MySpace bulletins

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

I'm sure you guys get stupid myspace bulletins from xians, but this time I responded. If you're on my friends list you should be able to see it, but if not, I'm posting what I put in the bulletin below.

Here's a link to my myspace.

Quote:
I just got this from one of the neo-con xians:
Quote:
Kinda cool that there are so many people on this list. I guess alot of people aren't ashamed to stand up for what they believe in. You opened this because it said BIG NEWS!!......but if it said "Jesus Christ our Lord" would you have opened it? Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of Me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father." It's your choice. If you aren't ashamed to do this, repost with the title "big news" and put your name on the bottom.

[Insert 900+ names here with little OMG CHRIST IS AWESOME GUYZZZZZ comments.]

I have a question for you xians. Why is it that you like to feel like a persecuted minority? In this country, you are a VAST MAJORITY, pushing your religious beliefs on other people all the time. It's a central part of your faith to steamroll your beliefs across any non-believers.

I find it difficult to believe that you would have to guilt trip/reverse psychology people into reposting a bulletin if you're "not ashamed". All Christians, except a few like radical cleric Pat Robertson, are fair-weather Christians. You like the ideas of Christianity, but what you really like if we get down to is is immortality.

Who didn't like watching The Highlander and imagining themselves in his place. Everyone would like to be immortal, barring increasing medical problems associated with old age. You like the idea of dying, but not really staying dead. It's a fantasy, with no basis in reality.

Think about it. What is your proof? You have none. You have feelings, feelings that you've acquired after years of indoctrination. There is no reason for it. None at all. I would love positive proof of an existence of a god that would let me live forever. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I'm too intelligent to just believe that without proof.

I am a reformed xian. I used to believe in Christ dying for my sins, staying dead a few days, flying away, and watching over me. That makes as much sense as Santa and the Easter Bunny being real. Why not believe in those either? You were told they existed since you were young and you finally realized they weren't or you were told they weren't. I'm here telling you that no god claim is true. Think about it.

Anyway, you xians on myspace that forward that junk mail crap as bulletins about your own christianity are so hypocritical as to be comical. Do you have any idea what the bible actually says on some things? Why are you so homophobic but you don't think we should still enslave people?

Xians(christians btw in case you didn't get that by now) use this verse to chastise homosexuals as being immoral:

Leviticus 18:22
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Seems fairly straightforward, but not nearly as specific as other bible logic such as this little number about what to do with a male slave after six years of service:

Exodus 21:2-6
"If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master?s, and he shall go out by himself. And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever"

Or, how about selling your daughter into slavery?
Exodus 21:7-10
"And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do. If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation, he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her. And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters. If he take him another wife: her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish"

Wow, I just bit my tongue while chewing gum and writing this. Jesus be praised.

How do you feel about disobedient children?
Deuteronomy 21:20-21
"And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die"

Mark 7:10
"For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death"

Exodus 21:15
"And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death"

Exodus 21:17
"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death"

Or how about fatties? Should they die too?
Psalms 78:31
"The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel"

You better hope your parents were married!!
Deuteronomy 23:2
"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord: even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord"

Committed a rape? No problem. Pay 50 shekels and you're married!
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
"If a man finds a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days"

I could go on, but the penalty for almost EVERYTHING in christianity is death. Xians are a very hateful bunch who as I said before want to steamroll across any non-believer, and their beliefs are based in nothing but fairy tales. If you take one thing away from this very long MySpace Bulletin, take this: THERE IS NO POSITIVE PROOF OF ANY GOD.

Either you believe in the bible literally or you think it's open to interpretation. If it's open to interpretation, who is interpreting it for you? Why do you still believe in the fact that homosexuality is wrong, but you no longer think slavery is ok? Slavery rules are right there beside the ones condemning homosexuals. That's just an example, but so many xians today selectively believe what makes them feel good, not what their own text says. You're not good xians, even by your own standards. Stop posting bulletins.

This has been your truth for the day.
--Chris

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

I'm not on MySpace and won't go there. Did you know it's owned by Rupert Murdoch? (asshole that owns Faux news.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

Matt, without Myspace, we might've never met Chris. (OP)

Good bulletin Chris!

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

Yeah, everybody's on myspace. I gave in myself not too long ago. I don't see what's so bad about having one. If certain pages suck (like ones with auto-playing videos and animated gif backgrounds all over them), just don't visit them. Mine's nice, high-contrast, and very static. Plus it has a little comic making fun of Jesus!!

Myspace is pretty cool. I'm just glad I found this place. Apparently the mission in Shreveport wasn't a complete success. Counter-intelligence nabbed the goods, it seems. Oh well. We have a little atheist/agnostic group here in town that meets ever so often.

Religion is pretty powerful. I don't care if people want to believe in fairy tales, as long as it doesn't affect me. Unfortunately, christianity definitely affects everyone. Taking a page from Sam Harris (and I bought his End of Faith book), we should be able to ridicule them, the same way we would if the president said Santa was coming to visit him.

Ugh!

BethG
BethG's picture
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

I thought you could only receive bulletins from ppl on your friends list?

CynageN
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

I kept getting massive spam from christians too. I remember one in particular, and I just had to respond to it.

It was something like;

Quote:
If you love Jesus you MUST repost this within xx amount of time. He died for our sins, so repost this unless you're promoting satan. Remember, Jesus said "If you deny me before man, I will deny you before my father"

So I responded with something like this;

Quote:
It's too bad that Satan is looked at as the bad guy in the christian fairy tales. He's the cosmic rebellion, the only one with the balls to question and look what happens when you question in the christian faith! Oh well, maybe he'll break away from the whole religion scene and write books one day Eye-wink

I waited a few days till I knew these people would read it, and then I removed them from my friends list. They were old friends I hadn't seen in a very long time, so I really had no idea what I was getting myself into when I added them.

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

Leda wrote:
I thought you could only receive bulletins from ppl on your friends list?
Right. Not everyone on my friends list is a friend. Plus, I'm really glad he forwarded that. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been inclined to write what I wrote. He motivates me. Smiling

SilkyShrew
Rational VIP!
SilkyShrew's picture
User is offlineOffline
MySpace bulletins

I don't even read my bulletins most of the time, lol.

The people who matter most to me I check on regularly, like RRS, Infidelguy, some feminist groups, and some health groups. The rest I don't even bother with. When I first got on myspace I cared alot more, but it got annoying when people were posting stuff like, "I had a good day today," and that was the whole bulletin. I have something like 600+ friends now, and I use my friends list to keep people up with my show, to have intereaction with my listeners and other such things. I also use it to help boost numbers for other broadcasters on FreeThoughtMedia.

Anyways, I don't get christian spam much, instead I get messages from people hitting on me or asking me about or telling me about bizarre things. I also get spammed by pro-lifers, LOL - I guess that is the closest I get to fundy spam. One blog on abortion, and it was all over, haha