Caylee's law petition

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Caylee's law petition

DURANT, Oklahoma -- After Casey Anthony received the not guilty verdict in her daughter Caylee's death, an Oklahoma woman is doing her part to create a new law in Caylee's name.

Michelle Crowder of Durant started a Change.org petition on Tuesday and it's already gone viral with more than 130,000 supporters in all 50 states joining in 24 hours.

The petition is asking Congress to create "Caylee's Law." The law would make it a federal offense for a parent or guardian to fail to report a child's disappearance to law enforcement.

Find out how you can sign the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

Find out more about Caylee's Law.

http://www.facebook.com/CreateCayleesLaw?sk=info

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Recovering fundamentalist

Recovering fundamentalist wrote:

DURANT, Oklahoma -- After Casey Anthony received the not guilty verdict in her daughter Caylee's death, an Oklahoma woman is doing her part to create a new law in Caylee's name.

Michelle Crowder of Durant started a Change.org petition on Tuesday and it's already gone viral with more than 130,000 supporters in all 50 states joining in 24 hours.

The petition is asking Congress to create "Caylee's Law." The law would make it a federal offense for a parent or guardian to fail to report a child's disappearance to law enforcement.

Find out how you can sign the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

Find out more about Caylee's Law.

http://www.facebook.com/CreateCayleesLaw?sk=info

I can see federal prisons becoming even more overcrowded already....

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Define "timely". 5 minutes?

Define "timely". 5 minutes? a day? a week?

I mean if this law sets a 24 hour time limit and you didn't file a "timely" report because you were looking for the kid yourself for that 24 hours...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Recovering fund... wrote: "Caylee's Law"

O'yeah, Man am I glad to see that !  When I heard the verdict, I thought that something should be done, so this don't happen again. I signed all of the pettions on facebook, but one - it expired ? what already ! WTF

Signature ? How ?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yippee, just what we need.

Yippee, just what we need. More laws. No doubt, Caylee would still be alive if we just had enough laws on the books... While we are at it, we should just have trials held on facebook and skip the whole trial by jury part. Obviously, judging a case based on sensationalized media coverage is a lot more accurate than jurors sitting in a trial room. Actually, screw the trial, lets just draw lots and randomly select someone to go to jail because SOMEONE has to pay because a girl died, doesn't matter if you have evidence or not because it will make me feel better if someone is sitting in jail.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Yippee,

Beyond Saving wrote:

Yippee, just what we need. More laws. No doubt, Caylee would still be alive if we just had enough laws on the books... While we are at it, we should just have trials held on facebook and skip the whole trial by jury part. Obviously, judging a case based on sensationalized media coverage is a lot more accurate than jurors sitting in a trial room. Actually, screw the trial, lets just draw lots and randomly select someone to go to jail because SOMEONE has to pay because a girl died, doesn't matter if you have evidence or not because it will make me feel better if someone is sitting in jail.

Hm.. mark your calendar, it's a red letter day.  I agree with you.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timely? How long is that?

Timely? How long is that? What is the punishment going to be? Will the punishment be the same no matter how long it has been? What if the child was staying with someone other than the parent? Is it reasonable to have this punishment in the majority of cases where the child comes back unharmed, instead of dying? 

This is all emotional reaction and zero rational thought.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare