The most unlikely place...

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
The most unlikely place...

As some of you know, I'm currently recording and producing my first album with the aid of my mate Ben (guitar, drums and backing vox). We're both atheists. The interesting thing is the place we are recording at. Wait for it... An Evangelical Church! A mate of ours, Jonny's dad is the vicar of this church. The reason we chose this place is not only that we get to use it for free but also that it is the perfect space, very quiet, brilliant acoustics (I'm after a slightly haunting echoey sound), and plenty of amps, a piano, a drumkit etc. It also has a decent PA and mics (although we'll be using my stuff for all that).

It just seems really odd, a couple of atheists making an album in a fundie church. I'm off there again this afternoon. We're putting some finishing touches to the first batch of songs before we start recording properly next week.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is too funny! In the

That is too funny!

In the liner notes you should make a comment such as, "This atheists album was recorded with the aid of _______ Evangelical Church."

LOL 

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should put a special

You should put a special thanks to "Jesus and his daddy" on the album cover. 

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's this display board

There's this display board in the church which has cut out letters stapled on which says "God loves you so much" in the church. I'm constantly tempted to change God to doG! Seriously very very tempted! Now I know how Jesus felt in the desert.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley wrote: I'm

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
I'm constantly tempted to change God to doG! 

But, Jacob, a dyslexic will still see it as "god".  Eye-wink

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.