Fresh Blood

Inferno
User is offlineOffline
Fresh Blood

Hi all,

Dunno how to start this, damn it'd be an easier if there was a form to fill out. I am Inferno. Trying out that nickname for the first time, most of the few friends I have called me Dante for a long time. Get it? Dante's Inferno!

...I'll go sit in a corner now.

FYI:

Saw "The God Delusion" on the shelf at Borders in 2006 and finally had a sense of belonging in the world (didn't read or actively learn about the existence of atheism till over a year later but the fact that there were atheists and that they had a name and a community was a huge boost in and of itself)

(Retrospectively) Been an atheist, definition dependent of course, as far as I can remember

Been culturally religious and attempted some semblance of observance for a long time in respect to family and tradition

Currently a senior pursuing a Biology Major to do medicine, although I'm having doubts about the latter.

Almost completed a religion minor, but my final required course conflicts with my Major courses and I can only complete one by May 2010 so Major won out.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard Inferno!

Welcome aboard Inferno!

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
 HI Hi hi !  Welcome ~

HI Hi hi !  

Welcome ~ Don't sit in the corner too long! Jump right in and have fun!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! I'm a lifelong

Welcome! I'm a lifelong atheist too. Fortunately (or unfortunately, considering the trouble it caused me), I recognized my atheism at a very young age. Around 8, as I recall. The questions I had back then *still* can't be answered by theists. Just goes to show how powerful indoctrination, deception, and brain-washing are, if people can be duped by something an 8 year-old can see through.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Inferno

Hi Inferno - great choice of name, BTW.

If you like Dawkins, try The Ancestor's Tale. It's a lovely succinct piece of work based on the science side of things.

Your theist tends to pull at the little threads hanging off the God Delusion - but Ancestor's Tale is really nice work. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did you have to title the

Did you have to title the thread "fresh blood"? 'cuz now I want some steak tartar or something like that.

ooh, blood pudding.

Anyway - Hi!

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!A biology major.

Welcome!

A biology major. Cool.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
We got the joke about your

We got the joke about your name. But lets be clear about one thing. On this board, I AM THE KING OF CORNBALL!

I'm the king of cornball

There is none lower

Other MCs will call me slower!

So this waitress goes into the kitchen and asks for poached eggs. The cook responds, "I don't deal in stolen property".

If it is a "house salad" how come they serve it in a restaurant?

YOU CANT BEAT ME!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
A man walks into a bar and

A man walks into a bar and says "Ouch!".  It was an iron bar.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Inferno
User is offlineOffline
A Jew, Chinese, and Black

A Jew, Chinese, and Black walk into a bar.

The bartender looks at them and says, "Get the fuck out."

*crickets chirping*

The bar was in Alabama.

*laughter*

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.