Adding to the ranks

DarwinsMonkey
User is offlineOffline
Adding to the ranks

Hi all!  Finally got around to registering here, and am looking forward to participating.  A little bit about me, in case you're curious.  I'm 2nd generation atheist, although for a good portion of my childhood my mother was active with the Methodist church.  My father has been an atheist pretty much since childhood.  I think he de-converted around age 4 or so after one too many slaps in the face for trying to sing along with his father, a Methodist minister, in church.  I could be wrong about that though.  I'm married (to a diest, but nobody's perfect) and have 4 kids, all in junior high or lower.  Until recently, I would have been hesitant to describe myself as an atheist, and in fact still cannot do so openly at work.  However, after listening to some of Dawkins' speeches on the need to "stand out" and, thanks to the wonder of 'teh intarwebz' realizing that I was not nearly as alone in my lack of belief as I had thought, I am becoming more and more open about being atheist.  I hope it's a trend that continues, and I'm gearing up to help others "come out" in any way I can.

~M

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
hey

hey

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Nero