I am non-religious , and that's the reason

baphomet
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-08-21
User is offlineOffline
I am non-religious , and that's the reason

 Hello everybody,

 

I am an ex-muslim from morocco , and I am new to this website, 

First of all , I thank the administration for this freethinkers space and I hope it continues growing and developing.

 

I want to put here the reason : why am I atheist.. As you know , Islam is a religion that has common roots with christianity and judaism.. so what we say on the first , is also said on the last two religions ...and vice versa. though if we prove that judaism stories are myths , then we can say : goodbye islam.


Judaism is the most important religion when discussing the truth behind the 3 religions , cuz it's the source of all human sufferings , with the guidance of the aggressive God Yahve, we can say that the racism (race of one people : e.g : israel) is the birth of the 3 religions .(I hope my idea is clear).

 

Those are my question to theist people in this forum (I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

 

1. Did adam and eve have the sexual organism in the Heavens (the paradise) ?? if so, why should God create them if they are living in Jannah, where there's no reproduction .... that means that God knows that adam and eve will commit sin , that they will go down to earth , that they will reproduce there, ISN'T THIS A BAD AND STUPID GOD WHO LOVES YOU (Sticking out tongue)??

 

2.In the ark , noah has gathered all the animal species in the world...imagine hundreds of thousands of creations are just assembled in one ARK, if he could do this , then I have another question : HOW DID HE FEED THEM?? HOW DID HE  CLEAN THEIR DROPPINGS? AND WHAT ABOUT INSECTS??

3.In Abraham story (according to islam) all the animals of the world where crammed in the babylon (where abraham is supposed to be thrown in the fire).. and all the animals except the gecko were trying to extinguish the fire (and that's why in islam Allah will forgive your sins if you killed a gecko LOOL).. all the animals were in the scene , but HOW??  and how could the people that were around the fire stay in there places without any fear of those wild visitors Smiling

4. in the story of abraham , abraham was taking his own son for sacrifice ... what do you think if God (jesus or allah) throws you  in the same situation?? will you kill your own son and finish your life in jail?? and what's this BAD God??

 

5.in the story of Lot (in arabic Loti means Gay :hhhhhh)... when people came to his house to violate his visitors (angels)... he proposed : those are my daughters if you want . ... this is a prophet, and he deserves respect from religious people ... but is this an ethical behaviour??? can you tell people that those are your daughters , so do what you want with them?? (Orgy for e.g)??

6. In the story of Jacob ( according to the old testament)... he wristles with God Yahveh, and that's the meaning of Israel (isra= wristler , el = God)... but why then we say that the power of this God is absolute... ?

 

7. in the story of Ismail (second son of Abraham) in the arabia desert... Abraham throws them both(Ismail baby and his mother) in the sands and sun , no water, no food, nothing..then he returned to Canaan.... the same question : is this ethical?? then what's the morality (I mean human moral not religious moral).

 

I will write other Crazy stories in a next opportunity ...


We are non-religious (agnostics , atheists, and deists) : if you don't agree, then re-read the questions and think again... if you still don't agree, then answer to questions Smiling
 

 


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
baphomet wrote:(I ask the

baphomet wrote:
(I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

No kidding. I lurked on an ex-muslim board once, and they had a thread where they exchanged the most outrageous death-threats they received from their still religious friends and neighbours. It was quite...colorful.

Seriously, the crap you ex-muslims have to put up with is jawdropping. You have my respect.

Welcome.


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
baphomet wrote: Hello

baphomet wrote:

 Hello everybody,

I am an ex-muslim from morocco , and I am new to this website, 

First of all , I thank the administration for this freethinkers space and I hope it continues growing and developing.

I want to put here the reason : why am I atheist.. As you know , Islam is a religion that has common roots with christianity and judaism.. so what we say on the first , is also said on the last two religions ...and vice versa. though if we prove that judaism stories are myths , then we can say : goodbye islam.
Judaism is the most important religion when discussing the truth behind the 3 religions , cuz it's the source of all human sufferings , with the guidance of the aggressive God Yahve, we can say that the racism (race of one people : e.g : israel) is the birth of the 3 religions .(I hope my idea is clear).

