Why the bible is the word of God. 

Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Why the bible is the word of God. 

Mathematicians have discovered that The bible is written in a mathematical pattern called Gematria and is encrypted  unlike any other book in history. A universal language based on mathematics. 

God's universal Language is the bible. 

God created everything by number, weight and measure.
Isaac Newton

Mathematics is a universal language and a language by which God speaks. It is a fact that mathematicians like   
Isaac Newton and theologians like E.W. Bullinger discovered the bible  to be written in a intelligent mathematical Design far superior to man's capability. Today, the requirement of computers is needed to reveal the hidden truth. A study was done at the university of Jerusalem that gives proof to the discovery by Mathematicians. 

Galileo Galilei  said, 'The universe cannot be read until we have learned the language and become familiar with the characters in which it is written. It is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word. Without these, one is wandering about in a dark labyrinth'.

Mathematicians like  Euler and Borel used their mathematical expertise to discover God and were somewhat successful. But they were no were near as successful as Isaac newton and Bullinger. 
1. Leonhard Euler: formula( ei*pi + 1 = 0 ) also know as "God’s formula".
2. Borel, Emil :Probability and Life formula

Mathematical signatures or patterns are inherent to the very structure of nature and the universe. While we use our language of mathematics to describe these patterns and all of the precise fine-tuning found in the universe, the mathematical ratios themselves seem to be design evidences: a universal language, unchanging throughout time or place; too precise and nonrandom to be products of chance.

These are just a few examples of Mathematics and God: Φ=Phi  = (1.6180339887...) is a number found in universal pattern an a irrational number like pi.pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter (3.141592653...) pi= π   is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently, its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. π is also a transcendental number, which implies, among other things, that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on integers (powers, roots, sums, etc.) can render its value; proving this fact was a significant mathematical achievement of the 19th century. Phi and pi are both ratios defined by particular Euclidean geometries, with phi being the division of a line "so that the ratio of the lesser part to the greater part is the same as the ratio of the greater part to the whole." Phi's abundance in the universe has earned it names such as the Golden Section, the Divine Proportion, the Golden Ratio, and the Golden Mean. This ratio phi can be found in many natural constructs such as in human and animal proportions (i.e., the arrangement of physical features). Phi relationships can be found in DNA, among the planets of the Solar System (as in Kepler's Laws), and so on.

I recommend for all of you to read Number in Scripture by E.W. Bullinger.
He followed Newton study of the mathematical intelligence behind the bible.

Another good book on the subject is :

The Signature of God 
By Grant R. Jeffrey
  
The laws of mathematics (a universal language)  proves the existence of a intelligent being we humans call God. 

God Bless.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:you said; 95

Jimenezj wrote:
you said; 95 percent correct? About what? history? Nope, creations of the universe? Nope, how mankind came to be? read #63 answers for your questions.

Oh boy I mean history as in historical facts that are stated in the bible, which are erroneous, events that are stated to have occurred yet never did occur, those are historical inaccuracies. As for Phi, it is already being used by the egyptians, before the jews even wrote a word of the torah. Since genesis is believed to have been written sometime around 6th or 5th century BCE. Again using knowledge by other people before doesn't make god real, if however it wrote something down before it was known ok, however phi and Pi were already known or being studied at the time. Now to the historical problems such as the exodus of the jews from egypt, which there is no historical backing for the amount of jews leaving or even them wandering the desert for so long, the problem with the death of the first borns of the pharos, or the massacre of children under age 2 by king herod, which again no historical evidence that it happened, the conquests of David and Solomon are not mentioned in contemporary history of the time. Then Joshua's entrance to Canaan, Jericho wasn't even standing at the time it was abandoned centuries before and was rebuilt centuries after, there is also no evidence that a slaughter happened there at all. Luke 2:1 stating the Caesar Augustus decree that everyone go back to their ancestral home for a census, doesn't appear in any roman documents and isn't mentioned by any contemporary historian of the time. That is just a bit of the historical problems the bible/torah have. As such you quite well at ignoring everything else that we point out to you to the problems with your statements. Your math is bad, your history is even worse, and your ability to ignore reality is amazing.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote: If you do

Jimenezj wrote:
If you do the research, you will find out that I am correct. The Elba tablets pre dates the Sumerian creation story by about 600 years. Making the Sumerian tablets inaccurate compared to the Hebrew and Elba creation story.  Have you looked at the evidence of universal order and the bible.  Go to www.goldennumber.net and read under theology. 

