New Member here

AloneAtheist
User is offlineOffline
New Member here

hey everyone, just joined. I'm a freshman from VCU and a member of the United Secular Alliance. I joined the club out of interest to see what other atheists thought, although I never was that active. Not anymore. We just had a pro-life rally at the school common grounds, with general anti-ungodly thought twist. after listening for two hours, I have come to the conclusion that these people are snakes. I literally had a woman burst into tears next to me after one of their thugs badgered her for having an abortion, then not two seconds latter he started comforting her in this "god loves you" BS tone, utterly despicable.

I think this is what pushed me to join the site and become more active.

about my backround. my parents never taught me about religion. so the concept of an omnipotent being was strange to me during my elementary years. taking an interest in science, I came to the conclusion that the world could be explained rationally, however god is inexplainable( according to my christian peers) and is fundemantally an unpredictable and irrational being, and therfore could not be part of the rational explanation of the world. I still hold to a similar idea that god, although its exsistance I think is un-disprovable, does not need to exsist to explain nature itself. This is besides the massive amount of evidence against the exsistance of the god the christians believe in.

that's about all I can think of for now.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
hey AloneAtheist

hey AloneAtheist

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, you are alone no

Welcome, you are alone no more.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to go to VCU.  I'm

I used to go to VCU.  I'm glad to hear you've joined the United Secular Alliance as well as these forums.

Welcome!