Those are my question to theist people in this forum (I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

Yeah, Islam is strongly influenced by the judaistic tribal laws. The whole Sharia worldly law looks like taken right out of Leviticus or Deuteronomy. 

I hope you'll be safe and no dangerous fanatics will learn about your atheism. Absence of mind is bad, but presence of rocks in hands is worse. 
 

baphomet wrote:
 1. Did adam and eve have the sexual organism in the Heavens (the paradise) ?? if so, why should God create them if they are living in Jannah, where there's no reproduction .... that means that God knows that adam and eve will commit sin , that they will go down to earth , that they will reproduce there, ISN'T THIS A BAD AND STUPID GOD WHO LOVES YOU (Sticking out tongue)??
More than anything else, the story of Adam and Eve is an act of releasing a breeding pair of animals into the nature. This is why there is the happy and comfortable wildlife station. This is why the god must have scared the shit out of Adam and Eve, otherwise they would return, instead of trying to survive on their own. 
The stupid thing is, people still understand this story from the point of view of scared animals who think they really did something bad and were punished. Nope, there is nothing wrong about demonstrating curiosity and initiative for getting to a source of knowledge of good and evil. Who knows, if Adam and Eve would blindly and stupidly obey and do nothing, maybe God would recycle them back to dust and create a better design. Maybe he already did that Smiling

baphomet wrote:
2.In the ark , noah has gathered all the animal species in the world...imagine hundreds of thousands of creations are just assembled in one ARK, if he could do this , then I have another question : HOW DID HE FEED THEM?? HOW DID HE  CLEAN THEIR DROPPINGS? AND WHAT ABOUT INSECTS??
This was already dealt with by hilarious videos of my favorite Youtube artists and thinkers, NonStampCollector and DarkMatter2525.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_BzWUuZN5w&feature=feedu

baphomet wrote:
 3.In Abraham story (according to islam) all the animals of the world where crammed in the babylon (where abraham is supposed to be thrown in the fire).. and all the animals except the gecko were trying to extinguish the fire (and that's why in islam Allah will forgive your sins if you killed a gecko LOOL).. all the animals were in the scene , but HOW??  and how could the people that were around the fire stay in there places without any fear of those wild visitors Smiling
Never heard of this story, but if I ever have a gecko, I'll never show it to any Muslim visitors. Thanks for warning me Smiling
Btw, some of your friends might like Fallout 2.

baphomet wrote:
 4. in the story of abraham , abraham was taking his own son for sacrifice ... what do you think if God (jesus or allah) throws you  in the same situation?? will you kill your own son and finish your life in jail?? and what's this BAD God??
This is one of many reasons why Christians refuse to think about Old testament, except in a very careful and picky way. Obviously, god wanted to test if Abraham is crazy enough to kill absolutely anyone for him. He needed the Israelites to kill men, women and children of other tribes and also their own, if they violated some senseless commandment. Killing was a very important part of life, because it was pretty much the only possible punishment for everything and made the god look badass. Desert nomads can't build prisons. I'd bet that killing was one of family values at the time.

baphomet wrote:
 5.in the story of Lot (in arabic Loti means Gay :hhhhhh)... when people came to his house to violate his visitors (angels)... he proposed : those are my daughters if you want . ... this is a prophet, and he deserves respect from religious people ... but is this an ethical behaviour??? can you tell people that those are your daughters , so do what you want with them?? (Orgy for e.g)??
Really, Lot a prophet? A pimp, alcoholic and later a daughterfucker. 

