What does

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
What does

the upcoming eclipse mean for your horoscope--the ad/clickbait/whatever says. Strange things are supposed to happen this time. I didn't read the artical cuz I,m not into such. But, if you have a horoscope interest tell us about it. Why is this one different from all the others.??? What's going to happen--are all the freeze drying coffee machines going to quite---what--???

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
It doesn't mean anything

It doesn't mean anything other than the light from the sun will be blocked out for a while.

This one I believe has a total blockage of 2 minutes while the one in 1980 was 17 minutes.

Amazing shit if you ask me, but horoscopes and such are a waste of time.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 We have an eclipse every

We have an eclipse every day. It is called night. So what is the big deal?

Would be nice if humanity could put an artificial sun blocker in orbit. Then we could cool down the planet as needed. We'd have to stop global whining first.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: We have an

EXC wrote:

Would be nice if humanity could put an artificial sun blocker in orbit. Then we could cool down the planet as needed. We'd have to stop global whining first.

Contradict much?

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I was thinking

digitalbeachbum wrote:

It doesn't mean anything other than the light from the sun will be blocked out for a while.

This one I believe has a total blockage of 2 minutes while the one in 1980 was 17 minutes.

Amazing shit if you ask me, but horoscopes and such are a waste of time.

that maybe they think all the volcanos will go off at the same time. There's 2 milliom floks living near Mt Vesuvius now, so I suppose they'd better get out of town. The worst that could happen is all the milk turns sour.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I came upon an

EXC wrote:

article a while back that proposed the same. Only they also had the idea of turning the it over and reflecting daylight where it was dark.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:We have an eclipse

EXC wrote:
We have an eclipse every day. It is called night.

That isn't an eclipse. So dumb. lol

an obscuring of the light from one celestial body by the passage of another between it and the observer or between it and its source of illumination.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Todays click-on says

this is an "historic" eclipse. Why? Aren't they all historic. I've been informed that there are floks that think this one is ---yup---you got it---the end of the world. The 666ers are going bezerko rom what I've heard---or is it   herd. Jeeez

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:this is an

Old Seer wrote:

this is an "historic" eclipse. Why? Aren't they all historic. I've been informed that there are floks that think this one is ---yup---you got it---the end of the world. The 666ers are going bezerko rom what I've heard---or is it   herd. Jeeez

The only thing interesting about this one was it went cost to cost in the US, which had not done so in a long time, I think the last time was 1937.

The next one for coast to coast will be in 2045. I'll be 77 then and it will come through Orlando.

The one in 1979 was more historic. It had a total black out of 17 minutes compared to this one which was barely 3 minutes.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
At that age

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

The only thing interesting about this one was it went cost to cost in the US, which had not done so in a long time, I think the last time was 1937.

The next one for coast to coast will be in 2045. I'll be 77 then and it will come through Orlando.

The one in 1979 was more historic. It had a total black out of 17 minutes compared to this one which was barely 3 minutes.

you'll know how dirt feels. I wish every bit you'll be around to see it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

I hope I don't know how dirt feels. I hope at 77 I feel younger. However, with my aliments I might be in a wheel chair if I can't solve some of the pain issues.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
genetics-

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

I hope I don't know how dirt feels. I hope at 77 I feel younger. However, with my aliments I might be in a wheel chair if I can't solve some of the pain issues.

I find, has alot to do with one's health when older. Maybe I can help being I'm as old as dirt. In my family I mhave 2 sisters, I'm the only boy. (Now   I said boy, because as things are at my age I'm still boyish) From what I acn make of it, My older sister and I have our mother's genetics,. Our younger sister has the fathers. My genetic father dies at 76. My mother passd 3 years ago at 95. Cookie my youngest sister died about two years before Mom from diabetes.. (be aware I have a foster Mom that died in may, so I have 2 Moms. On Dads side there rampant Diabetes. Now Barb the older sis and I have no telltails of diabetes and Mom developed slight diabetes before passing, but it wasn't the cause of her death. It is very clear to us that we are of Mom's genetic family side more so then dads becasue we can see obvious traits of ourselves that are Moms.

What I recomend is, check your family health and death history which may show your older age tendancies. If you know the history you can intercept problems as they begin to show as you get older, or, you'll be more prepared to offset them early by diet, excersise, meds or what's needed. Be care full on excersise, alot is good for some but not others. I walk 3 miles per day around the property here. but not all in one walk. 1 mile at a time over the day.

Then there's "attitude". For some more then others attitude is a health risk. But it does affect everyone to some degree. IE--There is no reason on earth why some one cannot be happy most of the time. A person can be happy for no reason at all. I advise not to look for reasons to be happy becasue I've learned I can be at will. A warlike mental condition will also shorten life, and leads to bad health sooner then should be. I hope I've been helpful.Let problems bother you for only a short time then get off it, If a problem can be dispached quickly-fine, but after a short period --live with it and return to normal.

Being a Marine Vet you may be in line for VA bennies if you haven't seen to it as yet. There should be a VA rep somewhere near you.  They're give you a once a year appointment whether you need it or not.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:I find, has

Old Seer wrote:
I find, has alot to do with one's health when older. Maybe I can help being I'm as old as dirt. In my family I mhave 2 sisters, I'm the only boy. (Now   I said boy, because as things are at my age I'm still boyish) From what I acn make of it, My older sister and I have our mother's genetics,. Our younger sister has the fathers. My genetic father dies at 76. My mother passd 3 years ago at 95. Cookie my youngest sister died about two years before Mom from diabetes.. (be aware I have a foster Mom that died in may, so I have 2 Moms. On Dads side there rampant Diabetes. Now Barb the older sis and I have no telltails of diabetes and Mom developed slight diabetes before passing, but it wasn't the cause of her death. It is very clear to us that we are of Mom's genetic family side more so then dads becasue we can see obvious traits of ourselves that are Moms.

What I recomend is, check your family health and death history which may show your older age tendancies. If you know the history you can intercept problems as they begin to show as you get older, or, you'll be more prepared to offset them early by diet, excersise, meds or what's needed. Be care full on excersise, alot is good for some but not others. I walk 3 miles per day around the property here. but not all in one walk. 1 mile at a time over the day.

Then there's "attitude". For some more then others attitude is a health risk. But it does affect everyone to some degree. IE--There is no reason on earth why some one cannot be happy most of the time. A person can be happy for no reason at all. I advise not to look for reasons to be happy becasue I've learned I can be at will. A warlike mental condition will also shorten life, and leads to bad health sooner then should be. I hope I've been helpful.Let problems bother you for only a short time then get off it, If a problem can be dispached quickly-fine, but after a short period --live with it and return to normal.

Being a Marine Vet you may be in line for VA bennies if you haven't seen to it as yet. There should be a VA rep somewhere near you.  They're give you a once a year appointment whether you need it or not.

I get a monthly payment from them for my injuries and I on occasion go to the VA for some stuff, but to be honest with you, I get more help from the private sector and seeking my own solutions.

I stopped going because they wanted to give me Motrin all the time. When I complained about that not working, they wanted to give me stronger stuff. I quit going because they didn't understand the problems.

I figure when I get older I'll need them for my meds. My father used them for meds and got them rather cheaply from them. However, the VA is really messed up to be honest with you. It takes for ever to get an appointment and when I get in there it is difficult to get them to listen.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I recomend you

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

I get a monthly payment from them for my injuries and I on occasion go to the VA for some stuff, but to be honest with you, I get more help from the private sector and seeking my own solutions.

I stopped going because they wanted to give me Motrin all the time. When I complained about that not working, they wanted to give me stronger stuff. I quit going because they didn't understand the problems.

I figure when I get older I'll need them for my meds. My father used them for meds and got them rather cheaply from them. However, the VA is really messed up to be honest with you. It takes for ever to get an appointment and when I get in there it is difficult to get them to listen.

you keep going--at least to your yearly appointment, to keep your records active, or in the future you may have to start all over and take time to reopen your files. The VA at minneaplois is the best I know of. They do the pill thing too, but you don't have to take them.  You are correct on the pill thing. They try to have aturn over as they aquire large quantities at a time. I suspect they try to use them up quickly before the "out of date" arrives. I don't blame them for that. Last year they changed my antacid from omeprazole and this other doesn't work very well. But, I live with it to help them along. My next appointment is next month ---I want my omepies back. The VA sure beats paying for health care though. Be prepared for when you get older for the ole stumpmick to start producing a bunch more acid then needed. Also be aware, if you're not, in your mid 30s is actually when old age has alredy started. How you hanlde it at that age goes along way to your older health. Watch out for overstraining muscles. Such an injury in your 30s  can cause a torn muscle in your 50s.