How embarrassing for you, using wikipedia for the Elba tablets and not reading the entire article, which states " However, much of the initial media excitement about supposed Eblaite connections with the Bible, based on preliminary guesses and speculations by Pettinato and others, is now widely deplored as generated by "exceptional and unsubstantiated claims" and "great amounts of disinformation that leaked to the public" The present consensus is that Ebla's role in biblical archaeology, strictly speaking, is minimal. Seriously do you not read the stuff you post before you post it. Do you not read the entire article? So what do they have to do in regards to the accuracy of the bible?

 


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote: Remember,

Jimenezj wrote:
Remember, numbers do not lie, only people. This conversation is over.please do not reply.I will not be answering anymore questions.

Ok first never tell any of us not to respond, it is a free forum and we shall respond as we please. the only reason to end the conversation on your behave is because your getting your ass handed to you because we don't believe in your number mumbo jumbo crap. As for the numbers, Phi number used currently isn't found until 1507 and the math works everytime, even worse your divine creator sucks at math, if using his number we would have massive errors in creation, as such it shows that man is simply inputting the numbers in literature but doesn't understand the meaning behind those numbers or the reasons they are used, even worse it they are not using the correct numbers, which if a divine creator reveled this to them, should have given them the right number be it pi or phi, as such, it is not the right number, which shows it is all written by man because of the errors. Not some god being. What type of god has it's math corrected by mere humans? great god that you have, really bad at math....forget the rest of the historical errors.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Last time I will ask you to actually quote the translated text

Jimenezj wrote:

 

You cannot provide evidence for the Sumerian creation tablets that predates the Ebla tablets because they do not exist.

 *****Beats head on wall ********

 

This one has issues in comprehension.

 

******beats head on wall again******

 

 

Jimenezj wrote:

Dr. Pettinato was the first to translate the tablets, and it was he who came to the conclusion that the tablets fell in line with the Hebrew version.

I know, but he's been discredited.

"Professor Archi disagrees with Professor Pettinato’s Biblical connections.

Dr. Alfonso Archi of the University of Rome’s Institute of Near Eastern Studies and the new chief epigrapher of the Italian Mission to Ebla, has vigorously disputed the conclusions of his predecessor, Dr. Giovanni Pettinato, linking the Ebla tablets to the Bible. Following a bitter personal and scholarly dispute with chief archaeologist Paolo Matthiae, Pettinato severed all connections with the Italian Ebla Mission and with the committee appointed by Matthiae to publish the tablets. Archi was chosen to replace Pettinato and, in the course of his tenure with the Committee, has disagreed with many of Pettinato’s interpretations of the Ebla tablets. Writing in the Italian journal Biblica,a Archi provides his point-by-point refutation of some of Pettinato’s claims." from - http://members.bib-arch.org/publication.asp?PubID=BSBA&Volume=6&Issue=3&ArticleID=3 So the Ebla scholars have completely discredited Dr. Pettinato yet you grasp to his errors like stickem.   
Jimenezj wrote:

 

He was well qualified to make that conclusion compared with the other translators that followed.

And why do you think that? You think you  know better than the Ebla scholars that actually have the tablets?

Jimenezj wrote:

You can read about it on the internet under Bar 6:06 by Dr. Pettinato. Dr. Pettinato wrote a number of books and articles regarding his conclusion.

I know. See above. Why not look at what the rest of the team argues as well as his replacement on the team.

Jimenezj wrote:

Perhaps you may want to read some of his works and compare them to your versions.

I have.

Jimenezj wrote:

Your links that you provided are comments by people who were not even experts in the language of the tablets or Epigraphy.

What part of the title did you not understand? - "Ur and Jerusalem Not Mentioned in Ebla Tablets, Say Ebla Expedition Scholars, James D. Muhly, BAR 9:06, Nov/Dec 1983"

Because they don't agree with your desire.

The other link was filled with references of scholars who were or are involved.

 

Jimenezj wrote:

I gave you evidence in universal order using Phi.

You already have demonstrated that 3rd graders are far more advanced in mathematics then you are.

Jimenezj wrote:

I gave you a website full of evidence for the universe , the bible, and nature using Phi.

Plus, I'm not arguing with you on the Phi BS, take it up with someone who cares to play with you in that area.

I don't see anything in your argument worth my time. You make assertions and can't follow through except with insane ideas as you more than adequately showed with Pi and per cent error.

Jimenezj wrote:

I gave historical creation evidence found at Ebla that predates (2500BC) any other creation tablets. I gave you historical proof by the first translator of the tablets (Bar 6:06). It is up to you what you make of it.

You have not given any text at all but the wild claims that float about Christian websites.

Jimenezj wrote:

Happy New year to all of you. Remember, numbers do not lie, only people. This conversation is over.please do not reply.I will not be answering anymore questions.

I'll reply if I so choose. And I so did.

Feliz Año Nuevo.

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13654
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
To Jim,You wont answer any

To Jim,

You wont answer any more questions because you had your ass handed to you with your phony junk science.

Now unfortunately what I highly suspect is that you will try to find less educated people or more desperate people somewhere else on the net to try to peddle this crap to.

What you will not ever be able to do is go into any serious science classroom and have this crap taken seriously. The only way you can sell it is by look for gullible people like you to sell it to.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


TheFallenAngel
TheFallenAngel's picture
Posts: 11
Joined: 2012-01-13
User is offlineOffline
              

                                                                                                        

Oh i feel sorry for you mate, I really do.


devilsadvoc8
devilsadvoc8's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2008-04-05
User is offlineOffline
 I can't believe this

 I can't believe this thread has gotten this far.  Man, this troll has gotten all of you to bite, hook line & sinker.  If he isn't a troll, he is one of the dumbest and deluded morons I've ever encountered.  

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchins


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj

Jimenezj,

Congratulation. Looks like you've proven beyond any doubt that God exists and he wrote the bible. We don't need faith any more to believe.

Oh but then the bible says God is only pleased by faith. You're only saved by faith. But you don't have any faith, you have scientific proof. So you're going to hell like the rest of us for you lack of faith.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13654
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jimenezj wrote:Prove me

Jimenezj wrote:
Prove me wrong using logical facts and evidence on the subject. To talk about Muslims is out of context. I'm sure you have some good arguments against my proof.

Invisible friends are what kids have while playing by themselves in the sandbox. I outgrew mine. You haven't outgrown yours.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 842
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
OK but

Jimenezj wrote:
Mathematicians have discovered that The bible is written in a mathematical pattern called Gematria and is encrypted  unlike any other book in history. A universal language based on mathematics.  God's universal Language is the bible.  God created everything by number, weight and measure. Isaac Newton Mathematics is a universal language and a language by which God speaks. It is a fact that mathematicians like    Isaac Newton and theologians like E.W. Bullinger discovered the bible  to be written in a intelligent mathematical Design far superior to man's capability. Today, the requirement of computers is needed to reveal the hidden truth. A study was done at the university of Jerusalem that gives proof to the discovery by Mathematicians.  Galileo Galilei  said, 'The universe cannot be read until we have learned the language and become familiar with the characters in which it is written. It is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word. Without these, one is wandering about in a dark labyrinth'. Mathematicians like  Euler and Borel used their mathematical expertise to discover God and were somewhat successful. But they were no were near as successful as Isaac newton and Bullinger.  1. Leonhard Euler: formula( ei*pi + 1 = 0 ) also know as "God’s formula". 2. Borel, Emil :Probability and Life formula Mathematical signatures or patterns are inherent to the very structure of nature and the universe. While we use our language of mathematics to describe these patterns and all of the precise fine-tuning found in the universe, the mathematical ratios themselves seem to be design evidences: a universal language, unchanging throughout time or place; too precise and nonrandom to be products of chance. These are just a few examples of Mathematics and God: Φ=Phi  = (1.6180339887...) is a number found in universal pattern an a irrational number like pi.pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter (3.141592653...) pi= π   is an irrational number, which means that its value cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction having integers in both the numerator and denominator (unlike 22/7). Consequently, its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. π is also a transcendental number, which implies, among other things, that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on integers (powers, roots, sums, etc.) can render its value; proving this fact was a significant mathematical achievement of the 19th century. Phi and pi are both ratios defined by particular Euclidean geometries, with phi being the division of a line "so that the ratio of the lesser part to the greater part is the same as the ratio of the greater part to the whole." Phi's abundance in the universe has earned it names such as the Golden Section, the Divine Proportion, the Golden Ratio, and the Golden Mean. This ratio phi can be found in many natural constructs such as in human and animal proportions (i.e., the arrangement of physical features). Phi relationships can be found in DNA, among the planets of the Solar System (as in Kepler's Laws), and so on. I recommend for all of you to read Number in Scripture by E.W. Bullinger. He followed Newton study of the mathematical intelligence behind the bible. Another good book on the subject is : The Signature of God  By Grant R. Jeffrey    The laws of mathematics (a universal language)  proves the existence of a intelligent being we humans call God.  God Bless.

from all of that you should be able to produce a mathematical equation for God, right????. Considering (in our understanding) that "God" isn't a physical or material construction how would one produce a number that has no weight, mass or density. That means that God = zero, which also means that a kind of god you are referring to does not exist---I agree.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 842
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Why not look

Jimenezj wrote:
Prove me wrong using logical facts and evidence on the subject. To talk about Muslims is out of context. I'm sure you have some good arguments against my proof.

At Creation as a non-material construction-such as, earth=soul, waters=mind/thought/mentality. Greater light=knowledge of what is human. Lessor light=knowledge of what is animal/non-human. Creeping thing=catlike/predator. And that kind of thing. Then you'll begin to understand yourself---like I understand you, What you see in creation = everyone. From creation you'll then know everyone---by their fruits you will know them. (I think that's in the book somewhere).

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:HumanVuvuzela

Ktulu wrote:

HumanVuvuzela wrote:

Hey look. There could be an element of truth to this.

Post #63, divided by phi (1.618) is 38.936, which using Jimenezj's mathematical approximations is equal to post #39. 

Post #39 gives us:

Louis_Cypher wrote:

leaving a trail of troll shit behind him.

See? It all makes sense! 

+1

SPEW!

+10

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
devilsadvoc8 wrote: I can't

devilsadvoc8 wrote:

 I can't believe this thread has gotten this far.  Man, this troll has gotten all of you to bite, hook line & sinker.  If he isn't a troll, he is one of the dumbest and deluded morons I've ever encountered.  

Not really, just very poorly educated about statistics.

What the "Bible Code" people don't get is that if you take a large enough collection of text, you can find just about anything you want if you start applying random "rules" about how you get whatever it is you want.

Consider this handy web page with 10,000 digits of PI on it -- http://www.math.utah.edu/~pa/math/pi.html

There are approximately 2,000 groupings of 5 digits each, which means that the odds of finding a given 5 digit number are about 1 in 50.  But if you increase that to 300,000 digits -- less total information than in the Torah -- the odds become better than unity.

There is a reason that Jewish prophets had to make =specific= prophecies that were =testable=, and it was to avoid the "good enough for government work" problem.  In Judaism, prophecy requires the accuracy of horseshoes, not hand grenades and certainly not thermonuclear devices.  And that's what "Bible Codes" are -- the accuracy of a very large yield Teller-Ulam device ...

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13654
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

devilsadvoc8 wrote:

 I can't believe this thread has gotten this far.  Man, this troll has gotten all of you to bite, hook line & sinker.  If he isn't a troll, he is one of the dumbest and deluded morons I've ever encountered.  

Not really, just very poorly educated about statistics.

What the "Bible Code" people don't get is that if you take a large enough collection of text, you can find just about anything you want if you start applying random "rules" about how you get whatever it is you want.

Consider this handy web page with 10,000 digits of PI on it -- http://www.math.utah.edu/~pa/math/pi.html

There are approximately 2,000 groupings of 5 digits each, which means that the odds of finding a given 5 digit number are about 1 in 50.  But if you increase that to 300,000 digits -- less total information than in the Torah -- the odds become better than unity.

There is a reason that Jewish prophets had to make =specific= prophecies that were =testable=, and it was to avoid the "good enough for government work" problem.  In Judaism, prophecy requires the accuracy of horseshoes, not hand grenades and certainly not thermonuclear devices.  And that's what "Bible Codes" are -- the accuracy of a very large yield Teller-Ulam device ...

*cough cough* Pot meet kettle.

Yea, your Jewish invisible friend is so much more real than all the others.

Hate to burst your bubble there Furry, but your texts and your claimed prophecies are just as made up and fiction as any Christian prophecy.

"I'm not like the others" "Those Christians have nutty beliefs".

You should talk, you have an invisible friend too.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

FurryCatHerder wrote:
Not really, just very poorly educated about statistics.

What the "Bible Code" people don't get is that if you take a large enough collection of text, you can find just about anything you want if you start applying random "rules" about how you get whatever it is you want.