baphomet wrote:
 6. In the story of Jacob ( according to the old testament)... he wristles with God Yahveh, and that's the meaning of Israel (isra= wristler , el = God)... but why then we say that the power of this God is absolute... ?
I thought he wrestled with the god's angel. It was a tough fight but not impossible, the angel had obviously some martial training, he paralyzed his legs by nerve pinch... I bet god was watching from up the ladder and cheered for Jacob. 

baphomet wrote:
 7. in the story of Ismail (second son of Abraham) in the arabia desert... Abraham throws them both(Ismail baby and his mother) in the sands and sun , no water, no food, nothing..then he returned to Canaan.... the same question : is this ethical?? then what's the morality (I mean human moral not religious moral).
Are there any believers who might say this is ethical?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3686
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is onlineOnline
Welcome to the forum,

Welcome to the forum, baphomet. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5086
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Pleased to meet you Baphomet

 

 

ex-muslims give me a sense of hope. Stick around, why don't you. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Baphomet

Hi Baphomet,

What's with your screen name? Where's my occult friend on here answers in genesis? Are you in the occult or are you a Satanisit? Weird name.

Morroco has some good leather. My Bible has Morroco Leather on it. Thank you.

I've studied The evil Terrorism of consistent Islam for years. As a Chrisitan, this may be entertaining. lol. Let's discuss your stupid questions.

1) The Bible says there will be no sex in heaven. Matthew 12:25 says there will be no marriag in heaven. Since it is a sin to have sex out side of marriage, the inference would be that this by definition cannot be. But it doesn't go further. However, the evidence is on my side and you have the burden now to carry it. Question 1 dumb and refuted.

2) Evidently you have no idea how huge the Arc was. It was the size of 10 football fields. Obviously since it took 120 years to build the thing, they obviously gathered food. Only animals via the nephesh were to be on the Arc. God managed them out of the arc. This is a silly question.

3) Islam is a religion of terror and evil and lies. So of course this is wrong. Mohammad picked up things here and there from Christian and Jewish Tranvelers. Mohammad was an idiot. Mohammad also says in the Hadity that his food would talk to him as he was about to eat them and the devil lives in your right nostril. This is why consistent Muslims wash their nose with water every morning. Mohammad thought his booger was the devil hahah. Muslims are pests and when they burn in hell it will be a better place.

4) God gave Abraham faith to do this (Romans 4). So if God were to do this He would give us faith. Also, the Bible or the Torah was absolutely not written. Not even the law was written yet. So this was a demonstration and a test before there really was a written standard of God's expections.

5) Moses is telling a story. It is not an ethical imperative. Also, to distort them from God, the alternative was the only one he could give. Contet my freaky weirdo.

6) Jacob's name was Israel. lol. The term has many names throughout Biblical history. Also, God was a theophony for demonstration or a test again.Once again youre talking out of Baalam's Ass.

7) Ishmael is NOT the father of the arabs or Muslim Terrorists. This is a lie that has been said so many times. The father of Islam is in Genesis 10:25. 

 

When you die, your 70 virgins will be Hillary Clinton Clones at the age of 60.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


baphomet
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-08-21
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:baphomet

Antipatris wrote:

baphomet wrote:
(I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

No kidding. I lurked on an ex-muslim board once, and they had a thread where they exchanged the most outrageous death-threats they received from their still religious friends and neighbours. It was quite...colorful.

Seriously, the crap you ex-muslims have to put up with is jawdropping. You have my respect.

Welcome.

 

Hello friend .. thank you for replying , I am sorry guys because I've had a lot (not Lot the daughterFucker ) of work those days ... thank you for warning me , in a muslim society, if someone discovered that you are atheist, he will mostly recommand you to hide it from others , because their are people that can threaten you .

Personaly, My parents know only that I don't believe in Jannah or Jahannam (Heaven and hell)... so sometimes I do my prayers before them, I stop eating in Ramadan when they are present... etc

One of my friend discovered from facebook that I am atheist, so now when he sees me in the street , he avoids me without reason (I don't need this kind).

and the friend I work with , knows that I am non-religions , but he said me before (that he is open minded and does accept everyone different)...

