Double whammy

Dissident1
Dissident1's picture
User is offlineOffline
Double whammy

A recent discussion that I was having brought up two irrational precepts at the same time. I was confronted by a religious ideologist who insisted that I must actually believe in the Christian god in order to not believe in god. When I mentioned the falliciousness of this old Christian apologetics argument, I was told that it was not actually an old apologetics argument. She insisted it was her own original thought.

This argument, of course, that you have to believe in god in order to not believe in god is easily refuted. The fact that there are still those who believe it and proclaim it is a rather disturbing thought. It is a perfect example, actually, of willful ignorance and human foolishness.

The fact that she thinks that it is her own original thought is worse. Everything has been discussed and argued over the centuries, and anyone who adheres to hand-me-down traditions can not, in any degree, have an original thought. Dogma does not support thinking for oneself, and would never allow room for original thoughts.

There it is, a very irrational discussion. I can not believe that such discussions are even arising in this day and age.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That's one of the stupidest

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life!

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's very strange... does

That's very strange... does she not realize there are other religions in the world? Puzzled

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
By that logic you'd have to

By that logic you'd have to believe in the FSM, leprechauns, unicorns, UFO's , etc in order to not believe in them. wtf

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Believe to not believe?

Believe to not believe?

wtf

Cursing Man