I love -life-, what about you?

RossCaleb
User is offlineOffline

A Catholic friend of mine just said to me (because of my WoE picture on myspace):
Easter is a fun holiday for everyone even if they dont give a rats butt about religion
it's fun
so there should be a distinction
like haloween
everyone loves it regardless of what they believe

Rozcoe13: it's funny though, how all the Christian holidays turn into a cutesy thing of either candy or presents, which of course the impressionable little kids just love

back to her:
everyone loves it
and these "American" holidays are fine

Rozcoe13: I love life

Then she went into how we should all enjoy the holidays, no matter what religion they come from...but I stick to my line. I don't need chocolate eggs to smile. I love life regardless of how many material presents I get in December (being that my birthday is in May...I mean it's ok to be materialistic sometime, haha. since I'm not totally Buddhist).
And I thought the "I love life" line was pretty deep, if you think about it, for how simple it looked. She loves the pretty colors, the bunnies, the egg hunts; I love what? LIFE, mother effer! If you're -that- loving, you wouldn't focus in so much on just one thing, anyway. And if you don't understand that, then...maybe go reflect a bit. It's about being happy without needing (although you could still enjoy) silly holidays that come from ripping off other religions and killing millions of people and entire populations of people. JMO

I always thought that if you want to change the world then you have to start with yourself. So if the heads of state want to end terrorism, they should go ahead and kill themselves. - Anti-Flag

Samuel
Samuel's picture
User is offlineOffline

I got a downgraded chocolate bunny from my mother this year, a tiny one, becaues I "don't believe" anymore.

Easter was originally celebrated by Pegans... Well, the form with the bunny. It had to do with a Sping Goddess and what she did to a bird. She transformed it into a bunny. The bunny could still fly but was sad, so the Pegan Spring Goddess gave it the ability to law eggs once a year on, you guessed it, Easter.

It evolved into the Christian means of celebrating, it didn't evolve from the Christian means of celebrating.

RossCaleb
User is offlineOffline

Yeah that's what I mean by them stealing their holidays from others. They stole both this and Christmas from the Pagans.

I always thought that if you want to change the world then you have to start with yourself. So if the heads of state want to end terrorism, they should go ahead and kill themselves. - Anti-Flag