Hi All

kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Hi All

Hi, my name is kimsland.

A long time member of Internet forums worldwide.

Yes I am a prod Atheist, but I am actually a strong minded person on Antireligion (the truth must be told)

I should have joined up here when you guys started, but I was busy joining Islamic and Christian forums and explaining why they are wrong (an subsequently getting banned, which always shocked me)

I tend to be a polite, well mannered debater against religion (all of them) but for some reason many forums don't want this? If this forum is not up for me to friendly debate against others feelings and emotions then please ban me immediately (ie Seems like a waste to wait until I'm proven right all the time!)

Yes I tend to be a bit arrogant too. I have the same argumentative mind as religious nuttos that use their crazy logic. My strongest debate is informing religious people how outrageously funny their beliefs are (seriously many forget to laugh at this. I mean these religious people believe in such things as talking in tongues and jesus is inside me? And that other faith of allah where people in the desert feel that women and children are not that important). So, if you really want to hear the truth then I'm overly happy to answer you.

I'm also positive that the US will have a non religious president one day (who knows maybe someone who joins up here one day) And when that happens, that will mark the real beginning of scientific awareness in our world and the universe. Actually I am strong on the date December 21, 2012 just as much as religious fools, except I feel this will not be the end of the world (ironically) I feel it will be the real start of a world without religion, wow, even saying that makes me feel good.

Anyway, hope I'm accepted here, otherwise please link me to a better place.

kimsland


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Hi kimsland, I think by what

Hi kimsland, I think by what you describe you'll fit in, the majority of people here are very anti-religious. I would describe myself as counter religious rather than anti.

 

But I think you'll fit in here more than on theists sites.

 

 


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5809
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Hey, welcome!I can't see you

Hey, welcome!

I can't see you having a problem here.

You won't get banned for debating of any form, unless you're into the style where it's pretty much pure ad hominem.

The other thing we tire of quickly is straight preaching/proselytising, but I doubt from your comments you would be into that.

I would like to think the US can eventually catch up to the rest of the 'Western' world in general tolerance, education, acceptance of science, etc. Not that other countries are by any means as far along as I would like, but the US has slipped way back. Most, if not all, of your founding fathers would be deeply ashamed, I think.

Not looking so good at the moment, IMHO.

Speaking from a country which has had several atheist/agnostic leaders, and now a female atheist PM.

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10358
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! The RRS is pretty

Welcome! The RRS is pretty tolerant, so you should be ok, going by your first post. However, even if you debate as described, you'll still run into the odd incredibly rude theist.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I would

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I would describe myself as counter religious rather than anti.

I think this means you are at war with religion? Ironically where most religious people are at war with other religious groups, except you are an Atheist.

Are you also at war with the easter bunny and others who feel that they exist? I say good luck with your counter measures, when you must be fighting a losing battle against non-existent fairytale ignorance.

Religious minded individuals/groups must realize that religion has been derived out of fear (generally of dieing) and the weak minded (people who need faith to get through life) There is another area of abuse, but these are just using religion for their own benefits (usually money, sex etc)

Therefore to fight religion, you must first clear things up with them, ie I'm intelligent and you're scared (of god) I win, now what else have you got?

 

 

BobSpence1 wrote:
You won't get banned for debating of any form, unless you're into the style where it's pretty much pure ad hominem.

Oh dear.

Sadly religion is about feelings, it would be extremely difficult to argue with logical intelligence only. I feel that religious believers need to know that they are funny (in a bad way usually) Their ideas should not be debated or spoken of in schools for children, where learning is the most important goal.

Religion is about fairy tales and originally good wholesome morals (most of these morals went out the door when war became public news mind you) I don't absolutely condone people acting christian as long as they don't have any made up religious points with it.  Actually religion gave the word christian a bad name Laughing out loud

 

Vastet wrote:
However, even if you debate as described, you'll still run into the odd incredibly rude theist.

Yes I see that.

Religion has such a stronghold on people that they nearly believe this stuff.

 

Thanks for the welcomes Smiling


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, kimsland.You can

Welcome, kimsland.

You can pretty much speak your mind on this forum. I'm on numerous forums, and have been on dozens more. By far, this forum is the most tolerant I've ever seen or heard on the internet. It has to be, I think, given who and what we are talking about/against, and what it's trying to accomplish.