Consider this handy web page with 10,000 digits of PI on it -- http://www.math.utah.edu/~pa/math/pi.html

There are approximately 2,000 groupings of 5 digits each, which means that the odds of finding a given 5 digit number are about 1 in 50.  But if you increase that to 300,000 digits -- less total information than in the Torah -- the odds become better than unity.

There is a reason that Jewish prophets had to make =specific= prophecies that were =testable=, and it was to avoid the "good enough for government work" problem.  In Judaism, prophecy requires the accuracy of horseshoes, not hand grenades and certainly not thermonuclear devices.  And that's what "Bible Codes" are -- the accuracy of a very large yield Teller-Ulam device ...

All successful prophecies are made the same way, after the fact. That is how the Book of Daniel is dated to the time of the Septuagint as is the Letter of Aristeas and all of them also in Greek. Odd coincidence that. You seem to attract them.

Of course there are always people so stupid and so deluded (both are required) as to think predicting the future is not only possible but has also been done and recorded in books without provenence.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

In Judaism , the Jews believe in one God and only one .
Yet your own Torah contradicts your belief in the very first book (Genesis)
Were God is identified as Elohim, which means more than one. Why is that ? Can you explain this contradiction?

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:In Judaism ,

Jimenezj wrote:
In Judaism , the Jews believe in one God and only one . Yet your own Torah contradicts your belief in the very first book (Genesis) Were God is identified as Elohim, which means more than one. Why is that ? Can you explain this contradiction?

For the same reason that the Christians believe in the Trinity - polytheism.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
JC

If that is true than what is

1 by the power of 3 equal?

It equals 1.

therefore the trinity is
monotheist.

Do you know the origin if polytheism ?

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:If that is

Jimenezj wrote:
If that is true than what is 1 by the power of 3 equal? It equals 1. therefore the trinity is monotheist. Do you know the origin if polytheism ?

Someone remind me... why is any of this relevant?

As in "court of American law" relevant. Where is the basis of "discovery" for things like "Eschatology", "Astrology", "Liturgy", 'Silver ceremonial hammer on dead idiot's head', Crucifix, Virgin Birth, torture of scientists, Age of Consent at Age 12, "Catholik Ecclesiastes" (or whatever latin nonsense that garbage comes in), etc...?

 

By 2013, "All bets are off" is all I have to say to the Vatican. Goodbye nonsecular Occident, one way or another.

Departed wrote:

  • 00:46:41 You recall our chat?

  • 00:46:44 Little boys...

  • 00:46:47 ...sucking on their peckers, et cetera and so forth...

  • 00:46:52 "I am as God made me." Was that your rationale?

  • 00:46:56 May I remind you, in this archdiocese, God don't run the bingo.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


HumanVuvuzela
atheistSilver Member
HumanVuvuzela's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2011-04-24
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:If that is

Jimenezj wrote:
If that is true than what is 1 by the power of 3 equal? It equals 1. therefore the trinity is monotheist. Do you know the origin if polytheism ?

And what is 1 to the power of 0? Also 1. What does this prove about the existence of god? Absolutely nothing. 

Trying to use mathematics to justify your belief in god is making you look like a fool. 

 


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Human V.

My point is ,
that just Like it is possible to have 1 to the power
Of 3 equal 1, so to it is possible to have the trinity
Equal 1. It is only common sence .

Therefore, Mathematics allows for the possibility of a God.
Read the book principia by isaac newton .

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1230
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Im sorry, I

Jimenezj wrote:
Im sorry, I believe I have made a mistake.

Based on faith, or evidence?

Jimenezj wrote:
My calculations at first were made in my head.

So was your god.

Jimenezj wrote:
If the bible = 3.1

then you divide 3.1 by 100= .031 or one percent

.031 x 99 = 3.069

3.069 (99%) + .031 (1%) = 3.1 or 100% bible

Therefore the bible equals 99% correct. off by 1% if the bible =3 and pi = 3.1

So what you're saying is:

"If you divide x by 100 then multiply by 99, you get .99x. " 

I guess we could call that circular algebra.

On the other hand, the equation

eπi + 1 = 0

proves that god of the bible is irrational, imaginary, and nonexistent.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Zara

This pi argument started with jcgadfly question.

jcgadfly said ,

Does the Gematria formula work as well with the Biblical designation of 3? You like to run from this.

It was my human error for confusing the Atheist on the math.
Again I apologize .
The conclusion to this question was that the Hebrews used the number 3 in everything from scripture to building structure as in pi= 3. 

