Open letter to YouTube video, pass it on!

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Open letter to YouTube video, pass it on!

Download the video here and repost everywhere.

Youtubers... post your copy of this video as a response to this one.

Please post the link to your reposted video in this thread.

We spotted a few heros today, meet them and their videos...

A Great Big Thank You To All of You Who Have Blogged About This!

Sorry we can't list every blog but we wanted to give homepage exposure to a few of you, thanks for speaking out. You are our heroes.

If you want to keep up on the Hovind blogs and the firestorm that this has set off please view this relevant google search.

Kent Hovind going copyright crazy Kent Hovind: creationist liar and evil, evil, evil Hovind's Goons use Fraud to Remove Critical YouTube Videos Operation FuckTard YouTube Censors on Behalf of Hovind Crime Family

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian, I understand how to

Brian,

I understand how to download from Revver(and am doing so), but how do you download a video from YouTube and repost it on your YT account?

Miracles don't exist. "Miracle" is a word given to a preposterous event that a theist considers dogmatically advantageous. Def. - Ecclesiastical sensationalism.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
nullusdeus wrote: Brian, I

nullusdeus wrote:

Brian,

I understand how to download from Revver(and am doing so), but how do you download a video from YouTube and repost it on your YT account?

Use Firefox and get an add on from Mozilla.  If there is a specific video you want that you cant download, link us to it, maybe someone can help.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK I'm just putting this

OK I'm just putting this out there, please don't get pissed off.

What if YouTube is sick of the constant battles and has just decided to block the RRS using this weak excuse? To be brutally honest, if I ran a site like YouTube, I would be very sick by now of having to adjudicate these constant poltiical and legal battles and I'd be looking for any way to put an end to it. Fairness wouldn't be my primary concern...saving my sanity and the sanity of my staff would be. It's supposed to be an entertainment site - they probably resent being used as a political tool in the first place.

Please don't kill me for this, you know I love the RRS and everything you do and I'm not assigning blame at all just trying to put another perspective out there in hopes that it will help you formulate strategy. 

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm uploading the new video

I'm uploading the new video to youtube right now.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Tilberian wrote:

Tilberian wrote:

What if YouTube is sick of the constant battles and has just decided to block the RRS using this weak excuse? To be brutally honest, if I ran a site like YouTube, I would be very sick by now of having to adjudicate these constant poltiical and legal battles and I'd be looking for any way to put an end to it.

If youtube is sick of battling, their best strategy at this point would be to reinstate all videos that were pulled down unjustly.

While I lean towards agreeing with you it should be very clear that I'm not gonna give up on this one. Some things are just worth standing up for, some things define us, I believe this is one of them.

Quote:
Fairness wouldn't be my primary concern...saving my sanity and the sanity of my staff would be.

I agree. I know personally I've told my mods here that they should pull the ban button if someone requires too much of your time. I am not concerned with youtubes sanity or feelings, and they certainly don't seem to be concerned about mine.

Quote:
It's supposed to be an entertainment site - they probably resent being used as a political tool in the first place.

Have you seen that they courted the Presidential candidates to get on youtube? http://www.youtube.com/youchoose

Youtube is a business. Right now they're running their business poorly (admittedly their choice). I'm speaking out about it. I would've merely been speaking out about CSE but youtube done went and removed 100+ of our videos and the second most popular atheist account on youtube (appx. 5000 subscribers). Just yesterday many people were asking us to speak up about our ban, so we did.

Please try to keep in mind that we can't please everyone.

Quote:
Please don't kill me for this, you know I love the RRS and everything you do and I'm not assigning blame at all just trying to put another perspective out there in hopes that it will help you formulate strategy.

Thanks man, we appreciate it. We need all the brainstorming we can get. I'm not sure you really said much that I disagree with.

Urban Elf
User is offlineOffline
Music with words and text videos

Text videos are fine and adding a soundtrack to them can give them some added interest, but adding a soundtrack with sung or spoken words is usually just distracting. It's like my eyes and ears are competing for control over the language part of my brain.

I don't know... maybe nobody else expereinces this. Just trying to offer some constructive criticism.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Urban Elf wrote: Text

Urban Elf wrote:

Text videos are fine and adding a soundtrack to them can give them some added interest, but adding a soundtrack with sung or spoken words is usually just distracting. It's like my eyes and ears are competing for control over the language part of my brain.

I don't know... maybe nobody else expereinces this. Just trying to offer some constructive criticism.

I agree.  I came to the decision that those interested in both the text and the song would watch it multiple times to try and take it all in.  You could mute it if it was a distraction, and then listen to it as you turned your head.  Eye-wink

Lynx
Lynx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Uploaded the letter

Uploaded the letter here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmrNJpxoHvE 

Love the song, by the way.