My brother is also non-religion , and my uncles also are.

 

For the debates I spoken about, they are done in the internet... in muslims forum (even sunnah and jihadi forums)...I speak to them all the time... 

 

Thank you friend


baphomet
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-08-21
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:baphomet

Antipatris wrote:

baphomet wrote:
(I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

No kidding. I lurked on an ex-muslim board once, and they had a thread where they exchanged the most outrageous death-threats they received from their still religious friends and neighbours. It was quite...colorful.

Seriously, the crap you ex-muslims have to put up with is jawdropping. You have my respect.

Welcome.

 

Hello friend .. thank you for replying , I am sorry guys because I've had a lot (not Lot the daughterFucker ) of work those days ... thank you for warning me , in a muslim society, if someone discovered that you are atheist, he will mostly recommand you to hide it from others , because their are people that can threaten you .

Personaly, My parents know only that I don't believe in Jannah or Jahannam (Heaven and hell)... so sometimes I do my prayers before them, I stop eating in Ramadan when they are present... etc

One of my friend discovered from facebook that I am atheist, so now when he sees me in the street , he avoids me without reason (I don't need this kind).

and the friend I work with , knows that I am non-religions , but he said me before (that he is open minded and does accept everyone different)...

My brother is also non-religion , and my uncles also are.

 

For the debates I spoken about, they are done in the internet... in muslims forum (even sunnah and jihadi forums)...I speak to them all the time... 

 

Thank you friend


baphomet
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-08-21
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:baphomet

Antipatris wrote:

baphomet wrote:
(I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

No kidding. I lurked on an ex-muslim board once, and they had a thread where they exchanged the most outrageous death-threats they received from their still religious friends and neighbours. It was quite...colorful.

Seriously, the crap you ex-muslims have to put up with is jawdropping. You have my respect.

Welcome.

 

Hello friend .. thank you for replying , I am sorry guys because I've had a lot (not Lot the daughterFucker ) of work those days ... thank you for warning me , in a muslim society, if someone discovered that you are atheist, he will mostly recommand you to hide it from others , because their are people that can threaten you .

Personaly, My parents know only that I don't believe in Jannah or Jahannam (Heaven and hell)... so sometimes I do my prayers before them, I stop eating in Ramadan when they are present... etc

One of my friend discovered from facebook that I am atheist, so now when he sees me in the street , he avoids me without reason (I don't need this kind).

and the friend I work with , knows that I am non-religions , but he said me before (that he is open minded and does accept everyone different)...

My brother is also non-religion , and my uncles also are.

 

For the debates I spoken about, they are done in the internet... in muslims forum (even sunnah and jihadi forums)...I speak to them all the time... 

 

Thank you friend


baphomet
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-08-21
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:baphomet

Antipatris wrote:

baphomet wrote:
(I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

No kidding. I lurked on an ex-muslim board once, and they had a thread where they exchanged the most outrageous death-threats they received from their still religious friends and neighbours. It was quite...colorful.

Seriously, the crap you ex-muslims have to put up with is jawdropping. You have my respect.

Welcome.

 

Hello friend .. thank you for replying , I am sorry guys because I've had a lot (not Lot the daughterFucker ) of work those days ... thank you for warning me , in a muslim society, if someone discovered that you are atheist, he will mostly recommand you to hide it from others , because their are people that can threaten you .

Personaly, My parents know only that I don't believe in Jannah or Jahannam (Heaven and hell)... so sometimes I do my prayers before them, I stop eating in Ramadan when they are present... etc

One of my friend discovered from facebook that I am atheist, so now when he sees me in the street , he avoids me without reason (I don't need this kind).

and the friend I work with , knows that I am non-religions , but he said me before (that he is open minded and does accept everyone different)...

My brother is also non-religion , and my uncles too

 

For the debates I spoken about, they are done in the internet... in muslims forum (even sunnah and jihadi forums)...I speak to them all the time... 

 

Thank you friend


baphomet
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-08-21
User is offlineOffline
 Antipatris wrote:baphomet

 

Antipatris wrote:

baphomet wrote:
(I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

No kidding. I lurked on an ex-muslim board once, and they had a thread where they exchanged the most outrageous death-threats they received from their still religious friends and neighbours. It was quite...colorful.

Seriously, the crap you ex-muslims have to put up with is jawdropping. You have my respect.

Welcome.

 

Hello friend .. thank you for replying , I am sorry guys because I've had a lot (not Lot the daughterFucker ) of work those days ... thank you for warning me , in a muslim society, if someone discovered that you are atheist, he will mostly recommand you to hide it from others , because their are people that can threaten you .

Personaly, My parents know only that I don't believe in Jannah or Jahannam (Heaven and hell)... so sometimes I do my prayers before them, I stop eating in Ramadan when they are present... etc

One of my friend discovered from facebook that I am atheist, so now when he sees me in the street , he avoids me without reason (I don't need this kind).

and the friend I work with , knows that I am non-religions , but he said me before (that he is open minded and does accept everyone different)...

My brother and my uncles are non-religion too.
 

 

For the debates I spoken about, they are done in the internet... in muslims forum (even sunnah and jihadi forums)...I speak to them all the time... 

 

Thank you friend

 


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
 welcome to the board.

 welcome to the board.


Joker
atheist
Joker's picture
Posts: 180
Joined: 2010-07-23
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums and

Welcome to the forums and hope that you enjoy your time on it. Don't worry too much about Jean, the general consensus seems to be that he is either troll or delusional. Anyhow, welcome.


joe_2007
Theist
Posts: 57
Joined: 2008-06-11
User is offlineOffline
Christians read the Bible, not Koran.

baphomet wrote:

 

Judaism is the most important religion when discussing the truth behind the 3 religions , cuz it's the source of all human sufferings , with the guidance of the aggressive God Yahve, we can say that the racism (race of one people : e.g : israel) is the birth of the 3 religions .(I hope my idea is clear).

 

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

 

baphomet wrote:

Those are my question to theist people in this forum (I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

 

1. Did adam and eve have the sexual organism in the Heavens (the paradise) ?? if so, why should God create them if they are living in Jannah, where there's no reproduction .... that means that God knows that adam and eve will commit sin , that they will go down to earth , that they will reproduce there, ISN'T THIS A BAD AND STUPID GOD WHO LOVES YOU (Sticking out tongue)??

 

      And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

 English standard version. 2001 (Ge 1:28).

 

This passage is before the exile from Eden, so first of all, they were not in Heaven, and secondly, there was clearly meant to be reproduction in the Garden. Yes God knew sin would happen, but He also knew that allowing the human race to continue, would eventually lead to me, and all those who love Him.  He puts up with those who don't love Him, because He knows who, down the road, will love Him.

 

baphomet wrote:

2.In the ark , noah has gathered all the animal species in the world...imagine hundreds of thousands of creations are just assembled in one ARK, if he could do this , then I have another question : HOW DID HE FEED THEM?? HOW DID HE  CLEAN THEIR DROPPINGS? AND WHAT ABOUT INSECTS??

 

I love these types of questions. Allow me to rephrase for you. IF an omnipotent God of the Bible is real, created the entire universe et. all,   and had Noah build a 450 ft long, 75 ft wide, 45 ft high ark, and then IF God herded all the needed animals to Noah and onto the ark and promised Noah that He would keep them safe, Then how did Noah handle the poop?  Just makes me laugh.  If the story is true, then God would certainly be able to sustain the animals on minimal food, and engineers have already shown how passage ways could have been constructed to flush away the wastes overboard. That is if God didn't just sustain them without pooping in the first place.  I thinks its funny when people say things like this. "Oh yeah, if God really did such and such, then how did He do this other task that is completely trivial by comparison?"  It's like saying, "Ok, if that guy if the world's strongest man, then how did he pick up that can of soda."  The question itself allows for the assumption of something extraordinary, to ask something trivial.