The ancient Hebrews rounded  pi as pi = 3 unlike the chinese, Egyptians  and the Babylonians who used pi with digits. 

It is interesting how the jews never realized that their history points toward a trinity God. Even when looking at it using simple Math. 

Some people never get out of their boxed world. We have to think outside the box. Reality is not set in a box and closed. 

My question to you is,
What do you prefer , live in a box or live outside the box?

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1230
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:This pi

Jimenezj wrote:
This pi argument started with jcgadfly question. jcgadfly said , Does the Gematria formula work as well with the Biblical designation of 3?

Anything "works well" if you play with the data enough.  As we've seen, you've repeatedly adjusted the margin of error within which your "perfect" god operates.

Jimenezj wrote:
The conclusion to this question was that the Hebrews used the number 3 in everything from scripture to building structure as in pi= 3.  The ancient Hebrews rounded  pi as pi = 3 unlike the chinese, Egyptians  and the Babylonians who used pi with digits.

A reasonable conclusion to draw therefrom is that the Hebrews were simply less advanced and less concerned with accuracy than other cultures. 

Jimenezj wrote:
It is interesting how the jews never realized that their history points toward a trinity God.

Not really.  You can find 3's all over the place. You might as well claim it refers to

  • the 3 supreme gods of hinduism {Siva1, Vishnu2, Brahma3}, OR
  • the 3 Fates of Greek mythology {Clotho1, Lachesis2, Atropos3OR
  • the 3 levels of Plato's Republic {philosophers1, soldiers2, farmers3}, OR
  • Pythagorean triples (the Pythagoreans for their part thought #6 represented creation...which proves that your trinitarian god is the Beast), OR
  • Freud's {superego1, ego2, id3} (Freud was Jewish, after all) OR
  • {Moe1, Larry2, Curly3} (again, Jewish.  Not to mention Moe's birth name was Moses!)

You see, playing with numbers is fun! 

Jimenezj wrote:
 Reality is not set in a box and closed.

You're right -- and Reality should not be contorted to fit the musings of a primitive culture that sucked at math. 

Jimenezj wrote:
What do you prefer , live in a box or live outside the box?

Don't worry, I'm living outside the box.  It's time for you to start thinking outside the triangle.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Zara

You said ,

Don't worry, I'm living outside the box.

If this statement is true, than you should be positive and
Optimistic toward the possibility of a creator called God Jesus.

To see and understand God, takes time and patience in reading
And understanding scripture.

I myself see God in :

Nature
History
Mathematics
Scripture
The universe .

I still have a hard time understanding And listening
To God. But that is ok.it is after all a walking process.
I would say that i am a baby, that is learning
How to walk with God.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

You said,

By 2013, "All bets are off" is all I have to say to the Vatican. Goodbye nonsecular Occident, one way or another.

I do not believe in the Roman Catholic way.
I believe that is as corrupted as a communist
Government. I believe that it's existence will come to
And end.

The origin of polytheism is related to the roman catholic ancient
History.

Can you elaborate more on your comment of 2013?

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:If that is

Jimenezj wrote:
If that is true than what is 1 by the power of 3 equal? It equals 1. therefore the trinity is monotheist. Do you know the origin if polytheism ?

I do. It comes from people wanting to worship things equally while still keeping them separate.

Or are you drifting into modalism again?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:This pi

Jimenezj wrote:
This pi argument started with jcgadfly question. jcgadfly said , Does the Gematria formula work as well with the Biblical designation of 3? You like to run from this. It was my human error for confusing the Atheist on the math. Again I apologize . The conclusion to this question was that the Hebrews used the number 3 in everything from scripture to building structure as in pi= 3.  The ancient Hebrews rounded  pi as pi = 3 unlike the chinese, Egyptians  and the Babylonians who used pi with digits.  It is interesting how the jews never realized that their history points toward a trinity God. Even when looking at it using simple Math.  Some people never get out of their boxed world. We have to think outside the box. Reality is not set in a box and closed.  My question to you is, What do you prefer , live in a box or live outside the box?

 

If "thinking outside the box" means unquestioningly believing in bullshit I'll stay in the box.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
JC

If you want to live locked inside the box, so be it.
I myself prefer freedom from the box.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:If you want

Jimenezj wrote:
If you want to live locked inside the box, so be it. I myself prefer freedom from the box.

And yet you choose not to take it by unquestioningly believing in the bullshit you call God. At best, you've traded on box for another.