Also have the first video with the call to the prosecuter here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-texuQ5P8 

Rammknot
Superfan
Rammknot's picture
User is offlineOffline
here is my

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bad Astronomer, Phil Plait

Bad Astronomer, Phil Plait shows his support here.

Phil's comments on this saga. 

ivarbt
User is offlineOffline

rachellynneblin
rachellynneblin's picture
User is offlineOffline
youtube response and more

OK...I did it. I responded to the Youtube as asked. Screen name there is bonoborubbing (Tongue out) and the url for that is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWUeLx7x16AI I will also be posting it in my personal blog and in my profile page on myspace: Name is Rachel Lynn; simple url is http://myspace.com/whispermeagape 

The people have always some champion whom they set over them and nurse into greatness...This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector. ~~Plato- The Republic

askegg
atheist
askegg's picture
User is offlineOffline
The easiest way I have

The easiest way I have found to download a YT video is to replace "youtube" in the URL with "kissyoutube".  

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-0JAWF66U

changes to

http://www.kissyoutube.com/watch?v=XC-0JAWF66U 

This will present you with a page from which you an download the source flash file.  Just be sure to give it a name you will remember. 

--------------------
http://www.godless.biz/

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK.   This is going to be

OK. Smiling  This is going to be fun.

I needed to set up a new e-mail account first.  I've decided "Iruka" is my atheist screen name, user name, e-mail address, etc.  Call it an Intrapersonal Separation of Church and State issue. Eye-wink  I guess I get to compartmentalize, just like the fundies.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

urbanrust
urbanrust's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always use vixy to

I always use vixy to download videos from YouTube:

http://vixy.net/

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tilberian wrote: OK I'm

Tilberian wrote:

What if YouTube is sick of the constant battles and has just decided to block the RRS using this weak excuse? To be brutally honest, if I ran a site like YouTube, I would be very sick by now of having to adjudicate these constant poltiical and legal battles and I'd be looking for any way to put an end to it. Fairness wouldn't be my primary concern...saving my sanity and the sanity of my staff would be. It's supposed to be an entertainment site - they probably resent being used as a political tool in the first place.

That most certainly wouldn't be the case.  Why?  Because what is going on here is VERY small fish compared to what is going on with youtube and the extortionists/organised crime lords known as the RIAA and MPAA. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

The_Saint
Theist
The_Saint's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  All this furor over

Wow.  All this furor over having your Youtube account suspended?  I find this amusing for two reasons:  

1) you seem to labor under the delusion that you have some sort of inalienable right to a Youtube account, which you don't; and:

2) Your hypocritical outrage at this suspension as an example of "silencing of critics", when the RRS routinely bans and deletes the posts of those who criticize their militant atheist world-view.

What goes around, comes around.

The Saint

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: If youtube

Sapient wrote:

If youtube is sick of battling, their best strategy at this point would be to reinstate all videos that were pulled down unjustly.

While I lean towards agreeing with you it should be very clear that I'm not gonna give up on this one. Some things are just worth standing up for, some things define us, I believe this is one of them.

I agree. I know personally I've told my mods here that they should pull the ban button if someone requires too much of your time. I am not concerned with youtubes sanity or feelings, and they certainly don't seem to be concerned about mine.

Right.

IMHO, their actions (and inaction) made YouTube fair game.  Now I'm going to go get my new account banned. Laughing out loud

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
The_Saint wrote:

The_Saint wrote:
Wow. All this furor over having your Youtube account suspended? I find this amusing for two reasons:

1) you seem to labor under the delusion that you have some sort of inalienable right to a Youtube account, which you don't; and:

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Sapient concedes that youtube has this right, as its their business.

sapient wrote:
Youtube is a business. Right now they're running their business poorly (admittedly their choice). 

Please don't make an ass out of yourself by making a claim already refuted in a post above yours.

Quote:

2) Your hypocritical outrage at this suspension as an example of "silencing of critics", when the RRS routinely bans and deletes the posts of those who criticize their militant atheist world-view.

The Saint

Again, you have a reading comprehension problem. The issues revolves around CSE making a false claim vis-a-vis copyright issues... Sapient's not complaining simply about Youtube pulling down the RRS account, it's not JUST that, he's complaining about CSE's false claims and how Youtube is caving in to false claims.

You seem to have a basic inability to grasp even the basic points correctly. Is there really a need for anyone to deal with you, if you can't even be bothered to see if your hate rants have even the slightest connection to reality?

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
The_Saint wrote: 1) you

The_Saint wrote:

1) you seem to labor under the delusion that you have some sort of inalienable right to a Youtube account, which you don't

While I don't agree that we've ever given the impression that we seem to think we have an inalienable right to youtube, I will agree that we DON'T HAVE an inalienable right to youtube.

Quote:

We don't "silence critics" simply because they are critics. I implore anyone to confirm these claims for themselves as they scour our message boards and find plenty of people who criticize us and our positions. Some people are able to work within the rules, some can't. We attempt to apply the rules as fairly as possible on our site. I can tell you some atheists have been banned as well.

Now here I am drawing attention to your criticism, do you still find it a good argument that we "routinely" delete posts of those who criticize?

Here are the rules, get aquainted.

Quote:

Not always, but it seems as if at least in this case, that is likely to be true of the actions of CSEM.

Follow my lead...
Operation Spread Eagle, Kent Hovind, Creation Science Evangelism Ministries, Eric Hovind, Jo Hovind, Liar, Evolution, Copyright, Fraud, Youtube, Fair Use Law, EFF

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just got back from a

I just got back from a lovely evening spamming YouTube with videos, comments and an e-mail. It was fun.

I suggest you try it. Bring a friend.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
urbanrust wrote: I always

urbanrust wrote:

I always use vixy to download videos from YouTube:

http://vixy.net/

My Firefox plugin couldn't resolve YouTube addresses (the URL is often a redirect) and did some poking around before I saw your post.  I ended up using vixy.net and it worked great. 

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
The_Saint wrote: Your

The_Saint wrote:

Your hypocritical outrage at this suspension as an example of "silencing of critics", when the RRS routinely bans and deletes the posts of those who criticize their militant atheist world-view.

The Saint

That's rich.  I'm sure you noted with satisfaction when we censored your comment and promptly banned you. 

Thome theistths are tho thilly.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
We have a new "Open Letter

We have a new "Open Letter to Youtube" to be released as soon as we can complete our fact check.  The story will uncover the reason the Richard Dawkins account is not active, and why it should be. 

The format for the new video will be similar to the one we just put out, and we hope that as many people support reposting  our upcoming videos as much as they are supporting our two current videos.   Thanks to all for speaking up!

urbanrust
urbanrust's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I have the same

Yeah, I have the same problem with the FireFox plugin, so I searched and found vixy too, glad it worked for you also : )

I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.

SilverWyrm
User is offlineOffline
Song

What's the name of the song and the artist who performed it? Love them both.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
SilverWyrm wrote: What's

SilverWyrm wrote:

Greydon Square

www.myspace.com/openatheism

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
SilverWyrm wrote: What's

SilverWyrm wrote:

Greydon Square: Rational Response Squad theme song www.thecomptoneffect.com

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay, I blogged

Okay, I blogged it!Cool

http://homelessatheist.com 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
This guy is daring Hovind to

This guy is daring Hovind to DMCA his video.

Apotheon
Theist
Apotheon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hovind

This is a typical atheist ad hominem stragey to attack the person, and ignore the science. Hovind's crime has nothing to do with his arguments and science. Anyone who has watched his debates, knows that the evolutionists have lost every single time. I wonder how many people here have even seen his debates.  Evolution is dead. Way back in 1997 "Nature" featured an article stating that 40% of American scientists deny or question the theory of evolution. I suspect there may have been more, but due to academic politics, they were afraid of losing their teaching posts. Today the number of honest scientists in favor of creationism has probably doubled. I suspect evolution will go the way of the dinosaurs within a few more years. Incidently, 50% of Americans today believe in a literal 6 day creation.

The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator -- Louis Pasteur

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Apotheon wrote: This is a

Apotheon wrote:
 This is a typical atheist ad hominem stragey to attack the person, and ignore the science. Hovind's crime has nothing to do with his arguments and science. Anyone who has watched his debates, knows that the evolutionists have lost every single time. I wonder how many people here have even seen his debates.  Evolution is dead. Way back in 1997 "Nature" featured an article stating that 40% of American scientists deny or question the theory of evolution. I suspect there may have been more, but due to academic politics, they were afraid of losing their teaching posts. Today the number of honest scientists in favor of creationism has probably doubled. I suspect evolution will go the way of the dinosaurs within a few more years. Incidently, 50% of Americans today believe in a literal 6 day creation.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about evolutoin as some here but evolution won't go away. Most people in western civilization except evolution. Evolution is a scientific theory, it is not a populuarity contest.

Also, the nature thing said "question it" all scientists question all theories, one needs skepticism within thet scientfic field. Scientists IN THE RELEVENT FIELDS widely and i mean widely accept it.

Another thing, they aren't attacking him and saying it refutes their argument. They are showing how CSE has committed a felony by submitting false DMCA claims, how this has anything to do with is actual arguments, which by the way are utter crap, i have no clue.

Now i'll let deludedgod(or someone else in the field) rip you a new one about evolution.