

 

I'm sorry, seriously??

 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHABWAHAH

 

 


moxia19
moxia19's picture
Posts: 6
Joined: 2011-09-29
User is offlineOffline
spam

## mod edit spam

 



Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Calculation for 3.141592653

Im sorry, I believe I have made a mistake. My calculations at first were made in my head. my result approximation was less than one percent. After redoing it on a calculator, I found out it is actually one percent (1%) after rounding off to the nearest tenth or pi =3.1 instead of pi=3.141592653 

So in reality we were all wrong.

How I did it:

If the bible  = 3.1  
then you divide 3.1 by 100= .031 or one percent 
.031 x 99 = 3.069
3.069 (99%)  + .031 (1%) = 3.1 or 100% bible

Therefore the bible equals 99% correct. off by 1% if the bible =3 and pi = 3.1

If you recalculate by rounding off to the nearest hundreth and thousandth, you will get an approximation of 1 to 3 percent.
Again sorry for the confusion. 

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God.