You want me to be so open minded that my brain will land on the floor next to yours - no thanks.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
JC

Polytheism comes from ancient Babylon in Mesopotamia
As evident from babylonian archeology and the Ebla tablets found in
Syria dated at 2500 BC. If you examine religions of the world ,
You will see that monotheism came first and then became corrupted
And changed into polytheism. By examining the Ebla tablets , archeologist
And scholars have determined that there existed one creation story made possible by one God.
In the later sumeritan polytheism creation story, the heavens and the
Earth were created by different Gods.

For more history on polytheism visit,

http://www.markbeast.org/mark-beast-666.html

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Polytheism

Jimenezj wrote:
Polytheism comes from ancient Babylon in Mesopotamia As evident from babylonian archeology and the Ebla tablets found in Syria dated at 2500 BC. If you examine religions of the world , You will see that monotheism came first and then became corrupted And changed into polytheism. By examining the Ebla tablets , archeologist And scholars have determined that there existed one creation story made possible by one God. In the later sumeritan polytheism creation story, the heavens and the Earth were created by different Gods. For more history on polytheism visit, http://www.markbeast.org/mark-beast-666.html

Which says nothing about  the question that I answered. People didn't understand much of anything to create the world around them so they created gods.

The Babylonian civilization was older than the Hebrew civilization. That they got it from them doesn't change the fact that they had a polytheistic religion. The Hebrew pantheon was taken from the Canaanite pantheon (El and Yahweh are different gods).

 

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Polytheism

Jimenezj wrote:
Polytheism comes from ancient Babylon in Mesopotamia As evident from babylonian archeology and the Ebla tablets found in Syria dated at 2500 BC. If you examine religions of the world , You will see that monotheism came first and then became corrupted And changed into polytheism. By examining the Ebla tablets , archeologist And scholars have determined that there existed one creation story made possible by one God. In the later sumeritan polytheism creation story, the heavens and the Earth were created by different Gods. For more history on polytheism visit, http://www.markbeast.org/mark-beast-666.html

Which says nothing about  the question that I answered. People didn't understand much of anything to create the world around them so they created gods.

The Babylonian civilization was older than the Hebrew civilization. That they got it from them doesn't change the fact that they had a polytheistic religion. The Hebrew pantheon was taken from the Canaanite pantheon (El and Yahweh are different gods).

 

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1230
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Φ

First, please take 30 seconds and learn How To Use The Quote Function

Jimenezj wrote:
Quote:
Don't worry, I'm living outside the box.
If this statement is true, than you should be positive and Optimistic toward the possibility of a creator called God Jesus.

I am prepared to accept "the possibility of a creator called God Jesus", pending a sound argument (although I would stop short of being "Optimistic".  If it's proven there is a jesus I would accept the truth, but it would not be cause for optimism.  It would be comparable to accepting a diagnosis of cancer.)

However, gibberings like

"ei*pi + 1 = 0...DNA...<something,something>...PRAISE JEEBUS!"

do not a sound argument make. 

Jimenezj wrote:
To see and understand God, takes time and patience in reading And understanding scripture.

What you really mean is:  It takes time and patience to find seemingly interesting patterns in your scripture, in order to claim there is something special and divine about your scripture.  What you don't realize is that with time and patience enough, you can find seemingly interesting (but altogether meaningless) patterns in any sufficiently large body of data. 

I honestly don't think your reasoning process ran thus:

  • "Oh look!  An egregiously crude approximation of π in the old testament equals a number from doctrinal preachments several centuries later.  Obviously scripture is true!"
  • "Oh look!  Φ and π are irrational numbers, and they appear in nature!  Obviously this proves that a virgin gave birth to a magical zombie god!"

More likely, you adopted your religious beliefs on emotional grounds, or have simply held them since an early age; and then went poring through scripture and other resources to build  a retroactive intellectual façade for your emotionally-based beliefs.  

The name-dropping you've resorted to indicates further failings in your reasoning faculties: 

You invoke Newton in support of your argument (as if to say, "Newton believed it, so it must be true!" ), but you are apparently unaware that Newton did not believe in the trinity; in fact, he was avidly anti-trinitarian.

Likewise you quote Galileo -- but surely even you know that Galileo was condemned by the church for his discoveries, inasmuch as they ran contrary to scripture (a literal reading of which states that the sun moves around the earth).  Galileo's trial demonstrates that it was the churchmen who were resigned to thinking "in the box", and who could not brook the possibility of scripture being wrong, whatever the actual evidence.  Galileo of course did not abscond belief in god himself, but it was his out-of-the-box thinking that challenged the preeminence of scripture -- and by proxy, god. 

The more we think outside the box, the less tenable scripture and belief in god become.

 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
JC

Your conclusion that People invented their own God Jesus or trinity is based On assumptions without no archeological proof. There is no ancient scripture that says God was invented. Bur there is plenty of ancient scripture and tablets that say God does exist. Can you expand on your evidence that My God was invented?

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:Your

Jimenezj wrote:
Your conclusion that People invented their own God Jesus or trinity is based On assumptions without no archeological proof. There is no ancient scripture that says God was invented. Bur there is plenty of ancient scripture and tablets that say God does exist. Can you expand on your evidence that My God was invented?

No archaeology, that's true. However, I have loads of history supporting my position. 

The concept of the Trinity came from the 2nd century CE.

The fact that other gods were dreamed up by humans to explain things makes it reasonable to believe that your God was too.  What do you have that makes your God the real deal?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
JC

You did not answer my question directly.


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1230
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:You did not

Jimenezj wrote:
You did not answer my question directly.

You didn't answer my post at all.

 

Quote:
Your conclusion that People invented their own God Jesus or trinity is based On assumptions without no archeological proof. There is no ancient scripture that says God was invented. Bur there is plenty of ancient scripture and tablets that say God does exist. Can you expand on your evidence that My God was invented?

What evidence are you expecting?  A signed affidavit from Abraham stating that the yahweh story is fictional and should be read for entertainment purposes only?

The conclusion that god (the god of the bible, for this particular discussion) is invented is drawn from the lack of evidence for god, and in fact the incongruity of god-related claims with the available evidence:

The lack of evidence for a hand-crafted clay man and rib woman; a talking snake; a great flood; invalidate the biblical claim that such things are true.  And if they aren't true, they must have been invented.

The lack of evidence for an Egyptican army at the bottom of the Red Sea amounts to archaeological proof that the Exodus story is invented. 

Do you believe Joseph Smith invented Jesus' tour of North America, and with it Mormonism?  If so, where's your archaeological proof?

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:You did not

Jimenezj wrote:
You did not answer my question directly.

On the contrary - you just disapprove of the answer.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jimenezj
Theist
Posts: 344
Joined: 2011-12-16
User is offlineOffline
JC

You said,
No archaeology, that's true.

You have defeated yourself by not being able to
Provide archealogical proof for your argument. You said
That you have loads of historical proof, yet all you said
Was that since all the other Gods are made up, my God must
Also be made up. Your argument has no logic
And reason , therefore a fallacy. You should examine your
Argument again and perhaps restructure it or overhaul it.
I will see you again , in another thread of mine. This one is a

Checkmate!

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj wrote:You said, No

Jimenezj wrote:
You said, No archaeology, that's true. You have defeated yourself by not being able to Provide archealogical proof for your argument. You said That you have loads of historical proof, yet all you said Was that since all the other Gods are made up, my God must Also be made up. Your argument has no logic And reason , therefore a fallacy. You should examine your Argument again and perhaps restructure it or overhaul it. I will see you again , in another thread of mine. This one is a Checkmate!

Nope.

I said no archaeology but loads of history.

Since you don't dispute the historical evidence checkmate back at you.

Do you not know where the Trinity came from? The Jews don't have it - only the followers of Paul's cult. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3188
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jimenezj

Jimenezj wrote:
Mathematicians have discovered that The bible is written in a mathematical pattern called Gematria and is encrypted  unlike any other book in history. A universal language based on mathematics.  God's universal Language is the bible.

I know this is a late post and I bet that several others responded in the same way (sorry didn't want to read 144 posts of such a lame subject), but this is silly. It's no better than Astrology, Numerology or those "bio wave patterns" (can't remember the exact name of them).

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Abu_Lahab
Posts: 12
Joined: 2006-12-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
..... those "bio wave patterns" (can't remember the exact name of them).

 

 

'Bio-rythyms'?


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3188
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Abu_Lahab

Abu_Lahab wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Jimenezj wrote:
..... those "bio wave patterns" (can't remember the exact name of them).

 

 

'Bio-rythyms'?

Yes! Bio-rythyms! They were really popular in the 70's and 80's. I remember there was a basic program on the TRS-80 and it would show your "highs and lows".

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams