Finding a middle ground.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Finding a middle ground.

I've been reading on how the Catholic church has been deciphering Creation vs evolution. Having gone over quite a few web pages on the subject, it amounts to a failure to find a common ground for the two to be compatable. There's more "kicking dirt" then necessary so it's hard or impossible to determine if they made any determinations. They can't come up with an "either/or". In 1000s of words and wrangling they've accomplished nothing.

So what's this supposed to mean ---> The biblical beginning should be read as a religious document not a scientific one. ???? What I get from that is---let the scientists be right and let religion be right. But, they both can't be right. It is or it ain't, is the way it has to be.

I submit they're interpretation is faulty to begin with. According to an Apostle creation is something invisible, so that means that they aren't seeing creation the way religions are. If creaton is something invisible then it isn't anything material. The only thing that it could be--as being invisable would be--a discription of "person", a person is considered (in biblical form) to be non-material. It looks as thoughtn they can't avoid getting the two mixed up. They're trying to give material (in their explanations) a spritual form.

They accept creation as a formation of a material universe, but as they go in their analysis of it somehow gets into the realm of the spiritual. The material universe is a materila universe---anything else existing in the universe has to be psychological. There are no other things to consider. To begin with, they are definetly wrong in their interpretations. It's irrational to create a spiritual/material understanding. The two cannot be the same. 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 If the Catholic church is

If the Catholic church is involved in it then it is complete bullshit. Nothing they do is worthwhile. They steal from the poor, give to the rich, rape kids, hide the rapists. Hang them all. From the Poop down to the Priests who rape little kids.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Considering

digitalbeachbum wrote:

If the Catholic church is involved in it then it is complete bullshit. Nothing they do is worthwhile. They steal from the poor, give to the rich, rape kids, hide the rapists. Hang them all. From the Poop down to the Priests who rape little kids.

there is no possible middle ground between evolution and creationism, it takes on jibberish just to keep followers. Religion is a business just as any other business, so, to keep the money coming requires confusing the customers that believe they need your product, coming back to the store.  The obvious fact is--- religions cannot exist without money, unless they can operate by direct donations of material sustanance by followers.

When us Smurfs read the book we don't see creation as a material construction as pointed out by an Apostle. Bibilcal creation to us is pure psychiatry. Someone a long time past figured out what a person is. Creation is a discription of "person" put in context of symbols. Probably becasue they didn't have the vocabulary for the elements they discovered. Psychiatry is derived from the Roman goddess of the mind, Psychie,  or mental concepts. So, if we're right and they're wrong, then religions cannot be valid. Bearing in mind that ,if, religions claim divine revelation it can't possibly be so. Divine revelation cannot be in error (according to them) but--they are. If divine revelation is true then they would have known that creation is a mental concept not a material concept. So -they're seach for a middle gound is moot, and that's why they're having these problems with evolution. There,s nothing in biblical creation that warrants any incorporation of evolution when creation is of the mental rather then the physical. They're wrong by thier own defaults. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

there is no possible middle ground between evolution and creationism, it takes on jibberish just to keep followers. Religion is a business just as any other business, so, to keep the money coming requires confusing the customers that believe they need your product, coming back to the store.  The obvious fact is--- religions cannot exist without money, unless they can operate by direct donations of material sustanance by followers.

When us Smurfs read the book we don't see creation as a material construction as pointed out by an Apostle. Bibilcal creation to us is pure psychiatry. Someone a long time past figured out what a person is. Creation is a discription of "person" put in context of symbols. Probably becasue they didn't have the vocabulary for the elements they discovered. Psychiatry is derived from the Roman goddess of the mind, Psychie,  or mental concepts. So, if we're right and they're wrong, then religions cannot be valid. Bearing in mind that ,if, religions claim divine revelation it can't possibly be so. Divine revelation cannot be in error (according to them) but--they are. If divine revelation is true then they would have known that creation is a mental concept not a material concept. So -they're seach for a middle gound is moot, and that's why they're having these problems with evolution. There,s nothing in biblical creation that warrants any incorporation of evolution when creation is of the mental rather then the physical. They're wrong by thier own defaults. 

All religions are poison

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Agree.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

All religions are poison

What we came to realize is, (I don't particu;larly care to get into this further) Chridtianity isn't a religion. It's the rudiments of being a partivular manner of person. There's no religion required for that. Religions are because of a lost society trying to find it's way with no map. So, someone invented one that goes nowhere.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote: Chridtianity

Old Seer wrote:

Chridtianity isn't a religion. It's the rudiments of being a partivular manner of person. There's no religion required for that. Religions are because of a lost society trying to find it's way with no map. So, someone invented one that goes nowhere.

That's a bold statement to make and one that I find false.

All religions are made up of dogma, writings and followers.

Christianity has all three of those segments.

Christianity did not exist until long after Jesus (if he did exist).

The same as Buddhism didn't exist until long after Siddartha.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Here's the thing.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Chridtianity isn't a religion. It's the rudiments of being a partivular manner of person. There's no religion required for that. Religions are because of a lost society trying to find it's way with no map. So, someone invented one that goes nowhere.

That's a bold statement to make and one that I find false.

All religions are made up of dogma, writings and followers.

Christianity has all three of those segments.

Christianity did not exist until long after Jesus (if he did exist).

The same as Buddhism didn't exist until long after Siddartha.

What you're refering to is Christianity as it's seen or understood. We don't see it the same way as the world does. Christianity is the same as the personage of Adam. Adam had no religion. We find christianity and adam to be the same mental makeup. The worlds understanding of JC is a misconception. This is also where we aren't understood. When we refer to "Christianity", we don't mean what the world see's it as. What the religions did was carried on their former religion and attached the bible to it.

Their Christianity is a religion, ours isn't. That's what you may find hard to understand. Smiling

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:What you're

Old Seer wrote:

What you're refering to is Christianity as it's seen or understood. We don't see it the same way as the world does. Christianity is the same as the personage of Adam. Adam had no religion. We find christianity and adam to be the same mental makeup. The worlds understanding of JC is a misconception. This is also where we aren't understood. When we refer to "Christianity", we don't mean what the world see's it as. What the religions did was carried on their former religion and attached the bible to it.

Their Christianity is a religion, ours isn't. That's what you may find hard to understand. Smiling

Do you understand what fallacies are? Do you realize the logical mistakes you are making?

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
In due respect DBB.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Do you understand what fallacies are? Do you realize the logical mistakes you are making?

You're not understanding what I'm getting at or saying.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Getting back

to the OP. What they're trying to do as I see it, is take yes and no, then fuzzy the s on yes and the n on no, combining them, or over lapping them  so a follower really cant see what is what and has no choice but to stay a believer thinking the problem has been explained.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 There is no "middle

There is no "middle ground". While it is absolutely true theists of every religion can and do accept science, scientific method itself is not a religion. There are apologists in every religion, that either try to debunk science, or when that does not work try to retrofit modern science and co opt it to point to their respective club.

Theists whom accept science only do so up and until it starts conflicting with their beliefs. But again, this isn't about just Catholics, but Muslims and Jews and Buddhists and Hindus. If any religion were 100% matching up with science all the time on every claim it would be obvious to the entire world.

What I see in reality is a species that cant accept, that that was then and this is now. What I see is a species who fails to see that our ability to make discoveries is in our evolution, and not a patent held by one label. You most certiainly CAN find people in history comming from all over the world that have contributeded to discoveres, that says to me our curiosity isn't divinely handed down to our species, but has always been in us.

There is no separarate but equal, just separate.

Victor Stenger's two books "God The Failed Hypothesis" and

"The New Atheism" address the fallacy of "overlapping magistyria" as some Christians use to argue.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
 When you mix science with

When you mix science with religion you get pseudo science.