American Atheists to fly aerial banners July 4th.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
American Atheists to fly aerial banners July 4th.

According to their website including my area 27 states will have planes flying banners over high pop areas on July 4th. Including MY area. Unfortunately I will be working.

http://atheists.org/blog/2011/06/29/july-4-aerial-banner-schedule-pictures-win-shirts

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:According to

Brian37 wrote:

According to their website including my area 27 states will have planes flying banners over high pop areas on July 4th. Including MY area. Unfortunately I will be working.

http://atheists.org/blog/2011/06/29/july-4-aerial-banner-schedule-pictures-win-shirts

Those guys rock!

They've got balls, man.

God bless 'em...lol

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
redneF wrote:Brian37

redneF wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Those guys rock!

They've got balls, man.

God bless 'em...lol

They rock, but "balls" is a term I am growing to hate.

The most popular motif, even if religion doesn't want to accept in human history as successfully marketing, when it is successful, is that of the "underdog". But when you look at human history once the underdog, become the asshole.

They certainly have a case, and a reason to stand up to the majority. But I am sick of the term "balls" when it seems testosterone in our species history causes more conflict than it solves.

I am happy that they are doing it to further the rights of humans. It would be nice if our species were left with trash talk and no bloodshed.

All I want in all this long term is for humanity to not look at someone godless  as having a third eye. You push any minority far enough and of course they will have "balls".

You ask any fan of Jesus and they will say he had "balls". You ask any Muslim if Muhammed had"balls" and they will say the same thing.

I am all for atheists standing up to theism. But "balls" is nothing but humans fighting over resources. I am a physical whimp. I am not interested in physical fights. I am interested in humans getting past labels. I will not back a majority simply because of pop culture. But "balls" is a male thing and speaks nothing of pragmatic problem solving

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
http://atheists.org/atheism/P

http://atheists.org/atheism/Patriotism

Wow.

Yet another example of how the atheist movement takes a worthy cause and then turns it into..... that.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:redneF

Brian37 wrote:

redneF wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Those guys rock!

They've got balls, man.

God bless 'em...lol

They rock, but "balls" is a term I am growing to hate.

The most popular motif, even if religion doesn't want to accept in human history as successfully marketing, when it is successful, is that of the "underdog". But when you look at human history once the underdog, become the asshole.

They certainly have a case, and a reason to stand up to the majority. But I am sick of the term "balls" when it seems testosterone in our species history causes more conflict than it solves.

I am happy that they are doing it to further the rights of humans. It would be nice if our species were left with trash talk and no bloodshed.

All I want in all this long term is for humanity to not look at someone godless  as having a third eye. You push any minority far enough and of course they will have "balls".

You ask any fan of Jesus and they will say he had "balls". You ask any Muslim if Muhammed had"balls" and they will say the same thing.

I am all for atheists standing up to theism. But "balls" is nothing but humans fighting over resources. I am a physical whimp. I am not interested in physical fights. I am interested in humans getting past labels. I will not back a majority simply because of pop culture. But "balls" is a male thing and speaks nothing of pragmatic problem solving

What if I had wrote 'courage', instead of 'balls'?...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
According to USA Today, some

According to USA Today, some pilots have backed out, and my area seems to have as well, NC/SC was on the atheist list but when I went back yesterday it wasn't there.

I bet some assholes threatened the pilots and company.

Fucking dickheads