 

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Zeepheus
atheist
Zeepheus's picture
Posts: 50
Joined: 2011-08-26
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Welcome

 

I am fairly new here (this time) was a member years ago. I think you will be very welcome here.

 

Again Welcome.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

You see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3203
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Welcome to the forum . Have fun.


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Nice people here

 

@harleysportster
I thought it might be a bikie group!
Nah only joking, glad people have woken up in all areas in life.

@Zeepheus
You were a member years ago?
Damn I should've been there then, I prefer originals

@redneF
We need you at places like CNN religion, these blogs tend to reach a larger community.

Thanks again for the welcomes


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
kimsland wrote:Cpt_pineapple

kimsland wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I would describe myself as counter religious rather than anti.

I think this means you are at war with religion? Ironically where most religious people are at war with other religious groups, except you are an Atheist.

Are you also at war with the easter bunny and others who feel that they exist? I say good luck with your counter measures, when you must be fighting a losing battle against non-existent fairytale ignorance.

Religious minded individuals/groups must realize that religion has been derived out of fear (generally of dieing) and the weak minded (people who need faith to get through life) There is another area of abuse, but these are just using religion for their own benefits (usually money, sex etc)

Therefore to fight religion, you must first clear things up with them, ie I'm intelligent and you're scared (of god) I win, now what else have you got?

 

 

 

No, what I meant is that I wasn't at war with religion. I will counter it if it tries to impose on me, or  to spread ignorance, but I am not "anti-religious" i.e I am NOT at war to eradicate it from the Earth. I will call out religious claims that show lack of scientific backing [so basically all of them],  but I do not actively seek it out, or think getting rid of it will do anything. I have far larger goals than that.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2368
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

 

 

 

                      You should love it here.  You didn't mention where you were at. I'm near Toronto Canada myself.  Welcome again and check out this site

 

 

                    http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/29946   

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I would also note that this

I would also note that this is a good forum if you want imaginative shoes/handbags.

 

Yes we do get the occasional spammer once in a while.

 

 

 


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Ah, welcome Kim. As has already been stated, you should do just fine around here. Watch out for the more arrogant theists. Some of them can get quite intense. We keep them around because they are kind of fun to play with though.

 

 

As for me, I am a psychiatric social worker who is currently in between jobs. 25 years in the field makes me quite good at what I do. I think that I am going to end up doing customer service, sales or something similar. I also play bass, keyboard and flute in blues/folk/prog rock.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum, it

Welcome to the forum, it doesn't suck here Smiling

Also it sounds as though you will fit right in.

 


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5809
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
kimsland wrote:[BobSpence1

kimsland wrote:

[

BobSpence1 wrote:
You won't get banned for debating of any form, unless you're into the style where it's pretty much pure ad hominem.

Oh dear.

Sadly religion is about feelings, it would be extremely difficult to argue with logical intelligence only. I feel that religious believers need to know that they are funny (in a bad way usually) Their ideas should not be debated or spoken of in schools for children, where learning is the most important goal.

Religion is about fairy tales and originally good wholesome morals (most of these morals went out the door when war became public news mind you) I don't absolutely condone people acting christian as long as they don't have any made up religious points with it.  Actually religion gave the word christian a bad name :D 

Thanks for the welcomes Smiling

You may have misunderstood me. I was referring mainly to the sort of post where the poster mainly just insults the other person, with remarks that are not really relevant to the beliefs, the ideas, that you are attacking. That is mainly what 'ad hominen' means.

Feel free to say all you want about the beliefs, even about the stupidity, etc, that it takes to accept such nonsense, and even what it seems to imply about their intelligence, rationality, etc.

It is pretty much certain kinds of Theist posters who resort to throwing pure insults at us, in the standard assumption that we, as atheists, must be really bad, immoral, disgusting, etc etc, persons.

I personally think religion was not, even originally, about "good wholesome morals". I included a few 'ok' rules, but otherwise was, and became even more, a distortion of morality and, especially, the grounds, the reasons, for moral behavior.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Thanks again for all your

Thanks again for all your welcomes

So far its pretty good here, sadly not so many 'religious' people to debate with, but if that's my only concern in the end, then I'll always be happy Smiling


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Oh they are around, you just haven't found a good one yet. But you are new here so not a big deal.

 

I will tell you that sooner or later, you will run into Jean Chauvin. He is quite the arrogant bastard. He doesn't care about anything other than spouting his personal flavor of intellectual rubbish. He will talk past you for the most part but if you make an impression on him, he will give you a pet name.

 

He likes to call me his occult friend because I have a much larger library on the matter than he does. Actually, I suspect that his library amounts to a huge box of tracts designed to call out Harry Potter for enticing children away from god jr.

 

Also, don't bother responding to spam. When I delete it, the responses go away with it. That and the spammers just don't care.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Yes I know I already checked

Yes I know I already checked the removed post, it was just ironic (for me) that's all.

 

As for that member (Jean) you can automatically subscribe me to any topics he makes, if I don't get to it first.

Personally I feel right up my alley, as you may have also discovered yourself.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Oh, we have plenty of loons around here. Keep an eye out for members_with_underscores_in_usernames. Most of them are sock puppets from one guy from CARM. The exception being A_nony_mouse. He is a rabid anti-semite who has yet to side with the president of Iran but he is really close to tipping over that edge.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi, kimsland! (Is that Kim's

Hi, kimsland! (Is that Kim's Land? Kim Sland? ...?)

You will have no problems here as far as I can tell. FYI, if you are unsure, you can (should, are expected to, BTW) read the forum rules, which are at the upper right corner of the page (or just go here). We are pretty tolerant of strong debate, but draw the line at unethical/dishonest behaviours which are outlined in the rules. In my personal experience, RRS is the most tolerant place I know for this kind of debate.

Also, FYI, if you feel the need, we also have the Kill 'Em With Kindness forum, which has special rules to enforce more-polite conversations and debates.

Finally, we also have Trollville, where certain tolerable trolls are still able to post, and if you really want to get down and dirty, you can engage the trolls there. So, yeah. We're pretty tolerant, even of trolls.

Also, feel free to debate atheists also, and other forum members, if you like. Even moderators are fair game for debate, again, within the guidelines of the rules. RRS doesn't ban people just for disagreeing with it. I wouldn't be here if it did.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:Hi, kimsland!

natural wrote:

Hi, kimsland! (Is that Kim's Land? Kim Sland? ...?)

... Even moderators are fair game for debate

Hi natural, that's interesting you would ask.

In actual fact the 2nd one is closer but still totally incorrect, as much as my alias has been kim land for many years. I tend to still believe in anonymity (as a Moderator, you would already know this Eye-wink ) I am of the old days where privacy was real, especially for forum members with their handles like 'Roller Girl' and alike. My only difference is I decided to use my first name as my real name, a very bold move. These days members and free emails are happy to state their full real name. Even places like Facebook insist on your real name so as 'friends' of the past can find you. Note I am kimsland at facebook too, but I'm pretty sure I've turned off all messaging in the multitude of hidden privacy settings there.

I'm not aware of anywhere on the Net that my real name has been posted, if you do find such a place, please PM me, as I would be extremely surprised to know this. I originally came from a hacking background, I might say I was very good (back then) I'm not aware of any site or private area that I couldn't hack, and therefore shouldn't say why I stopped, since a hacker always gets bored of the little man, if you know what I mean.

I have been involved in a lot of areas, but I tend to stay in the so called 'anonymous' area, and thankfully this is growing again. Specifically anonymous is not concerned about any other groups and therefore keeps the status quo.  Certainly my 'worldwide' status stays with me, but I will say that I am not from the US (Member Jeffrick asked me this originally) Although I do not keep this as secure as my name (ie its easily found) I prefer not to post where I live. It also has no bearing on my posts, and when I post.

 

Your 2nd point about Moderators are fair game for debate. Yes and No

Yes I'm positive that within some religious/non-religious discussion/debate that a Moderator will stand as any other member, and therefore us 'normal' members should treat you equally to the extent that if someone who had the opposite beliefs would argue with.