 

baphomet wrote:

3.In Abraham story (according to islam) all the animals of the world where crammed in the babylon (where abraham is supposed to be thrown in the fire).. and all the animals except the gecko were trying to extinguish the fire (and that's why in islam Allah will forgive your sins if you killed a gecko LOOL).. all the animals were in the scene , but HOW??  and how could the people that were around the fire stay in there places without any fear of those wild visitors Smiling

This story has no basis, that I know of, in Biblical Scriptures, so this is no a questions for Christians.  My point is answering 2 also works here. You're asking a trivial question after assuming the extraordinary as the setup.

 

baphomet wrote:

4. in the story of abraham , abraham was taking his own son for sacrifice ... what do you think if God (jesus or allah) throws you  in the same situation?? will you kill your own son and finish your life in jail?? and what's this BAD God??

 

Abraham trusted God and it was created to him as righteousness.  Did God have Abraham kill Isaac? No.  And even if He did, then you have to view it from God's perspective. Isaac would have suddenly been in heaven with God. Isaac would have been better off.  When trying to apply ethics to God, you have to look at God's perspective, since you are assuming at that point that God is real. 

 

baphomet wrote:

5.in the story of Lot (in arabic Loti means Gay :hhhhhh)... when people came to his house to violate his visitors (angels)... he proposed : those are my daughters if you want . ... this is a prophet, and he deserves respect from religious people ... but is this an ethical behaviour??? can you tell people that those are your daughters , so do what you want with them?? (Orgy for e.g)??

 

Did God tell Lot to give up his daughters? No. Lot's lack of trust that God was in control of the situation led him to make drastically wrong decisions.  Why would anyone in their right mind even try to claim that this passage is an example of ethical behavior.  Ridiculous strawman.

 

baphomet wrote:

6. In the story of Jacob ( according to the old testament)... he wristles with God Yahveh, and that's the meaning of Israel (isra= wristler , el = God)... but why then we say that the power of this God is absolute... ?

 

This is such a ridiculous question. Yes, God has absolute power. That does not mean that He has to use it at all times. Any one of us have the ability to crush our two-year-olds if they wrestled with us, but we love them, and want to play and see them grow stronger. Just because God used restraint, does not mean He does not have the power.

 

baphomet wrote:

7. in the story of Ismail (second son of Abraham) in the arabia desert... Abraham throws them both(Ismail baby and his mother) in the sands and sun , no water, no food, nothing..then he returned to Canaan.... the same question : is this ethical?? then what's the morality (I mean human moral not religious moral).

 

 

Funny how the Islamic bias stands out in such stark contrast to what the non-Islamic Bible says.

   But God said to Abraham, “Be not displeased because of the boy and because of your slave woman. Whatever Sarah says to you, do as she tells you, for through Isaac shall your offspring be named. 13       And I will make a nation of the son of the slave woman also, because he is your offspring.” 14       So Abraham rose early in the morning and took bread and a skin of water and gave it to Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, along with the child, and sent her away. And she departed and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
   15       When the water in the skin was gone, she put the child under one of the bushes. 16       Then she went and sat down opposite him a good way off, about the distance of a bowshot, for she said, “Let me not look on the death of the child.” And as she sat opposite him, she lifted up her voice and wept. 17       And God heard the voice of the boy, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What troubles you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is. 18       Up! Lift up the boy, and hold him fast with your hand, for I will make him into a great nation.” 19       Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. And she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink. 20       And God was with the boy, and he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow.

 English standard version. 2001 (Gen 21:12–20).

 

Yes it was ethical for Abraham to trust God when He said that He would take care of Hagar and Ishmael.

 

 

 

I hope these answers help. I did not mean to offend you in any way, and I hope that I did not. When I say things are ridiculous, it is because I here the same types of questions all the time.

