The only thing that stops the NRA with a bad idea are FACTS......

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The only thing that stops the NRA with a bad idea are FACTS......

Ok assholes, just like other topics, point to Bill Gates and Nick Hanour, and now Pete Blair on the issue of dipshits who think use of a gun is simply about hitting a target.......... "Good guy with a gun" is a FUCKING MYTH...... So you don't have to believe me. Pete's job is to TRAIN law inforcement in crisis/stress use of a gun. The good guy doing it successfuly is only 3% based on an FBI report. So here is your "good guy with a gun" saying that the NRA is fucking full of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI4bUk4vuM Now if you don't like that, then argue with them directly here is ALLERRT'S FB PAGE.... https://www.facebook.com/ALERRT/?fref=ts Now again, none of this has to wanting to create a state where no guns exist at all. This has to do with immoral marketing of guns and putting profits above lives. No different than Nader having to drag the auto industry into doing the right thing. Legal vs illegal is NOT the issue. The gun rights advocates cannot rightfully argue keeping them out of the wrong hands and scream murder when someone suggest better vetting. Not everyone who commits a crime with a gun has a record when they legally purchase the gun. The issue is our flooded market and far too many people getting them, even legally thinking that nothing ever bad will happen.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, fortunately you

Well, fortunately you would never let the facts stop you. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol Brian is actually a

lol Brian is actually a member of the NRA. A puppet designed to gather all the dumbest ideas about gun control and all the worst arguments for implementing them so the the NRA can point at him and say he's the crazy one. They were wildly successful in their goal.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I bet this person had all

I bet this person had all the good intent in the world too........ Just like a drunk driver, she also probably thought she was doing the right thing. Probably thought nothing bad would happen, after all, it is a gun range. 

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2015/12/18/shooting-reported-at-wilmington-gun-range/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yet more bullshit

Yet more bullshit assumptions by Brian.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Open carry damned good

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Open carry

The right to bear arms in America, the 2nd Amendment, was hijacked by lobbyists and greedy gun manufactures who wanted profit. It is now a warped and chaotic right which has become a thorn in the American public. The intent originally was for there to be a militia. It was not intended for individual gun ownership.

The only way this can be solved is to form militias for each county of each state. If you want to own a gun you must be a member of the militia. Then train them to patrol the neighborhoods.

Every four years they have to take an exam for being allowed to handle a gun. Then also test them mentally to see if they are stable.

No weapons are sold to individuals but through the militia. Then the militia distributes the weapons and keeps track of who has what weapons.

Then the militias are regulated by the states. etc etc etc.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:  Open carry

lol ridiculous. The very suggestion is laughable. There isn't even a single mention of the time between the call and the beginning of the shooting. It could have been days or microseconds. There is thusly absolutely no evidence to conclude the open carry law in any way slowed down police response.

It is also a fact that if police arrested every single person ever observed to be carrying a weapon that the worlds biggest prison population would grow significantly, and all those who got a record for merely holding a weapon would see their employment prospects dwindle and most would end up on social assistance. Lawsuits against police would increase in frequency, further reducing already scarce resources.

And the crazy assholes with weapons that they can conceal would still have no trouble at all killing random people.

crimsonghost
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Bad idea...

"The only thing that stops the NRA with a bad idea are FACTS...... 

Ok assholes, just like other topics, point to Bill Gates and Nick Hanour, and now Pete Blair on the issue of dipshits who think use of a gun is simply about hitting a target.......... "Good guy with a gun" is a FUCKING MYTH...... So you don't have to believe me. Pete's job is to TRAIN law inforcement in crisis/stress use of a gun. The good guy doing it successfuly is only 3% based on an FBI report. So here is your "good guy with a gun" saying that the NRA is fucking full of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI4bUk4vuM Now if you don't like that, then argue with them directly here is ALLERRT'S FB PAGE.... https://www.facebook.com/ALERRT/?fref=ts Now again, none of this has to wanting to create a state where no guns exist at all. This has to do with immoral marketing of guns and putting profits above lives. No different than Nader having to drag the auto industry into doing the right thing. Legal vs illegal is NOT the issue. The gun rights advocates cannot rightfully argue keeping them out of the wrong hands and scream murder when someone suggest better vetting. Not everyone who commits a crime with a gun has a record when they legally purchase the gun. The issue is our flooded market and far too many people getting them, even legally thinking that nothing ever bad will happen."

A friend of mine walked into a Bass Pro Shops in Ohio with no pre-arrangement made, armed only with a credit card and a driver's license, and walked out with a .380 concealable laser-sighted semi-automatic pistol and a box of ammunition.

This isn't to say anything about my friend or Bass Pro Shops, but the ease with which he got a handgun, with no wait period, no FBI background check. (If my facts are wrong, I apologize - I am reporting the scenario as I understood it)

I'm not worried about my friend putting a bullet into someone he shouldn't. I personally wouldn't carry a firearm simply because I don't believe I would be a stable person in that type of situation. I wouldn't necessarily make the best decision, or my finger may slip - I just don't want the responsibility, and I'm anti-brutality anyway. Guns are fun to shoot, though. I am the guy who owns guns, but doesn't carry them. They're locked in a safe so that no one can get at them if they break in. In my state, I need to register as a firearm owner and have an FBI background check and wait three days for a pistol of any type. I'm a legal firearm owner who has always and will ever use my firearms safely in the course of enjoying target practice. 

This debate is very two-sided, and neither side seems to mention these people, regardless of how they got their guns, who are the law-abiding, legally-gun-owning citizens, and forever will be - the ones who don't care about actually carrying a gun to the store with them. This is nearly all of them. The number who are legal gun owners who commit crimes is minute. The ones who own guns illegally don't even count; they're already not following even the laws currently in place.

I believe in citizens carrying guns, but I also believe in stringent controls on who that gets to be. My point is that those of us who don't even factor into the carry or criminal equation are the most affected and least represented of all, our only representation being the NRA. I'd like to see a movement of legal recreational gun owners - the guys who already keep quiet - doing some of the speaking, just so that our only voice isn't one with more extremist views elsewhere that we may not agree with.

I may have actually just side-stepped the issue.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
crimsonghost wrote:This

crimsonghost wrote:

This isn't to say anything about my friend or Bass Pro Shops, but the ease with which he got a handgun, with no wait period, no FBI background check. (If my facts are wrong, I apologize - I am reporting the scenario as I understood it) 

There was almost certainly a background check. Ohio uses the FBI NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System), and that typically takes about 5 minutes. If something flags in your file, then it may be initially denied and require you to appeal in which case an actual person looks through everything in your file and makes the decision. In the day of computers, there isn't really any reason for a long process. You aren't going to learn anything in the next 3 days you didn't learn the first 30 seconds. The vast majority of people have a pretty simple one or two page file that says 2 speeding tickets and a late parking ticket. The theory behind the waiting period besides a background check is that it allows a "cool off" period to prevent someone from purchasing a gun in the heat of the moment. Though there is zero evidence that murderers actually do that, or that having a week long waiting period actually prevents a single murder. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stupid rule. People who kill

Stupid rule. People who kill in the heat of the moment use what is right there. If there's a gun they might use it, but I'm sure they don't always. In addition to being a cowards weapon, you can't get the same physical satisfaction that a knife or club will give.
There are plenty of ways to kill someone without a gun or the need for background checks or even a trip to the store. Matches and accelerent. Or a 20th floor window. Or a bathtub. Or stairs. Or poison.
If someone is clearheaded enough to go out and buy a gun specifically to kill someone, waiting a few days won't be much of an obstacle.

crimsonghost
atheist
User is offlineOffline
FBI background check

Good information. Thank you. I'm used to the one that takes an hour to fill out and then gets faxed in. Who knows how long it takes to get it back, because Illinois requires a one-day/three-day cool-off period, regardless. Iv'e never seen an FBI check that takes just a few minutes. I should also say that my friend has absolutely no reason to have set off alarms, as he's a target shooter like me, without any extremist beliefs or people picking on him in high school.