The messiah has come to Japan

Arletta
Arletta's picture
User is offlineOffline
The messiah has come to Japan

I found this on a site talking about the 10 most bizarre people in the world.  I'd have to say the discription fits.

http://www.oddweek.com/item_65612.aspx

Mitsuo: a japanese Jesus Christ

Matayoshi Mitsuo is an eccentric Japanese politician with the conviction that he is the God and Christ.According to his program, he will do the Last Judgement as the Christ but the way to do this is totally within the current political system and its legitimacy. His first step as the Savior is to be appointed the prime minister of Japan. Then he will reform Japanese society and then the United Nations should offer him the honor of its General Secretary. Then Matayoshi Jesus will reign over the whole world with two legitimate authorities, not only religious but also political.
He has presented himself in many elections but he has not won yet. He has become well-known for his eccentric campaigns where he urges opponents to commit suicide by hara-kiri.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know Japanese, but

I don't know Japanese, but in Mortal Kombat when a character performs a Hara Kiri....it tends to be rather bloody.

The guy's got to be a complete loon if he thinks that being secretary general of the UN would do shit for his dreams of world power. But then he thinks he's a god. I wonder if he'd consider demonstrating his immortality. If he performs a Hara Kiri himself, and then gets up and walks around some more, then we can worship him.

I predict that should he comply, a funeral is in his future. Will that make me god for predicting the future death of a god?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arletta wrote: I found

Arletta wrote:

I found this on a site talking about the 10 most bizarre people in the world. I'd have to say the discription fits.

http://www.oddweek.com/item_65612.aspx

Mitsuo: a japanese Jesus Christ

Matayoshi Mitsuo is an eccentric Japanese politician with the conviction that he is the God and Christ.According to his program, he will do the Last Judgement as the Christ but the way to do this is totally within the current political system and its legitimacy. His first step as the Savior is to be appointed the prime minister of Japan. Then he will reform Japanese society and then the United Nations should offer him the honor of its General Secretary. Then Matayoshi Jesus will reign over the whole world with two legitimate authorities, not only religious but also political.
He has presented himself in many elections but he has not won yet. He has become well-known for his eccentric campaigns where he urges opponents to commit suicide by hara-kiri.

Does this guy know how the UN works? The next Asian Secretary General will be quite some time from now, given there's an Asian one now...Mitsuo will probably have died of old age by then.