But No, if I were to 'argue' with you in relation to removed spam posts, or even members, etc and then continual this argument 'On The Forum' then eventually that public argument could (and should) be removed. Therefore there ARE limitations, but these limitations (you may call them forum rules) are only meant for members, strangely such as myself, who will quite openly and publicly, step out of line, to voice my concern. Whatever the consequence or status.

I say status, because when I was a Moderator, I did decide to tell members the truth about a certain topic, and this did not go down well with Admin, and subsequently brought my loss of membership. I have also debated with long standing members on other forums, about how their program was wrong (plus backing up my conclusions) Since this was a world wide respected member (again although wrong in one big area) the Admin of that forum decided to ban me. So you get my gist. I speak the truth to all no matter what, why the truth is not relevant to others is beyond me.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
We used to have this really

We used to have this really fun female member here back when I was a Moderator a few years back.  She was a lesbian and had been banned from her lesbian forum.  She came in here like a tornado ranting and throwing a fit.  She told us all to kiss her ass if we didn't like it because she was going to be who she was.

I believe my response to her was, "We would never ban you.  We love you."

Haha. 

I miss her.  She was so much fun.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
That's good to know. Yes

That's good to know.

 

Yes even Elton John a sworn Atheist, is accepted in our society; so respected he was Knighted Sir Elton Hercules John.

But that's not enough for just about ALL religious groups (including Christianity sectors) God must hate this highly respected man! How dare he bring the world love and empathy in just about all his songs. Its disgusting I tell you, disgusting of religion that is.

As for girl on girl action, that will always be welcomed. Heck I'd welcome it here now. Sticking out tongue


Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
kimsland wrote:But No, if I

kimsland wrote:

But No, if I were to 'argue' with you in relation to removed spam posts, or even members, etc and then continual this argument 'On The Forum' then eventually that public argument could (and should) be removed. Therefore there ARE limitations, but these limitations (you may call them forum rules) are only meant for members, strangely such as myself, who will quite openly and publicly, step out of line, to voice my concern. Whatever the consequence or status.

I say status, because when I was a Moderator, I did decide to tell members the truth about a certain topic, and this did not go down well with Admin, and subsequently brought my loss of membership. I have also debated with long standing members on other forums, about how their program was wrong (plus backing up my conclusions) Since this was a world wide respected member (again although wrong in one big area) the Admin of that forum decided to ban me. So you get my gist. I speak the truth to all no matter what, why the truth is not relevant to others is beyond me.

Yes, you are correct. I did not mean in regards to the forum rules or anything like that, only in regards to topics of discussion regarding RRS' reason for being: To respond to irrational claims in the world, esp. in religion. What I meant was that if I post my opinion on some topic, you are free to loudly debate me on that topic without fear of reprisal simply because I'm a moderator. We don't take it personally.

I'm saying this so as to distinguish between so many other sites where you can be loud and opinionated, as long as you agree with the the opinions of those in charge, or else you get shut down heavy-handedly. We don't do that shit here.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
kimsland wrote:Hi, my name

kimsland wrote:

Hi, my name is kimsland.

A long time member of Internet forums worldwide.

Yes I am a prod Atheist, but I am actually a strong minded person on Antireligion (the truth must be told)

I should have joined up here when you guys started, but I was busy joining Islamic and Christian forums and explaining why they are wrong (an subsequently getting banned, which always shocked me)

I tend to be a polite, well mannered debater against religion (all of them) but for some reason many forums don't want this? If this forum is not up for me to friendly debate against others feelings and emotions then please ban me immediately (ie Seems like a waste to wait until I'm proven right all the time!)

Yes I tend to be a bit arrogant too. I have the same argumentative mind as religious nuttos that use their crazy logic. My strongest debate is informing religious people how outrageously funny their beliefs are (seriously many forget to laugh at this. I mean these religious people believe in such things as talking in tongues and jesus is inside me? And that other faith of allah where people in the desert feel that women and children are not that important). So, if you really want to hear the truth then I'm overly happy to answer you.

I'm also positive that the US will have a non religious president one day (who knows maybe someone who joins up here one day) And when that happens, that will mark the real beginning of scientific awareness in our world and the universe. Actually I am strong on the date December 21, 2012 just as much as religious fools, except I feel this will not be the end of the world (ironically) I feel it will be the real start of a world without religion, wow, even saying that makes me feel good.

Anyway, hope I'm accepted here, otherwise please link me to a better place.

kimsland

Lose the 2012 garbage and you will do fine here. I really don't know how one can reject all other superstitions with a clear head, and buy into that superstition.

Look, this planet has had 4 billion years in it's history. On any given day in it's history mass destruction has happened. And no matter what, either by our own hand, or by the hand of nature, mass destruction will happen again. Don't fall for that stupid woo that anyone can predict the "end times" or as it seems in your case you imply "sudden awakening".

Life is ultimately a crap shoot and no matter how long  or short our species survives it will not be due to anything wooish or si fi ish or religious. it will be by human behavior or nature. No magic, or god or "fake moon landing/JFK/BIG FOOT/ 2012" crap needed to explain reality.

I am glad you have shed the older myths, but believe me, if you think that there is a lick of truth to the 2012 crap, to me, you might as well believe in the god/s of Abraham.

Other than that, welcome. Glad that you too go after god/s and myths. But we go after everything here, not just god claims. I've attacked the JFK crap. I have attacked crop circle crap. I have attacked little green men crap. And I even took on an atheist who wanted to claim that the transporter from Star Trec was a possibility.

Nothing gets a pass here, even amongst atheists. We often do go after each other on claims even outside of religion. To the atheists here, and I can only speak about my experience here, we look at it like this, for the most part. It is nothing personal. Some one claims something, and someone else kicks the shit out of the claim. But that is because MOST HERE know, or have learned that there is a difference between the person, and what the person claims.

As long as you can separate YOU from what you claim and look at it as a challenge/debate/ or even if you are comfortable, a verbal brawl, you'll be fine. We are all individuals and we all have different approaches as to how we interact with those we disagree with. Always keep that in mind.

Once again, welcome.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Remember the discussion the

Remember the discussion the forum got onto one time about having kids?

Shit there were like 30 of us going back and forth at each other like it was WWIII in here.  Really entertaining time I thought.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Remember the

Watcher wrote:

Remember the discussion the forum got onto one time about having kids?

Shit there were like 30 of us going back and forth at each other like it was WWIII in here.  Really entertaining time I thought.

Dont remember that one. Then again, don't have kids and don't want kids.

There are a couple epic threads, one with Fonzie and one with Caposkia that have gone on for years.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:if you think

Brian37 wrote:
if you think that there is a lick of truth to the 2012 crap, to me, you might as well believe in the god/s of Abraham.

I fully respect your point, as I stated that its more of enlightening than the Earth blowing up. You state that all these myths are just that a myth, and therefore should be debated with.

 

Keeping in line with my introduction post here. I was born in the year of the dragon, I was also born under the Aquarius astrology sign (although my mind is way more strongly devoted to astronomy and facts)

I feel there is something in the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, possibly a stronger awareness of nature, to the extent that we are already gods of Earth (without religion) and we can create anything, including the supernatural (forces and phenomena which are beyond ordinary scientific understanding) by opening up our minds ability more than religious beliefs could ever do.

NOW is the time when the world needs to take a stand against religion and allow science to develop further without restriction of biblical old fashioned beliefs, and the ignorant.

We live in a world that will not last forever, and although global warming may not be fully attributed to mankind, we as humans still need to be aware of our Earth and survival on it. To have faith in an afterlife glory is NOT the answer.

I have the mindset that it is more magical knowing how the magician did his tricks. I am fascinated by how elaborate and intelligent and even innovative the unravelling of magical (so called) tricks are; more so than watching the mind trick itself. ie It is pure intelligence that will set the mind free. I cannot just sit back and accept any groups findings fully, until I myself see the truth. Blind faith for me is just not human.

Obviously an evolutionist, I also feel that there are greater challenges ahead of us (not behind) I therefore calculate in my head that the total destruction of religion is imminent, and that this seems to be 'felt' all over the world. The time just seems right.

These are my feelings and cannot be debated with


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Well Kim, expect to get debated on that. You may want to make friends with Luminon as he is an astrologer (who thinks that dark matter supports anything he is into). He is not the only person like that around here but he posts most often. We also have atheists who are into crop circles, the 9/11 conspiracy and don't believe that we ever went to the moon. <p><p>

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=