Thank you,

Joe

 

Oh, and welcome to the board!!!! Smiling


baphomet
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-08-21
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:baphomet

Antipatris wrote:

baphomet wrote:
(I ask the same questions to muslims but the response was the HABITUAL AMAZING ABSENCE OF MIND which is familiar to me in those cases Smiling

No kidding. I lurked on an ex-muslim board once, and they had a thread where they exchanged the most outrageous death-threats they received from their still religious friends and neighbours. It was quite...colorful.

Seriously, the crap you ex-muslims have to put up with is jawdropping. You have my respect.

Welcome.

 

Thank you for your reply my friends , I am sorry guys cuz I had a lot (not Lot the daughterfucker hhhhh) of work to do these days, but finally I found some time to reply.

Don't worry Antipatris , My parents think I am muslim , but they really know that I don't believe in Jannah, nor in Jahannam (heaven and hell)... Nor do I believe in the signs of the doomsday ( the coming of jesus christ to save muslims , the God and Magog, the creature that will come out of the ground and that will speak to people telling them wether they are muslims or unbelivers etc...) ... But they just think I pray five times a day, or fast ramadan (in fact, I eat in ramadan when they are absent Sticking out tongue)

For my friends , one of them discovered that I am atheist from my debates on facebook...  he now avoids me in street cuz he even doesn't want to tell me "good morning"

my brother and two uncles are also non-believers but I don't know whether they are atheists or agnostics...or just non-religious 

and my friend that I work with knows that I am atheist , but he said me before that he is open heart and doesn't make difference between people.

 

so don't worry about that friend , I speak to muslims only on debates in the forums or facebook... not in reality Smiling (so they would slaughter me )


HumanVuvuzela
atheistSilver Member
HumanVuvuzela's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2011-04-24
User is offlineOffline
joe_2007 wrote: I love

joe_2007 wrote:

 

I love these types of questions. Allow me to rephrase for you. IF an omnipotent God of the Bible is real, created the entire universe et. all,   and had Noah build a 450 ft long, 75 ft wide, 45 ft high ark, and then IF God herded all the needed animals to Noah and onto the ark and promised Noah that He would keep them safe, Then how did Noah handle the poop?  Just makes me laugh.  If the story is true, then God would certainly be able to sustain the animals on minimal food, and engineers have already shown how passage ways could have been constructed to flush away the wastes overboard. That is if God didn't just sustain them without pooping in the first place.  I thinks its funny when people say things like this. "Oh yeah, if God really did such and such, then how did He do this other task that is completely trivial by comparison?"  It's like saying, "Ok, if that guy if the world's strongest man, then how did he pick up that can of soda."  The question itself allows for the assumption of something extraordinary, to ask something trivial.

 

 

So do you believe the biblical story of Noah? If not, how do you decide which parts of the bible you should believe, and which parts you shouldn't? By what standards do you make those decisions?


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
joe_2007 wrote: I love these

joe_2007 wrote:

I love these types of questions. Allow me to rephrase for you. IF an omnipotent God of the Bible is real, created the entire universe et. all,   and had Noah build a 450 ft long, 75 ft wide, 45 ft high ark, and then IF God herded all the needed animals to Noah and onto the ark and promised Noah that He would keep them safe, Then how did Noah handle the poop?  Just makes me laugh.  If the story is true, then God would certainly be able to sustain the animals on minimal food, and engineers have already shown how passage ways could have been constructed to flush away the wastes overboard. That is if God didn't just sustain them without pooping in the first place.  I thinks its funny when people say things like this. "Oh yeah, if God really did such and such, then how did He do this other task that is completely trivial by comparison?"  It's like saying, "Ok, if that guy if the world's strongest man, then how did he pick up that can of soda."  The question itself allows for the assumption of something extraordinary, to ask something trivial.

Why doing it the hard way?
 

Btw, God is not omnipotent. He can't forgive.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline